daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Subways and Urban Transport

Subways and Urban Transport Metros, subways, light rail, trams, buses and other local transport systems

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old December 1st, 2012, 06:13 PM   #1041
Dabi89
日韓holic

Likes (Received): 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by thesmartboy View Post
Dabi89-Nice map.What do you use for those maps?They're awesome.One request:Can you make a fantasy map for Tokyo?I'd love to see it.
Sorry for my late answer.

Thank you!

I am using this website that another user suggested some pages before:

http://beno.org.uk/

While some other maps are made by Open Office Impress. Now I'm working on the geographic map of Shiosau city rail network.

With a fantasy map of Tokyo, do you mean a map drawn by myself about the real Tokyo stations, or just a fantasy one inspired by Tokyo's network?

Sponsored Links
Old December 2nd, 2012, 03:54 AM   #1042
thesmartboy

Likes (Received): 73

Now I know.Thanks for the info.

Regarding the fantasy Tokyo Subway map,it's the fantasy network inspired by the present one.
thesmartboy no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 5th, 2012, 02:00 AM   #1043
Dabi89
日韓holic

Quote:

Now I know.Thanks for the info.

Regarding the fantasy Tokyo Subway map,it's the fantasy network inspired by the present one.
Ok! If I have more time I will try to make it as well!
Old December 5th, 2012, 02:10 AM   #1044
Dabi89
日韓holic

I completed the regional rail network of Shiosau city.
I still have to complete some details
(such as the single line informations and some other), but I completed most of the work, I guess.

As you can see, I also prepared the logo of the national railways (Izaland Railways Group).
The red and white line stopping only at major stations is the high speed maglev line, with a service speed of 600 kmph.

The main corridors however can support speeds of 200-250 kmph allowing so high speed intercity trains.

This is only one of the many provinces of my fantasy country.
Shikinodze province has a total extension of 105,630 km² with a population of about 28 millions inhabitants,
most of them living in the capital Shiosau and a few other cities.
For this reason, except for urban areas, most of the province are is unurbanized and left to the nature.

Ideally, this province, located in the north has a landscape and a climate recalling northern Europe.

I made this map with Open Office Impress.
And of course I'm still working on the geographical map of Shiosau's subway. After that I will continue with other cities and provinces of my country.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Old December 5th, 2012, 06:45 PM   #1045
fieldsofdreams
PH + SF Super Moderator

Likes (Received): 11258

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dabi89 View Post
I completed the regional rail network of Shiosau city.
I still have to complete some details
(such as the single line informations and some other), but I completed most of the work, I guess.

As you can see, I also prepared the logo of the national railways (Izaland Railways Group).
The red and white line stopping only at major stations is the high speed maglev line, with a service speed of 600 kmph.

The main corridors however can support speeds of 200-250 kmph allowing so high speed intercity trains.

This is only one of the many provinces of my fantasy country.
Shikinodze province has a total extension of 105,630 km² with a population of about 28 millions inhabitants,
most of them living in the capital Shiosau and a few other cities.
For this reason, except for urban areas, most of the province are is unurbanized and left to the nature.

Ideally, this province, located in the north has a landscape and a climate recalling northern Europe.

I made this map with Open Office Impress.
And of course I'm still working on the geographical map of Shiosau's subway. After that I will continue with other cities and provinces of my country.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Now that loop line definitely gives me an impression that it indeed is the city proper itself. Great work! Looking forward for more...

With the Maglev, I believe that train transport will be much more efficient (but costly to construct) for most commuters, as well as a clean air alternative. Besides, what else are you planning for the city and suburbs?

Rohnert Park • Rio Vista • Richmond • Redwood City • Portola Valley • Pleasanton • Pleasant Hill
fieldsofdreams no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 5th, 2012, 06:53 PM   #1046
Sopomon
Hideous and malformed

Likes (Received): 153

I love how you manage to combine Japanese and Korean style names, very cool.
Old December 5th, 2012, 09:36 PM   #1047
TranslatorPS

Likes (Received): 37

Ever considered a separate version, in Hiragana? (I'm slightly intolerative of Kanji, since there ain't no system behind it except the stroke order :/ ) This would make it a little bit more like Japan :P (Even though I assume this isn't exactly what you're after aiming for, just for the fun :P )
しおさう
Old December 8th, 2012, 01:41 AM   #1048
thesmartboy

Teach me how to do that!!!Office Impress is really meant to impress.
Old December 8th, 2012, 02:06 AM   #1049
fieldsofdreams
PH + SF Super Moderator

Likes (Received): 11258

My bus map is delayed because I have a more important project to work on, but it is a pretty large one since I base it on my existing SimCity region. The main question: will I release the map with bus lines only, metro and rail lines only, or all three in one?

Rohnert Park • Rio Vista • Richmond • Redwood City • Portola Valley • Pleasanton • Pleasant Hill
fieldsofdreams no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 9th, 2012, 04:09 AM   #1050
thesmartboy

Busy on my Manila MRT/LRT map.

Comments:
fieldsofdreams-Try all three(if you can) but you need symbols for the three.
Dabi89-Remember your Kamuro Subway?I suppose I should see the improved map now.
Old December 15th, 2012, 05:31 AM   #1051
thesmartboy

Almost a week since the last post.I don't know what told me to make a Rotterdam metro map.Are there still any updates?
Old December 15th, 2012, 06:17 AM   #1052
thesmartboy

Re:My Post
As soon as I finish my Manila MRT/LRT map,I will post my Batangas City Tram(and other systems shared with it) as well.
Old December 16th, 2012, 01:02 AM   #1053
Dabi89
日韓holic

Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldsofdreams View Post
Now that loop line definitely gives me an impression that it indeed is the city proper itself. Great work! Looking forward for more...

With the Maglev, I believe that train transport will be much more efficient (but costly to construct) for most commuters, as well as a clean air alternative. Besides, what else are you planning for the city and suburbs?
Thank you very much!

I am just planning the geographic subway map now, as well as some 2D models of the main rolling stock of railways and subways.

And actually, this is just a major city of my big fantasy country. The capital city would have more than 150 millions inhabitants in the metropolitan area, so the rail network is also huge. I have been working on it for about 2 years, but the map I am realizing probably reached my computer's limit ( it is too slow to work on, so I am thinking about what to do to continue).
Old December 16th, 2012, 01:03 AM   #1054
Dabi89
日韓holic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sopomon View Post

I love how you manage to combine Japanese and Korean style names, very cool.
In fact I have been many times to Japan and Korea ( of which I also study the languages), so I guess I am quite influenced by their names.
Old December 16th, 2012, 01:06 AM   #1055
Dabi89
日韓holic

Quote:
Originally Posted by TranslatorPS View Post

Ever considered a separate version, in Hiragana? (I'm slightly intolerative of Kanji, since there ain't no system behind it except the stroke order :/ ) This would make it a little bit more like Japan :P (Even though I assume this isn't exactly what you're after aiming for, just for the fun :P )
しおさう
Actually my fantasy country's placenames are based on Kanji, but with their own reading. Like for japanese, there is a kind of "on reading" close to that of Japanese ( yet with some differences), and a "kun reading" totally different. I am also having many problems in trying to give a logic to all the names. Usually when I give the name to a station I just take it randomly from my head, but recently I try to give them a meaning, so I should start to write down a database of names and Kanji.

By the way, Shiosau written in Kanji officially is 有根, that means "presence of a root", probably from an ancient etymologic meaning ( I still have to write about the history of my coyntry )
Old December 16th, 2012, 01:07 AM   #1056
Dabi89
日韓holic

Quote:
Teach me how to do that!!!Office Impress is really meant to impress.
I just use the Open Office Power point. It is open source, so easily obtainable.
For lines, I usually write them with the control "45 degrees lines" and then I convert them to curves and smooth the angles. It takes quite a lot of work though.

Quote:
Busy on my Manila MRT/LRT map.

Dabi89-Remember your Kamuro Subway?I suppose I should see the improved map now.
I remember! Actually I am going to integrate it in the network of a bigger city.
Old December 20th, 2012, 02:03 AM   #1057
thesmartboy

Oh.

I'm focused on my Manila MRT/LRT map,which extends to Vietnam.
Old December 21st, 2012, 08:05 AM   #1058
thesmartboy

Wahahaha...Today's picture shows a Mayan city.No one noticed 12/21/12.Any apocalyptic/doomsday-related maps?
Old December 21st, 2012, 03:28 PM   #1059
Alargule
Res Uder et Siger

Likes (Received): 2093

Oh yes, I have a few:

New York:

Moscow:

Tokyo:

Cleveland:

Old December 21st, 2012, 10:43 PM   #1060
CNGL
Leudimin

Likes (Received): 1937

Quote:
Oh.

I'm focused on my Manila MRT/LRT map,which extends to Vietnam.
Wow. I have found a huge-ass fantasy NY/NJ/CT subway, but your Manila MRT extending to Vietnam is just...
Neque porro quisquam est qui dolorem ipsum, quia dolor sit amet, consectetur, adipisci velit, sed quia non nunquam eius modi tempora incidunt ut labore et dolore magnam aliquam quaerat voluptatem - Cicero, De finibus bonorum et malorum, from which placeholder text is derived.
CNGL no está en línea   Reply With Quote