daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Forums > Stadiums and Sport Arenas

Stadiums and Sport Arenas » Completed | Under Construction | Proposed | Demolished



Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.


Reply

 
Thread Tools
Old March 24th, 2009, 03:56 PM   #301
en1044
Unregistered User
 
en1044's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 2,405
Likes (Received): 113

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpicyMcHaggis View Post
They certainly are huge, but their... how to say it... "quality standard" is quite lower than from those from pro teams. At least that is the impression that i get from seeing pictures and videos.
Their quality is much better than it seems, but its bare bones. Construction wise these stadiums are fine, they just lack a fancy exterior, giving the impression of low quality. They serve their purpose well- get a lot of people in one place to watch a game. If you want luxury, go to an NFL game.
__________________
WASHINGTON REDSKINS
en1044 no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old March 25th, 2009, 12:39 AM   #302
Zeno2
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 787
Likes (Received): 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ecological View Post
Jesus Christ !!! So ugly but very fascinating to say the least.
Too bad it was never built.
Zeno2 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 25th, 2009, 12:48 AM   #303
KingmanIII
Registered User
 
KingmanIII's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Killa City, Misery
Posts: 2,627
Likes (Received): 415

Quote:
Originally Posted by en1044 View Post
Their quality is much better than it seems, but its bare bones. Construction wise these stadiums are fine, they just lack a fancy exterior, giving the impression of low quality. They serve their purpose well- get a lot of people in one place to watch a game. If you want luxury, go to an NFL game.
A handful of programs do have stadiums with amenities approaching NFL levels (for the wealthy boosters and alumni)--Oklahoma, Penn State, Oklahoma State, etc., come to mind.
KingmanIII no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 25th, 2009, 01:12 AM   #304
westsidebomber
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 211
Likes (Received): 39

Does anybody else have some actual numbers??? I would like to see some real comparison.
westsidebomber no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 25th, 2009, 01:19 AM   #305
PaulFCB
BANNED
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 2,747
Likes (Received): 262

Well, American Football stadiums seem to be huge but they are just built so they can hold a huge number of people while the Westfalenstadion has that terrace that is very steep/tall and even though the people are standing the size is impressing.
Still, does the stand have seats or it doesn't at all cause in European Games or at the World Cup I think they were obligated?
PaulFCB no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 25th, 2009, 02:16 AM   #306
en1044
Unregistered User
 
en1044's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 2,405
Likes (Received): 113

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingmanIII View Post
A handful of programs do have stadiums with amenities approaching NFL levels (for the wealthy boosters and alumni)--Oklahoma, Penn State, Oklahoma State, etc., come to mind.
Well, yes, but go into the bowels of Beaver Stadium and its kinda depressing.
__________________
WASHINGTON REDSKINS
en1044 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 25th, 2009, 10:05 AM   #307
SpicyMcHaggis
Registered User
 
SpicyMcHaggis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 4,953
Likes (Received): 1789

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulFCB View Post
Well, American Football stadiums seem to be huge but they are just built so they can hold a huge number of people while the Westfalenstadion has that terrace that is very steep/tall and even though the people are standing the size is impressing.
Still, does the stand have seats or it doesn't at all cause in European Games or at the World Cup I think they were obligated?
All German stadiums can be transformed from terraces to all-seater.

Last edited by SpicyMcHaggis; March 25th, 2009 at 10:17 AM.
SpicyMcHaggis no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 25th, 2009, 01:42 PM   #308
bigbossman
Registered User
 
bigbossman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: South East London
Posts: 3,408
Likes (Received): 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpicyMcHaggis View Post
All German stadiums can be transformed from terraces to all-seater.
Not all, the vast majority! Some are all seater anyway, and some are just too damn old!
bigbossman no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 25th, 2009, 02:00 PM   #309
SpicyMcHaggis
Registered User
 
SpicyMcHaggis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 4,953
Likes (Received): 1789

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbossman View Post
Not all, the vast majority! Some are all seater anyway, and some are just too damn old!
I was referring to those of CL/Uefa cup teams. And those are all transformable
SpicyMcHaggis no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 25th, 2009, 02:07 PM   #310
bigbossman
Registered User
 
bigbossman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: South East London
Posts: 3,408
Likes (Received): 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpicyMcHaggis View Post
I was referring to those of CL/Uefa cup teams. And those are all transformable
except hertha
bigbossman no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 25th, 2009, 02:23 PM   #311
SpicyMcHaggis
Registered User
 
SpicyMcHaggis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 4,953
Likes (Received): 1789

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbossman View Post
except hertha
Not like that Hertha is regular in Euro competitions.

