daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Subways and Urban Transport

Subways and Urban Transport Metros, subways, light rail, trams, buses and other local transport systems

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old July 31st, 2013, 06:25 AM   #1241
Abbendymion
Get Ready

Likes (Received): 1074

While we are in commuters...

Diagram Plan for Mexico City and Metropolitan Area (including neigbouring cities) Commuter / Regional Rail. (Complementary to the urban-area map I posted here some months ago).

Practically a finished proposal, I am still working with the geographical-designed map, which is almost finished too.

Full Size:

Clarion
abbendymion.tumblr.com
Current Log: CP1### (Ans 11.2)

HP
abbhyperion.tumblr.com

Proudly, a GrNe production

Arnorian liked this post
Abbendymion está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old August 1st, 2013, 01:06 AM   #1242
ovem
Commieblocks fan

Likes (Received): 885

really cool map!
Old August 1st, 2013, 12:12 PM   #1243
kontaveit2012

Likes (Received): 16

Later this evening I will talk about my headway, for those interested
kontaveit2012 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 1st, 2013, 01:30 PM   #1244
thesmartboy

Likes (Received): 73

Sorry for late reply.

kontaveit2012-Maakri looks interesting...more "hub-ish" than Balti Jaam.
I would not not want to be interested in the discussion.
Here,the map:

Thanks to Kolothos!Suggestions are welcome.And I made that with MSPaint.

Abbendymion-You're really pulling my leg.That's a piece of art!I'm waiting for the geographical based map!

Now onto the Tallinn Metro...

Murakamisenior liked this post
thesmartboy no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 2nd, 2013, 03:52 PM   #1245
kontaveit2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by thesmartboy View Post
Sorry for late reply.

kontaveit2012-Maakri looks interesting...more "hub-ish" than Balti Jaam.
I would not not want to be interested in the discussion.
Here,the map:

Thanks to Kolothos!Suggestions are welcome.And I made that with MSPaint.

Abbendymion-You're really pulling my leg.That's a piece of art!I'm waiting for the geographical based map!

Now onto the Tallinn Metro...
Thanks so much that is great Really nicely made and I like that all of Tallinn is virtually connected to Helsinki

The idea that if a tunnel is ever built you could go between the countries in 30 mins by train is so mind-gobbling to me

I am so excited for your metro
Old August 2nd, 2013, 04:01 PM   #1246
thesmartboy

Talainki is really exciting for kontaveit2012 (and me,too)!

Actually,the metro map is on Google Maps to see the real routes (one is the Tallinn-Rohuneeme Line) especially for route suggestions,adding,deleting,etc.

Start the headway?
Old August 2nd, 2013, 04:18 PM   #1247
HARTride 2012

Likes (Received): 1976

Currently working on Lines 8 and 9 for my Norfolk subway.
HARTride 2012 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 2nd, 2013, 04:25 PM   #1248
thesmartboy

Oh yeah!!!
Old August 2nd, 2013, 04:32 PM   #1249
kontaveit2012

Quote:
Talainki is really exciting for kontaveit2012 (and me,too)!

Actually,the metro map is on Google Maps to see the real routes (one is the Tallinn-Rohuneeme Line) especially for route suggestions,adding,deleting,etc.

