daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Subways and Urban Transport

Subways and Urban Transport Metros, subways, light rail, trams, buses and other local transport systems

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old March 1st, 2017, 08:52 PM   #1801
00Zy99

Likes (Received): 1507

I'm sorry, but the loop on the green line really bugs me. Try making it more like a horseshoe. Or add another line to cover some of that area.
00Zy99 no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old March 1st, 2017, 09:13 PM   #1802
Arnorian

Likes (Received): 14678

The station where the green line meets the red line is at an elevation of 145 meters, and the station where it meets the brown line is at 95 meters. The station in the middle of the loop is at 190 meters. There is no way to cover this area of high population density in another way. I took the idea from Naples' Line 1.
Old March 2nd, 2017, 06:06 AM   #1803
00Zy99

Have you considered deep bore stations? Just have the station way underground.

mrsmartman liked this post
Old March 2nd, 2017, 05:45 PM   #1804
Arnorian

Likes (Received): 14678

No need for that.
Old March 3rd, 2017, 12:55 AM   #1805
00Zy99

Probably cheaper than a loop.
Old March 3rd, 2017, 12:06 PM   #1806
Alargule
Res Uder et Siger

Likes (Received): 2093

Hmmm...whose fantasy map was it again? Just curious...

sotonsi liked this post
Alargule no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 20th, 2017, 03:15 PM   #1807
Alargule
Res Uder et Siger

Fantasy map of fantasy city, for a change. Work still in progress. The extent of the network that's to be mapped is shown below (click for larger version):

BriedisUnIzlietne liked this post

Last edited by Alargule; March 20th, 2017 at 05:26 PM. Reason: links should work now...
Old March 20th, 2017, 06:07 PM   #1808
BriedisUnIzlietne

Likes (Received): 2907

I like how the dark red line aligns with the city!

But why can't one transfer from the dark red line to the light green line at the point where it diverges?

Alargule liked this post
BriedisUnIzlietne no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 20th, 2017, 09:09 PM   #1809
Alargule
Res Uder et Siger

I tried to put a bit of planning realism into the network. If you take a look at London or NYC, for example, there aren't transfers at points where you'd expect them to be. Be it because of a history of competition between lines, planning short-sightedness or geographic constraints.

BriedisUnIzlietne liked this post
Old April 11th, 2017, 02:02 PM   #1810
CNGL
Leudimin

Likes (Received): 1937

Ah, your good old New York City-like city. Nice to see it is still alive.

And so does Dairon, my "shanzhai" version of Shanghai. Since no metro additions have taken place in 2016 I decided to add several other types of public transport in addition to the maglev (which is not shown in the metro maps but is there, running back and forth between Rosales Pearson and the Tolosana airport), namely a rubber-tyred tram intersecting line 2 at Walqa and Universidad Politecnica, a trolleybus rapid transit line (line 71) running parallel and to the South of line 2 from near Ascaso station and airport to the Riverside Promenade (Dairon's version of the Bund), as well as a couple standard tram lines under construction in the Nolanda district in the Southwest. All of this have real life equivalents, much like it happens with the metro.
Neque porro quisquam est qui dolorem ipsum, quia dolor sit amet, consectetur, adipisci velit, sed quia non nunquam eius modi tempora incidunt ut labore et dolore magnam aliquam quaerat voluptatem - Cicero, De finibus bonorum et malorum, from which placeholder text is derived.

Alargule liked this post
CNGL no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 12th, 2017, 03:45 AM   #1811
Gottfried

Likes (Received): 8

Vienna Fantasy

test
Gottfried no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 13th, 2017, 12:15 AM   #1812
micro

Likes (Received): 107

Far away from any metro system - in Siem Reap, Cambodia, I found this neat fun map of "Angkorground", indeed useful to navigate the many temples of Angkor:

Source: http://tubemapworld.com/templemap.html

metrobits.org
| Follow metrobits.org on Twitter

mrsmartman liked this post
micro no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 14th, 2017, 10:45 PM   #1813
Alargule
Res Uder et Siger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alargule View Post
Fantasy map of fantasy city, for a change. Work still in progress. The extent of the network that's to be mapped is shown below (click for larger version):
Progressing:

Old April 20th, 2017, 08:39 PM   #1814
pewienslazak

Likes (Received): 4

Hello!
I've done this - a scheme for a better SKR (basically S-Bahn) system for the Upper Silesian aglomeration (sometimes refered to as Katowice aglomeration). Currently we have the "orange" line from Tychy to Sosnowiec. Here I've extended the line, but also added 4 others. The system uses preexisting tracks, except for Miasteczko Śląskie - Pyrzowice part of lines 4 and 5 (which is planned to be built anyway). There are a few stations that do not exist in the real life, and few have their names changed.
pewienslazak no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 29th, 2017, 02:24 PM   #1815
Alargule
Res Uder et Siger

