daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > City/Metro Compilations

City/Metro Compilations Help report active highrise/urban developments occurring in your city to the global SSC community.

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old May 26th, 2014, 08:27 PM   #961
hkskyline
Hong Kong

Likes (Received): 17832

Metro Line 6 investors confirmed
2014-May-23 08:53
Shenzhen Daily

SHENZHEN Metro, HKMTR and China Construction Group Corp. will set up a company to invest in and operate Shenzhen’s Metro Line 6, the construction of which will start this year, Shenzhen’s rail construction office said.

The Metro project, which will run about 38 kilometers and stop at 20 stations, is estimated to cost 14.9 billion yuan (US$2.42 billion).

Parts of the line will run on elevated bridges as a cost-saving measure, the rail construction office said. The construction cost of elevated bridges runs about one-third to half the cost of underground projects. According to the initial plan, the elevated sections will be 31.43 kilometers long and the underground sections will be 6.44 kilometers.

Linking Songgang in Bao’an District and Shenzhen North Railway Station in Longhua New Area, the line will run along the less crowded areas outside the city’s CBD area.

Li Fumin, head of the rail construction office, said work on the extension of Metro Line 6 — 11.2 kilometers extending from Shenzhen North Railway Station to Science Museum Station in Futian District — will also commence this year.

The Metro Line 6 project is one of 80 projects that the National Development and Reform Commission has listed to encourage private companies to participate in the form of joint ventures, wholly owned entities or franchises.

Nearly one-third of the 80 projects involve traffic infrastructure, including a subway in Beijing and a railway linking Changchun to Inner Mongolia Autonomous Region.

World Photo Gallery - | St. Petersburg, Russia | Pyongyang | Tokyo | Istanbul | Dubai | Shanghai | Mumbai | Bangkok | Sydney

New York, London, Prague, Iceland, Rocky Mountains, Angkor Wat, Sri Lanka, Poland, Myanmar, and much more!
hkskyline no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old May 27th, 2014, 08:00 AM   #962
mthmchris

Likes (Received): 52

What are the stations planned for Line 6, Shenzhen North to Science Museum? On this map is has line 6 stopping at Baishilong.

"It may be that we have become so feckless as a people that we no longer care how things do work, but only what kind of quick, easy outer impression they give. If so, there is little hope for our cities or probably for much else in our society. But I do not think this is so."
mthmchris no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 3rd, 2014, 09:01 AM   #963
Faisal Shourov
Bleach lover

Likes (Received): 4250

Current height of U/C supertalls in Shenzhen (approx)

Ping An- 402m (61%), core at 86fl, total 115fl
Chang Fu Jin Mao- 243.5m (66%), 45fl completed, total 68fl
Riverfront Times Square- 225m (75%), 48fl completed, total 64fl
Hon Kwok- 205.5m (62.5%), 50fl completed, total 80fl
China Chenung- 27m (8%), 5fl completed, total 61fl

It's a race between the top 4, but from current pace looks like Riverfront Times square will be the first one to top out among the current U/C supertalls. Statiscally, Ping An is already the 2nd tallest building in Shenzhen. Riverfront Times Square has only 16 more floors to be built before it tops out. China Chenung is much behind the others in the race but it's growing fast itself

The rest have not risen above ground level yet

Planner Shenzhen, CP11, TowerVerre:) liked this post
Faisal Shourov no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 3rd, 2014, 12:04 PM   #964
lukahead6
lukahead6

Likes (Received): 262

Call me crazy but I have a feeling that China Chuneng will top out before Hon Kwok... Hon Kwok is taking for ever!

Munwon liked this post
lukahead6 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 3rd, 2014, 05:32 PM   #965
Munwon

Likes (Received): 3189

Quote:
Originally Posted by lukahead6 View Post
Call me crazy but I have a feeling that China Chuneng will top out before Hon Kwok... Hon Kwok is taking for ever!
Hon Kwok just has a strange structural system that slows it down. Nothing else like it in China so far.
Munwon no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 4th, 2014, 01:05 PM   #966
YannSZ
Shenzhen !

Likes (Received): 1159

Quote:
Originally Posted by mthmchris View Post
What are the stations planned for Line 6, Shenzhen North to Science Museum? On this map is has line 6 stopping at Baishilong.

