daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > City/Metro Compilations

City/Metro Compilations Help report active highrise/urban developments occurring in your city to the global SSC community.

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old September 17th, 2010, 11:20 AM   #341
Scion

Likes (Received): 4252

Green Beauty
208m
High rise farms

http://video.sina.com.cn/p/news/s/v/...161142043.html

Scion no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old September 28th, 2010, 11:00 PM   #342
Ŝróndeimr
Adventurous!

Likes (Received): 2264

I've been adding a lot of Shenzhen project on Urbika in order to get the best possible overview. Everyone can easily join and add/edit the database as they want to, so that's why i mention this here. Check the site out (its made by SSC'ers). Click: urbika.com/shenzhen

Map:
[IMG]http://i51.************/7306y9.jpg[/IMG]

Lists:
[IMG]http://i51.************/2ytusg1.jpg[/IMG]
Ŝróndeimr no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 30th, 2010, 06:06 AM   #343
Celebriton

Likes (Received): 481

They will not build the Logistic City tower. It's just an imagination and wasting of money.
Celebriton no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 30th, 2010, 09:29 PM   #344
Ŝróndeimr
Adventurous!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celebriton View Post
They will not build the Logistic City tower. It's just an imagination and wasting of money.
That is why its status is listed as concept/study. Such projects are never ment to be a real proposal, everyone should know that.
Old October 26th, 2010, 06:36 AM   #345
mthmchris

Likes (Received): 52

I've got a couple questions.

First, does anyone know what's being built in the huge area that the government demolished in Xiasha? Also, are there further plans to demolish and 're-develop' Xiasha or was it only that one section near Binhai Highway?

Secondly, does anyone know what's being planned for the area between Central Walk and the Convention Center to the south? I know the 'Shenzhen Eye' is being built to the North of Central Walk (presumably after they complete Futian Station?), but to the south it appears like there's no activity, only the remnants of a half-built mall.

Thirdly, next to the Sheraton in Futian, there was that big swath of land that used to be Gangxia that got bulldozed for redevelopment. I remember seeing one render of what they were planning on doing with that plot (looked like something similar to Soho in Beijing's Guomao), but it didn't appear that (1) the plans were definite and (2) that it would take up the whole plot. What's going on there?

Fourthly, is the Terra Tower in Che Gong Miao being built? Over at Gaoloumi it seemed like the sentiment was that it was indeed going to get built. If it's for sure, are they still going with that goofy cone design?

Lastly, does anyone know what're the plans for Huanggangcun? I saw one piece over here in SkyscraperCity that appeared like they were going to demolish all of Huanggangcun and the vast majority of Shuiweicun. I live in the area, and everyone in Shuiwei says that there's no plans for redevelopment in Shuiwei. Around Huanggangcun, I've heard mixed messages. My pet theory is that there will be a portion of Huangangcun redeveloped (in the mold of Xiasha, likely right along Binhai Highway and surrounding the empty buildings on Jintian Road) rather than a complete demolition akin to Gangxia. Does anyone have any news on this?

Thanks!

EDIT: After some investigative work, I think I've uncovered at least part of the answer for the third question. It appears that there's going to be at least one skyscraper erected on the south west corner of that road - a 240m tall office building built by 中国南方电网 called 鼎和大厦. Link here - it's from around June. Sorry in advance if I've misunderstood any of it - my reading ability in Chinese is pretty terrible.

On a side note, does anyone else think that Futian CBD would be well served with some residential real estate projects? I worry that some of the CBDs in China will end up being as dead at night as (e.g. my hometown) Pittsburgh's downtown is.
"It may be that we have become so feckless as a people that we no longer care how things do work, but only what kind of quick, easy outer impression they give. If so, there is little hope for our cities or probably for much else in our society. But I do not think this is so."

