daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Asian Forums > Asian Skyscraper Forums > South Asia > Mehfil Pakistan > Islamabad Projects

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 16 votes, 5.00 average.
Old September 11th, 2006, 12:46 AM   #21
KB

Likes (Received): 4800

anyone with any info on the price tag?
KB no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links

Old September 11th, 2006, 08:12 AM   #22
alirox

Likes (Received): 12

no need to ask that

the first section has already been sold out,it came in their add in dawn today!
alirox no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 11th, 2006, 08:22 AM   #23
KB

Likes (Received): 4800

they sold out like hot cakes!!
KB no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 11th, 2006, 05:48 PM   #24
pakboy
London is London

Likes (Received): 1851

hopefully this will encourage emaar plan bigger projects
pakboy no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 15th, 2006, 10:30 AM   #25
singaporean

Likes (Received): 181

Emaar Pakistan opens sales of new Prados townhouses at Canyon Views from Sept. 16

Artist rendering of a Mirador villa in Emaar's Canyon Views project

Emaar Pakistan, the country-arm of global real estate major Emaar Properties, has unveiled a second series of residential quarters, the Prados, at its Canyon Views development in Islamabad.
Sales of the exclusive townhouses opens at the Canyon Views Sales Center located at the Defence Housing Authority Islamabad (DHAI) Phase 2 extension. Potential investors and home-owners can visit the centre from September 16, 11 am to 8 pm.

Like its predecessor, the Mirador homes, Prados are also Portuguese-styled and are integrated into a self-sufficient neighborhood featuring an array of amenities such as retail units, school and children's play area.

'Investor feedback to Mirador homes has been overwhelming,' said Mr Mohammed Al-Falasi, Managing Director, Emaar Pakistan. 'The enthusiastic response prompted us to launch Prados, the second residential quarters in our first master-planned community in Pakistan - the Canyon Views, which is part of a PKR145 billion (US$2.4 billion) development outlay by Emaar in Pakistan.'

Featuring terracotta walls, gabled roofs and wrought iron detailing, the Prados townhomes are ideal for families. Set amidst wide-open green spaces, meandering walkways and tree-lined streets, the houses are centrally located near the city center, yet comfortably tucked away from the city's hustle and bustle.

'Prados infuses a wonderful sense of the Portuguese passion for life in a community that is rooted in modern Pakistan,' added Mr Al-Falasi. 'These homes take the best of Portuguese style and adapt them to suit the Islamabad climes.'

Prados townhouses have large ceilings that reflect heat at the height of summer and retain warmth during winter. Each home has intricate architectural textures with meticulous attention given to the interiors. Residents can customize the colour palette of their homes with two colour finishes. Ceramic tiles are standard and kitchens come fitted with elegant cabinetry and granite countertops. All bedrooms have built-in wardrobes and the master-bedroom has en-suite bathroom. Service quarters and parking for two vehicles are other features.

Amenities include swimming pool, tennis court, walking trails and open spaces for picnics and barbecues. Situated within a gated community, Prados has close access to a town centre that features retail outlets, restaurants, fitness facilities, schools and a mosque. Prados also offers 24-hour security and maintenance services.

'Emaar has a track record of handing over 14,000 homes in varied master-planned community projects in Dubai,' said Mr Al-Falasi. 'We extended the same concept to Pakistan with Mirador homes, and continue the trend with the Prados townhouses.'

Canyon Views is located in the DHAI Phase 2 extension. Emaar is also developing the Highlands in Islamabad and Crescent Bay in Karachi apart from having signed a Memorandum of Understanding with the Port Qasim Authority to develop a mixed-use project in Karachi.

Emaar's Pakistan development initiatives are in line with the company's Vision 2010 of becoming one of the world's most valuable companies through focused expansion and diversification.

http://www.ameinfo.com/96353.html
singaporean no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 15th, 2006, 11:46 AM   #26
arfie

Likes (Received): 49

What are the prices for these villas ?
arfie no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 23rd, 2006, 10:23 PM   #27
Unregistered

Likes (Received): 18

Bahria Town came out with a full page ad against these portugese style houses. The top of the ad said"

Its not Portugal....Its Pakistan"

It then went on to list some features of Bahria and also had a comparison of Bahria and Canyon View's prices. Look for it in Dawn around the time canyon view was launched.
Unregistered no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 24th, 2006, 12:21 AM   #28
pakboy
London is London

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered
Bahria Town came out with a full page ad against these portugese style houses. The top of the ad said"

It then went on to list some features of Bahria and also had a comparison of Bahria and Canyon View's prices. Look for it in Dawn around the time canyon view was launched.

its is availble on on eDAWN.
Old September 24th, 2006, 03:38 AM   #29
Sikandar
Iman, Ittehad, Nazm

Likes (Received): 57

Bahria seriously put that up? How unprofessional is that?! What the hell is Bahria putting up, cookie cutter homes straight out of the USA? Showing off their communities and similarities to American ones (Reston, Virginia)?

I was hoping Bahria would step it up and compete with Emaar's currently superior professionalism and style, but this is pathetic. You're right Bahria.. it's not Portugal, it's Pakistan.. and you just showed that in the worst possible light.

