daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > General Urban Developments > DN Archives

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old May 26th, 2009, 09:58 PM   #481
spyguy
Expert

Likes (Received): 97

http://www.chicagorealestatedaily.co...ws.pl?id=34162

Apple’s lease in Clybourn Corridor could run 30 years
By Samantha Sleevi, May 26, 2009

Apple Inc.’s lease for a high-profile store in the heart of the Clybourn Corridor gives the electronics manufacturer the option to keep the location for as many as 30 years or close it in 10, property records show.
spyguy no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old May 29th, 2009, 04:00 AM   #482
spyguy
Expert

628 W. Diversey

Old May 29th, 2009, 03:57 PM   #483
jpIllInoIs

Likes (Received): 48

Thank SG, that is a great find and could be a great additoin to the neighborhood. Is this close to approval?
jpIllInoIs no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 29th, 2009, 08:46 PM   #484
nomarandlee
My Mind Has Left My Body

Likes (Received): 2762

Yea, it is sure is great. We need many more variations of such buildings in many locations in this city especially on major corners, near stations, and replacing one story dinky retail in places.
Old May 31st, 2009, 06:00 AM   #485
ChicagoismynewBlog

Likes (Received): 0

THANK GOD something good came out. This intersection could be so awesome if the corner buildings had a stronger presence. I really hope this happens and happens soon...

ChicagoismynewBlog no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 31st, 2009, 06:24 AM   #486
The Urban Politician
The City

Likes (Received): 21

^ That's in one of Chicago's most vibrant non-downtown intersections.

But in this economic environment, I gather we're looking at a long term proposal at best
The Urban Politician no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 22nd, 2009, 06:05 PM   #487
spyguy
Expert

http://www.chicagorealestatedaily.co...ws.pl?id=34838

Proposed Lincoln Park condo project scaled down
By Thomas A. Corfman, July 22, 2009

...Ricker-Murphy Development LLC told buyers last week that the number of units would be cut by a nearly a third, to 198 from the 292 previously proposed, in Lincoln Park 2520, a three-building complex proposed for the site of the demolished Columbus Hospital, 2520 N. Lakeview Ave.

As a result, developers plan to lop off eight stories from the tallest building, reducing the height to 33 stories from the 41 stories previously proposed.

...Although the building will be shorter, the changes would not affect the design by Chicago architect Lucien Lagrange.

---
All bad news.
Old July 22nd, 2009, 09:25 PM   #488
simulcra
Cynical post-collegiate

Likes (Received): 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by spyguy View Post
As a result, developers plan to lop off eight stories from the tallest building, reducing the height to 33 stories from the 41 stories previously proposed.

...Although the building will be shorter, the changes would not affect the design by Chicago architect Lucien Lagrange.
Uh.... clearly that's impossible. The building was designed at a given height with a given number of floors. Thus, by changing it, you *are* affecting the design. Ugh, it'll probably look squat. Nice attempt at a spin, Ricker-Murphy.
Old July 24th, 2009, 12:49 AM   #489
i_am_hydrogen
muted

Likes (Received): 203

Alderman Vi Daley's response to my email inquiring into the status of Lincoln Park 2520:

Quote:
Thank you for your message. You may have seen the report in Crains Chicago Business yesterday about this project. Basically it says that the buildings are going to be scaled back in terms of height and number of units. Our understanding is the financier, GE Pension Fund, will finance the construction loan but want to limit the risk of the project. Thus the reason for reducing it. We're meeting with the development team and the community oversight committee next week to go over the timeframe specifics for the project. Our initial understanding is that foundation work will commence in late summer/early fall. Let us know if you have further questions or concerns.
Old July 27th, 2009, 09:36 PM   #490
i_am_hydrogen
muted

There are two backhoes on the Lincoln Park 2520 site, one of which is drilling into the ground. A worker was standing nearby taking notes.
Old July 29th, 2009, 07:53 PM   #491
MWR

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Urban Politician View Post
^ That's in one of Chicago's most vibrant non-downtown intersections.