Hi, can you give me a link for a big version of this map?
ShenzhenVille Instagram account: @ShenzhenVille
YannSZ no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 5th, 2014, 11:51 AM   #967
mthmchris

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Sh...o_Map-2030.png
"It may be that we have become so feckless as a people that we no longer care how things do work, but only what kind of quick, easy outer impression they give. If so, there is little hope for our cities or probably for much else in our society. But I do not think this is so."
Old June 5th, 2014, 12:23 PM   #968
YannSZ
Shenzhen !

Likes (Received): 1159

Thanks
ShenzhenVille Instagram account: @ShenzhenVille
YannSZ no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 5th, 2014, 12:27 PM   #969
Faisal Shourov
Bleach lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by YannSZ View Post
Thanks
Bro can you please confirm if Shum Yip Upperhill building is 400m or not? On Gaoloumi they say it's 400m+, but everywhere else it says 389m

eurico, Massive05 liked this post
Old June 6th, 2014, 01:12 AM   #970
Pansori
planquadrat

Likes (Received): 6863

Where exactly is this?
Pansori no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 6th, 2014, 11:01 PM   #971
Faisal Shourov
Bleach lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pansori View Post

Where exactly is this?
Huanggang Road, Northwest and Sun Gang Road Interchange (formerly SEG Hitachi plant)

Pansori liked this post
Old June 10th, 2014, 07:45 AM   #972
Joel que

Likes (Received): 42

I travel to shenzhen last april.I am surprise the intense security particular the present of X-ray scanner on every metro station.
likely link possible of act of terrorism by the islamist terrorist group.
Joel que no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 10th, 2014, 11:02 AM   #973
Pansori
planquadrat

Likes (Received): 6863

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joel que View Post
I travel to shenzhen last april.I am surprise the intense security particular the present of X-ray scanner on every metro station.
Are those X ray machines used nowadays? Last couple of times I visited Shenzhen they were present but I don't think they were used.
Pansori no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 10th, 2014, 12:02 PM   #974
Joel que

Likes (Received): 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pansori View Post
Are those X ray machines used nowadays? Last couple of times I visited Shenzhen they were present but I don't think they were used.
every hand carry has to go under the X-ray machine operate by security personel.there is a fear that ugyur terrorist group may smuggled a bomb into the rail car similiar to madrid bombing.
Joel que no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 10th, 2014, 06:32 PM   #975
hkskyline
Hong Kong

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joel que View Post
It's a common check in many Chinese cities.

World Photo Gallery - | St. Petersburg, Russia | Pyongyang | Tokyo | Istanbul | Dubai | Shanghai | Mumbai | Bangkok | Sydney

New York, London, Prague, Iceland, Rocky Mountains, Angkor Wat, Sri Lanka, Poland, Myanmar, and much more!
Old June 27th, 2014, 01:10 PM   #976
mthmchris

Has anyone been around Longhua/Qinghu recently? It's mostly residential, but I was shocked by the density and how rapidly that area is developing. It could be a small city in its own right.
Old July 6th, 2014, 06:01 PM   #977
hkskyline
Hong Kong

Futian: waiting for the future
2014-July-4 08:53
Shenzhen Daily

TWENTY years ago, it was still possible to find gardens and litchi orchards in what we call the CBD today. Indeed, east of the Shanghai Hotel was “downtown.” West of the hotel was a stretch of land that was neither downtown nor suburban, but instead seemed poised at the edge of transformation, a space waiting for the future.

But what does it mean to say that Futian was “waiting for the future?” The Central Park provides insight. The section of the park along Shennan Boulevard had sidewalks, plazas and benches. However, the section along Zhenhua Road was still a working litchi orchard. Every May, Zhanjiang bee farmers set up temporary camps in the orchard to produce litchi honey. While the bees flitted from blossom to blossom, the transient farmers cooked simple meals on propane stoves, played cards, chatted, and sold honey from their tents. In some sense, the scene seems no different from pre-reform rural China. And yet changes already rumbled through the area. Tianmian, Gangxia, Huanggang — these villages, which had been teemed up with handshake buildings, had been going through renovation and reconstruction — erected arches that boldly declared themselves as “new villages.”

I came to Shenzhen in 1995 to conduct ethnographic fieldwork. I rented a room in Yuehaimen, just next to Shenzhen University. In the 1980s, University president Luo Zhengqi had designed a university campus without borders, but when I arrived, the campus had already been bounded, except for a gate between Yuehaimen and the south campus. I didn’t think of Yuehaimen as being a “village.” It had six-story buildings, concrete apartment buildings, a wet market, restaurants, beauty parlors and small convenience stores. In other words, Yuehaimen physically looked like a low-income neighborhood, but was in fact considered a “village.”