Last time Hertha played in Europe they still had terracing there
SpicyMcHaggis no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 25th, 2009, 02:42 PM   #312
bigbossman
Registered User
 
bigbossman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: South East London
Posts: 3,408
Likes (Received): 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpicyMcHaggis View Post
Not like that Hertha is regular in Euro competitions.

Last time Hertha played in Europe they still had terracing there
what like this season??

http://www.uefa.com/competitions/uef...up=701538.html
bigbossman no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 25th, 2009, 02:45 PM   #313
Ecological
BANNED
 
Ecological's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 3,518
Likes (Received): 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeno2 View Post
Jesus Christ !!! So ugly but very fascinating to say the least.
Too bad it was never built.
It would have been a terrific sight to see 80,000 fans in gold and black. If built it may have kept Wolves position as one of Europes top teams also. just 20 years late they suffered succesive relegations to Englands 4th tier and were almost declared bankrupt. Luckily the club were saved by a local millionaire who now owns the Bahamas. He was born around the corner from Molineux and had in his words, no choice but to invest in them.

Even under regulations enforced by the FA that 1960-61 molineux would house well over 50,000 people as an all-seater stadium. Id hazard a guess the largest Kop would have roughly 12-18,000 seats.

I think plans for new molineux is to increase thier current Kop end to a two tier structure and upwards off 10,000+
Ecological no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 25th, 2009, 02:59 PM   #314
Ecological
BANNED
 
Ecological's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 3,518
Likes (Received): 23

This is Dortmund.

Ecological no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 25th, 2009, 03:25 PM   #315
SpicyMcHaggis
Registered User
 
SpicyMcHaggis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 4,953
Likes (Received): 1789

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbossman View Post
One season of playing in UEFA Cup hardly makes them regulars.
SpicyMcHaggis no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 25th, 2009, 03:38 PM   #316
bigbossman
Registered User
 
bigbossman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: South East London
Posts: 3,408
Likes (Received): 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpicyMcHaggis View Post
One season of playing in UEFA Cup hardly makes them regulars.
you said last time they played in Europe they still had terracing which isn't true.

They've played in europe 3 of the last 4 years.

and i can remember them playing chelsea in the champions league in 1999/2000 and i don't think the olympic stadium even had terracing then...
bigbossman no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 25th, 2009, 03:48 PM   #317
SpicyMcHaggis
Registered User
 
SpicyMcHaggis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 4,953
Likes (Received): 1789

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbossman View Post
you said last time they played in Europe they still had terracing which isn't true.

They've played in europe 3 of the last 4 years.

and i can remember them playing chelsea in the champions league in 1999/2000 and i don't think the olympic stadium even had terracing then...
Didn't Olympic stadium had terraces on goal ends until WC 2006 renovations?
SpicyMcHaggis no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 25th, 2009, 03:49 PM   #318
Ecological
BANNED
 
Ecological's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 3,518
Likes (Received): 23

What Liverpools KOP could've looked like



What it will look like



Tranmere





Ecological no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 25th, 2009, 03:52 PM   #319
SpicyMcHaggis
Registered User
 
SpicyMcHaggis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 4,953
Likes (Received): 1789

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ecological View Post
What it will look like

Together with Dortmund by far the best stand in the world.
SpicyMcHaggis no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 25th, 2009, 03:58 PM   #320
bigbossman
Registered User
 
bigbossman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: South East London
Posts: 3,408
Likes (Received): 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpicyMcHaggis View Post
Didn't Olympic stadium had terraces on goal ends until WC 2006 renovations?
Not as far as i know. I remember reading Hertha were one of the only major teams with out a terraced end.
bigbossman no está en línea   Reply With Quote


Reply

Tags
stadiums

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Related topics on SkyscraperCity


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 11:18 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Feedback Buttons provided by Advanced Post Thanks / Like (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

SkyscraperCity ☆ In Urbanity We trust ☆ about us | privacy policy | DMCA policy

Hosted by Blacksun, dedicated to this site too!
Forum server management by DaiTengu