Nearing completion:

Old May 7th, 2017, 07:39 PM   #1816
John.S

Likes (Received): 36

Fantasy Map for Melbourne Tram Network. Sorry about lack of labels, and the wonky North - South Routes 38, 46 and 72. If anyone has any questions let me know. Routes are colour coded by depot (some shared depot info is missing)

Dark Blue: Essendon Depot
Red: Brunswick Depot
Grey: Southbank Depot
Green: Camberwell Depot
Light Blue: Kew Depot
Yellow: Malvern Depot
Orange: Glenhuntly Depot
Pink: Preston Workshops

edit: will try to find image hosting in text
edit 2: got it working

Last edited by John.S; May 7th, 2017 at 07:44 PM. Reason: Image wouldn't show
John.S no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 7th, 2017, 10:27 PM   #1817
Village Idiot

Likes (Received): 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by pewienslazak View Post

Hello!
I've done this - a scheme for a better SKR (basically S-Bahn) system for the Upper Silesian aglomeration (sometimes refered to as Katowice aglomeration). Currently we have the "orange" line from Tychy to Sosnowiec. Here I've extended the line, but also added 4 others. The system uses preexisting tracks, except for Miasteczko Śląskie - Pyrzowice part of lines 4 and 5 (which is planned to be built anyway). There are a few stations that do not exist in the real life, and few have their names changed.
Have you considered a joint Krakow - Katowice International Airport, perhaps West of Trzebinia and North of the A4? That could be a fantastic hub in your regional network, expanding it of course to Lesser Poland which seems natural give the two regions relationship. That could develop into a truly intercontinental airport and be a regional multi-modal hub as well.
Village Idiot no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 9th, 2017, 10:27 PM   #1818
pewienslazak

Likes (Received): 4

^Ain't gonna happen. There already is an airport in Kraków - Balice. Let's keep at least semi-realistic. Also - both Kraków and cities of Silesia have other expenses. And I'm not even mentioning the crazyman's (I mean the gov't) plan to build an enormous airport in the middle of Poland . And there are several more reasons for which I really don't want to connect Lesser Poland and Silesia.
pewienslazak no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 4th, 2017, 06:50 AM   #1819
aquaticko

Likes (Received): 1040

So, this is a very fantastical rendition of Seoul's, Incheon's, and the entire Sudogwon metro area's lines. I focused on providing a lot more connectivity between lines, as well as greatly densifying service in satellite cities and within Seoul south of the Han river. Also included (in grey) are intercity and express commuter lines, some of which mimic planned expansions for rail lines in the megalopolitan area (the GTX in particular), or are reflective of plans for the future, others still of which are just fantasy. I started with the schematic map from urbanrail.net, and embellished and modified heavily as I went along. This is the product of many years' work, but there are still some errors (missing station names, names covered by lines; this is all just kind of a fun thing for me, nothing super serious)

Given Korea's and Seoul's (in particular) population density, I think that rail ought to be far more dominant as a method of transit (along with walking and cycling). Tell me what you think.
[IMG]Seoul-Incheon-Gyeonggi by aquaticko, on Flickr[/IMG]

Swede, BlackArt-ist liked this post

Last edited by aquaticko; July 11th, 2017 at 10:00 PM. Reason: updated map to include extended Ui LRT in northeast
aquaticko no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 16th, 2017, 05:51 PM   #1820
CNGL
Leudimin

Likes (Received): 1937

Quote:
Originally Posted by CNGL View Post
Since Dairon is taking a rest on new openings until 2017 (as it runs parallel to real life Shanghai) except maybe line 13 to Kant (Changqing Lu), I'm now revisiting my craziest proposal ever, the Aragonese Metro (I called it Aragon RER earlier here), which is becoming even crazier. When completed it may have at least 5000 kilometers of tracks, making it by far the largest metro network ever posted here, and will reach every one of the 731 municipalities of Aragon, from the largest cities (The largest by far is Zaragoza, followed by Huesca at 1/13 of its population, then Teruel if it exists at all, then Calatayud and Utebo which is actually a suburb of Zaragoza) to the smallest villages (as of the latest estimates there is a triple tie between Bagües, Balconchan -both in Zaragoza province- and Salcedillo -in Teruel province- at 13 inhabitants each). It is still far from complete, though, and I don't know when I'll finish it.
I'm still working in this. I hope to have it finished this summer. An update to the least populated municipalities: As of the latest estimates it is now Bagües alone, with 12 inhabitants (And I have already connected it to the system).
Neque porro quisquam est qui dolorem ipsum, quia dolor sit amet, consectetur, adipisci velit, sed quia non nunquam eius modi tempora incidunt ut labore et dolore magnam aliquam quaerat voluptatem - Cicero, De finibus bonorum et malorum, from which placeholder text is derived.
CNGL no está en línea   Reply With Quote