daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Subways and Urban Transport

Subways and Urban Transport Metros, subways, light rail, trams, buses and other local transport systems

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old December 20th, 2014, 06:05 AM   #1681
CNB30
centralnatbankbuildingrva

Likes (Received): 805

Columbus Capital Rail

A developed country is not a place where the poor have cars. It’s where the rich use public transportation

Feel The Bern #2016

Arnorian liked this post
CNB30 no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old December 21st, 2014, 10:33 PM   #1682
CNGL
Leudimin

Likes (Received): 1937

Today Winter Solstice festival (The Middle Kingdom's Christmas) has been held, and to celebrate that I release the new Dairon metro map as it will be from 1st January at midnight. It includes all the tweaks I've did over time (Including swapping San Bartolo and Saladino, as well as El Álamo and Parque de las Tulipas to put the later in its correct place), as well as extensions to lines 13 and 16 like in real life Shanghai . And Dairon is renaming Duquesa de Alba to Duque de Alba since the duchess passed away last month and now there is a duke. Oh, and don't ask me what named the Rosales Pearson station...
Neque porro quisquam est qui dolorem ipsum, quia dolor sit amet, consectetur, adipisci velit, sed quia non nunquam eius modi tempora incidunt ut labore et dolore magnam aliquam quaerat voluptatem - Cicero, De finibus bonorum et malorum, from which placeholder text is derived.

CNB30, BriedisUnIzlietne, Zaz965 liked this post

Last edited by CNGL; February 12th, 2015 at 11:19 PM.
CNGL no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 25th, 2015, 02:33 PM   #1683
Arnorian

Likes (Received): 14652

Old January 27th, 2015, 10:40 PM   #1684
Manitopiaaa
Illuminati Leader

Location: Alexandria, Nova, The Crown Commonwealth of Virginia (see sig)
Likes (Received): 10386

Here's a fake fantasy map I made of a comprehensive transport network for Virginia. I'm guessing it would mostly be trains though parts of the Purple Line could conceivably be subway for part of the journey.

Red Line: Southern Virginia
Western Terminus: South Boston
Eastern Terminus: Ettrick via Charles City OR Ettrick via Hampton Roads

Orange Line: East-West Corridor through Central Virginia
Western Terminus: Monterey (1x per day) or Covington
Eastern Terminus: Providence Forge

Yellow Line: Western Virginia
Northern Terminus: Charlottesville
Southern Terminus: Star City-Roanoke

Green Line: North-South Corridor Through West-Central Virginia
Northern Terminus: Winchester
Southern Terminus: South Boston

Blue Line: East-West Corridor Through Northern Virginia
Western Terminus: Cross Junction
Eastern Terminus: Tysons Corner

Purple Line: North-South Line Through Eastern Virginia, via NoVA Loop
Northern Terminus: Lovettsville
Southern Terminus: Gloucester

Pink Line: East-West Corridor Through North-Central Virginia
Western Terminus: Charlottesville
Southern Terminus: Richmond

Colonial Way (Brown): Slow Tourist Train Service Through Colonial Virginia
Western Terminus: Jamestown
Eastern Terminus: Gloucester

Silver Bullet Express (Silver): Express Train from Alexandria/Washington to Richmond with one stop in Fredericksburg. For those who don't want 30 stops in between and can't stand Amtrak

Southern Empire Line (Grayish Black): Southern Virginia
Western Terminus: South Boston
Eastern Terminus: Suffolk
This line connects the major cities of the Virginia Black Belt.

I'm a Newbie at this sort of thing so any advice on making the map look better would be appreciated. I'll be sure to fix the Petersburg-Colonial Heights text and make Waynesboro an interchange. Also, the Yellow is nowhere close to being geographically accurate due to the space limitations. All you need to do is to pretend to pinch it at Big Stone Gap and pull it far to the left.

Atlanta (6,451,262) - Boston (8,176,376) - Chicago (9,882,634) - Cleveland (3,483,311) - Dallas (7,673,305) - Denver (3,470,235) - Detroit (5,318,653) - Houston (6,972,374)
Los Angeles (18,688,022) - Miami (6,723,472) - Minneapolis (3,894,820) - New York (23,689,255) - Orlando (3,202,927) - Philadelphia (7,179,357) - Phoenix (4,661,537)
Portland (3,160,488) - San Diego (3,317,749) - San Francisco (8,751,807) - Seattle (4,684,516) - Tampa (3,032,171) - Washington (9,665,892)

Nexis, Arnorian, Zaz965 liked this post
Manitopiaaa no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 28th, 2015, 12:43 AM   #1685
CNB30
centralnatbankbuildingrva

Likes (Received): 805

A developed country is not a place where the poor have cars. It’s where the rich use public transportation

Feel The Bern #2016

Manitopiaaa, Zaz965 liked this post
CNB30 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 28th, 2015, 12:50 AM   #1686
Nexis
Dark Wolf

Likes (Received): 17043

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arnorian View Post
Which city is this?
Visit the New Jersey Section

Zaz965 liked this post
Nexis no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 28th, 2015, 01:14 AM   #1687
sotonsi

Belgrade, as can be read before the lines obliterate it.