A student of anthropology, I was interested in the new Shenzhen culture that was being created by migrants and locals. There were two kinds of migrants — white-collar professionals, usually from other Chinese cities, and blue-collar laborers, usually fresh off the farm. Migrants had come to Shenzhen in order to change their lives. In contrast, the locals identified with their villages, even though physically these spaces were rapidly urbanizing. I wondered what kind of Shenzhen identity these diverse groups of people who spoke different hometown languages and occupied different social statuses were creating. Some 20 years ago, the social category “Shenzhener” did not exist. I was curious when and how this identity would emerge? And once there was such a category, who would claim it?

When I arrived, people still spoke of Shenzhen as a special economic zone (SEZ), rather than as a city with a common identity and as a hometown. Only in the early 21st century have residents begun speaking of Shenzheners and Shenzhen culture. Several social factors have contributed to this change. First, manufacturing has been gradually moved outside the original SEZ border. We no longer see hundreds of factory workers eating alfresco dinners along food streets in Bagualing and Hongling. Second, downtown was moved from the area around the Shenzhen Railway Station in Luohu to Futian. The rough and tumbled landscape of half-finished construction, farms and litchi orchards has given way to a state-of-the-art central axis that stretches from Lianhua Hill in the north to the Shenzhen Convention and Exhibition Center in the south. In between are the Civic Center, designer skyscrapers, luxury condominiums and malls.

All the polished finish notwithstanding, Futian still seems to be waiting for the future. We now realize that creating a better tomorrow means more than simply erecting new and improved buildings. The pressing question remains one of social identity. Although they have been surrounded by skyscrapers, urban villages remain the primary point of arrival for new migrants. In other words, they do not live in “Shenzhen,” but rather inhabit a transitional space between tradition and modernization. Of course, we are no longer speaking of rural tradition, but rather the way Shenzhen continues to structure migration through access to affordable housing.

These transitional spaces remain entangled in paradox. On the one hand, most migrants begin their pursuit of the Shenzhen Dream in an urbanized village with the goal to move into Shenzhen proper. Indeed, these transitional spaces are vital to the city’s prosperity. The villages house sanitation and restaurant workers, recent college graduates, young entrepreneurs as well as working-class neighborhoods for blue-collar families. On the other hand, the goal of every migrant is to move out of an urbanized village into a gated community. In addition, many urban planners see urbanized villages as blights on the urban fabric.

More importantly, this paradox constitutes the material form of the Shenzhener identity. Migrants come to transform themselves. In order to do so, however, they need a point-of-arrival, a transitional space that is and is not Shenzhen, a space waiting for the future. In this sense, as long as Shenzhen is a migrant city, no matter how grand its architecture, Futian needs spaces like Tianmian, Shuiwei, and old Gangxia — urbanized villages that are “waiting for the future” of each arriving man and woman.

American scholar, translator and poet, Dr. Mary Ann O’Donnell has been doing research on anthropology in Shenzhen since 1995. She recently launched “Handshake 302,” a community public art project that aims to redefine urban village through creative engagement.

Old July 7th, 2014, 07:36 AM   #978
mthmchris

Mary O'Donnell has a great blog, if people don't know about it.
Old July 12th, 2014, 05:43 AM   #979
hkskyline
Hong Kong

New expressway exit to be built next year
10 July 2014
Shenzhen Daily

Source : Transport Commission

THE city’s transportation authority is soliciting public opinion for a road construction plan to link the Guangzhou-Shenzhen Riverside Expressway along the Pearl River with transportation veins in downtown Shenzhen, Shenzhen Special Zone Daily reported Tuesday.

Two lanes will be constructed next year to link Shahe Road West and the city’s West Corridor. They are expected to open for traffic in 2016.

The lanes, each going in different directions, are designed to be 7.5 meters-wide each. The lane going westward will extend 720 meters and the other will extend 1,240 meters. They will be expected to relieve traffic pressure near the Shenzhen Bay Checkpoint and Yueliang Bay areas.

Construction plans for the lanes are available at www.sztb.gov.cn and citizens can express their opinions by writing emails to [email protected].

Old July 21st, 2014, 03:22 PM   #980
Scion

Likes (Received): 4302

Futian Building 福田大厦 redevelopment

600m, 300m, 200m, 150mx2

Last edited by Scion; July 21st, 2014 at 03:51 PM.
Scion no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
shenzhen