daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Subways and Urban Transport

Subways and Urban Transport Metros, subways, light rail, trams, buses and other local transport systems

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old May 24th, 2013, 06:03 AM   #1161
LouDagreat
High in the sky

Likes (Received): 150

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arnorian View Post
Not while it votes red.
Actually, over the 2012 Presidential election, I believe for the first time in many years, the Island voted for a Democrat. Although we still elected a Republican representative.
LouDagreat no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old May 24th, 2013, 03:37 PM   #1162
Arnorian

Likes (Received): 14678

I made a couple of silly mistakes in that map, there's no need for new tunnels under the East River, as Montague Street, Rutgers Street, and 63rd Street (upper level) tunnels are underused. Also two Brooklyn-Queens lines connecting to the 125th Street stations in Harlem, and a JFK-LaGuaria line.

Arnorian no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 2nd, 2013, 03:45 AM   #1163
thesmartboy

Likes (Received): 73

Hadn't been posting in a while...Welcome myself back.

I love the updates.

Kolothos-Patience can make maps on MS Paint.Agreed.With that full map,I got interested in it.
Arnorian-Nice update.I dissatisfy the station names/area names overlapping the lines.

By the way,making maps still.Wait.
thesmartboy no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 2nd, 2013, 03:46 AM   #1164
HARTride 2012

Likes (Received): 1976

I was about to say, lol. Welcome back!

I'm still working on my maps. Not much new on my end.
HARTride 2012 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 3rd, 2013, 09:13 PM   #1165
Kolothos
slyscrapercity

Likes (Received): 770

Working on a new Paint map. Essentially this is a reorganisation of commuter lines within Glasgow (with only small new sections of railway built between Paisley and Glasgow Airport, and South Glasgow Hospital and Jordanhill) plus two new tram lines, running in a mix of on street in the city centre (like Manchester) and on former commuter lines. This sort of network is quite achievable for Glasgow.

I've just started filling in the interchanges. I'm trying to go for a more German approach to a metro map (rather than the usual LU style). The two main regional and intercity termini are highlighted in bold.

MarkO liked this post
Kolothos no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 4th, 2013, 05:46 PM   #1166
thesmartboy

Kolothos,another wonderful map!

As I see,I love(not just like) your German approach for the map.You're the central of Glasgow maps,I agree.

Complete the map,and I will get the full interest!!!
Old June 6th, 2013, 11:29 PM   #1167
Murakamisenior
Spain and Japan Forever!!

Likes (Received): 2

It may sounds weird, but...... this is my Malta's Light Rail System:

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

The red line links Sliema with the International Airport, and the blue line links Valletta with Birkirkara.
I heard about a tram project in this country.
Old June 7th, 2013, 02:38 AM   #1168
Kolothos
slyscrapercity

Right, here goes again with paint, I'm really getting the hang of things now. Here I am experimenting with right angles. Since Glasgow currently has no rail map, I've simply drawn out what currently exists in Glasgow, but in an unusual sort of way. I've accidentally missed out a few lines, and this map has quite a ways to go, but I got bored with the other one, and I'd like to share my work so far! Almost all of the stations are missing so far, I've only really done the Cathcart Circle ones, along with the main interchanges.

All these lines are currently in operation within Glasgow, but there is no map in existance to show this!
Old June 7th, 2013, 04:00 AM   #1169
thesmartboy

KOLOTHOS!!!HOW DID YOU DO THAT?!?!
You'll personally tutor me in professional Paint map making skills,or else...

And one little correction,between Mount Florida and King's Park,an interchange symbol.

Murakamisenior(I know it's Japanese+Spanish),yep,never heard of a rail system in Malta.Why not link San Giljan with Sliema,Valetta,Il-Birgu to the airport?Link the Red line to the War Museum as well.Why not make a Central Circle Line(like I always do)?

Suggestions.

I am currently working on the Tagbilaran Rail Transport System.
Old June 7th, 2013, 09:53 AM   #1170
Kolothos
slyscrapercity

Yep, paint can be quite powerful if you use it right. I did do a lot of cleaning up at the pixel level though, and the map benefits from having quite a nice shape in the first place.

If you've any particular questions, I'd be happy to post up a few tutorials here!

And that interchange point is there on purpose, I just copy/paste that particular one for when I need another on the map, it'll be gone once I'm complete.
Old June 7th, 2013, 06:20 PM   #1171
thesmartboy

Kolothos:Okay.Personally tutor me!!!(I need all caps but I consider it too mad).

