daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Subways and Urban Transport

Subways and Urban Transport Metros, subways, light rail, trams, buses and other local transport systems

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old May 30th, 2012, 10:26 AM   #921
Alargule
Res Uder et Siger

Likes (Received): 2092

It's a bit...small...

Sponsored Links
Old May 30th, 2012, 03:44 PM   #922
HARTride 2012

Likes (Received): 1976

I can't seem to make it any bigger. I use Photobucket.

Btw, I made the entire map in MS Paint. The route symbols and other elements (in the rounded blue rectangles) were made in PowerPoint.
HARTride 2012 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 30th, 2012, 07:15 PM   #923
612bv3

Likes (Received): 101

This is my BART Fantasy Map. It's similar to the one I posted before but I cleaned it up a bit. I'm making another one just like this, but slightly different. After that I'm going to change the look to something different.

image hosted on flickr

Fantasy BART Map 3 by TJPrz, on Flickr

This is an earlier one. I was experimenting with a circle. Just wanted to see if I can do it.
image hosted on flickr

BART Fantasy Map by TJPrz, on Flickr
Old May 30th, 2012, 10:02 PM   #924
Falubaz

Likes (Received): 2940

The last one is interesting. What if you would make all lines in semicircles?
Something like this one:
http://api.ning.com/files/DSW*lGa0Mm...yorailway2.jpg

₪₪₪Zielona Góra moim okiem₪₪₪ Zielonogórskie autobusy₪₪₪Port Lotniczy ZIElona Góra₪₪₪ BRT₪₪₪ścieżki rowerowe w ZG
₪₪₪[Świat] „Przebłyski pamięci”₪₪₪Moja Ameryka - nie tylko Stany
Falubaz no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 3rd, 2012, 07:20 PM   #925
Innsertnamehere
insertoronto

Likes (Received): 681

here is my fantasy map for toronto:

thickest lines = subway

middle thinknesss lines = grade separated LRT

thin lines = middle of street LRT

first, here is the subway/ LRT map of today;

then what Toronto transit will look like in 2015: (the yellow line has been extended)

then how it will look in 2020 (all of this is funded, and will start construction soon if it isn't already)

what it might look like in 2030 (based on stuff currently proposed)

and finally, what I would like it to look like in 2050!

Innsertnamehere no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 7th, 2012, 12:22 AM   #926
CNGL
Leudimin

Likes (Received): 1937

I really like the Mushroom Kingdom subway. Well, I parked my capital metro map and I made a fantasy tram system for Zaragoza. Since the city exists, I've made it on Google Maps. It is at http://goo.gl/maps/YmMW. OK, actually most of T1 line is not fantasy, but real. Some explanations to stop names. Almost all are named after neighborhoods or adjacent streets (I've looked at OpenStreetMap for the ones in Arcosur, a new estate which is being built to the Southwest), but there are two that are not.

Super Mario Bros. No, I didn't go nuts. That is the name of the street! That part will have their streets named after videogames, like Space Invaders St.
Hilarión Gimeno. Named after a elementary school in the area.
José Carlos. A very well kept Aragonese secret . No, really is named after a kid who, just after EXPO 2008 ended, asked for help for fight against a disease (Incidentally, it was the same disease that named a station on the SC subway).
Neque porro quisquam est qui dolorem ipsum, quia dolor sit amet, consectetur, adipisci velit, sed quia non nunquam eius modi tempora incidunt ut labore et dolore magnam aliquam quaerat voluptatem - Cicero, De finibus bonorum et malorum, from which placeholder text is derived.
CNGL no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 7th, 2012, 04:22 AM   #927
HARTride 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by CNGL View Post
I really like the Mushroom Kingdom subway.
Thanks! My other subway system map is in the planning stages. It will be constructed similarly to the one I've made.

