daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Subways and Urban Transport

Subways and Urban Transport Metros, subways, light rail, trams, buses and other local transport systems

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old March 14th, 2016, 07:50 AM   #1761
5ilham
Bridge Build Bekasi

Likes (Received): 108

I miss draw metro line, so I decide to make a new fantasy metro map for 2nd largest city of Indonesia. Surabaya city.

Quote:

OOOOOOOO
OOOOOOOO

OOOOOOOO
OOOOOOOO

I N D O N E S I A
5ilham no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old April 22nd, 2016, 12:09 PM   #1762
thesmartboy

Likes (Received): 73

Waaah. Haven't been here for so long.
Happy new year in almost 5 months of belation.

Hi again.

So, I've done commencement excercises 22 days ago and I want to graduate as well from always doing small-scale metro maps, although I'm still doing those stuff.
What I'll at least try to do are:
(1) complete a map for a city in Negros Island, Philippines
(2) merge all the fictitious Philippine metro maps I've made (hopefully the 300+ lined Manila MRT as well)
(3) pursue doing regional rails for the Philippines and many more fictitious rail maps in the Philippines.

I also want to assume that my 28-lined Macau LRT is done. I'll upload it as soon as I'd say it is.

EDIT:
Also, I'm almost finished with an expanded version of the ferry system in Manila, and I am yet to add lines for a dream sightseeing tour in Manila.

BriedisUnIzlietne liked this post

Last edited by thesmartboy; April 22nd, 2016 at 12:16 PM. Reason: more info
thesmartboy no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 22nd, 2016, 12:47 PM   #1763
CNGL
Leudimin

Likes (Received): 1937

I thought you were gone, so I removed you from my friend list. Sorry.

I'm now creating a entirely fictional country, complete with mountains, rivers, cities, etc. Oh, and rail transit systems. I'll be starting with the suburban network of the capital region and the tram network of a city named after a village in extreme Western Aragon (which has also named a station in Dairon) located some 400 km east-northeast from the capital.
Neque porro quisquam est qui dolorem ipsum, quia dolor sit amet, consectetur, adipisci velit, sed quia non nunquam eius modi tempora incidunt ut labore et dolore magnam aliquam quaerat voluptatem - Cicero, De finibus bonorum et malorum, from which placeholder text is derived.

CNGL no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 22nd, 2016, 03:40 PM   #1764
thesmartboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by CNGL View Post
I thought you were gone, so I removed you from my friend list. Sorry.

I'm now creating a entirely fictional country, complete with mountains, rivers, cities, etc. Oh, and rail transit systems. I'll be starting with the suburban network of the capital region and the tram network of a city named after a village in extreme Western Aragon (which has also named a station in Dairon) located some 400 km east-northeast from the capital.
First paragraph: It's me. Graduate stuff makes me busy.

Second paragraph: Yay!

By the way, what will I do with this route from Terroba to Bárcenas?
Old April 22nd, 2016, 08:21 PM   #1765
CNGL
Leudimin

It's a pun on current news: Terroba sounds like 'te roba' which means 'It steals you', and Bárcenas is the surname of the former treasurer of the most corrupt party in Spain. So 'Bárcenas steals you'. It's better the pun on Dairon and its metro line running between Parque Goya and Walqa (I'm going to walk a route between their real world namesakes in a few hours).
Neque porro quisquam est qui dolorem ipsum, quia dolor sit amet, consectetur, adipisci velit, sed quia non nunquam eius modi tempora incidunt ut labore et dolore magnam aliquam quaerat voluptatem - Cicero, De finibus bonorum et malorum, from which placeholder text is derived.

thesmartboy liked this post
Old April 25th, 2016, 09:56 PM   #1766
elliot42

Likes (Received): 52

Quote:
It's a pun on current news: Terroba sounds like 'te roba' which means 'It steals you', and Bárcenas is the surname of the former treasurer of the most corrupt party in Spain. So 'Bárcenas steals you'. It's better the pun on Dairon and its metro line running between Parque Goya and Walqa (I'm going to walk a route between their real world namesakes in a few hours).
So I'm not the only punster on the board; got it.
elliot42 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 2nd, 2016, 10:34 AM   #1767
thesmartboy

I confess. Sometimes I start a project in the middle of making another.

