daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > City/Metro Compilations

City/Metro Compilations Help report active highrise/urban developments occurring in your city to the global SSC community.

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old January 8th, 2010, 02:08 AM   #261
Scion

Likes (Received): 4241

Baoneng Asia City

Located at the Junction of Longhua and Buji districts

Scion está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old January 8th, 2010, 02:09 AM   #262
Scion

Guangming District Arts Cultural and Sports Center

Old January 8th, 2010, 02:14 AM   #263
Scion

Masterplan for Gangxia CBD once those villages are demolished (sorry Zorg, looks like they won't built a super super tall east of the exhibition center to parallel the Ping'an tower ).

Old January 8th, 2010, 02:20 AM   #264
Scion

Diagram for the U/C Nanshan Houhai waterfront area

Old January 8th, 2010, 02:35 AM   #265
Scion

I still think the circular bridge for the central crystal island will turn out bad both aesthetically and in practical terms.

They should have stuck with one of their earliest designs...

Old January 8th, 2010, 02:48 AM   #266
Scion

Huaqiangbei Lu, Shenzhen's premier electronics district, right under the SEG Plaza will get a makeover.

Old January 8th, 2010, 04:42 AM   #267
hkskyline
Hong Kong

Likes (Received): 17799

I thought SEG Plaza had an observation deck. Is that true?

World Photo Gallery - | St. Petersburg, Russia | Pyongyang | Tokyo | Istanbul | Dubai | Shanghai | Mumbai | Bangkok | Sydney

New York, London, Prague, Iceland, Rocky Mountains, Angkor Wat, Sri Lanka, Poland, Myanmar, and much more!
hkskyline no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 8th, 2010, 05:16 AM   #268
Tom_Green
Dr.Med. Tom Green

Likes (Received): 3401

Quote:
Originally Posted by hkskyline View Post
No >_<
Same as the CITIC Plaza. Very dissapointing.

Tom_Green está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old January 8th, 2010, 06:11 AM   #269
williamhou2005
Shenzhener

Likes (Received): 150

Scion,the Diagram you made on page 13 is amazing! I have been thinking of making one like that outlying all supertalls in SZ, and it is great to see you have already done a lot of work!

There are a lot of information on the diagram and it includes some but not all major completed projects and that could be confusing, I suggest you could improve it by

1. Reduce the information on your diagram (No Window of the World etc) and make one for 300m+ supertall projects only

2. Another one for major projects U/C and approved only, including all 200m+/200m~, major sports venues, new air port expansion, major new museums/gallerys, major masterplans(like Baoan, Dachong), but excluding any proposal that is not likely to get built (namely the 368m and 600m tower), that should give us a clear view of how much construction work is really going on in the city and what projects we are really expecting to see in the next few years...
williamhou2005 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 8th, 2010, 06:14 AM   #270
williamhou2005
Shenzhener

Quote:
Originally Posted by hkskyline View Post
That is true, I have been there Its entrance is at the side of SEG Plaza, not that easy to find though. It may offer better view than Shun Hing, because you can view both Luohu and the Futian CBD, and it is closer to the Futian CBD
Old January 8th, 2010, 11:16 AM   #271
hkskyline
Hong Kong

Quote:
Originally Posted by williamhou2005 View Post
That is true, I have been there Its entrance is at the side of SEG Plaza, not that easy to find though. It may offer better view than Shun Hing, because you can view both Luohu and the Futian CBD, and it is closer to the Futian CBD
Ah OK ... I hope one day Futian would also have one. Noticed quite a lot of newer but not as tall buildings just south of city hall.

World Photo Gallery - | St. Petersburg, Russia | Pyongyang | Tokyo | Istanbul | Dubai | Shanghai | Mumbai | Bangkok | Sydney

New York, London, Prague, Iceland, Rocky Mountains, Angkor Wat, Sri Lanka, Poland, Myanmar, and much more!
Old January 8th, 2010, 11:41 PM   #272
Scion

Quote:
1. make one for 300m+ supertall projects only

2. Another one for major projects U/C and approved only, including all 200m+/200m~, major sports venues, new air port expansion, major new museums/gallerys, major masterplans(like Baoan, Dachong), but excluding any proposal that is not likely to get built (namely the 368m and 600m tower), that should give us a clear view of how much construction work is really going on in the city and what projects we are really expecting to see in the next few years...
Thanks William! I like your second idea, I'll get to it once I have enough free time. I probably won't do one for supertalls only because the map will be very empty.
Old January 9th, 2010, 09:18 AM   #273
der Reisender

Likes (Received): 6

Quote:
Could you explain how to find the observation deck? I've tried in the past with little success
der Reisender no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 11th, 2010, 02:11 AM   #274
Tom_Green
Dr.Med. Tom Green

Likes (Received): 3401

Quote:
Originally Posted by der Reisender View Post
Could you explain how to find the observation deck? I've tried in the past with little success
Me too >_<

Tom_Green está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old January 11th, 2010, 04:02 AM   #275
YannSZ
Shenzhen !