Loving that animated map, BTW

Arnorian, Zaz965 liked this post
sotonsi no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 28th, 2015, 02:48 AM   #1688
Manitopiaaa
Illuminati Leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by CNB30 View Post
I was inspired by the train system here in Italy which practically DOES stop in every little village between major hubs. If Emilia-Romagna can do it, why not Virginia? Maybe in 50 years *daydreams*

We do have part of the "Red Line" in the form of Richmond to Newport News Amtrak via Williamsburg. That one is just missing the rural stops I added in Providence Forge, Toano and Queens Lake and the urban stops in Hampton, Poquoson. The Amtrak line also goes through Providence Forge, Toano and a Queens Lake station could be built just south of Lightfoot. Hampton and Virginia Beach are doable extensions. Poquoson is unlikely as in my vision, the Red Line clipped east further north than the Amtrak line does. But that was because I wanted to give each 'independent city' their own station. Puquoson is a pretty conservative place and would likely be opposed to having direct access to it from the more urban cores in Hampton and Newport News. The Richmond to Norfolk Amtrak line also mirrors the other half of the Red Line. Half of the Pink Line could be done on the existing Richmond-Fredericksburg tracks and most of the Purple Line is doable too. The other half of the Pink Line closely mirrors Culpeper-Charlottesville Amtrak. So the entirety of the Pink and Red Line are not difficult and the Purple Line definitely has the population critical mass to function (at least the Northern portion before I dip east to take in Cheseapeake Virginia). I don't have Charlottesville to Lynchburg direct like Amtrak, but I did do Charlottesville to Forest, a close suburb of Lynchburg. The Charlottesville-Lynchburg Metro Amtrak line therefore mirrors 1/3 of the Green Line. Plans for an Amtrak Lynchburg to Roanoke Line also could be 1/3 of the Orange Line. It's ridiculous how the little pieces for a good comprehensive system are there, but there is little leadership to piece it all together and make a cohesive functioning transit system like Virginia deserves.

Atlanta (6,451,262) - Boston (8,176,376) - Chicago (9,882,634) - Cleveland (3,483,311) - Dallas (7,673,305) - Denver (3,470,235) - Detroit (5,318,653) - Houston (6,972,374)
Los Angeles (18,688,022) - Miami (6,723,472) - Minneapolis (3,894,820) - New York (23,689,255) - Orlando (3,202,927) - Philadelphia (7,179,357) - Phoenix (4,661,537)
Portland (3,160,488) - San Diego (3,317,749) - San Francisco (8,751,807) - Seattle (4,684,516) - Tampa (3,032,171) - Washington (9,665,892)

Last edited by Manitopiaaa; January 28th, 2015 at 03:10 AM.
Old January 28th, 2015, 11:38 PM   #1689
CNGL
Leudimin

I like that VA train system. It happens I've also completed my most extensive metro system (Yes, metro), which covers every corner of my home region of Aragon. It will be up soon.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nexis View Post
Which city is this?
That city has already appeared a gazillion times here .

Anyway, the last Dairon metro map I posted got outdated... before becoming effective!!! I renamed the station that is in the place of real life Nanjing Xilu (again!), the one between Benji and Kirguistán, the day after Christmas. It's now named Esteban Latre.
Neque porro quisquam est qui dolorem ipsum, quia dolor sit amet, consectetur, adipisci velit, sed quia non nunquam eius modi tempora incidunt ut labore et dolore magnam aliquam quaerat voluptatem - Cicero, De finibus bonorum et malorum, from which placeholder text is derived.
Old January 29th, 2015, 01:53 AM   #1690
Manitopiaaa
Illuminati Leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manitopiaaa View Post
Here's a fake fantasy map I made of a comprehensive transport network for Virginia. I'm guessing it would mostly be trains though parts of the Purple Line could conceivably be subway for part of the journey.

Version 2!

I added a new set of 'Black Lines' which would be either really infrequent and slow trains or some kind of bus system. I did this so that the network could get to every corner of Virginia. As of now, actually, the system runs through every single county and independent city in Virginia. It also has at least one stop in every county or independent city minus Charlotte County, which will assuredly be fixed in Version 3. I also added a new Navy Blue Line that serves as sort on a beltway line around NoVA. Any other ideas will be welcome. And I'll be making more tweaks for Version 3.

HARTride 2012, Zaz965 liked this post
Old February 2nd, 2015, 06:48 AM   #1691
ovem
Commieblocks fan

Likes (Received): 885

Kharkiv Metro

ko7, Arnorian, CNB30, Nexis, BriedisUnIzlietne and 1 others liked this post
ovem no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 12th, 2015, 05:21 PM   #1692
elliot42

Likes (Received): 52

My take on the MTA:

Swede, Zaz965 liked this post
elliot42 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 12th, 2015, 11:21 PM   #1693
CNGL
Leudimin

Quote:
Originally Posted by CNGL View Post
Anyway, the last Dairon metro map I posted got outdated... before becoming effective!!! I renamed the station that is in the place of real life Nanjing Xilu (again!), the one between Benji and Kirguistán, the day after Christmas. It's now named Esteban Latre.
Now up. Next will be the Aragon RER (), and then my take on Guangzhou metro.
Old February 17th, 2015, 11:36 PM   #1694
lsg97

Likes (Received): 91

Hi, drawing fantasy metro maps has been my secret little hobby for years so I was delighted to find this thread and I want to share with you my most recent project: The fully extended Los Santos Metro!

I don't know how many of you are familiar with GTA 5 and the Metro/LRT system in the imaginary city of Los Santos, but I was quite fascinated by it so I decided to expand it because in its current appearance it quite sucks from a realistic economic view. You will see once I show you the pictures.

I did design one map that shows the system on a satellite photo to scale and another one, more schematic like the ones you'd find in stations or inside a car also featuring the names of the stations.

First the sat image

Now the scheme view

And finally some explanation:
-The line that does exist in the game is the RED one (minus the Carson Ave, San Andreas Ave, Pillbox N, Power St, Strawberry W, Little Bighorn Ave and La Puerta stations) and despite covering quite large portions of the city it has one flaw: the ribbon layout without a proper intermodal station, meaning that if you i.e. wanted to go from somewhere around the CBD to the airport you'd need to loop around the whole city, even worse for "Davis".
-This is were the dark blue line comes in handy, basically just adding a connection in the flyover section south of "Pillbox S"

The rest might just explain itself if not just comment here

solchante, Zaz965 liked this post
lsg97 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 24th, 2015, 08:39 PM   #1695
CNGL
Leudimin

Now introducing the Aragon RER. This is the largest rapid transit system I've ever drawn :

Also, I started my take on Guangzhou metro, but I've halted it after naming all stops on the APM line to give priority to the revamp of my One Island city. It may include some new tram lines in addition to the realignment of the one in the previous iteration.

Zaz965 liked this post
Old February 24th, 2015, 09:25 PM   #1696
Dooie_Amsterdammert
Loving #dutch windwheel

Likes (Received): 118

@CNGL: how long is it supposed to be then?

I'm working on an extensive extension of the Amsterdam network, it's not finished yet..
Dooie_Amsterdammert no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 25th, 2015, 07:10 PM   #1697
Skewed

Likes (Received): 1534

LIVERPOOL | Underground

A great piece of work by a forum contributor!

Swede, Arnorian, Zaz965 liked this post
Skewed no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 15th, 2015, 12:20 AM   #1698
Arnorian

Likes (Received): 14652

by Angus Doyle

Nexis, HARTride 2012, norscand, Swede, Thorum and 1 others liked this post
Arnorian no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 20th, 2015, 03:09 PM   #1699
ilisad

Likes (Received): 0

Hi, I'm new here, but I also having fun compiling maps. Did any of you tried to draw maps in Sharemap? I've made several, but I don't know how to put them here.
If you are interested, try to find my maps of ex-Yugoslav cities on this site:

sharemap.org

and search maps in the top right corner: (for example: Zagreb or Belgrade or Ljubljana or Skopje or Sarajevo or Prijedor ...)
Have fun.
ilisad no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 26th, 2015, 04:33 PM   #1700
CNGL
Leudimin

Urbanrail has this fantasy light rail map, supposedly from a city located somewhere in Germany. It's complete with its own page...

See Bielefeld Conspiracy.

Zaz965 liked this post