daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > City/Metro Compilations

City/Metro Compilations Help report active highrise/urban developments occurring in your city to the global SSC community.

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old March 8th, 2012, 07:41 AM   #521
Ribarca

Likes (Received): 3273

Quote:
Originally Posted by mthmchris View Post
I've lived for a while in China, and Shenzhen's smog is pretty much the least bad of any major Chinese city I've been to. While Shenzhen/Hong Kong have their bad days, it pales in comparison to Beijing.

A bad day pollution-wise in Shenzhen is when I can't see the Hong Kong side of Shenzhen Bay from my office building.

A bad day pollution-wise in Beijing is when I can't see across the street from my office building.
True. I have had similar experiences in Shanghai. Still the air quality in Hong Kong and Shenzen has lot of room for improvement. It seems they are finally taking action now. Moving factories further out and in the case of Hong Kong there will be strict rules on cleaner cars.

Hong Kong by Xavibarca, www.xavibarca.com
Ribarca no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old March 8th, 2012, 07:52 AM   #522
YannSZ
Shenzhen !

Likes (Received): 1159

Shenzhen now is the city in the world with the most 100% electric taxis, the biggest 100% electric and hybrid bus fleet.
They kick further out polluting industries and try to keep only non polluting inside the city (this only shift the pollution problem further though...).
They impose higher and higher fines for polluting industries.
The creation and huge extension of the metro network should help too. They've implemented huge water cleaning stations so that the rivers become transparent (I've seen it, it works on some of them!).
There is indeed still a long way to go but it's going in the right direction.
ShenzhenVille Instagram account: @ShenzhenVille

TowerVerre:) liked this post
YannSZ no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 8th, 2012, 05:25 PM   #523
hkskyline
Hong Kong

Likes (Received): 17827

Moving the polluting factories further inland won't improve the delta's air quality much. The pollution blows eastwards and southwards towards the coast. It may be diluted but I doubt that means the skies will suddenly become blue.

World Photo Gallery - | St. Petersburg, Russia | Pyongyang | Tokyo | Istanbul | Dubai | Shanghai | Mumbai | Bangkok | Sydney

New York, London, Prague, Iceland, Rocky Mountains, Angkor Wat, Sri Lanka, Poland, Myanmar, and much more!
hkskyline no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 12th, 2012, 08:21 PM   #524
hkskyline
Hong Kong

Road landscaping project launches
2012-March-12 08:53
Shenzhen Daily

SHENZHEN is scheduled to launch a road landscaping project today, which is national Tree-Planting Day.

The city government plans to invest 610 million yuan (US$97 million) in planting trees and flowers on the sides of 19 highways, major roads and railways in the next eight years, according to the city’s urban management administration.

The project will help create 19 ecological landscaping belts, or greenways, that would total 461 kilometers.

According to the plan, 2012 could include completion of 100 kilometers of demonstration belts on roadways including Guangzhou-Shenzhen Expressway, Nanguang Expressway, Shenzhen-Shantou Expressway and Qingping Expressway. Completion of the demonstration belts is estimated to cost the government 150 million yuan.

The city government has made a principle to plant more local and flowering trees instead of expensive, nonnative trees. Each belt will feature different varieties of trees.

In addition, the government will encourage local residents’ involvement in the project. District governments are encouraged to diversify revenue sources for the project by inviting funding from private enterprises and individuals.

City and district officials are scheduled to join a voluntary tree-planting activity after today’s project-launching ceremony at the South University of Science and Technology of China (SUSTC) in Nanshan District’s Xili neighborhood.

More than 4,700 trees of 42 varieties will be planted on the campus as part of a landscaping belt along Nanping Expressway.

The city’s road landscaping project is part of provincial plans to complete 23 ecological landscaping belts totaling 10,000 kilometers within nine years, according to the Shenzhen administration. The provincial plans began on a pilot basis last year.

World Photo Gallery - | St. Petersburg, Russia | Pyongyang | Tokyo | Istanbul | Dubai | Shanghai | Mumbai | Bangkok | Sydney

New York, London, Prague, Iceland, Rocky Mountains, Angkor Wat, Sri Lanka, Poland, Myanmar, and much more!
Old March 16th, 2012, 04:40 AM   #525
YannSZ
Shenzhen !

Any rendering on this project ?

Shenzhen Daily - March 16th:

Quote:
Nanyou renovation

THE decades-old Nanyou Building will be dismantled and a 325-meter, twin-tower building will be erected at the site, according to Nanshan District’s construction plans.

