daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Continental Forums > North American Skyscrapers Forum > United States Urban Issues > Northeast and MidAtlantic > Development News

Old October 5th, 2006, 08:20 PM   #81
sargeantcm
Hee Hee!

Likes (Received): 0

Triple Post!!!

Last edited by sargeantcm; October 6th, 2006 at 05:05 AM.
sargeantcm no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links

Old October 5th, 2006, 08:22 PM   #82
sargeantcm
Hee Hee!

Touch 'em all!! Home run!!! Quadruple post!!!!

Last edited by sargeantcm; October 6th, 2006 at 05:06 AM.
Old October 5th, 2006, 08:25 PM   #83
gmb

Thank you so much guys !!! BTW... i live & work in Michigan & my main reason of relocating is to be near Toronto. It takes 4 hr. drive from Michigan to Toronto that's why i'm planning to move to a nearer place. I think Niagara Falls is much much nearer to Toronto compared to Buffalo. Right now i'm still confuse where... if i'm going to settle in Niagara Falls, i don't think so there's a lot of restaurants, bars & entertainments there. But if i'm going to settle in Buffalo, i'm scared of the heavy snow. I really don't know guys...
gmb no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 5th, 2006, 08:27 PM   #84
gmb

Thank you so much guys !!! BTW... i live & work in Michigan & my main reason of relocating is to be near Toronto. It takes 4 hr. drive from Michigan to Toronto that's why i'm planning to move to a nearer place. I think Niagara Falls is much much nearer to Toronto compared to Buffalo. Right now i'm still confuse where... if i'm going to settle in Niagara Falls, i don't think so there's a lot of restaurants, bars & entertainments there. But if i'm going to settle in Buffalo, i'm scared of the heavy snow. I really don't know guys...
Old October 5th, 2006, 08:30 PM   #85
gmb

Old October 5th, 2006, 08:30 PM   #86
gmb

Old October 5th, 2006, 08:49 PM   #87
WIGS
token Canadian

Likes (Received): 56

your best bet if you are afraid of Buffalo for silly reasons such as too much snow, would be Lewiston.
It is a pretty town with an intact "village" or town atmosphere with shops and great restaurants along a main street type strip. It is very picturesque and the Lewiston-Queenston bridge crossing into Canada is right there.
closest to Toronto and not too far to venture to Buffalo and Niagara Falls is directly south.
and Buffalo is only further from Toronto (than Niagara Falls/Lewiston) by like 25-30 minutes.
and this will be the nicest highrise development in the Buffalo-Niagara Metro whenever it gets started: http://www.gatescircle.com/home.html
WIGS no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 5th, 2006, 08:49 PM   #88
WIGS
token Canadian

double post
Old October 6th, 2006, 04:35 AM   #89
gmb

Guys... thank you so much. BTW... i'm from Michigan & my main reason of relocating is to be near Toronto. It takes 4 hr. drive from Michigan to Toronto that's why i'm planning to move to a place nearer to Toronto & i think Niagara Falls, NY is much much nearer compared to Buffalo. Are there any restaurants & bars in Niagara Falls, New York?
Old October 6th, 2006, 04:47 AM   #90
DallasTexan

Impossible! I remember the first time I looked at this house there was snow on the ground.
DallasTexan no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 6th, 2006, 05:03 AM   #91
sargeantcm
Hee Hee!

Is this thread corrupted or something?

- From the forum listing, it says DallasTexan posted at 10:47, yet I don't see it. (Edit: I post this, go out to the forum, reload, and suddenly Page 5 appears).
- I posted earlier this morning and it disappeared.
- I tried posting this afternoon and it kept giving me errors, and didn't appear to work. Now it shows as a double post? (Edit: Quadruple post!!! Ditto gmb.)

To quote the old Bruce Smith commercials, "Bad things, man. Bad things."
Old October 6th, 2006, 05:05 AM   #92
DallasTexan

Whoa, wtf is going on!
DallasTexan no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 6th, 2006, 05:17 AM   #93
sargeantcm
Hee Hee!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmb View Post
Where in Michigan, eastern I assume? I wouldn't think the snowfall totals from Buffalo proper and northward would be too much different from what you're already familiar with. Our winters just happen to be shrouded in mystery and misconception.