But in this economic environment, I gather we're looking at a long term proposal at best
I miss the GREAT ACE!!!!
MWR no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 29th, 2009, 10:23 PM   #492
tpe

Likes (Received): 3069

Quote:
Originally Posted by i_am_hydrogen View Post
Alderman Vi Daley's response to my email inquiring into the status of Lincoln Park 2520:
From what the Board in my building has told me, the work on the foundation (late summer/early fall) will proceed without any financing in place. This is an often-used tactic. But we've seen how such tactics led things to end badly...
tpe no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 31st, 2009, 05:13 AM   #493
i_am_hydrogen
muted

More on Lincoln Park 2520 from Vi Daley:

Quote:
2520 N Lakeview Project
The condominium project at the site of the former Columbus Hospital is continuing to progress. Demolition of the hospital building has been completed, and foundation work for the parking garage will begin within the next two weeks. Foundation work and the underground parking garage are expected to take 10-12 months. A positive change has been proposed by the development team, a reduction in height for the three high rise towers. The north tower will be reduced by 8 floors, and the south tower will be reduced by 5 floors. The middle tower will be reduced by 2 floors. The total number of units is now 229 down from the original 325. There will be no changes to the site plan or landscape plan agreed upon by the community. The development team is committed to honoring the strict community agreement regarding the construction process. A drawing of the new plan will be posted on my website next week.
Old July 31st, 2009, 05:23 AM   #494
The Urban Politician
The City

^ Yeah Vi, that's a real "positive" change...
Old August 30th, 2009, 08:00 AM   #495
tkelly1986

DePaul recently released its Lincoln Park master plan. Follow the link to the main page that details the plan and has additional links to renderings of planned buildings.

http://president.depaul.edu/MasterPlan/index.html

I am also curious how the Children's Memorial property plays in to this senario (if DePaul purchases it). We could really see a huge expansion over the next 10 years if this all goes through.
tkelly1986 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 23rd, 2009, 03:15 AM   #496
spyguy
Expert

http://retailtrafficmag.com/markets/...cagos-vacancy/

Retailers Look to Fill Vacancies in Chicago’s Loop and Affluent Shopping Districts
Sep 22, 2009 3:41 PM, By Jennifer Popovec

...Similarly, local developer Structured Development LLC continues to move forward with New City, a 1 million-square-foot project in the Clybourn Corridor that will include 400,000 square feet of street-front retail, a 196-unit luxury apartment tower and parking for 1,050 cars. The firm has already inked a lease with Milwaukee-based Roundy’s Inc. to anchor the project with an 80,000-square-foot European-style grocery store.

Jeff Berta, senior director of real estate development with Structured Development, says he is negotiating with two other retail anchors—one that is new to Chicago and one that is expanding within the city. With city approvals expected before the end of 2009, the firm plans to break ground on the project in mid-2010.
Old September 25th, 2009, 02:53 AM   #497
spyguy
Expert

More New City news

http://www.skylinenewspaper.com/News...ss_residential

More retail, less residential
New City site plan shifted
09/23/2009 10:00 PM

By IAN FULLERTON

The hefty New City project is turning toward retail in light of continuing struggles in the residential housing market.

CFRI/New City LLC, developer of the project, received permission from the city to cut the residential portion of the project from 484 to 280 units and add a movie theatre and hotel.

...Now envisioned is 552,000 square foot project that will include residential and retail spaces, a two-story Roundy’s supermarket and a 1.3-acre landscaped public plaza near Halsted and North. Buildings will range from 7 to 19 stories.
Old September 25th, 2009, 03:59 AM   #498
The Urban Politician
The City

^ Loss of residential units but gaining a hotel?

Not a bad trade off.
Old September 28th, 2009, 12:40 AM   #499
spyguy
Expert

^There is/was another hotel proposal nearby, between SoNo and that huge new auto dealership.

In other news, the Apple store is coming along nicely. Above ground from the last time I saw it.
Old October 16th, 2009, 05:56 PM   #500
i_am_hydrogen
muted

A link to The Children’s Memorial Hospital Site Re-Use Feasibility Study Handbook can be found at the following site:

http://cmhplanning.blogspot.com/