daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Subways and Urban Transport

Subways and Urban Transport Metros, subways, light rail, trams, buses and other local transport systems

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old June 12th, 2014, 02:22 PM   #1641
Swede
forumer #29

Likes (Received): 1663

Quote:
Originally Posted by C.A.F. View Post
This plan is based on the current situation in Hamburg and its surroundings - you are right that the black line could be extended to the purple line, but at the moment there are no major residential areas in this area therefore it is not really necessary - the black line ends in front of the airbus industry area in Finkenwerder.

I made a short overview on google maps to explain it better - I marked the purple line and I did the black line in red (therefore it is easy to recognise) - like you can see in between the two lines is nearly nothing except apple/cherry farms...

ah, ok. that makes sense.
Huopa, Nightsky, Jo, wolkenkrabber, ThisSideofSteinway, jacksom, New Jack City, LeCom, Ellatur, Jan, Dennis, Ace, Bardamu, AtlanticaC5, Ringil, Dysfunctional, stacey, karakhal, ch1le, Hviid, staff, kjetilab, Þróndeimr, queetz, FREKI, sander, Blue Viking, nomels, Mantas, ristov, Rafal_T, khaan, Chilenofuturista, Jonte Myra, safta20, AW, Pas, Jarmo K, IceCheese, Sideshow_Bob, sk, Ingenioren, Ayreonaut, Silver Creations, Hasse78, Svartmetall
Swede no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old June 14th, 2014, 12:22 AM   #1642
CNGL
Leudimin

Likes (Received): 1937

I've finished my remake of Shanghai metro, so here is it! I'll release another version with the real names in Pinyin only soon...

PS: The Maglev also exists in this parallel world, and runs between, you guessed it, Rosales Pearson and the Tolosana airport.
Neque porro quisquam est qui dolorem ipsum, quia dolor sit amet, consectetur, adipisci velit, sed quia non nunquam eius modi tempora incidunt ut labore et dolore magnam aliquam quaerat voluptatem - Cicero, De finibus bonorum et malorum, from which placeholder text is derived.
CNGL no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 14th, 2014, 01:17 AM   #1643
Skalka

Likes (Received): 28

Prague Underground & Crossrail I+II if Czechia had stayed part of Western Europe.

1+1=3 liked this post
Skalka no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 15th, 2014, 07:52 PM   #1644
letiisunai

Likes (Received): 0

Well, This is my first time posting here, so... this is my Fantasy Subway Maps
I don't know why i even made this but since i've made it this far.....
[IMG]http://i61.************/2060ilz.png[/IMG]
It's a little bit messy and spacing between stations are messy.
I don't know for what city is that but many of the station name i took it from Singapore MRT, and Chinese name. Maybe a subway in Taiwan ? (lol) because I use Wade-Giles romanisation and Hokkien instead of pinyin.
There are many express line but it's often mixed with local one
letiisunai no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 2nd, 2014, 10:13 PM   #1645
IanCleverly
A New Kind of Medicine

Likes (Received): 230

Quote:
Originally Posted by Human Transit
Transitmix: a new tool for armchair transit planners (and pros too?)

Another interesting web transit app, this time from a group of Code for America developers:

Transitmix is a sketching tool for transit planners (both professional and armchair) to quickly design routes and share with the public.

Transitmix is simple way to think about transit in terms of bus requirements and real costs. Basically, the user draws a route on a map and plugs in span and frequency. The app then calculates a vehicle requirement and cost in both hours and dollars, factoring in an adjustable layover ratio, average speed and dollar cost per service hour.

<snip>

Transitmix is very similar to (though much simpler and prettier) the sort of cost estimation methods used in transit design processes , and as it stands is a fun sandbox to think about transit in your city. It's still very much a beta, but the prospects are intriguing.

Its clear that the developers of Transitmix see it as much more than a curiosity. They've actively sought feedback from people in the industry, and are working hard to build an app that could one day replace some of the tedious documentation work of network design with an interactive, visually attractive interface. Apparently functions like summary tables, GIS file exports, and the ability to save multiple iterations of one design are all in the works.
Taken from the Human Transit Blog with the transitmix website at transitmix.net
IanCleverly no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 3rd, 2014, 03:56 AM   #1646
CNB30
centralnatbankbuildingrva

Likes (Received): 805

can you do light rail?

A developed country is not a place where the poor have cars. It’s where the rich use public transportation

Feel The Bern #2016

Hotham72 liked this post
CNB30 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 3rd, 2014, 04:05 AM   #1647
fieldsofdreams
PH + SF Super Moderator

Likes (Received): 11257

Quote:
Originally Posted by IanCleverly View Post
Taken from the Human Transit Blog with the transitmix website at transitmix.net
Looks like something i want to play with for some time... are major cities covered, including SF? And can it do routes using a variety of vehicles as well aside from pure buses?

Rohnert Park • Rio Vista • Richmond • Redwood City • Portola Valley • Pleasanton • Pleasant Hill
fieldsofdreams está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old July 3rd, 2014, 07:49 AM   #1648
SounderBruce
Transit Photographer

Likes (Received): 3627

Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldsofdreams View Post
Looks like something i want to play with for some time... are major cities covered, including SF? And can it do routes using a variety of vehicles as well aside from pure buses?
You can enter in any city, but the routes can go anywhere as long as its connected by road. (You can make the popular Anchorage-Vancouver-Seattle-San Francisco-Los Angeles-Tijuana BRT service a reality!) Only buses, though.
SounderBruce está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old July 3rd, 2014, 08:12 PM   #1649
nedolessej197
hello

Sacramento:

https://mapsengine.google.com/map/ed...4.kH6FrHDMZZ0U

Last edited by nedolessej197; July 4th, 2014 at 05:20 AM.
nedolessej197 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 4th, 2014, 04:23 AM   #1650
SounderBruce
Transit Photographer

Seattle: Sound Transit Link Light Rail on Google Maps Engine

The map has all of the funded and under-construction lines on it, as well as possible stations for other lines. Some station names have been changed, mostly to what I would prefer, and the routing may not be very accurate in some places.

Picture below for those on mobile devices (which don't handle Google Maps Engine well):

Old July 4th, 2014, 06:43 AM   #1651
CNB30

Possible Extensions For the Pittsburgh T Pre-metro Light Rail

https://mapsengine.google.com/map/ed...I.kDhdVTy9XH8k

A developed country is not a place where the poor have cars. It’s where the rich use public transportation

Feel The Bern #2016
Old July 4th, 2014, 06:56 AM   #1652
SounderBruce
Transit Photographer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CNB30 View Post
Possible Extensions For the Pittsburgh T Pre-metro Light Rail

https://mapsengine.google.com/map/ed...I.kDhdVTy9XH8k
You need to click on the Share button and change the viewing permissions.
Old July 4th, 2014, 10:57 AM   #1653
metro-world

Likes (Received): 32

Praha Metpo projects

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skalka View Post
Prague Underground & Crossrail I+II if Czechia had stayed part of Western Europe.

this is not realy a phantasy map. it combines many plans drawn up since the 1980th time. But line 4 must correctly described (blue line) because it is official!

a circle line as well as eastern line and one on the west river bank were all planned earlier.
metro-world no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 4th, 2014, 12:21 PM   #1654
Skalka

The "fantasy" aspect has a name called alternate history. I made that map as an entry for a 14-day contest round at an alternate history forum. That was for round 100 labeled "the centenary" and I just took the easiest way and drew that subway/crossrail map and said that the centenary was about the first electric streetcar line. Of course, I've heavily borrowed from metroweb.cz and I tried to create a network that would realistically have been built.

The premise was no Hitler and no Stalin and Czechoslovakia staying the rich country it was in the interbellum, having the money to join the anti-tram frenzy of the Western World it would have belonged to as a matter of course. Making Prague take the route that Munich took, daydreaming about axing the tramway but not making it to the end. I was at first thinking about scrapping the yellow line that became line B in real life as the Smichov-Karlin link would have taken much of its role, but I wanted to kill the entire tramway system in Prague's southwest at the least. And Prague's historic city just fits for a triangle even without the Soviets.

Swede liked this post
Skalka no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 4th, 2014, 06:41 PM   #1655
CNB30

Quote:
Originally Posted by SounderBruce View Post
You need to click on the Share button and change the viewing permissions.
OOPS I completely forgot

Feel The Bern #2016
Old July 13th, 2014, 05:25 PM   #1656
HARTride 2012

Likes (Received): 1976

Something I made on short notice last night.

I used to call this city Yoshi City, but have since changed it to Cantaloupe City. This map displays all of the monorail and subway lines that run through the islands. The thicker lines indicate subway lines and the thinner ones are monorail lines. You can also see some of the key transfer points. Being this is the Beno map, not everything is looking all that great. The left side of the map is basically cut off, so I'll have to go into MS Paint and edit the map more.
HARTride 2012 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 13th, 2014, 05:35 PM   #1657
HARTride 2012

Since the original conception of this system, the following has happened.

*Nearly all rolling stock for the monorail system has been updated. The oldest stock is the C-76, which runs on the Severnaya Loop (Magenta Line). The second oldest stock, the C-86, was retired early due to mechanical problems. The Brown and Purple Lines use the SA-88 (which is equivalent to the MVI at Walt Disney World), and the remainder of the system uses either the M-02 (equivalent to the MVI in Las Vegas, but cars are interconnected like the Sao Paulo monorail) or the M-10 (equivalent to the Sao Paulo monorail trains).

*Subway rolling stock has been updated as well; with the A-Line (Red line) utilizing MS-04 stock (equivalent to the MF 01 in Paris, but have elements of the NYC R-160A), and the B-Line using the MP 95 (MP 89 Paris) stock originally from the E-Line. The E-Line has been fully automated, and is using the MP 05 (MP 05 Paris) stock, alongside the new G-Line. The C and D-Lines use the older MP 76 (NS 74 Santiago) stock, but they will be replaced in the coming years with the new MP 10.