Likes (Received): 1159

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scion View Post
Diagram for the U/C Nanshan Houhai waterfront area
Hello Scion, do you have higher resolution pictures for the NanShan Houhai waterfront / Leisure Belt.
YannSZ no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 11th, 2010, 07:10 AM   #276
Scion

Sorry don't have higher resolution. There is a diagram showing the correct stadium design.

Last edited by Scion; January 11th, 2010 at 08:28 AM.
Old January 18th, 2010, 06:26 PM   #277
hkskyline
Hong Kong

Poor find they're better off calling slums home
16 January 2010
South China Morning Post

When Luo Yuanchang travels to work every day, he passes a string of luxury housing compounds that he could only dream of living in.

When you earn 2,000 yuan (HK$2,270) per month, swimming pools, tennis courts and clubhouse facilities are unthinkable, so the 38-year-old was content to find something near his workplace in Nansha district , close to Shekou port.

His budget doesn't stretch far, given the continued property boom, so he and his wife live in one of Shenzhen's many slums. It's dirty, cramped and liable to be bulldozed at any time - but it is still home.

The office clerk is among tens of thousands in Shenzhen on low incomes who are eligible for public housing, but this does not interest him.

More than half of the 26,800 affordable homes built last year stand empty, according to the city's housing and construction bureau, a figure causing plenty of head scratching at a time of rising economic disparity. However, the low take-up in Shenzhen is mirrored across the country, and is a symptom of a fundamental conflict for local officials that pits financial gain against public welfare.

Real estate development is one of the most important contributors to state coffers, not to mention the pockets of officials themselves. Much of the best land in cities is found in the slums on the edge of fast-expanding downtown areas. But the slums are home to people like Luo, who have benefited the least from the economic boom.

Public housing seems a perfect solution but, as Shenzhen proves, its execution leaves a lot to be desired.

Many of the new low-cost housing developments in Shenzhen are more than two hours away from downtown areas by public transport, meaning it would actually be quicker to commute from Guangzhou.

And no shortcut is spared in construction, resulting in abysmal quality standards and potential danger. Residents of one new compound staged a protest after huge holes began appearing in the walls within months of them moving in. The brother of ousted mayor, Xu Zongheng , was linked with the development.

"They are just white-elephant projects," Luo said. "Assembly workers live in dormitories, and those working in the city centre would never want to travel four hours each day. The price difference is offset by transport costs."

While public housing is undesirable, regular housing just gets more unaffordable.

The numbers are staggering: the average price of a new home rose from 11,000 to 28,000 yuan per square metre last year, according to the city's planning and land resource committee. In 2006, the average price was 7,000 yuan.

Income has failed to keep pace. According to data from Shenzhen's statistics bureau, the average monthly wage rose 12 per cent to 3,621 yuan last year. In the sweatshops, earnings are stuck in the 1,000 to 1,500 yuan bracket.

Last weekend, the State Council issued a directive that reiterated the need to build low-cost housing to prevent a bubble that could damage social stability. Shenzhen party boss, Liu Yupu , immediately vowed to double supply.

This year, Shenzhen will build 22,300 low-cost apartments, but almost all are in distant suburbs. The average rent is low, but not significantly lower than the slums.

Analysts believe regional authorities are caught between following the central government's orders and maintaining the lucrative real estate frenzy.

Local governments generated 1.5 trillion yuan from land sales last year, nearly 5 per cent of China's gross domestic product. Construction, steel, home furnishings and many other sectors are heavily reliant on the real estate boom. And with low interest rates and official encouragement of bank lending, about one-sixth of the country's nearly 10 trillion yuan in new loans last year flowed into the property sector.

In Shenzhen, the local government earned 13.6 billion yuan from land sales last year, or 15 per cent of total revenue.

"Shenzhen doesn't have the determination to build enough affordable housing for the low-income groups," said researcher Song Ding , from the Shenzhen-based China Development Institute.

Song suggested the city turn slums into affordable new housing so struggling families could continue to live in central locations with low transport costs. But with so little financial incentive to do this, the likes of Luo, the office clerk, should start preparing for a long commute when the wrecking ball swings.

Old January 25th, 2010, 11:00 AM   #278
williamhou2005
Shenzhener

Quote:
Originally Posted by der Reisender View Post
I searched on Google and found that the observation deck has closed several months ago due to lack of customers...

It's true people don't usually think of visiting there, and the building itself doesn't look like a tourist attraction...

http://szhome.oeeee.com/a/20090717/261325.html
Old February 9th, 2010, 01:07 PM   #279
Scion

Design for one of the towers surrounding the Stock Exchange building
By Austrian architect Hans Hollein
~200m

http://sz.focus.cn/news/2010-01-25/846553.html

Last edited by Scion; February 9th, 2010 at 01:13 PM.
Old February 13th, 2010, 10:39 AM   #280
YannSZ
Shenzhen !

Likes (Received): 1159

Shenzhen NanShan Stadium - Taken on 12th of february

Good advancement on one of the stadium that will open for Shenzhen Universiade in 2011!
image hosted on flickr

image hosted on flickr

image hosted on flickr
YannSZ no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
shenzhen