daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Subways and Urban Transport

Subways and Urban Transport Metros, subways, light rail, trams, buses and other local transport systems

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old June 10th, 2013, 02:59 PM   #1181
Alargule
Res Uder et Siger

Likes (Received): 2093

Posting an update of your 'work in progress' once in a while might also do the trick, of course...

Sponsored Links
Old June 11th, 2013, 03:20 PM   #1182
thesmartboy

Likes (Received): 73

Argh...

I really do have a first map here,the horrible MSPaint map.Of course,all the Google Maps that I posted.
thesmartboy no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 14th, 2013, 02:11 AM   #1183
JohnQMetro

Likes (Received): 2

Lagos Nigeria

Lagos, Nigeria, is now planning an above ground metro network (using refurbished Toronto subway cars). Naturally, I completely ignored this.

Arnorian, NickABQ liked this post
JohnQMetro no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 14th, 2013, 09:58 AM   #1184
Swede
forumer #29

Likes (Received): 1663

I like the way you've laid it out. Each line in itself will be good for getting around and there's also plenty of exchange stations so it won't be everyone using the same station to switch lines. I also see a few potential extensions
I'd add an airplane symbol for the airport station though, for clarity.
Huopa, Nightsky, Jo, wolkenkrabber, ThisSideofSteinway, jacksom, New Jack City, LeCom, Ellatur, Jan, Dennis, Ace, Bardamu, AtlanticaC5, Ringil, Dysfunctional, stacey, karakhal, ch1le, Hviid, staff, kjetilab, Þróndeimr, queetz, FREKI, sander, Blue Viking, nomels, Mantas, ristov, Rafal_T, khaan, Chilenofuturista, Jonte Myra, safta20, AW, Pas, Jarmo K, IceCheese, Sideshow_Bob, sk, Ingenioren, Ayreonaut, Silver Creations, Hasse78, Svartmetall
Swede no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 14th, 2013, 11:36 AM   #1185
Murakamisenior
Spain and Japan Forever!!

Likes (Received): 2

This is my fantasy metro map for the fictional german city of Rödelsheim.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

U1: Glierzinger Strasse-Wächstein
U2: Hankau-Leimersdorf
U3: Sankt Paul-Höttelheim
U4: Hieffenbergerbrücke-Feischling am Berg
U5: Ring Linie
U6: Fritzeller Platz-Vierkirchen
U7: Rödelsheim Hbf-Flughafen
Old June 14th, 2013, 01:14 PM   #1186
NordikNerd
Rail & Road traveller

Likes (Received): 1408

In the 1980's I used to draw fantasy subway maps. Back then I thought I was the only one in the world doing that.

My hometown Subway Map. We're not there yet ! but who knows what will happen in the future. They need to build more dense areas within the city for this map to work.
NordikNerd no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 14th, 2013, 01:32 PM   #1187
kontaveit2012

Likes (Received): 16

I have one for Tallinn which I will post
kontaveit2012 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 14th, 2013, 01:34 PM   #1188
Swede
forumer #29

Likes (Received): 1663

NordikNerd, did you draw any Tram maps too? Or was that too Norrköping?

/wasn't there talks of an interurban (tram-train) line connecting the two a few years ago?
Huopa, Nightsky, Jo, wolkenkrabber, ThisSideofSteinway, jacksom, New Jack City, LeCom, Ellatur, Jan, Dennis, Ace, Bardamu, AtlanticaC5, Ringil, Dysfunctional, stacey, karakhal, ch1le, Hviid, staff, kjetilab, Þróndeimr, queetz, FREKI, sander, Blue Viking, nomels, Mantas, ristov, Rafal_T, khaan, Chilenofuturista, Jonte Myra, safta20, AW, Pas, Jarmo K, IceCheese, Sideshow_Bob, sk, Ingenioren, Ayreonaut, Silver Creations, Hasse78, Svartmetall
Swede no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 14th, 2013, 01:42 PM   #1189
Alargule
Res Uder et Siger

Well, I can always post this one, of course. It's been up here before (2006, 2008 and 2011), but I keep making (small) changes to the network. Somehow, it never gets boring

Click to embiggenize:
Old June 14th, 2013, 10:06 PM   #1190
NordikNerd
Rail & Road traveller

Likes (Received): 1408

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swede View Post
NordikNerd, did you draw any Tram maps too? Or was that too Norrköping?

/wasn't there talks of an interurban (tram-train) line connecting the two a few years ago?
No tram maps yet, there used to be discussions about construction of a tram line in Linköping.

Linköping has much more urban sprawl than Norrköping so there is not really a need for trams and even less need for a subway system, so that's fantasies.
NordikNerd no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 22nd, 2013, 04:23 PM   #1191
Alargule
Res Uder et Siger

What do you get when you apply fantasy additions to an existing system...which is already a fantasy system to begin with? A fantasy fantasy map?

Anyway, the net result of a busy Saturday afternoon...

Click to enlargenize:
Old June 29th, 2013, 09:02 AM   #1192
thesmartboy

Wow,I just saw HARTride2012's Norfolk Metro map and his update,he kinda followed my advice to extend the lines further.Wow

For your wonderful maps...i love it!(anyway,is anybody here from Sweden?Icona Pop came from there)

And,of course,you know what I'm doing right now.

dj4life, HARTride 2012 liked this post
Old June 29th, 2013, 09:13 AM   #1193
dj4life

Likes (Received): 48600

Hej hej.
dj4life no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 29th, 2013, 09:40 AM   #1194
thesmartboy

dj4life:Hahaha I see that.

everyone:If you know what city I am working on(because I keep on changing plans),Johannesburg on the line.

If you don't care about what I'm saying and you love it,expect to be Icona Pop's third member.
Old June 29th, 2013, 02:25 PM   #1195
CNGL
Leudimin

Likes (Received): 1937

I was looking again to these restyled Mexico city metro maps that were posted last year.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abbendymion View Post
Mexico City Subway "PolyStyle" maps.
Design experiment from some time ago.

This is not a fantasy network, but rather a fantasy design, since it's based on other cities' maps. All lines and services are real; non-subway services may or not appear in the map depending on the style.

The station name translation method is completely discretional....
Back then I said the last style, which resembles that of Madrid, was wrong. But now is right again, since they have (fortunately) reverted to previous style.
Neque porro quisquam est qui dolorem ipsum, quia dolor sit amet, consectetur, adipisci velit, sed quia non nunquam eius modi tempora incidunt ut labore et dolore magnam aliquam quaerat voluptatem - Cicero, De finibus bonorum et malorum, from which placeholder text is derived.

Abbendymion liked this post
CNGL está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old June 29th, 2013, 04:21 PM   #1196
HARTride 2012

Likes (Received): 1976

Quote:
Originally Posted by thesmartboy View Post
Wow,I just saw HARTride2012's Norfolk Metro map and his update,he kinda followed my advice to extend the lines further.Wow
I will be making a new map soon. For the meantime, I'm working on shaping individual lines and stops. Below are the ones that I've finished shaping.
HARTride 2012 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 30th, 2013, 06:46 AM   #1197
thesmartboy

CNGL:I'm posting from an iPad,then I can't see the "your mother" or "Leudimin" statuses...But it's good that Madrid has reverted to its previous style.

HARTride2012:Nice single line updates!And,put it imto the full map!
Old June 30th, 2013, 07:18 AM   #1198
HARTride 2012

Likes (Received): 1976

Thank you!
HARTride 2012 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 30th, 2013, 02:43 PM   #1199
CNGL
Leudimin

Likes (Received): 1937

Quote:
Originally Posted by thesmartboy View Post
CNGL:I'm posting from an iPad,then I can't see the "your mother" or "Leudimin" statuses...But it's good that Madrid has reverted to its previous style.
Yeah... that coordinate style was confusing, since it showed for example lines 4, 8 and 9 as they were parallel and running directly North-South when actually lines 4 and 8 run Southwest to Northeast before line 4 turns North, intersects line 8 and then turns West, while line 9 runs South to North before turning West to intersect lines 1 and 10.

I have to get around and update my Zaragoza tram proposal, as I have changed line 4 to run from the Southwest into city center and then taking over one of line 5 branchs; and then make the bus network of my version of One Island from Pokemon LeafGreen and FireRed. Meanwhile I put a sneak peek: It has a tram line too, with 9 stops. They are, West to East:
Playa de Aldera (Aldera Beach, for all Star Wars fans out there )
Hierro (Iron, at a street named after that element)
Terminal Marítima (i.e. the ferry terminal, with ferries departing for the other islands)
Trigemino (Mainly named after the catalan word for triplet)
José Carlos (The main square of the city. This is actually the 2nd stop I named "José Carlos" ever, after the one in Zaragoza that later I renamed in the Google Maps version but remains in my paper plans)
Archisiete (Archi7 is the Spanish name of Sevii islands...)
Navesar (Just a random name)
Cosencia (Named after the Italian city of Cosenza)
Miralcanal (A random name for a neighborhood which is located at the side of a strait)

And here is the rolling stock :

Urbos 3 by CAF. Actual location, Avenida de la Academia stop, the Northern terminus of the tram line in Zaragoza. Photo by adpg.
Neque porro quisquam est qui dolorem ipsum, quia dolor sit amet, consectetur, adipisci velit, sed quia non nunquam eius modi tempora incidunt ut labore et dolore magnam aliquam quaerat voluptatem - Cicero, De finibus bonorum et malorum, from which placeholder text is derived.
CNGL está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old July 1st, 2013, 01:38 PM   #1200
thesmartboy

CNGL,can you stop with that "your mother" controversy?!By the way,congratulations to Zaragoza for the finished line 1.

And,watch out for Johannesburg(and Pretoria) on my map.