daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Subways and Urban Transport

Subways and Urban Transport Metros, subways, light rail, trams, buses and other local transport systems

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old July 4th, 2013, 04:06 PM   #1201
thesmartboy

Likes (Received): 73

880th post...I wouldn't post 880 miles of Johannesburg Metro trains...not yet.

Alargule told me to make updates of my "work in progress",then,here it is.

The first edition of the Jo-Pre Metro: https://www.google.com/maps/ms?msid=...67926,1.766052
thesmartboy no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old July 6th, 2013, 12:46 PM   #1202
Murakamisenior
Spain and Japan Forever!!

Likes (Received): 2

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

This is my fantasy metro map for Tallinn, Estonia. It's a VAL system with two lines, and the grey lines are the Elektriraudtee (Suburban Railway)
Red Line: Baalti Jam (Central Train Station)-Maajama
Blue Line: Baalti Jam (Central Train Station)-Tallinn Intl' Airport
Old July 8th, 2013, 10:51 AM   #1203
NordikNerd
Rail & Road traveller

Likes (Received): 1408

I think your red line passes through a sparsely populated area along the shoreline . You should definately draw a metro line southbound to Öismäe instead, which is a dense residential area with many soviet-style block of flats.

I was in Tallinn in the summer of 1998 and travelled around with commutertrain and car.
NordikNerd no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 8th, 2013, 12:44 PM   #1204
chornedsnorkack

Likes (Received): 388

Quote:
Originally Posted by NordikNerd View Post
. You should definately draw a metro line southbound to Öismäe instead, which is a dense residential area with many soviet-style block of flats.
Õismäe is west, not south of the central city.

What do you mean by "VAL"?
chornedsnorkack no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 9th, 2013, 11:13 PM   #1205
thesmartboy

VAL is Véhicule Automatique Léger or Automatic Light Vehicle

Hey NordikNerd,is that true?

Still map-making,anyways...
Old July 10th, 2013, 01:01 PM   #1206
Otazabi
BANNED

Likes (Received): 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by thesmartboy View Post
VAL is Véhicule Automatique Léger or Automatic Light Vehicle

Hey NordikNerd,is that true?

Still map-making,anyways...
Pero qué pesado eres, cállate
Otazabi no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 10th, 2013, 01:30 PM   #1207
chornedsnorkack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Otazabi View Post
My fantasy light rail network for Tallinn :
Why do you want to terminate the red line at Liiva?
Old July 10th, 2013, 01:40 PM   #1208
thesmartboy

Quote:

Pero qué pesado eres, cállate
Too heavy?And you want me to shut up?!Oh,how I am forming another rivalry...
(from Bing Translator, "Pero qué pesado eres, cállate" translates to "But how heavy you are, shut up")

On Friday,Philippine Standard Time,expect me to continue my map.

And what are the map updates,anyways?
Old July 10th, 2013, 01:58 PM   #1209
Otazabi
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by chornedsnorkack View Post
Why do you want to terminate the red line at Liiva?
Because Liiva rocks
Old July 10th, 2013, 01:58 PM   #1210
Otazabi
BANNED

Quote:
Too heavy?And you want me to shut up?!Oh,how I am forming another rivalry...
(from Bing Translator, "Pero qué pesado eres, cállate" translates to "But how heavy you are, shut up")

On Friday,Philippine Standard Time,expect me to continue my map.

And what are the map updates,anyways?
Era broma, no te rayes xdxd
Old July 10th, 2013, 02:10 PM   #1211
thesmartboy

Thank you for pulling my leg.You are so honored to do such act of disrespect.
Old July 10th, 2013, 02:16 PM   #1212
Otazabi
BANNED

Quote:
Thank you for pulling my leg.You are so honored to do such act of disrespect.
Old July 11th, 2013, 06:20 PM   #1213
kontaveit2012

Likes (Received): 16

All Tallinn planners
I think my one covers all areas in which Tallinn may expand

Line 1 (Yellow):Port to Rohuneeme via Balti Jaam Underground, Old Town, University/Rottermann Quarter, Kadriorg, 2 Lasnemae Stops (maybe Tondiraba), Pirita, Pirita Beach and then outer boroughs like Viimsi through to Rohuneeme where there would be conversion to heavy rail for Tallinn to Helsinki Tunnel

Line 2 (Blue): Kopli to Maardu with loop in Paljasaare and Kopli (sewerage plant moved to Port of Muuga with appartments built here should be done IMO) through existing rail line to Balti Jaam Underground, Old Town, Maakri, Airport, Ulemiste through to Maardu.

Line 3 (Red): Port to Saku via Balti Jaam, Old Town, Lillekula, Kriistine, Mustamae, Nomme (linki Rapla and Keila lines) and through to Saku.