Well, it just happened and what I'm doing at the moment is a new city for the Philippines (that I want true). It has a whole lot of reclamation, and the airport is even bigger than Beijing Daxing. So it'll be a full map with location, districts, streets, some landmarks and a train and ferry system.
Old May 2nd, 2016, 01:18 PM   #1768
CNGL
Leudimin

Updated Dairon metro map, with the addition of Parque Mundial station. I've also changed the colo(u)rs of all lines (based on what Baike Baidu lists for Shanghai, most notably on line 2 while some are unnoticeable) and renamed some stops (again). I've also tweaked Esteban Latre (formerly Navarra) and Volta stations to show transfers aren't avalaible yet (the former is written three times! ).

Quote:
Originally Posted by thesmartboy View Post
I confess. Sometimes I start a project in the middle of making another.

Well, it just happened and what I'm doing at the moment is a new city for the Philippines (that I want true). It has a whole lot of reclamation, and the airport is even bigger than Beijing Daxing. So it'll be a full map with location, districts, streets, some landmarks and a train and ferry system.
Don't worry, I do it all the time. Dairon was (and still is) intended to be a full-fledged city. As it is a Shanghai spoof some landmarks resemble real life ones, while others are completely made up. For example Kyrgyzstan (Kirguistán in Spanish) square is Dairon's equivalent of People's square. OTOH, Pearson town (located near Rosales Pearson station) still retains a village feeling despite having been absorbed by the city, while the real life Huamu area is nowhere near that.

Old May 3rd, 2016, 09:21 AM   #1769
thesmartboy

Quote:
Updated Dairon metro map, with the addition of Parque Mundial station. I've also changed the colo(u)rs of all lines (based on what Baike Baidu lists for Shanghai, most notably on line 2 while some are unnoticeable) and renamed some stops (again). I've also tweaked Esteban Latre (formerly Navarra) and Volta stations to show transfers aren't avalaible yet (the former is written three times! ).

Don't worry, I do it all the time. Dairon was (and still is) intended to be a full-fledged city. As it is a Shanghai spoof some landmarks resemble real life ones, while others are completely made up. For example Kyrgyzstan (Kirguistán in Spanish) square is Dairon's equivalent of People's square. OTOH, Pearson town (located near Rosales Pearson station) still retains a village feeling despite having been absorbed by the city, while the real life Huamu area is nowhere near that.
Yay
I actually take this city plan seriously that I am willing to show it to the president who'll be elected 6 days from now (yup, Philippine elections in 6 days). I'm just really hopeful that this certain candidate will win...

Old May 5th, 2016, 09:32 PM   #1770
TM_Germany
Got Fachwerk?

Likes (Received): 435

Is there a tutorial or similar for makimg such a map? I already have a plan of a high speed network of the east coast US on paper but need to put it into a digital form but have no ideo how to do it. Any help would be most welcome.
TM_Germany no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 5th, 2016, 10:47 PM   #1771
CNB30
centralnatbankbuildingrva

Likes (Received): 805

Quote:
Originally Posted by TM_Germany View Post
Is there a tutorial or similar for makimg such a map? I already have a plan of a high speed network of the east coast US on paper but need to put it into a digital form but have no ideo how to do it. Any help would be most welcome.
http://beno.org.uk/metromapcreator/

A developed country is not a place where the poor have cars. It’s where the rich use public transportation

Feel The Bern #2016

TM_Germany liked this post
CNB30 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 5th, 2016, 11:40 PM   #1772
00Zy99

Likes (Received): 1507

Quote:
If you have any questions about alignments (I don't know to what level of detail you are going), please feel free to ask me.

I know a lot about the area and what demand corridors there are as well as the geography (terrain, etc.).
00Zy99 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 6th, 2016, 12:25 AM   #1773
CNGL
Leudimin

Quote:
My maps are just 'Paint-ed'. MS Paint is avalaible even in Windows 10.