Last edited by mthmchris; October 26th, 2010 at 07:23 AM.
mthmchris no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 27th, 2010, 01:07 PM   #346
Scion

Hey Chris, I'll try to answer them as best as I can. Most of these answers are sourced from gaoloumi so there can be mistakes, so sorry about that hehe!

1. Xiasha

Yes those demolished areas will be replaced with new residential apartments and shiny officer towers. The tallest planned is a 180m hotel. Here are some LQ renders and models

Old October 27th, 2010, 01:20 PM   #347
Scion

2. between Central Walk and Convention

Yes there is a half built shopping mall there. The mall is called IA Mall 晶岛国际购物中心. The developer of that mall (S.Z.I.E. 深国商) ran into serious financial problems, so the half built mall is just gonna sit there incomplete. Until they or another developer source enough funds to finish the project.

Official site for the mall: http://www.sziamall.com/en/index.html

Old October 27th, 2010, 01:35 PM   #348
Scion

3. Gangxia

Yes there are only masterplans for Gangxia so far, no individual tower designs have been released to the public. Yes the masterplans do look like Beijing Soho. Generally there won't be any superstall in Gangxia, unless the planning guys wanted symmetrical balance to Ping An. 鼎和大厦 is enclosed within Fuhua 3 Lu, Zhongxin 6 Lu and Jintian Lu so it's not technically part of the Gangxia masterplan.

Anyway here are 2 of the masterplans drawn up for the area:

Old October 27th, 2010, 01:41 PM   #349
Scion

4. Terra Tower

No, the 250m+ cone shaped tower will not be built. This is what they are building instead:

5. Huanggang

I don't have anymore info on top of what you've already read in that thread

Hope that helps!
Old November 2nd, 2010, 05:27 AM   #350
YannSZ
Shenzhen !

Likes (Received): 1159

Shenzhen Guosen Securities Tower by Massimiliano and Doriana Fuksas

I don't know the exact location of this tower. Any idea?

The full information on dezeen.com here.

Last edited by YannSZ; November 2nd, 2010 at 05:28 AM. Reason: Missing link
YannSZ no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 2nd, 2010, 05:30 AM   #351
YannSZ
Shenzhen !

NFU and SZU Advanced Technology Park / Jaeger and Partner Architects + sa_i

Shenzhen based Jaeger and Partner Architects, Ltd. and Chicago based saltans architects intl, ltd have collaborated on the winning design solution for the NanFanG University of Science & Technology and New Shenzhen University Technology Park.

More info here.

Old November 2nd, 2010, 05:42 AM   #352
mthmchris

Scion, thanks for all the info.

They really need to do something about that "rotten tail" across from Central Walk. Really sorta ruins that whole area...
"It may be that we have become so feckless as a people that we no longer care how things do work, but only what kind of quick, easy outer impression they give. If so, there is little hope for our cities or probably for much else in our society. But I do not think this is so."
Old November 2nd, 2010, 06:00 AM   #353
mthmchris

YannSZ,

It looks like the Guosen Securities Building is being built in the swath of land across from 购物公园.

Here they say that it's going to be between "Mintian Lu" and "Fuhua Lu". Now, I don't know if they mean 福华一路 or 福华二路, but if I'm not mistaken the China Merchants Securities Building is already being built at the corner of 福华一路 (cattycorner from the Marco Polo Building), so I'm going to deduce that the building you're referring to is going to be at the corner of 福华二路, cattycorner from the Starbucks in Coco Park and across the street from Lili Marleen.

I'm liking how that block is shaping up. I really enjoy the design you linked to, as well as the China Merchants Securities building.
Old November 3rd, 2010, 11:12 PM   #354
Ŝróndeimr
Adventurous!

The building is located on the corner of Mintian Rd and Fuhua Rd (not Fuhua 1st Rd, thats where China Merchants Securities Building is located).