Niagara Falls isn't really significantly closer to Toronto, time-wise. It is, but consider that the QEW between Ft. Erie and the 420 is literally a straight-line drag strip, I would base the decision moreso on what you're looking for in a sense of lifestyle; i.e. what you're looking for in a place to live, whether it be Buffalo, NF, or elsewhere and what those places have/don't have to offer. The time savings is negligible, and all your delays are more than likely to be in the Hamilton-Toronto stretch. Certainly a drop in the bucket compared to your current situation. The periodic 15-20 extra minutes on a highway may not be worth a cut in your personal quality of life where you spend 15 hours a day, if you know what I mean.

There are many, many people in central/southern NH who commute 60 miles/3 hours one-way to work in Boston, just to avoid property taxes! I don't see the sense, but it's all in what you're looking for, you have to make the decision based on what you want and expect.

As for bars in Buffalo, I'm not the one to ask, not my cup of tea. You have the 'Chip Strip' which seems to be growing if not thriving, but not much more in terms of centers (but probably better than anything NFNY has to offer). Put bluntly, you'd be helping to add to critical mass were you to move downtown. I'm sure DT could guide you to a few Polish 60+ fish fry/bingo hall/pubs in Chicktawasa if you asked!

Last edited by sargeantcm; October 6th, 2006 at 05:28 AM.
Old October 6th, 2006, 05:33 AM   #94
WIGS
token Canadian

Bars and Restaurants in Buffalo are concentrated on Chippewa St, Allen St, Elmwood Ave, and Hertel Ave. that is not to say there aren't other areas with bars and restaurants, but these are the most heavily concentrated areas.

As for Niagara Falls, Pine Ave. is "Little Italy" and Third St. is a burgeoning night life strip of activity.
Old October 6th, 2006, 06:18 PM   #95
gmb

OMG... what happenend to the thread? I'm sorry guys for the double or triple postings. Anyway... i would like to thank each one of you for your advices & i really appreciate it !!! I'm looking forward in the future for a high rise condo in Niagara Falls, New York overlooking the falls. For sure it would be a nice unit to live in coz i'm a nature lover !!! Ciao...
Old October 6th, 2006, 07:04 PM   #96
Jerome
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spaulding97 View Post
^

i think your right. Think about this, this september was the 2nd most rain amount for the month just behind sep of 77. now we all know what happened that year. just behind this sep of 06 !
No logic to this comment as Sep 1977 was 9 months after the Blizzard of 77 which was in January. For your theory on the correaltion to be correct then last January would have had to have been bad.

Either way move to Niagara County and leave the snow behind.

Also Downtown Toronto to Lewiston takes about one hour. (Eaton Ctr. Parking to bridge.)
Jerome no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 6th, 2006, 08:38 PM   #97
Spaulding97

Well it was just a theory, guess it doesn't hold up. I was never good at that stuff, i loose every week on my football pics! oh well, i hope i am wrong. but thanks for making sure i was wrong though
Spaulding97 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 7th, 2006, 12:06 AM   #98
kirkunit
Non-Development Nazi

Likes (Received): 1

I don't know how you missed this guys but http://www.usaniagara.com/projects_display.asp?id=1
is as good as your going to do in NF USA right now and in the forseeable future. It's in the heart of downtown and apparently offers views of the falls. Not sure what your willing to pay though gmb, as these apartments are described as "luxuary". In this region though that only means ~ $1000/month. Hope this helps.

kirkunit no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 7th, 2006, 12:08 AM   #99
kirkunit
Non-Development Nazi

Likes (Received): 1

Damn that pic is huge, sorry.
kirkunit no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 7th, 2006, 03:19 PM   #100
gmb

Kirkunit... thanks for the info. Do you know guys how far is Buffalo VA Hospital from NF/Lewiston & i just wanna know if the way going to the hospital is not affected by heavy snow? Are there any hospitals in NF/Lewiston or any nearer hospitals?