Line 4 (Green): Haabersti (Vaike-Oismae or Harku/Tabasalu) to Maakri/Blue Line via Western Mustamae and Kriistine along with Old Town and of course, Balti Jaam

These Lines would really establish Balti Jaam as a hub and encourage people to live in certain locations. It allows for easy and affordable extensions and takes massive pressures of roads especially with Kopli to Maardu line which virtually serves everyone in those Sub-Districts if Stations are chosen well Also easy linkages with Trams, Buses and Elektriraudtee trains and even possible International commutes with Tallinn-Helsinki possible in around 20 Mins from Rohuneeme

Murakamisenior liked this post
kontaveit2012 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 14th, 2013, 05:54 PM   #1214
Murakamisenior

Quote:
Originally Posted by kontaveit2012 View Post
All Tallinn planners

Line 1 (Yellow):Port to Rohuneeme via Balti Jaam Underground, Old Town, University/Rottermann Quarter, Kadriorg, 2 Lasnemae Stops (maybe Tondiraba), Pirita, Pirita Beach and then outer boroughs like Viimsi through to Rohuneeme where there would be conversion to heavy rail for Tallinn to Helsinki Tunnel

Line 2 (Blue): Kopli to Maardu with loop in Paljasaare and Kopli (sewerage plant moved to Port of Muuga with appartments built here should be done IMO) through existing rail line to Balti Jaam Underground, Old Town, Maakri, Airport, Ulemiste through to Maardu.

Line 3 (Red): Port to Saku via Balti Jaam, Old Town, Lillekula, Kriistine, Mustamae, Nomme (linki Rapla and Keila lines) and through to Saku.

Line 4 (Green): Haabersti (Vaike-Oismae or Harku/Tabasalu) to Maakri/Blue Line via Western Mustamae and Kriistine along with Old Town and of course, Balti Jaam

These Lines would really establish Balti Jaam as a hub and encourage people to live in certain locations. It allows for easy and affordable extensions and takes massive pressures of roads especially with Kopli to Maardu line which virtually serves everyone in those Sub-Districts if Stations are chosen well Also easy linkages with Trams, Buses and Elektriraudtee trains and even possible International commutes with Tallinn-Helsinki possible in around 20 Mins from Rohuneeme
OMG, an undersea tunnel from Tallinn to Helsinki would be awesome!!!
Are you from Tallinn? Because it seems you know the city very well
Old July 20th, 2013, 07:01 AM   #1215
thesmartboy

Quote:
All Tallinn planners

I love your grins,and the same way to the way you made the lines.I love them so much that I set aside my Jo-Pre Metro and made a Tallinn Metro project.I will show the map when done.And I really love that HSR from Tallinn to Helsinki!

Updates?

Last edited by thesmartboy; July 20th, 2013 at 07:33 AM.
Old July 20th, 2013, 12:36 PM   #1216
kontaveit2012

Thank you people

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murakamisenior View Post
OMG, an undersea tunnel from Tallinn to Helsinki would be awesome!!!
Are you from Tallinn? Because it seems you know the city very well
It is actually planned/wanted but government of Estonia isn't giving money for feasibility studies. Rohuneeme is the most likely point. It will only happen IMO if Rail Baltica gets built

I am not from Tallinn but am part-Estonian so I am vaguely familiar with the city. The rest I know because I am obsessed with Estonia and its culture (transport is included ) so I learnt the city and used Google Maps a lot

Quote:
I love your grins,and the same way to the way you made the lines.I love them so much that I set aside my Jo-Pre Metro and made a Tallinn Metro project.I will show the map when done.And I really love that HSR from Tallinn to Helsinki!

Updates?
Thank you so much

The rail link is expected once Rail Baltica is built if the tunnel is constructed. Thank you so much for doing the map

I haven't specified whether it would be metro or Pre-metro but like Kryvyi Rih and Volgograd, I think part of it should be built to metro standards and others not. If possible, I think it should be fully separated from Traffic with the Bombardier Flexity Light Rail trains like in Rotterdam which hold many Full upgrade should be easy if necessary

Here is the train I talk of

What update did you want?
Old July 21st, 2013, 12:12 PM   #1217
Otazabi
BANNED

Quote:

Updates?
Hello, do you remember me?
Old July 21st, 2013, 12:20 PM   #1218
chornedsnorkack

Quote:

I am not from Tallinn but am part-Estonian so I am vaguely familiar with the city.
Tere!
Talendid koju!

Yes, there was a plan for a tram climbing Narva maantee to Lasnamäe, and then descending to Kose.

The thing is, that plan was before Pirita tee was built (in 1926). To connect Pirita beach with Kadriorg, to climb Lasnamägi is a big detour and does not really serve much there because most of Lasnamäe is yet further southeast - the cape of the plateau is in fact completely deserted.

So, why not just a tram along Pirita tee and then Merivälja tee?
Old July 21st, 2013, 01:56 PM   #1219
kontaveit2012

Quote:
Hello, do you remember me?
From where
If you mean a thread here then yes
Old July 21st, 2013, 11:54 PM   #1220
Murakamisenior

Quote:
Thank you people

It is actually planned/wanted but government of Estonia isn't giving money for feasibility studies. Rohuneeme is the most likely point. It will only happen IMO if Rail Baltica gets built

I am not from Tallinn but am part-Estonian so I am vaguely familiar with the city. The rest I know because I am obsessed with Estonia and its culture (transport is included ) so I learnt the city and used Google Maps a lot

What's Rail Baltica?