Start the headway?
Basically it works on a few philosophies...
First, there is to be spacing on either side of Balti Jaam to allow trains (highly unlikely) if necessary, to come to a halt and let passengers off at a sort of makeshift platform connected to the platform. This adds to the premetro construction style.
Secondly, the trains will run on time, and when I say on time, I mean on time. There would be no need to wait in the stations for more than around 20 Seconds and this would be exact (doors would shut and trains would leave even if people had not gotten on yet ) There would also be more doors (which add standing capacity, ergo more overall capacity), more education would be done to encourage quicker departure (E.G. informing passengers while on the train to make their way to the doors) and even designated departure and arrival doors could be created meaning you wouldn't have people constantly pushing against eachother. Finally, if it really got to a stage where the Tallinn Metro was running at maximum capacity, they could have separate boarding and departure platforms which would make the process impeccably quick The only reason why this can work in my opinion is because this metro in my eyes can function very much like a tram. Even though the trains I have considered appropriate are the most train-like Flexity Swifts, they are still Light Rail vehicles which are only carriages long with a capacity of 270 (more with standing capacity and presumably couple trains together). Also, as it is only for one stop, the 2 lines which converge on the platform would separate afterwards with Port to Rohuneeme and Saku leaving platforms 1 and 2 and Kopli and Haabersti into city going on Platforms 3 and 4 There are still a few things to be thought out though My bigger issue is that, especially because Kopli---> Maardu line would bare the vast majority of transport, that as overtime Tallinn grew, the vehicle capacity wouldn't be high enough for even numbers of 500,000 a day (of course Peak Hour assumptions were used)

So what have you come up with
Old August 2nd, 2013, 05:01 PM   #1250
thesmartboy

That's what I call "Tallinnese comprehensiveness".

I'm posting on an iPad,thus I have to use my memory to tell the lines because it's on my laptop and it was long since the last time I saw the map because the HSR sample was the big fill-in project then.
Central Loop-Around Old Town and maybe CBD
Outer Central Loop-Loops part of the Central Loop,under Liivalaia and Endia,back.
Peetri-Õismae Line-Peetri,to the airport,to Balti Jaam,part of the Outer Central Loop,to Mustjōe,and to Ōismae,actually,a sub-district called Vaike-Ōismae.Am planning to make a loop with it south of Lake Ülemiste.
Tallinn-Saku Line-Balti Jaam,somewhere near Kristiine,near Liiva but turns to the main districts of Nōmme,Tänassilma,Saue and ends in Saku.
Pōhja-Tallinn Line-Starts in Kopli,to Sōle,Pelgulinn,Balti Jaam of course,Linnahall and u-turns to under Tööstuse,Sitsi and back to Sōle.
Tallinn-Rohuneeme Line-Balti Jaam,to Tallinn University,Pirita,Viimsi,straight to Rohuneeme with a number of stops.

To-dos:
Port Line-Paljassare,Balti Jaam,Lasnamäe,Loo,Maardu,Port of Muuga,to Viimsi.
Mustamäe-Kristiine Line-Starts in Balti Jaam,somewhat near Pelgulinn and makes a loop in Mustamäe and Kristiine,with a branch to Nōmme.
Lasnamäe Line-Balti Jaam,under Gonsiori,near the Tallinn-Rohuneeme Line until Pirita,Lasnamäe,down to Loo,and ends in Maardu.

I don't know if I need more. :P
Old August 2nd, 2013, 09:26 PM   #1251
HARTride 2012

Quote:
Oh yeah!!!
I'm changing the routing though. Line 8 will no longer terminate in Virginia Beach. It will instead terminate somewhere in Hampton or Newport News.
Old August 2nd, 2013, 10:35 PM   #1252
Alargule
Res Uder et Siger

Likes (Received): 2093

Less talking more fantasy mapping.

This map is quite amazing. It's not mine and it hasn't even been made recently, but it's an (alleged) 'official' map by the MTA to show their ambitious expansion plans for the subway system in the late '60s - early '70s. More info can be found here.

Note the disappearance of route numbers altogether and the single letter markers - a practice that would only be applied to the current routes in the early '80s. Another intriguing fact is the way routes have been rerouted in such a way that each route runs on its own dedicated tracks wherever possible. Multiple routes using the same set of tracks as we still see today would have been all but a thing of the past, if this plan had really been carried out.

It's too bad almost nothing of this fantasy of yesterday's future ever came to fruition.

Last edited by Alargule; August 2nd, 2013 at 10:43 PM.
Alargule no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 3rd, 2013, 01:56 AM   #1253
thesmartboy

HARTride2012-Route changing?I hope there's still a line in Virginia Beach.