I've uploaded info, and bigger renderings + map showing the exact location on Urbika, http://urbika.com/projects/view/4111...-securities-to

[IMG]http://i55.************/15s4lfo.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i52.************/ieqrkl.jpg[/IMG]
Old November 6th, 2010, 02:21 PM   #355
z0rg
fok julle naaiers

Likes (Received): 15914

Is that true that Vanke plans a 300m+ tower in Nanshan? I couldn't find any info.

More than 300 supertall projects on going in China.
z0rg no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 11th, 2010, 01:17 PM   #356
hkskyline
Hong Kong

Likes (Received): 17804

Shenzhen's Qianhai - partner or rival for Hong Kong?
8 November 2010
SCMP

On a dusty 15-square-kilometre construction site in Shekou , Shenzhen, the foundations have been laid for what has been billed to become "the Central of Shenzhen" or "the Manhattan of the Pearl River Delta".

Shenzhen authorities have loftier ambitions than building high-rises and metro lines in the district. Numerous co-operative ventures with Hong Kong are in the pipeline that could see it become a rival financial centre in the Pearl River Delta.

Chief Secretary Henry Tang Ying-yen in July last year was among the first to say Qianhai had potential to be the "Central of Shenzhen".

A month later, Chief Executive Donald Tsang Yam-kuen sought to ease concerns that development of Qianhai - with financial services to be one of the pillar industries - would pose a threat to Hong Kong by saying: "Even the Qianhai reclamation work has not been completed yet."

A year on, the reclamation and site formation are done. Workers are busy on projects such as the Qianhai metro station with a property development above it. The extension of Shenzhen's first metro line, with a stop in Qianhai, is expected to start operation next month.

According to its blueprint, the municipal government will invest 40 billion yuan (HK$46.5 billion) in the next three years to develop service industries such as finance, logistics, professional services, communications and the media as well as hi-tech industry. Its confidence in the development of Qianhai, one of the last plots of undeveloped land in the special economic zone, is built on the status granted to the area by the central government.

Shenzhen Mayor Xu Qin has said the gross domestic product of Qianhai will reach 150 billion yuan in 2020, more than a third of the present figure for the entire city.

The National Development and Reform Commission issued a circular two weeks ago saying Qianhai would have the same power to manage its economy as cities "specially designated in the state plan", meaning it will have the economic autonomy of a province. Currently there are five such mainland cities - Dalian , Qingdao , Shenzhen, Ningbo and Xiamen .

Dr Fang Zhou, assistant chief research officer at the One Country Two Systems Research Institute in Hong Kong, said Qianhai's special status would put Shenzhen in a better position to seek preferential treatment for it in areas such as approval for foreign investment and fiscal policies. "Shenzhen authorities' strategy is to team up with Hong Kong to fight for favours for Qianhai," he said.

The State Council has also designated Qianhai as a "Hong Kong-Shenzhen modern service industries co-operation zone".

The governments of Hong Kong and Shenzhen are discussing how to capitalise on Hong Kong's strength in financial services, trade and logistics to pave the way for development of service industries in the zone.

Beneath the hype lies the fact that Qianhai will be used as a testing ground for initiatives that have not been tried in other mainland cities.

Options being considered by Shenzhen officials and academics for Qianhai include allowing Hong Kong's offshore financial institutions and arbitration institutions to set up branches in Qianhai, a pilot scheme for free convertibility of the yuan, and introduction of salaries and profits taxes much lower than elsewhere on the mainland.

Fang, who has exchanged views with Shenzhen officials on development of Qianhai, said Shenzhen authorities were seeking consent from central government departments to cut profits tax for companies investing in Qianhai to about 20 cent, compared to 25 per cent for firms elsewhere on the mainland. Hong Kong's profits tax is 16.5 per cent.

"The Shenzhen government also hopes to cut the rate of salaries tax to about 20 per cent to raise its appeal to talent from Hong Kong and overseas," he said. The standard rate of salary tax in Hong Kong is 15 per cent.