Right now, I am modifying the MK Subway Map to indicate which stations are handicap accessible (not all stations are at this time), which stations are connected to bus terminals, and which stations are connected to Park-n-Ride lots. I'm also indicating which stations have full-service customer service centers. All of the stations have automated ticketing kiosks.
Old June 9th, 2012, 06:55 AM   #928
jhnlhy

Likes (Received): 0

Finishing up the full map, but here's a peak an expanded Boston MBTA with the map design inspired by the Paris Metro.
jhnlhy no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 9th, 2012, 09:21 AM   #929
Abbendymion
Get Ready

Likes (Received): 1072

Mexico City Subway "PolyStyle" maps.
Design experiment from some time ago.

This is not a fantasy network, but rather a fantasy design, since it's based on other cities' maps. All lines and services are real; non-subway services may or not appear in the map depending on the style.

The station name translation method is completely discretional....

Clarion
abbendymion.tumblr.com
Current Log: CP1### (Ans 11.2)

HP
abbhyperion.tumblr.com

Proudly, a GrNe production
Abbendymion no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 9th, 2012, 10:28 AM   #930
Falubaz

Likes (Received): 2940

Excelent work!

₪₪₪Zielona Góra moim okiem₪₪₪ Zielonogórskie autobusy₪₪₪Port Lotniczy ZIElona Góra₪₪₪ BRT₪₪₪ścieżki rowerowe w ZG
₪₪₪[Świat] „Przebłyski pamięci”₪₪₪Moja Ameryka - nie tylko Stany
Falubaz no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 9th, 2012, 11:42 AM   #931
CNGL
Leudimin

The last one is wrong, Madrid doesn't use that style since 2007. But it was far better than current one , that would fit perfectly into Beijing. BTW, Japanese for Zaragoza is サラゴサ (Saragosa).
Neque porro quisquam est qui dolorem ipsum, quia dolor sit amet, consectetur, adipisci velit, sed quia non nunquam eius modi tempora incidunt ut labore et dolore magnam aliquam quaerat voluptatem - Cicero, De finibus bonorum et malorum, from which placeholder text is derived.
Old June 9th, 2012, 02:01 PM   #932
FML

Likes (Received): 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abbendymion View Post
Mexico City Subway "PolyStyle" maps.
The pure true awesomeness.
FML no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 9th, 2012, 02:38 PM   #933
HARTride 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhnlhy View Post
Finishing up the full map, but here's a peak an expanded Boston MBTA with the map design inspired by the Paris Metro.
Awesome looking map! Mine is loosely based off the Paris Metro map. As I mentioned also, my fantasy systems us rolling stock based off the Paris Metro too.

I am beginning to plan out stations for my Yoshi City transport map, which will comprise of subway lines, light rail lines, monorail lines, and commuter and suburban rail lines.

==============

I am also beginning to plan out my third fantasy transit system. It will be for a fantasy city called Shaunville, which is named after someone I know personally. The city's layout will follow something similar to Miami, but the metro system will be a mix between the Paris Metro and the Chicago El.

The Shaunville system will comprise of 7 "built" lines, with 2 more proposed during the span between 2012 and 2020. Most of the system will be elevated, with one line (Line 7) utilizing rubber-tyred rolling stock. The other 6 lines will use steel-wheel stock.

A brief overview of Shaunville's El rolling stock is below:

*SvElS 1961: Lines 1, 2
*SvElS 1969: Line 3
*SvElS 1977: Line 4
*SvElS 1985: Lines 5, 6
*SvElP 1997: Line 7 (based off the Paris MP 89)

"Sv" stands for Shaunville, "El" stands for Elevated, "S" stands for steel-wheel, "P" stands for rubber-tyred.
Old June 19th, 2012, 04:25 AM   #934
HARTride 2012

Now my map indicating handicap accessible stations, bus terminals, and stations with customer service centers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HARTride 2012 View Post

I can't seem to make it any bigger. I use Photobucket.

Btw, I made the entire map in MS Paint. The route symbols and other elements (in the rounded blue rectangles) were made in PowerPoint.
I think I've figured out why my photos never come out large, it's likely because I only have a free account with Photobucket. I cannot afford the pay version.
Old June 19th, 2012, 01:15 PM   #935
CNGL
Leudimin

Why not upload it to Imageshack or Tinypic? You can put a large image from there.