The twin-tower building is touted as a new landmark that will offer high-end services, shopping and leisure for residents, with 1,000 parking spaces.
Old March 16th, 2012, 06:09 PM   #526
hkskyline
Hong Kong

Officials lay out Longhua plans
2012-March-15 08:53
Shenzhen Daily

THE 19-km Meiguan Expressway that links downtown Futian with Longhua New Zone, Longgang and Bao’an districts soon will be toll free, which is just one of many developments planned in coming years for Longhua New Zone, officials said Tuesday.

The expressway will be turned into a city trunk road and the 38-square-km area along the expressway will be renovated through landscaping projects, officials said.

Lu Yi, Party chief of Longhua New Zone, outlined the zone’s major plans for the next five years during a Tuesday meeting.

The new zone is trying to extend the Metro’s Longhua Line to Guanlan to improve the commercial and environmental attractiveness of the area, while turning the 11-km Guanlan River into an ecological, cultural and recreational corridor through renovation projects.

The 5-square-km area around Shenzhen North Railway Station will become Longhua’s urban core and the 3-square-km area around Hengkeng Reservoir will become the new zone’s science and culture center.

The district will also build four industrial bases for automobile manufacturing, low-carbon industries and cultural enterprises.

“Longhua is planning 200 billion yuan (US$32 billion) of investments in the next five years to become a high-standard, booming region. The GDP will increase 100 billion yuan by 2015,” Lu said.

Longhua’s 2011 GDP is expected to reach 122 billion yuan, accounting for 10 percent of Shenzhen’s total. The zone is planning to invest 3 billion yuan in 150 projects this year, including traffic improvements, new bus stops, schools and hospitals.

Old March 20th, 2012, 04:42 AM   #527
YannSZ
Shenzhen !

SZdaily - March 20th

Quote:
Luohu eyes 666-meter high-rise

Han Ximin

LUOHU District officials are considering urban renovation plans that include a 666-meter skyscraper, which would be the tallest building in China, along with a low-rise that would match horizontally what the skyscraper would achieve vertically.

The Shenzhen branch of the China Academy of Urban Planning and Design is designing the massive project.

“The design is a combination of a skyscraper and a low-rise complex, connected by urban corridors. It could actually save space and land for Luohu development,” the academy’s director, surnamed Wang, said yesterday.

The skyscraper would be located in the Caiwuwei financial and commercial area and developed by Kingkey Group, which developed the 441.8-meter Kingkey 100, the tallest building in Shenzhen and third-tallest on the Chinese mainland.

The world’s tallest building, by far, is the nearly 830-meter Burj Khalifa in Dubai.

Luohu’s planned skyscraper would tower over Shenzhen and dominate one of the city’s most densely populated and expensive areas.

Caiwuwei covers 368,000 square meters in Luohu and is bordered by the Mixc shopping center to the east, Hongling Road to the west, Binhe Road to the south and Hongbao Road to the north. Luohu officials plan to turn Caiwuwei into a globally known fashion and culture center through the urban renovations.

District officials plan to invest 100 billion yuan (US$16 billion) in the next five years to renovate five major areas: Caiwuwei, Sungang-Qingshuihe, Shuibei-Buxin, Shennandong and Liantang. The total of 48 renovation projects would add 7.5 million square meters of commercial and industrial space.

In Caiwuwei, plans include renovations of landmark buildings including Shenzhen Grand Theater and nearby hotels.

Luohu officials are planning to add 15 million square meters of development space, largely through urban renovations, in the next 10 years.
http://szdaily.sznews.com/html/2012-...nt_1969915.htm
Old March 20th, 2012, 05:32 AM   #528
italiano_pellicano
BANNED

Likes (Received): 2010

Amazing Projects
italiano_pellicano no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 20th, 2012, 07:14 AM   #529
DoubleU

Likes (Received): 413

Within this area they just have two limited sized blocks of villages to destroy. Not quite sure about their names. I have been there at the PingLe hospital which is right beside the bigger village. Actually this village appears to be, e.g. compared to ShuiWei/HuangGang Cun, much nicer and cleaner. Sure doesn't mean anything as I love this place and there are much more people living there. Also west of MixC, opposite the street, is a newer shopping center with a Carrefour in there, right?

Well, let's see what's gonna happen over there.
DoubleU no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 20th, 2012, 07:41 AM   #530
hkskyline
Hong Kong

What kinds of companies are occupying these new office spaces? Kingkey is partially hotel but I think the rest of it is commercial. I read that Guangzhou's new CBD is not being geared towards financial companies, but other industries. Was wondering whether Shenzhen is also seeing the same type of clientele, although there is a local stock exchange.

Old March 20th, 2012, 11:55 AM   #531
Julito-dubai
Yes We Can !

Location: Nanjing (CN), Beijing (CN), Braunschweig (GER), Dubai (UAE)
Likes (Received): 254

Quote:
Originally Posted by YannSZ View Post
[IMG]http://i40.************/2iav2h2.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i39.************/2q9z5ht.jpg[/IMG]

this is from gaoloumi.com

- Your man for special investigative tasks in the Yangtse River Delta ! -

Three things I am following on the Internet:

- Skyscraper Construction in China
- Developing Story of Andrea Rossi and the Ecat. A new technology to produce heat and electricity through a new nuclear process called LENR
- Discovery of Extrasolar Planets
Julito-dubai no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 20th, 2012, 01:06 PM   #532
Pansori
planquadrat

Likes (Received): 6863

Is 666 a lucky number in China?
Pansori no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 20th, 2012, 02:40 PM   #533
Myster E

Likes (Received): 73

I know that 4 is an unlucky number meaning death, in cantonese 64 sounds like being burnt to death.
Myster E no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 20th, 2012, 08:49 PM   #534
mthmchris

Likes (Received): 52

Ah... let's hope this one doesn't come through. Caowuwei is a great area, and helps balance out the sterility and blandness of the MixC shopping complex quite nicely.

Honestly, for the life of me I don't see why they can't target those lifeless old commie blocks across the canal, instead of such a lively area rife with street life. Such is China, I suppose.

In any event, the "Grand" Theatre is ripe for renovation, and I suppose we'd get over it if Caowuwei is replaced by a 666m tower. That said, what's next? The old district around Hubei/Dongmen (the last remnants of Shenzhen, before it became Shenzhen)? Shuiwei? Baishilong? These are the best areas of the city, oases in a barely walkable tangle of highways, fenced in highrise residences, and skyscraper-in-park developments...
"It may be that we have become so feckless as a people that we no longer care how things do work, but only what kind of quick, easy outer impression they give. If so, there is little hope for our cities or probably for much else in our society. But I do not think this is so."
mthmchris no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 21st, 2012, 05:16 AM   #535
DoubleU

Activity at 1A mall. Taken this morning (March 21) by me.

Does anyone know when it's supposed to be open?

image hosted on flickr

image hosted on flickr

image hosted on flickr

image hosted on flickr

image hosted on flickr

image hosted on flickr
Old March 21st, 2012, 06:05 AM   #536
YannSZ
Shenzhen !

Quote:
Originally Posted by mthmchris View Post
Ah... let's hope this one doesn't come through. Caowuwei is a great area, and helps balance out the sterility and blandness of the MixC shopping complex quite nicely.

Honestly, for the life of me I don't see why they can't target those lifeless old commie blocks across the canal, instead of such a lively area rife with street life. Such is China, I suppose.

In any event, the "Grand" Theatre is ripe for renovation, and I suppose we'd get over it if Caowuwei is replaced by a 666m tower. That said, what's next? The old district around Hubei/Dongmen (the last remnants of Shenzhen, before it became Shenzhen)? Shuiwei? Baishilong? These are the best areas of the city, oases in a barely walkable tangle of highways, fenced in highrise residences, and skyscraper-in-park developments...
Totally agree. If they get rid of all these old villages Shenzhen will lose its soul.
Old March 21st, 2012, 10:10 AM   #537
Julito-dubai
Yes We Can !

Location: Nanjing (CN), Beijing (CN), Braunschweig (GER), Dubai (UAE)
Likes (Received): 254

We should open a new thread for this 666 metres tower as it is a valid proposal (maybe even approved)

- Your man for special investigative tasks in the Yangtse River Delta ! -

Three things I am following on the Internet:

- Skyscraper Construction in China
- Developing Story of Andrea Rossi and the Ecat. A new technology to produce heat and electricity through a new nuclear process called LENR
- Discovery of Extrasolar Planets
Julito-dubai no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 22nd, 2012, 05:37 AM   #538
DoubleU

Taken yesterday (March 21) afternoon by me

"Sinosafe Insurance Tower" (left) & "No.1 Venture Buidling" (right), 100m, Futian CBD, West of Gouwugongyuan

image hosted on flickr
Old March 22nd, 2012, 09:06 AM   #539
DoubleU

Taken today (March 22) by me

"Sinosafe Insurance Tower" (back) & "No.1 Venture Buidling" (front)

image hosted on flickr

image hosted on flickr
Old March 22nd, 2012, 04:09 PM   #540
mthmchris

Likes (Received): 52

I'm actually working with IA, training their mall staff. They're set on a June soft opening, barring any delays.
"It may be that we have become so feckless as a people that we no longer care how things do work, but only what kind of quick, easy outer impression they give. If so, there is little hope for our cities or probably for much else in our society. But I do not think this is so."
mthmchris no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
shenzhen