Fang said Shenzhen's expectation of the development of Qianhai went beyond providing support services, such as data centres for financial institutions, for Hong Kong's service industries. "Instead, Shenzhen wants to woo top talent in service industries from Hong Kong to develop high-end service industries in Qianhai. In this sense, Qianhai will compete with Hong Kong in the development of service industries," he said.

The planned 50-kilometre, 20-minute rail link between Hong Kong and Shenzhen airports will have a stop in Qianhai. The Hong Kong International Arbitration Centre said it would be interested in expanding services to the mainland.

An official with Shenzhen's Urban Planning, Land and Resources Commission, which oversees development of Qianhai, said it was pressing ahead with preparatory work. Guo Wanda, vice-president of the Shenzhen-based China Development Institute, said there was "plenty of room for imagination" for the development of Qianhai.

"I believe Qianhai will enjoy greater flexibility in areas such as the tax system and flow of currency," he said.

The Qianhai Management Authority, established in April, was modelled on statutory bodies in Hong Kong that enjoyed great flexibility and autonomy, Guo said. "It would be a good idea to invite Hong Kong officials or professionals to serve as members," he said.

Tsang said in his policy address his government would work with Shenzhen to encourage the local trades to seize opportunities arising from Qianhai's development.

A spokesman for the Constitutional and Mainland Affairs Bureau said the Shenzhen authorities were responsible for the development and management of Qianhai, while Hong Kong would serve as an adviser.

National People's Congress Hong Kong deputy Priscilla Lau Pui-king said Qianhai had a long way to go to become a mature financial centre. Fang agreed: "Given Hong Kong's advantage in the rule of law and free flow of capital, it is difficult for Qianhai to emulate Hong Kong in the development of service industries."

World Photo Gallery - | St. Petersburg, Russia | Pyongyang | Tokyo | Istanbul | Dubai | Shanghai | Mumbai | Bangkok | Sydney

New York, London, Prague, Iceland, Rocky Mountains, Angkor Wat, Sri Lanka, Poland, Myanmar, and much more!
hkskyline no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 12th, 2010, 05:20 AM   #357
deepblue01

Likes (Received): 66

"the Manhattan of the Pearl River Delta"
Sounds really stupid, hopefully more supertalls will be built around that area. So when they say Central Shenzhen, does that mean it will be the new central CBD of Shenzhen?
deepblue01 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 12th, 2010, 05:25 AM   #358
YannSZ
Shenzhen !

you're right.
And I don't really understand why they want to do a financial center in QianHai when they've invested so much to make FuTian district the financial center of Shenzhen.
Old November 12th, 2010, 08:25 AM   #359
Geography

Likes (Received): 103

They must think there is enough high finance to go around. Considering how big the Pearl River Delta is in terms of populations and economy, that is not unreasonable. New York City's financial district is pretty much all of Manhattan which is larger than Futian District, and NYC isn't even the only financial center in the U.S. There are also Chicago, Charlotte, Dallas, San Francisco, and Kansas City.
Geography no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 13th, 2010, 04:42 AM   #360
Pansori
planquadrat

Likes (Received): 6859

Quote:
Originally Posted by YannSZ View Post
you're right.
And I don't really understand why they want to do a financial center in QianHai when they've invested so much to make FuTian district the financial center of Shenzhen.
I guess it's simply to distribute the centers into different geographical locations to ease traffic congestion and take a more sustainable approach to transport in general. It is easier to build and manage infrastructure dedicated to connecting a number of separate centers rather than infrastructure leading to a single center from all directions. This makes very good sense in densely populated areas. Look at the Netherlands or Germany's Ruhr/Rhein region: instead of having a single massive center they have many smaller centers which are all very well inter-connected with roads and railways yet are not as congested as a single large center would be. Therefore Qian Hai Water City is a prime example of wise and sustainable planning.

Same approach will sooner or later have to be implemented in Shanghai, Beijing and other large cities if they want to avoid over-growing.
Pansori no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
shenzhen