Soon I will start to digitallize my capital subway map (It's already hand-drawn). Finally I decided to put the Southern part of line 11 (Circle line around downtown), 2nd phase of line 18 (Serving Northern suburbs), 1st phase of line 19 (Western suburbs) and line 20 (On the suburbs of Cape Charliland, to the East) to the present time, they were originally planned to open in 2015.
Old June 19th, 2012, 06:21 PM   #936
HARTride 2012

Thank you!

After re-sizing the image to reduce file size, I uploaded it to Imageshack (with no additional re-sizing) and now I have this...

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Last edited by HARTride 2012; June 19th, 2012 at 07:12 PM.
Old June 21st, 2012, 10:30 AM   #937
Dabi89
日韓holic

Likes (Received): 62

Hello everybody!

This is my first work here.
I have been working for many years on the fantasy country of Izaland in an undefined planet, and especially on its geography and rail connections.

I am now working especially on the capital area rail transit (it's too huge and I'll never end it ), so for the moment, here is the map of a minor city of my country.

Kamuro city has about 3,4 millions inhabitants and is part of the bigger Klinbarti Metropolitan Area (the total area has about 78 millions people!) to which is connected by rail (the distance is about 50 km).

As you can see, the names are clearly inspired by japanese, as well as some of the thru services of the subway lines into the private railways.

The city has got 4 subway lines:
- Nanbuku Line (red line, from Nanagura to Asahiganoke and thru service to Azarusun Station in Klinbarty city on the Nanku Electric Railways Kuhon Line)
- Nakaharigawa Line (orange line, from Nakaharigawa to Hisayas and thru service to Nanku Sukèchi Station in Sukèchi city on the Nanku Electric Railways Honjin Line)
- Kogo Line (Green Line, from Kamuro Station to Klinbarti Mijihan Int.l Airport)
- Yobikari Sea Line (Turquoise line, from Kamushijanja to Yobikari)

Green and Turquoise lines share the platform between Shinago-Nanbu and Omijikome. The Turquoise line passes under the sea at Kamuro Port through a glass tunnel that allows to view outside under the sea.

At the moment the Yobikari Sea Line is being extended to Nijinada Station, where will meet the Nanku Kuhon Line for interchange.

In addiction there are two private lines: The Sakuraseki Hills Line connects the city center (Honjo station) with the residential area at East, while the Airport Express Line connects the city center with the International Airport in just 10 minutes.

The city is then crossed by the IR (Izaland Rail) and the High Speed Rail from north to south.

Kamuro Station is the main terminal of the City.

Here is the map that I am going to improve in the future:

Old July 15th, 2012, 08:21 PM   #938
Winged Robot

Likes (Received): 7

Here's my map for the future of mass transit in Hampton Roads, the metro area that surrounds and includes the port city of Norfolk in the US state of Virginia. The area already has a short light rail line entirely within the city of Norfolk called 'The Tide'. Once it's fully built out, it should fulfill its purpose for years to come. The map I designed is for a heavy rail system that would come after The Tide has reached it's limits, called 'The High Tide.' It'd be too much to post it here, so I put the full write-up on 4shared.com if anyone wants to read it.

What Comes Next After The Tide?

image hosted on flickr

the_high_tide_map by Winged Robot, on Flickr
Winged Robot no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 15th, 2012, 08:38 PM   #939
HARTride 2012

Neat map!

I hope to be able to one day soon to ride the Tide. I think it's a great system.

And for a city that houses that world's largest Naval base, they deserve a wonderful and expansive transit system.
Old July 19th, 2012, 03:08 PM   #940
thesmartboy

Likes (Received): 73

Hello everyone!!!

I am new here.
*I am the youngest member of Skyscrapercity.

Well,here is my first map.It is a skywire system in Boracay,Philippines.I thought of a skywire system since the stations are too close to each other.
The map has four lines.The map is made in MS Paint.

Enjoy.
thesmartboy no está en línea   Reply With Quote