daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Subways and Urban Transport

Subways and Urban Transport Metros, subways, light rail, trams, buses and other local transport systems

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old March 26th, 2015, 05:08 PM   #1701
Alargule
Res Uder et Siger

Likes (Received): 2093

That's just a map of the existing Bielefeld syst...oh, wait...
Alargule no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old March 26th, 2015, 06:45 PM   #1702
00Zy99

Likes (Received): 1507

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alargule View Post
That's just a map of the existing Bielefeld syst...oh, wait...
Shhh....

That's what they want you to think.
00Zy99 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 1st, 2015, 06:51 AM   #1703
Rojnova

Likes (Received): 0

Alright, time to get this started again...

This is a bus system map for the fictional city of Tawas, in the fictional country of Tanso (www (dot) reddit (dot) com/r/Tanso). I know it looks bad.

Also, I can't post images yet - or links - so you have to go here, sorry

imgur (dot) com/db21Mb8
Rojnova no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 1st, 2015, 11:01 AM   #1704
CNGL
Leudimin

Likes (Received): 1937

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rojnova View Post
Alright, time to get this started again...

This is a bus system map for the fictional city of Tawas, in the fictional country of Tanso (www.reddit.com/r/Tanso). I know it looks bad.

Also, I can't post images yet - or links - so you have to go here, sorry

FTFY. Just keep posting, you'll be able to post links and images.
Neque porro quisquam est qui dolorem ipsum, quia dolor sit amet, consectetur, adipisci velit, sed quia non nunquam eius modi tempora incidunt ut labore et dolore magnam aliquam quaerat voluptatem - Cicero, De finibus bonorum et malorum, from which placeholder text is derived.
CNGL no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 1st, 2015, 12:46 PM   #1705
mrsmartman

Likes (Received): 1453

2nd Ave subway alternatives in lower Manhattan.

2nd Ave subway alternative in the Bronx.

Abbendymion, HARTride 2012, lsg97, Zaz965 liked this post
mrsmartman no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 1st, 2015, 06:43 PM   #1706
Rojnova

Quote:
Originally Posted by CNGL View Post
FTFY. Just keep posting, you'll be able to post links and images.
Thanks for doing that - also good to know.

For scale, the south end of the orange line to Dewart Station is around 14 miles, and the "loop" of the gray and light blue lines to the east end of the dark blue line is about 7.

Last edited by Rojnova; July 1st, 2015 at 07:03 PM.
Old July 2nd, 2015, 03:49 AM   #1707
Rojnova

Here's an updated version, with a streetcar, more routes, a key, and frequency mapping:

i (dot) imgur (dot) com/PFhkPLb.png
Old August 3rd, 2015, 06:15 AM   #1708
thesmartboy

Likes (Received): 73

It's been a long day (or time)...

Hi!
I got the inspiration to log in again, and here I am, back.

Over the past months, on Google Maps, I've been making a totally fictitious version of the Macau LRT. Included in it are 21 LRT lines (not including branches yet!) and 4 tram lines. Well, it's not yet done
thesmartboy no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 6th, 2015, 12:52 AM   #1709
CNGL
Leudimin

It has been so long! I was wondering what happened to you.

Meanwhile I got around to revamp my version of One Island and I added a ton of features, such as now there are four 'rings' (They are incomplete due to the presence of the Treasure and Knot channels): Inner, Middle, Outer (where the motorway bypass runs) and Suburban. I also kept many names from the older version, as well as adding new ones such as Ariza-Pearson (the successor to Dairon's Rosales Pearson). The tram line has been sightly modified too, and now contains the following stops:
Aldera (For the Star Wars fans out there)
Ronda Alderamin (part of the middle ring, named after a star)
Universidad (Simple, where university is)
Calatorao (Part of the inner ring, is a town in Zaragoza province which also happens to give its name to what is Caoyang Lu station in real life)
Trigémina (A square so-named because the main road splits into three)
José Carlos (The main square, like the last version)
Archisiete (Spanish for the Sevii islands)
Navesar (I fused Navesar and Cosencia here)
Miralcanal (Like the last version)

Also, the rolling stock is pretty much unchanged, it still uses the Urbos 3 made by CAF.
Neque porro quisquam est qui dolorem ipsum, quia dolor sit amet, consectetur, adipisci velit, sed quia non nunquam eius modi tempora incidunt ut labore et dolore magnam aliquam quaerat voluptatem - Cicero, De finibus bonorum et malorum, from which placeholder text is derived.
Old August 6th, 2015, 01:39 PM   #1710
HARTride 2012

Likes (Received): 1976

Quote:
Originally Posted by thesmartboy View Post
It's been a long day (or time)...

Hi!
I got the inspiration to log in again, and here I am, back.

Over the past months, on Google Maps, I've been making a totally fictitious version of the Macau LRT. Included in it are 21 LRT lines (not including branches yet!) and 4 tram lines. Well, it's not yet done
Awesome! Welcome back!

I too will be restarting my fictitious map efforts soon. Hoping to finally compile a fictional subway map for Norfolk, VA with my original 10 lines, plus possibly two additional lines.
HARTride 2012 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 6th, 2015, 01:49 PM   #1711
CNGL
Leudimin

Also, while we were in campaign for the municipal elections that were held back in May, I updated my Zaragoza tram proposal. Dotted lines are possible extensions to future developments, black lines are those from the Aragon RER I posted a while back.