Question 1:If you're using Windows 7 or 8,HOW DID YOU DO THAT?!Personally tutor me OR ELSE...
Question 2:If not,I'm sorry,sir,I can't do that.I'm on Windows 7.Upgrade to Windows 7 OR ELSE...
Question 3:UGH I love your interchanges.Since I personally hate the MSPaint update,you will teach me OR ELSE...
Question 4:Are you copy pasting from the German maps?Give me a copy OR ELSE...
Question 5:How did you get the colors?I will not give an or else to this since I have the list of colors copied from Wikipedia.The or else is:Give me the exact Hex triplet of the colors you used OR ELSE...
Question 6:I look so "disused railway". You will tutor me OR ELSE...

Still working on my map though.
Old June 8th, 2013, 12:19 PM   #1172
Kolothos
slyscrapercity

Quote:
Originally Posted by thesmartboy View Post
Kolothos:Okay.Personally tutor me!!!(I need all caps but I consider it too mad).

Question 1:If you're using Windows 7 or 8,HOW DID YOU DO THAT?!Personally tutor me OR ELSE...
Question 2:If not,I'm sorry,sir,I can't do that.I'm on Windows 7.Upgrade to Windows 7 OR ELSE...
Question 3:UGH I love your interchanges.Since I personally hate the MSPaint update,you will teach me OR ELSE...
Question 4:Are you copy pasting from the German maps?Give me a copy OR ELSE...
Question 5:How did you get the colors?I will not give an or else to this since I have the list of colors copied from Wikipedia.The or else is:Give me the exact Hex triplet of the colors you used OR ELSE...
Question 6:I look so "disused railway". You will tutor me OR ELSE...

Still working on my map though.
I'm off to Amsterdam in the next few days, so I won't have time to fully answer the questions (with images from paint), but I'll briefly answer them:

1) I'm using Windows 8, but it's exactly the same as paint on Windows 7. Ideally I'd rather use pre-Windows 7 paint.
3) Interchanges are easy. They're all based on a simple shape made by holding down SHIFT with the circle tool, with a black outline and SOLID COLOUR FILL on. I made them one pixel wider than each line. Connecting the interchanges was easy. Just drag them next to each other (remember to select 'transparent' selection) and then use the pencil tool to connect them with individual pixels.
4) No, I am making my own paths using the line tool. Holding down SHIFT makes them exactly 0, 45 or 90 degrees in angle.
5) I used the 'add new colours' button to make my own custom colours.
6) Disused railway is better explained with pictures, but I'll get round to that.
Old June 8th, 2013, 01:16 PM   #1173
thesmartboy

Fine.Just get a GPS for you to see Alargule OR ELSE...

I will not have a SHIFT in my schedule so stop SHIFT-ing me OR ELSE...

Working on my map.

Note:Between Manila and Glasgow time SHIFTS by _ hours.
Old June 8th, 2013, 03:27 PM   #1174
Kolothos
slyscrapercity

Eh? What's your problem mate? I'm just helping.

I use the capital letters to show that I'm talking about the 'shift' key on the keyboard.

I can't tell if you're threatening me or you're joking.
Old June 9th, 2013, 03:28 AM   #1175
thesmartboy

I know you're using the SHIFT key,I get it.I won't disturb you until you make your next map.Deal?

And I will make my next map on Paint,if you like.

Actually,it's a 7 hour time difference between Manila and Glasgow.
Old June 9th, 2013, 03:32 AM   #1176
HARTride 2012

Likes (Received): 1976

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kolothos View Post
4) No, I am making my own paths using the line tool. Holding down SHIFT makes them exactly 0, 45 or 90 degrees in angle.
Dang! I never knew that! I used Windows 7 Paint for my recent maps. Even created my own markers for interchange stations.
HARTride 2012 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 9th, 2013, 04:07 AM   #1177
thesmartboy

HARTride2012:Exactly!I'm also using Windows 7 for Paint maps.I'm also going to try map making in MSPaint.
Old June 10th, 2013, 10:10 AM   #1178
Alargule
Res Uder et Siger

Likes (Received): 2093

Still waiting for thesmartboy's first map...
Old June 10th, 2013, 12:53 PM   #1179
Kolothos
slyscrapercity

I knocked the above up in about an hour or so, it's not like I've spent months on it.
Old June 10th, 2013, 02:04 PM   #1180
thesmartboy

Hey,Alargule,I didn't mean first.I just change and change projects.So blame me. Hahahha

I will not update you,then.

_______________________________________________(if you will update me,fill in the blanks)