Some new lines are planned in Dairon. Two new lines (19 and 21) will run to the area known as 'The Cell' (La Célula), so it is expected more cell organelles will name stations in addition to the existing Mitocondria station (named after the mitochondrion). Also, Rosales Pearson may change its name, probably to Pueblo de Pearson ('Pearson Town'), as line 24 is planned to run through the area known as Rosales del Canal (named after a neighborhood of Zaragoza). Finally, I (re)named certain station Zungaria Bifurcación in anticipation to the new line 5 branch, but it would not make sense anymore once line 23 takes over current line 5 to Zungaria Futura.
Old May 6th, 2016, 02:51 AM   #1774
Fenix_2007
Fenix_2007

Likes (Received): 16613

I'd love to do one of these. Any suggestions on programs (software) and such?
Old May 6th, 2016, 03:02 AM   #1775
CNB30
centralnatbankbuildingrva

Likes (Received): 805

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenix_2007 View Post
I'd love to do one of these. Any suggestions on programs (software) and such?
see my last post

A developed country is not a place where the poor have cars. It’s where the rich use public transportation

Feel The Bern #2016

Fenix_2007 liked this post
CNB30 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 6th, 2016, 04:04 AM   #1776
thesmartboy

Quote:
My maps are just 'Paint-ed'. MS Paint is avalaible even in Windows 10.

Some new lines are planned in Dairon. Two new lines (19 and 21) will run to the area known as 'The Cell' (La Célula), so it is expected more cell organelles will name stations in addition to the existing Mitocondria station (named after the mitochondrion). Also, Rosales Pearson may change its name, probably to Pueblo de Pearson ('Pearson Town'), as line 24 is planned to run through the area known as Rosales del Canal (named after a neighborhood of Zaragoza). Finally, I (re)named certain station Zungaria Bifurcación in anticipation to the new line 5 branch, but it would not make sense anymore once line 23 takes over current line 5 to Zungaria Futura.
La Célula. The animal cell or the plant cell?
I think you have two Esteban Latre L12 labels on your map...

I'm not showing pictures on the current progress to my city since I want to promise the best version showcased. I've started on roads already.
Old May 8th, 2016, 09:49 PM   #1777
Fenix_2007
Fenix_2007

Likes (Received): 16613

My fantasy map for Bogotá (Colombia), my hometown. Not a single track has ever being built so this is my master plan including metro lines (the thicker ones), tram lines, regional railways (in black) and gondola lift lines (in grey).

It consists of 7 metro lines, 4 tram lines, 4 regional lines and 4 gondola lift lines.

Enjoy! (Sorry for the huge size)

P.S: Thanks to CNB30 for the tip!

Last edited by Fenix_2007; May 10th, 2016 at 07:07 PM.
Fenix_2007 está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old May 14th, 2016, 04:41 PM   #1778
thesmartboy

Wow.

In the middle of making my fictional city (I'm still making it. It's one of my most important projects), I rush made a map for my classmate who lives in that city (Baguio City).
I need a free image uploader though...
Old May 19th, 2016, 01:14 PM   #1779
WilliamTR

Likes (Received): 4

Hi !
I recently started a project of Fantasy subway maps : draw as many fiction universes as subway maps. Here are a few exemples :

From Tolkien work, Beleriand and Middle Earth

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

From Warcraft universe

[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]

If you like these, I'll regulary post more maps on my DeviantArt page

Have a good day
William

Kavim91, 1993matias liked this post
WilliamTR no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 20th, 2016, 08:14 PM   #1780
CNGL
Leudimin

Great work! Keep with that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by thesmartboy View Post
La Célula. The animal cell or the plant cell?
I think you have two Esteban Latre L12 labels on your map...
Animal cell, our cell . And there's only one Esteban Latre L12 label, you probably mistook either the L2 or the L13 for another L12.

More features on my Dairon map: There's a station named Gay where lines 7 and 12 cross. Further up on line 7, Sarasa also means 'gay'. This was coincidental.
What it's not a coincidence, is that on line 11 Calatorao, Alfamán and García Longares are succesive stations. Search for Calatorao (a town in Zaragoza province, Spain) on any online map and proceed Southeast. The same line has its mainline ending in Montañana and Peñaflor, much like Zaragoza's bus line 28.
And then there's Dravet station (on line 13 between the aforementioned Alfamán and Sarasa). There's about only one thing that can be its namesake...