Zaz965 liked this post
Old August 6th, 2015, 02:01 PM   #1712
thesmartboy

Thanks for the welcomes!

That Zaragoza tram looks insane!
I see blank spaces on the dotted lines. Is there anything there?
Old August 6th, 2015, 02:28 PM   #1713
CNGL
Leudimin

There is currently nothing there, I said these would be possible extensions should those areas be developed.

By the way, I visited Bordeaux in the last few days, and now I'm planning to come up with a fictional tram plan. It would incorporate current plans as well as some ideas from me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rojnova View Post
Here's an updated version, with a streetcar, more routes, a key, and frequency mapping:

There you go.
Old August 6th, 2015, 02:46 PM   #1714
thesmartboy

Oh. I think you recently had almozar (or almuerzo?)

Macau LRT is still at 21 lines, combined a line with its branch.
Old August 16th, 2015, 01:05 AM   #1715
Phoenyxar

Likes (Received): 442

Alright, I only recently discovered this thread (and very passionately scrolled through it) so it's probably only fair if I share my maps as well. Small problem though, since I usually create enormous Paint-maps I felt the need to upload them to Google Photos. To be fair it's a great host, but I can only share a link, not an image, which is slightly less intrusive.

So first:
Sertichnada Metro
Which was made fairly recently with a nice background of the river estuaries.

And secondly there's this monster:
Sygfride Metro & RER
With (and I only recently counted them) exactly 1.000 metro stations and another 58 RER-stations visible with no direct connection to the metro system. Sadly no background of the multiple rivers of this city, the map got crowded way too fast (something that translates in an obligatory inset for the main stations in the bottom right).

(And for those interested, no that's not me as the Google Avatar)
Quote:
Originally Posted by lsg97 View Post
I don't know how many of you are familiar with GTA 5 and the Metro/LRT system in the imaginary city of Los Santos, but I was quite fascinated by it so I decided to expand it because in its current appearance it quite sucks from a realistic economic view.
Funny enough I've had a shot at the LST network myself! I went for a different route and kind of ignored most of the existing Line 1.

(The green line reaches Chumash and the red line if partially below ground, most of it is a general tram/streetcar which shares the road like seen in Davis)

Did the same thing for Liberty City. I've been playing the game using just the Subway, which is quite doable, but I think we can agree that the system isn't perfect so I altered it a bit.

Ah well. Got more maps, but I think this is enough for one post.
Old August 16th, 2015, 07:42 AM   #1716
mrsmartman

Likes (Received): 1453

I love these.
mrsmartman no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 16th, 2015, 02:43 PM   #1717
CNGL
Leudimin

1000 stations? Wow! You must have ran out of names. I can't see the pics because now I'm on mobile, but I'll check that massive metro system. For comparison, my Dairon metro,which is a replica of Shanghai's, 'only' has 292 stations, some with names like 'Mitochondrion' (However as the metro is made in Spanish it appears as La Mitocondria).
Old August 16th, 2015, 05:28 PM   #1718
Phoenyxar

Likes (Received): 442

Well, I had no idea myself until I counted them, but in contrast to what you think I did not run out of names. I'm quiet creative and stubborn when it comes to finding new names (/naming logics) if I do say so myself.

What I did run in quiet often was naming a station, wondering for a couple of seconds whether the name was already taken and then searching half the map for that name. Which I guess is in a way similar to what you said, but well.
Phoenyxar no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 16th, 2015, 07:28 PM   #1719
Alargule
Res Uder et Siger

Likes (Received): 2093

Keep track of them in a spreadsheet list; you'd find out about duplicate station names quickly enough.

I see the map is entirely symmetrical?
Alargule no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 16th, 2015, 07:43 PM   #1720
lsg97

Likes (Received): 91

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenyxar View Post
Alright, I only recently discovered this thread (and very passionately scrolled through it) so it's probably only fair if I share my maps as well. Small problem though, since I usually create enormous Paint-maps I felt the need to upload them to Google Photos. To be fair it's a great host, but I can only share a link, not an image, which is slightly less intrusive.

So first:
Sertichnada Metro
Which was made fairly recently with a nice background of the river estuaries.

And secondly there's this monster:
Sygfride Metro & RER
With (and I only recently counted them) exactly 1.000 metro stations and another 58 RER-stations visible with no direct connection to the metro system. Sadly no background of the multiple rivers of this city, the map got crowded way too fast (something that translates in an obligatory inset for the main stations in the bottom right).

(And for those interested, no that's not me as the Google Avatar)

Funny enough I've had a shot at the LST network myself! I went for a different route and kind of ignored most of the existing Line 1.

(The green line reaches Chumash and the red line if partially below ground, most of it is a general tram/streetcar which shares the road like seen in Davis)

Did the same thing for Liberty City. I've been playing the game using just the Subway, which is quite doable, but I think we can agree that the system isn't perfect so I altered it a bit.

Ah well. Got more maps, but I think this is enough for one post.
Wow, impressive, nice to see there's another "expert" on GTA maps here.

As you might have seen in my Los Santos proposal, I would've gone for underground tracks at the most parts.
Now you got me on a couple of good ideas, I'll take a look at the Liberty City map, too. Expect me to come up with a quite completely altered service pattern though, because - besides the system being quite nice for a small ingame feature - I found the idea of those two basic circle lines rather useless

Phoenyxar, Zaz965 liked this post
lsg97 no está en línea   Reply With Quote