Diversity is beautiful.. I hope Emaar keeps it up.. the sales will speak for themselves.
Sikandar no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 24th, 2006, 06:26 AM   #30
pakboy
London is London

well i think it was just a promotional technique which may actully help bahria.

bahria has done alot of copying is well like londons trafalgur square, announcment of taj mahal and effiel tower in lahore, european villas, but at the end of the day its about business for them and for that they will do anythink to pull the others leg.

i wouldnt call them cookie cutter homes because they are some of the most quality houses in pakistan, on par with emaars. One of the best things about bahria is there cheap rates and quality housing which is affordable for pakistanis and despite being the best and biggest developers in the country they are far cheaper then most other developers making shroddy communites, emaars prices are way out of the reach for pakistanis.
Old September 24th, 2006, 03:20 PM   #31
arfie

Likes (Received): 49

I agree with PakBoy the prices of Emaars properties are just way too high for an ordinary Pakistani.

I recently saw Bahira Town documentary here in the UK and I was very impressed with the quality and finishing. Also its very affordable which is another good thing.
arfie no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 25th, 2006, 10:00 PM   #32
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sikandar
Bahria seriously put that up? How unprofessional is that?! What the hell is Bahria putting up, cookie cutter homes straight out of the USA? Showing off their communities and similarities to American ones (Reston, Virginia)?

I was hoping Bahria would step it up and compete with Emaar's currently superior professionalism and style, but this is pathetic. You're right Bahria.. it's not Portugal, it's Pakistan.. and you just showed that in the worst possible light.

Diversity is beautiful.. I hope Emaar keeps it up.. the sales will speak for themselves.
I was pretty surprised myself. Bahria town did nothing but made their nerves public. I also think they shot themselves in the foot with this ad drawing people's attention towards DHA..u know now people who didn't know about Canyon View will be asking..hang on..why is Bahria, the biggest housing society in Asia so worried about Canyon view? There must be something there. Lets find out. And right there Bahria has helped one customer on its way to DHA's office. Whats worse, after the "its not Portugal" part, the ad said "Bahria Town is located right next to DHA....." Why would they say that? Why is DHA the reference point? DHA just started out while Bahria has been there for ages. If anything its Bahria that should be referenced by others.

Whats funnier is Emaar decided to completely ignore Bahria and did not mention Bahria once anywhere in their marketing mateiral, further eroding Bahria's value in my eyes.

Dont get me wrong, I like Bahria, save for the narrow streets but this ad was just in poor taste. Made no sense whatsoever.
Old September 26th, 2006, 09:22 AM   #33
Khanrak
SECULARISM

Likes (Received): 105

Emaars housing scheme may be too expensive for the ordinary Pakistani, but considering how quickly Canyon Views sold out, it shows theres a market in Pakistan for upscaling housing that Bahria doesn't provide. Maybe Bahria should emulate the features of Emaars layouts (curved streets!!, excellent publicity/advertising, and interesting names for their projects).

Why do states that enforce Sharia always end up as the world's most repressive states?
Khanrak no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 26th, 2006, 10:36 PM   #34
etranger

Likes (Received): 11

what are the prices liek for canyon views?
etranger no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 27th, 2006, 06:04 AM   #35
swerveut
quit wasting my time !!

Likes (Received): 327

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered

Could you please tell me what issue this was?
swerveut no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 28th, 2006, 09:12 PM   #36
Unregistered

swerveut, I have been trying to locate the ad in e-Dawn but no luck. Again I will suggest that If u have access to Dawn, look for issues around 11 september. U cant miss it. Its a full page ad.
Old October 6th, 2006, 04:47 AM   #37
swerveut
quit wasting my time !!

Preview of some more designs by Emaar

CAN SOMEBODY PLEASE TELL ME HOW PALM TREES MIX WITH MOUNTAINS AND ISLAMABAD's CLIMATE????

EMAAR HAS FREAKING FLIPPED IT. THOSE HOUSES ARE MORE SUITABLE FOR TROPICAL CLIMATES AND STYLES! ISLAMABAD ISNT A TROPICAL CITY AND SHOULDNT BE!!

Emaar designed for dubai by mistake. They should have used some northern european styles for houses in Islamabad instead of coastal southern european ones that would be more suitable for Karachi or Dubai. They should have designed houses that look good with pines and conifer trees rather than with palm trees. Makes you wonder how stupidly Emaar runs its buisness and how out of touch they are with the locality they have their project in!

(all photos from the architects: Saunders + Wiant http://www.architectsoc.com/emaar_islamabad.html )

Last edited by swerveut; October 6th, 2006 at 04:53 AM.
Old October 6th, 2006, 05:03 AM   #38
Khanrak
SECULARISM

Likes (Received): 105

Swer,

Islamabad isnt tropical, but its still pretty hot. Its climate is more like Italy than Norway or Britain, so northern european style homes would look even sillier in Islamabad.

Why do states that enforce Sharia always end up as the world's most repressive states?
Khanrak no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 6th, 2006, 05:12 AM   #39
swerveut
quit wasting my time !!

or how about France or Dutch styled homes? those would fit in perfectly well! Even Turkish architectural styles would be awsome.

Apart from that, Pakistan has a very rich Mughal tradition, why dont they borrow from either Mughal or Persian/Central Asian styles?
Old October 6th, 2006, 05:25 AM   #40
UnitedPakistan
Musharraf Ka Danda!

Likes (Received): 409

Why not Pakistani styled homes?

LMAO

ELECTIONS 2008: WE ARE THE ELEMENTS OF CHANGE!
Har waqt hoon mein Pakistan ke liye..
UnitedPakistan no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: