daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Subways and Urban Transport

Subways and Urban Transport Metros, subways, light rail, trams, buses and other local transport systems

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old September 21st, 2015, 12:24 AM   #1741
CNGL
Leudimin

Likes (Received): 1937

I really like that 'unnamed' station .

Since my Dairon metro is basically the Shanghai one with new station names (as well as some changes in services, station layouts, etc.), I reused the map to make a Pinyin only Shanghai metro map. Since it's a real metro the map is posted in the corresponding thread. You can see which station is which, for example Shanghai's Renmin Guangchang is Dairon's Kirguistán (named after Kyrgyzstan), Shiji Dadao is Canal de Izas (a valley in the Pyrenees), Hanzhong Lu is Teruel (A Spanish town which is said not to exist, but not to the extent of Bielefeld), etc.
Neque porro quisquam est qui dolorem ipsum, quia dolor sit amet, consectetur, adipisci velit, sed quia non nunquam eius modi tempora incidunt ut labore et dolore magnam aliquam quaerat voluptatem - Cicero, De finibus bonorum et malorum, from which placeholder text is derived.
CNGL no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old September 21st, 2015, 12:28 AM   #1742
Antje
Public Transport Fan

That 'unnamed' station could be called Chuck Norris for maximum awesomeness.
Antje no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 21st, 2015, 02:36 AM   #1743
00Zy99

Likes (Received): 1507

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antje View Post
That 'unnamed' station could be called Chuck Norris for maximum awesomeness.
Call it Norris Circle.
00Zy99 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 21st, 2015, 01:21 PM   #1744
Mr.Joke
I like trains!!

Likes (Received): 4

Here's my fantasy metro and S-Bahn plan for Riga. I don't understand why this city still has no metro or S-Bahn....I think it needs it

mrsmartman, Zaz965 liked this post
Mr.Joke no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 21st, 2015, 06:15 PM   #1745
BriedisUnIzlietne

Likes (Received): 2901

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Joke View Post
Here's my fantasy metro and S-Bahn plan for Riga. I don't understand why this city still has no metro or S-Bahn....I think it needs it
http://postimg.org/image/9usx6tflf/
It's actually very good! Some minor adjustments of station locations and that's it!

Though the green line on the left bank should be located a bit more to the south: going through lower Ķīpsala, through Iļģuciems and to Lāčupe (no need to connect Kleisti - it's basically a village)

And S-Bahn should go all the way to Daugavgrīva.

--
Metro is expensive. Construction should have started in 1990 and there should have been 3 lines (very similar to the ones in your vision) but then there was no money and locals didn't want immigrant workers. S-Bahn, on the other hand, is something that we could and should have

Mr.Joke liked this post
BriedisUnIzlietne no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 22nd, 2015, 10:08 PM   #1746
Dan78

Likes (Received): 55

Part of my latest Pittsburgh Light Rail fantasy map project. This portion is what a hypothetical transit line would look like if the East and West Busways (BRT) were converted to LRT and linked via new tunnel through downtown:

https://www.google.com/maps/d/viewer...8.krTU0tk_3wuU

The darker red pins represent brand new stations whereas the other red pins are existing BRT stations. Hopefully this will be the first part of a multi-line fantasy map project.

mrsmartman liked this post
Dan78 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 24th, 2015, 06:06 PM   #1747
Mr.Joke
I like trains!!

Likes (Received): 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by BriedisUnIzlietne View Post
It's actually very good! Some minor adjustments of station locations and that's it!

Though the green line on the left bank should be located a bit more to the south: going through lower Ķīpsala, through Iļģuciems and to Lāčupe (no need to connect Kleisti - it's basically a village)

And S-Bahn should go all the way to Daugavgrīva.

--
Metro is expensive. Construction should have started in 1990 and there should have been 3 lines (very similar to the ones in your vision) but then there was no money and locals didn't want immigrant workers. S-Bahn, on the other hand, is something that we could and should have
Thank you I always found interesting Riga and its public transportation.
In Riga you have a lot of stations and railways that with upgrade and buy new trains you could make a great S-Bahn network
Old September 26th, 2015, 06:51 AM   #1748
CNB30
centralnatbankbuildingrva

Likes (Received): 805

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan78 View Post
Part of my latest Pittsburgh Light Rail fantasy map project. This portion is what a hypothetical transit line would look like if the East and West Busways (BRT) were converted to LRT and linked via new tunnel through downtown:

https://www.google.com/maps/d/viewer...8.krTU0tk_3wuU

The darker red pins represent brand new stations whereas the other red pins are existing BRT stations. Hopefully this will be the first part of a multi-line fantasy map project.
LOVE it, I made something like this a while ago, and was just in Pittsburgh today, and took the Subway north of the river.

A developed country is not a place where the poor have cars. It’s where the rich use public transportation

Feel The Bern #2016

Dan78 liked this post
CNB30 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 13th, 2015, 09:53 AM   #1749
Triple C

Likes (Received): 1724

As I posted on previous pages, I updated my fantasy rail transit map of Antalya with more tram extensions (orange).

Blue and red are official project lines, while navy(LRT/Subway) and yellow lines(National/commuter) are also fantasy.

mrsmartman, Rail_Serbia liked this post
Triple C no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 18th, 2015, 09:25 PM   #1750
CNGL
Leudimin

dimlys1994 posted this to the Dairon metro thread...
Quote:
Originally Posted by dimlys1994 View Post
Three big openings today in Dairon - Line 11 extension from Aldera to Sauron, Line 12 - from San Jorge to Barbenuta and Line 13 - from Sarasa to Frente Fluvial (including previously opened section):
http://metrodairon.xD/en/news/1280.html
And here is the new map! Finally Esteban Latre gets bold text due to it becoming an interchange station and now is not less than García Longares. Notice I've also renamed several stations in the meanwhile.
Neque porro quisquam est qui dolorem ipsum, quia dolor sit amet, consectetur, adipisci velit, sed quia non nunquam eius modi tempora incidunt ut labore et dolore magnam aliquam quaerat voluptatem - Cicero, De finibus bonorum et malorum, from which placeholder text is derived.

Abbendymion liked this post

Last edited by CNGL; December 18th, 2015 at 09:37 PM. Reason: Uploaded the wrong version -_-.
Old December 19th, 2015, 06:27 PM   #1751
antoinetonee

Likes (Received): 172

Here's my modified version of Palembang Metro. I had posted an earlier version in this thread (but it was long ago and I'm too lethargic to find it right now), but this one rectifies several issues in the previous version, such as adding a circle line and more cross-river lines.

Solid circle denotes train depot terminus that doesn't serve passenger.

palembang metro by Anthony Hamzah, di Flickr

BriedisUnIzlietne liked this post
antoinetonee está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old January 7th, 2016, 07:24 PM   #1752
メトロデザイナー|MetroDesign

Likes (Received): 0

Brussels Suburban Network

Hello,
This is a line for Brussels as I think although it has the tram and metro they don't stretch out as far as they should, and the RER run by SNCB does not stop as often and not at small towns or villages such as Overijse. Sorry for the rant but here are the stocks used on the train line.

CNR Stock (Used On Bangkok Sky Train):

Although an edited version w/ 6 cars.

Siemens Train (Used On Bangkok SRT City Line)

The Map Will Be Coming Soon.............
メトロデザイナー|MetroDesign no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 7th, 2016, 07:25 PM   #1753
メトロデザイナー|MetroDesign

Likes (Received): 0

What did you use?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CNGL View Post
dimlys1994 posted this to the Dairon metro thread...

And here is the new map! Finally Esteban Latre gets bold text due to it becoming an interchange station and now is not less than García Longares. Notice I've also renamed several stations in the meanwhile.

What did you use to make the map?
メトロデザイナー|MetroDesign no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 7th, 2016, 09:15 PM   #1754
CNGL
Leudimin

I 'Paint-ed' it. However I'm starting to 'write' maps in SVG format, I've got Notepad++ now. I've done a line scheme for line 2, which has the intersecting line numbers still missing, and then I have to convert it to PNG.
Old January 15th, 2016, 10:44 PM   #1755
Phoenyxar

Likes (Received): 442

Had some time to spare so replaced one of my older system maps with a new one.

Some lines were redrawn, some were added (23 now) and there are no rivers present anymore (clickable for a larger resolution).

Abbendymion liked this post
Phoenyxar no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 11th, 2016, 03:12 PM   #1756
Arnorian

Likes (Received): 14652

Just a mock up, I don't have time/will to do it properly as a vector graphic.

BriedisUnIzlietne, mrsmartman, Nexis liked this post
Arnorian no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 14th, 2016, 01:52 AM   #1757
lsg97

Likes (Received): 91

I created this plan
https://www.google.com/maps/d/edit?m...Y.kIiyRPTX6Uj8
for a proper RER/S-Bahn-style commuter rail network for the Raleigh-Durham-Chapel Hill Metro Area in North Carolina.

This being the final plan it consists of a total of 6 lines. They ought to be built in their alphabetical order and the corridors of Line A, B, D and F would only need track upgrades since they follow existing ROW for their whole distance. Lines C and E would need a rather short connection between the mainline and RDU airport so the only big ROW construction would be line E to Chapel Hill (that could however make the potential Durham-Orange LRT obsolete)

Crucial to this project would however be electrification imo because that would allow modern EMUs to make all those stops especially in urban Raleigh and along NC State's campus and still keep travel times profitable.

Service-pattern wise I would expect something like a day-round 2tphd minimum on all lines except maybe line F which could be way more peak-oriented which would make for a nice 10-minute headway between Raleigh and Cary for example.
Also the "Airport-lines" C and E could skip some stations between RDU and the respective downtowns of Raleigh and Durham to get more attractive for travellers.

I would love to hear you guys' opinions on that and yes, I know it's a pipe dream especially with electrification, but who knows?

1993matias liked this post
lsg97 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 14th, 2016, 04:15 AM   #1758
00Zy99

Likes (Received): 1507

That's permission only. Please unlock it.
00Zy99 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 14th, 2016, 03:31 PM   #1759
lsg97

Likes (Received): 91

Quote:
Originally Posted by 00Zy99 View Post
That's permission only. Please unlock it.
Just saw that, I think it should be fixed now
here is the new link
https://www.google.com/maps/d/edit?m...j8&usp=sharing

BriedisUnIzlietne liked this post
lsg97 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 13th, 2016, 11:21 PM   #1760
CNGL
Leudimin

I forgot to say two weeks ago the station of Dairon Metro named 29 de Febrero (29 February) saw it's first namesake day since I first started that project back in December 2013. I also maintain a map with every Chinese metro, and I've marked every Shanghai metro station with an alternate name... which is their Dairon equivalents.

Also, to commemorate the ten years since my first metro ride, I'm remaking a map I did shortly after that. Shanghai wasn't the first metro that got every station renamed, I had already done Madrid in 2006 (It was named 'Kilometro', but that is only understandable in Spanish since 'metro' and 'meter/metre' are spelt the same way). Now I'm revising and updating some of the stations' names, which (unlike Dairon/Shanghai) are all related to the actual names. Still, some stations have hard-to-parody names and I have to come up with creative solutions (for example Rivas Urbanizaciones becomes Ribas Pearson in the parody). I'll post something once I get this finished.