More to come soon.
Old July 20th, 2014, 07:24 PM   #1658
CNGL
Leudimin

It happens I have to update now my latest metro map, as they are going to open a new stop. As I said, is basically my own version of Shanghai metro, the city had a tentative name in a early stage but as of now it is simply called Shanqhae (using Gwoyeu Romatzyh instead of Hanyu Pinyin). However, the new station (Qihualu in real life) in my version will open on Monday instead of Tuesday. Other openings in the past had also differred in dates from the real life: All stations that were open on the last days of December in real life, in my version they entered operation on 1 January at midnight.

The rolling stock has also changed. Here is the breakup of lines and the rolling stock they use (I correct myself, it's line 16, not line 6, which uses B car type trains):
10A cars: Lines 1 and 2 (Western half). The lenght of these is 230 meters!
8A: Lines 3, 4, 7, 8, 9, 10 and 11.
6A: Lines 2 (Eastern half), 6, 12 and 13. The latter two will use 8A car trains when completed.
6B: Lines 5 and 16.
Neque porro quisquam est qui dolorem ipsum, quia dolor sit amet, consectetur, adipisci velit, sed quia non nunquam eius modi tempora incidunt ut labore et dolore magnam aliquam quaerat voluptatem - Cicero, De finibus bonorum et malorum, from which placeholder text is derived.

HARTride 2012 liked this post
Old July 20th, 2014, 09:32 PM   #1659
HARTride 2012

Are they all steel-wheel stock? Any automated trains?

All of my fictional subway/"L" systems have at least one or two fully automated lines.

Cantaloupe City
*MP 76 - C and D Lines
*MP 95 - B Line
*MS 04 - A Line
*MP 05 - E and G Lines

The MP 10 (modeled after the MS 04) will be deployed to the C Line at the end of 2014, continuing onto the D Line in 2015/2016. The future F Line will also have the MP 10. Except for the fully automated MP 05, all other railcars are manually driven.

MS = Steel-wheeled train, MP = Rubber-tyred train.

Mushroom Kingdom
*MS 71 - Belleville Connector (Will become the 19 Line in November, 2014)
*MP 76 - 1 Line (Trains in the worst condition are being retired. Trains in better condition are being transferred to the Joint Base Shuttle Line (which will become the 18 Line in November, 2014. Some trains will also be distributed to the future 17 Line, which is currently part of the 1 Line)
*MS 87 - 8 and 9 Lines
*MP 95 - 3, 10, and 12 Lines
*MS 04 - 2, 4, 5, 6, 7, 13, and 16 Lines (will also replace the MS 71 on the future 19 Line in November, 2014)
*MP 05 - 11, 14, and 15 Lines
*MP 10 - 1 Line (replacing the MS 76 railcars)

The 11, 14, and 15 Lines are fully automated.

MS = Steel-wheeled train, MP = Rubber-tyred train.

Cindyville "L"
*CVX-1996 - Red Line
*CVX-2006 - Blue Line

Both lines are fully automated and utilize rubber-tyred trains similar to that of the MP 89CA and MP 05 of Paris.

Shaunville
*SVS-1972 - 1, 2, and 3 Lines
*SVS-1987 - 3, 4, and 5 Lines
*SVS-1997 - 6 Line
*SVP-2002 - 7 Line

The 7 Line is fully automated and uses trains similar to that of the MP 89CA of Paris. All other stock are steel-wheeled and are based off NYC railcars (I'm not sure as to what types yet). All lines are manually driven.

Norfolk, VA Fictional Subway
*HR-PN-1992 - 7 and 7A Lines (First rubber-tyred trains on the system, originally ran on the 1 and 4 Lines, based on the Paris MP 73)
*HR-PN-1994 - 10 Line (Prototype rubber-tyred railcars with articulation, based off the Paris MF 88)
*HR-PN-1997 - 1, 4, 6, 7, and 7A Lines (Based on the Paris MP 89CC)
*HR-ST-1999 - 2 and 5 Lines (Based on the NYC R-142A)
*HR-ST-2009 - 8 and 9 Lines (Based on the NYC R-160A)

HR = Hampton Roads, ST = Steel-wheeled train, PM = Rubber-tyred train.

Last edited by HARTride 2012; July 20th, 2014 at 10:04 PM.
Old July 21st, 2014, 01:42 PM   #1660
CNGL
Leudimin

All trains on my metro system are steel-wheeled and manually driven. By the way, both my fantasy Zaragoza tram system (which includes a not-so fantastic line) and my One Island tram line all use Urbos 3 trams (Locally made in the case of Zaragoza), pictured in post 878 of this thread along the only real line. However I might threw some Alstom Citadis and/or the fantastic (for now) Urbos 4 in Zaragoza.

Anyway, now for the updated map. Apart from adding that new station, I've made some tweaks here and there, like removing that blue dot I discovered after I had posted the first version. Feel free to ask me after what I've named the stations.

HARTride 2012 liked this post