daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Subways and Urban Transport

Subways and Urban Transport Metros, subways, light rail, trams, buses and other local transport systems

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old October 9th, 2012, 10:45 PM   #981
Curz
que conoce muchos idiomas

Likes (Received): 1358

Streetcar network concept for Richmond, VA.

No existe ningún ser supremo. Cuando te mueres, te mueres y ya, listo, se acabó.

CNB30 liked this post
Curz no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old October 13th, 2012, 06:54 AM   #982
thesmartboy

Likes (Received): 73

I'm Back!

I'm back after forgetting my skyscrapercity password.Now,I make maps on Google Maps.I was telling you about Manila(the MRT and LRT map) but I cancelled that.I have a Manila Tram map(Of course,fantasy.)It's not yet finished.Link:http://goo.gl/maps/WS1J2

I also have the Angeles Metro.Angeles is the place where apl.de.ap of The Black Eyed Peas was born.Link:http://goo.gl/maps/2inmE

If you like my maps,you can tell that I am crazy.
thesmartboy no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 13th, 2012, 07:38 PM   #983
HARTride 2012

Likes (Received): 1976

Mabuhay! I am from Angeles City!

Your maps are definitely impressive. I have a fantasy metro map for Norfolk, VA through Google Maps.
https://maps.google.com/maps/ms?msid...42973,2.705383
HARTride 2012 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 14th, 2012, 12:20 AM   #984
philly2kansascity

Likes (Received): 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by makita09 View Post
This so far has been 3 years in the making, and is only now more finished than it is incomplete. The aim was to create a large island network, for a country that has a population of about 250 million, and to make it look as realistic as possible.

Here is the whole island (the island to the south east is far less complete. The large gaps towards the east of the main island are mountain ranges)...

Here is zoomed in on the most westerly peninsula - notice I have used the bueker.net colour coding for the railway lines...

And a super close up of the city Sofia (named after my friend Sofia) to show the level of detail that the entire map of the island contains

And here is an image showing most of the entire island's passenger train service patterns, colour coded by operator, and astonishingly and unintentionally it looks like a scary rabbit from a nightmare in Watership Down.

nice map.
philly2kansascity no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 14th, 2012, 04:05 AM   #985
thesmartboy

Thanks!I have some more maps...
I like that map.Line 8 is so long.3 hours!
I am currently making a map for Baguio,Philippines.
Old October 14th, 2012, 04:11 AM   #986
HARTride 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by thesmartboy View Post
Thanks!I have some more maps...
I like that map.Line 8 is so long.3 hours!
I am currently making a map for Baguio,Philippines.
Thank you.

My 2 longest lines are 5 & 8 I believe. In Paris, Lines 5 & 8 are long as well.

I'm looking forward to seeing your future fantasy maps. I've been to Baguio as well, great city!
Old October 14th, 2012, 08:35 AM   #987
thesmartboy

Baguio Metro:http://goo.gl/maps/8SUob

There are many lines so please see page 2.
Old October 14th, 2012, 08:37 AM   #988
thesmartboy

HARTride 2012:Regarding the Norfolk map,if you like extensive metro systems,you could extend it to North Carolina and Richmond,VA.

Last edited by thesmartboy; October 14th, 2012 at 08:39 AM. Reason: Typographical errors
Old October 14th, 2012, 08:56 AM   #989
thesmartboy

Iqaluit-the capital of Nunavut,Canada

Fantasy tram system:http://goo.gl/maps/1bFRa
Old October 14th, 2012, 10:42 AM   #990
thesmartboy

Olongapo,Philippines:http://goo.gl/maps/kABdu
Old October 14th, 2012, 12:01 PM   #991
CNGL
Leudimin

Likes (Received): 1937

About Google metro maps, I made one of Zaragoza tram some time ago. Here is what I wrote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by CNGL View Post
I really like the Mushroom Kingdom subway. Well, I parked my capital metro map and I made a fantasy tram system for Zaragoza. Since the city exists, I've made it on Google Maps. It is at http://goo.gl/maps/YmMW. OK, actually most of T1 line is not fantasy, but real. Some explanations to stop names. Almost all are named after neighborhoods or adjacent streets (I've looked at OpenStreetMap for the ones in Arcosur, a new estate which is being built to the Southwest), but there are two that are not.

Super Mario Bros. No, I didn't go nuts. That is the name of the street! That part will have their streets named after videogames, like Space Invaders St.
Hilarión Gimeno. Named after a elementary school in the area.
José Carlos. A very well kept Aragonese secret . No, really is named after a kid who, just after EXPO 2008 ended, asked for help for fight against a disease (Incidentally, it was the same disease that named a station on the SC subway).
... but some weeks after I posted this I updated the map and the José Carlos stop is now gone, it used to be what is now Salvador Allende stop on T5 line.
Neque porro quisquam est qui dolorem ipsum, quia dolor sit amet, consectetur, adipisci velit, sed quia non nunquam eius modi tempora incidunt ut labore et dolore magnam aliquam quaerat voluptatem - Cicero, De finibus bonorum et malorum, from which placeholder text is derived.
CNGL no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 14th, 2012, 02:16 PM   #992
Mr_Dru

Likes (Received): 558

A couple of months a made this map of Amsterdam

Mr_Dru no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 14th, 2012, 03:10 PM   #993
HARTride 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by thesmartboy View Post
HARTride 2012:Regarding the Norfolk map,if you like extensive metro systems,you could extend it to North Carolina and Richmond,VA.
So true. Your lines are pretty long too.
Old October 16th, 2012, 01:15 PM   #994
thesmartboy

I like that Amsterdam map.Did you know that I am currently making a map for Hagatna,Guam?
Old October 16th, 2012, 03:51 PM   #995
Alargule
Res Uder et Siger

Likes (Received): 2093

Wow!
Old October 16th, 2012, 08:41 PM   #996
Curz
que conoce muchos idiomas

Likes (Received): 1358

No existe ningún ser supremo. Cuando te mueres, te mueres y ya, listo, se acabó.

CNB30 liked this post
Curz no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 16th, 2012, 10:53 PM   #997
Swede
forumer #29

Likes (Received): 1663

^Great looking map visually and it's a great concept for a system with plenty of transfer opportunities and good coverage while still being easy to build in phases. I'm wondering tho - where's the amtrack station, or at least inter-city bus station? possible future HSR station?
Huopa, Nightsky, Jo, wolkenkrabber, ThisSideofSteinway, jacksom, New Jack City, LeCom, Ellatur, Jan, Dennis, Ace, Bardamu, AtlanticaC5, Ringil, Dysfunctional, stacey, karakhal, ch1le, Hviid, staff, kjetilab, Þróndeimr, queetz, FREKI, sander, Blue Viking, nomels, Mantas, ristov, Rafal_T, khaan, Chilenofuturista, Jonte Myra, safta20, AW, Pas, Jarmo K, IceCheese, Sideshow_Bob, sk, Ingenioren, Ayreonaut, Silver Creations, Hasse78, Svartmetall
Swede no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 17th, 2012, 02:13 AM   #998
612bv3

Likes (Received): 101

Made a few changes to the map I posted in the last page.

image hosted on flickr

Fantasy BART Map 4.1 by TJPrz, on Flickr
Old October 17th, 2012, 03:15 PM   #999
HARTride 2012

Neat!

Here is my updated Mushroom Kingdom fantasy subway map.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

The main changes to the system are as follows:

*The Line 8 extension to Babylon opened on August 15, 2012, allowing the Lewell Rd branch (which has generally seen low traffic) to be split off into it's own shuttle line. Line 8 will continue to operate the MS 87 rolling stock, which is steel-wheeled

**This shuttle line is slated to eventually become Line 16, which will connect into the western suburbs such as Belleville. There is already a one station extension to the west, called Belleville-Lewell, which opened on September 16, 2012. Additionally, there was a recent expansion project on the Line 8 and 9 tunnels between Gatewood Blvd and Levack Pinellas (partially due to the construction of Line 14) that allowed more tracks to be built. This in-turn, allowed shuttle service to commence between the Belleville-Lewell station and the Nevergold Transfer Center. The new shuttle line currently operates refurbished MS 71 stock from Line 4. These trains run in 4 car configurations in the daytime and 2 to 3 car configurations during off-peak hours.

*Although Line 14 was listed on my last map, it actually opened to passengers on October 7, 2012. The line is fully automated and operates rubber-tyred rolling stock, the MP 05.

*The opening of the station at I-395 on Line 10 has been delayed slightly, now set for December 30, 2012.

Last edited by HARTride 2012; October 17th, 2012 at 03:39 PM.
Old October 18th, 2012, 03:28 PM   #1000
thesmartboy

Impressive!