Alargule-Thanks for the map.It's a leg puller!I actually made a new meaning for pulling my leg,wherein the puller is the attraction and the leg refers to you.

Will make the map later...
Old August 3rd, 2013, 02:39 AM   #1254
HARTride 2012

Lines 1, 7, and 9 will still have eastern termini in the Virginia Beach area. The fourth route is Line 3, which is finished.
Old August 3rd, 2013, 07:28 AM   #1255
thesmartboy

1,7,9?Wow,it's turning into the Hampton Railways...hahaha
I'm also waiting for the full map

Continue my map
Old August 3rd, 2013, 02:08 PM   #1256
kontaveit2012

Quote:
That's what I call "Tallinnese comprehensiveness".

I'm posting on an iPad,thus I have to use my memory to tell the lines because it's on my laptop and it was long since the last time I saw the map because the HSR sample was the big fill-in project then.
Central Loop-Around Old Town and maybe CBD
Outer Central Loop-Loops part of the Central Loop,under Liivalaia and Endia,back.
Peetri-Õismae Line-Peetri,to the airport,to Balti Jaam,part of the Outer Central Loop,to Mustjōe,and to Ōismae,actually,a sub-district called Vaike-Ōismae.Am planning to make a loop with it south of Lake Ülemiste.
Tallinn-Saku Line-Balti Jaam,somewhere near Kristiine,near Liiva but turns to the main districts of Nōmme,Tänassilma,Saue and ends in Saku.
Pōhja-Tallinn Line-Starts in Kopli,to Sōle,Pelgulinn,Balti Jaam of course,Linnahall and u-turns to under Tööstuse,Sitsi and back to Sōle.
Tallinn-Rohuneeme Line-Balti Jaam,to Tallinn University,Pirita,Viimsi,straight to Rohuneeme with a number of stops.

To-dos:
Port Line-Paljassare,Balti Jaam,Lasnamäe,Loo,Maardu,Port of Muuga,to Viimsi.
Mustamäe-Kristiine Line-Starts in Balti Jaam,somewhat near Pelgulinn and makes a loop in Mustamäe and Kristiine,with a branch to Nōmme.
Lasnamäe Line-Balti Jaam,under Gonsiori,near the Tallinn-Rohuneeme Line until Pirita,Lasnamäe,down to Loo,and ends in Maardu.

I don't know if I need more. :P
Wow now that is extensive They don't exactly serve currently populous regions but if they built them as well, I would not complain
Old August 3rd, 2013, 04:32 PM   #1257
HARTride 2012

Quote:
1,7,9?Wow,it's turning into the Hampton Railways...hahaha
I'm also waiting for the full map

Continue my map
The full map will be the final project. I'm still mapping out lines and stations.

Here's Line 8. Line 8 is unique that it has a lot of at-grade and elevated sections. The other lines that have either at-grade or elevated sections are Lines 2, 5, 6, 7, 7A, 9, and 10.

Last edited by HARTride 2012; August 3rd, 2013 at 05:10 PM.
Old August 5th, 2013, 04:11 AM   #1258
thesmartboy

When can we have a 6-star hotel?Or a 6-star airline?When we have 6-star maps?
I like that,HARTride2012.I saw the full map and you omitted some lines,route changes,etc.

I have lines on my metro map,I just realize they're too long.
Old August 5th, 2013, 04:40 AM   #1259
HARTride 2012

I remove the lines on the larger map as I work on each individual line. I will begin the final map on MS paint when the individual lines are finished.
Old August 5th, 2013, 04:41 AM   #1260
ovem
Commieblocks fan

Likes (Received): 885

Quote:
Originally Posted by HARTride 2012 View Post
The full map will be the final project. I'm still mapping out lines and stations.

Here's Line 8. Line 8 is unique that it has a lot of at-grade and elevated sections. The other lines that have either at-grade or elevated sections are Lines 2, 5, 6, 7, 7A, 9, and 10.
Any chance to let us see that map anytime soon?

Athens: