daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy (aug.2, 2013) | DMCA policy | flipboard magazine

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Asian Forums > India > South > South India Projects > Tamil Nadu



Reply

 
Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 173 votes, 4.63 average.
Old July 22nd, 2013, 10:13 PM   #6821
jyas
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Tuticorin/Chennai, USA
Posts: 728
Likes (Received): 4

Its not 'Green Gate' but 'Old Port entrance'

Quote:
Originally Posted by rj_anntny View Post
I read in Thanthi in february / march 2013 about collectors decision about extended the expansion of road from Cruz Fernandez statue to Old harbour. I am searching that news thread. I will post it immediately i get it. I think i posted it that time also.

Also, if you see the land acquisitions made from VVD signal to VOC college, you can imagine the breadth of the Tuticorin Quilon road. This road starts at Old Harbour and its 2.2 kms is Cruz fernandez statue. calculating With this breadth, the same is from Old harbour to VE road (canara bank inclusive).There was a highway signal of Old Harbour 1 Km near Jasmine.

I got the information from reliable people before posting the same.

Only time will tell. Also, they told that notices has been sent. But it will take time, until March 2014. Now in the first phase, multilaning will be done from 2.2 Kms - 6.6 Kms (Bye pass). Tenders ended in june itself

Second, reliability is that newly started Raja Silks and two other multi -storey buildings has been closed by the City planning authority. all of them have shifted places. They were next to St Anthony's church. With that much amount spent, they could easily bribed people, got approvals and could have opened that shops. They could have made other means. But they have shifted their shops.

People did not believe expansion of roads until Eagle book shop was broken down.

Thirdly, i remember a gate to old harbour in VE road, when i was a child, It was always kept closed. Finally a brick wall was built. I do not know how many people remember that

The water overflow from korampallam lake used to flow vide the third mile. Now that is full of buildings.

The Old Myth in Tuticorin, " If we see from the III mile bridge, we can see the Green gate," I think all would have heard this.

These all things that support my theory. I say theory because, No notice i have seen. It is all people have told me from other areas.
jyas no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
 
Old July 22nd, 2013, 10:21 PM   #6822
rj_anntny
Mas Paul
 
rj_anntny's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: tuticorin
Posts: 3,004
Likes (Received): 301

When was this started \. \\\

TCM Limited
Mullakkadu
Tuticorin - 05
Tamil Nadu
India
Tel : 0461 3200661


We were making the following products

1) Copper Sulphate
2) Copper Oxychloride and its formulations
3) Strontium Nitrate
4) Strontium Carbonate
5) Sodium Sulphide
rj_anntny no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 22nd, 2013, 10:22 PM   #6823
rj_anntny
Mas Paul
 
rj_anntny's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: tuticorin
Posts: 3,004
Likes (Received): 301

Quote:
Originally Posted by jyas View Post
Its not 'Green Gate' but 'Old Port entrance'
It was at that time called Green Gate in 1970s and before
rj_anntny no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 22nd, 2013, 10:27 PM   #6824
rj_anntny
Mas Paul
 
rj_anntny's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: tuticorin
Posts: 3,004
Likes (Received): 301

Description about Sudhan & Co, Tuticorin
M/s Sudhan & Co., Tuticorin is one of the fastest growing professionally owned enterprises in India and in the global arena. The flagship company M/s Krishna & Co., with an entrepreneurial vision coupled with lofty ambitions and hard work set the pace for the growth of the group. The journey from a being a most trusted trading house to a diversified conglomerate is fast, yet memorable. Today, the Krishna business portfolio is diverse, yet profitable assortment of Exports, Imports, Shipping, Merchant Trade, Engineering Constructions, Warehouses, Logistics, Heavy Equipments, Weigh-bridges and Manufacture of Salt. The Manufacture of Plaster of Paris is recently added to the portfolio of the group with special credentials.

Press Release from Sudhan & Co

Plaster of Paris [26 March 2011]
The primary criteria that differentiates KRISHNA from other brands available in the market is its finest quality. Our POP is developed using advanced technology and using the finest raw materials like gypsum and others and under strict quality control procedures
rj_anntny no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 23rd, 2013, 05:11 AM   #6825
TuticorinCity
Registered User
 
TuticorinCity's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Tuticorin-Bangalore-Chennai
Posts: 225
Likes (Received): 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by rj_anntny View Post
Second, reliability is that newly started Raja Silks and two other multi -storey buildings has been closed by the City planning authority. all of them have shifted places. They were next to St Anthony's church. With that much amount spent, they could easily bribed people, got approvals and could have opened that shops. They could have made other means. But they have shifted their shops.
Anthony sir,
Right now, those approvals are not given by our oppiciers (even if bribed) fearing Collector's action. On the other side, shop owners also have fear of taking the risk after seeing the fate of Eagle book shop.. this is actual scenerio..
__________________
Tuticorin - Pearlcity, now Powercity.
TuticorinCity no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 23rd, 2013, 06:39 AM   #6826
chandarrambala
Balamurugan
 
chandarrambala's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Tuticorin/Coimbatore
Posts: 268
Likes (Received): 71

இந்த வருடம் தூத்துக்குடியில் பனிமயமாதா கோவில் திருவிழாவில் தங்கத்தேர் செல்லவிருக்கிறது. திருவிழாவிற்கு இந்தியாவின் பிற பகுதியில் இருந்து பலர் தூத்துக்குடிக்கு வருவார்கள். ஆனால் ரயில்வே பட்ஜெட்டில் அறிவித்த தூத்துக்குடி - சென்னை பகல் நேர இணைப்பு ரயில் இன்னும் வரவில்லை?... இரவு நேர சிறப்பு ரயில் (சென்னை - தூத்துக்குடி) இருக்குமான்னு தெரியவில்லை... திருவிழாவிற்கு முன்பாக ரயில்கள் பற்றிய அறிவிப்பு வந்தால் நன்றாக இருக்கும்.
__________________
Bala

Last edited by chandarrambala; July 23rd, 2013 at 06:45 AM.
chandarrambala no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 23rd, 2013, 04:10 PM   #6827
Aswin kumar
Registered User
 
Aswin kumar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Tuticorin/Chennai
Posts: 682
Likes (Received): 149

Hurray...Tuticorin-Chennai Link Express to be operated from 31.7.13 from Tuticorin.Our MP Jayadurai inaugrats the train from Tuticorin.This is the one our city people has been demanding for many years....Advance wishes and thanks to everyone who made this possible.Navin sir and other members of Tuticorin Rail Association deserves a special thumps up and thanks

Source:http://tutyonline.net/view/31_52264/20130723181410.html
__________________

drjeniki, livingston, TuticorinCity liked this post
Aswin kumar no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 23rd, 2013, 07:05 PM   #6828
Navin Augustin
With Care
 
Navin Augustin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Tuticorin
Posts: 780
Likes (Received): 193

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aswin kumar View Post
Hurray...Tuticorin-Chennai Link Express to be operated from 31.7.13 from Tuticorin.Our MP Jayadurai inaugrats the train from Tuticorin.This is the one our city people has been demanding for many years....Advance wishes and thanks to everyone who made this possible.Navin sir and other members of Tuticorin Rail Association deserves a special thumps up and thanks

Source:http://tutyonline.net/view/31_52264/20130723181410.html

Dear Friends,

Finally the elusive train has come. I am so excited to see it in Tuticorin's second platform. On the same time we had to keep in mind that it is Madurai's train that has been extended to Tuticorin. I wish that Madurai also should be given it new day time train to Chennai in the form of a Shatabdi.

Thanks a lot Ashwin. Its a combined effort of Tuticorin Passenger Association, its secretary Mr.Piramanayagam, Bala Sir from Coimbatore, Prakash Sir from Chennai and many other Rail enthusiasts.

We soon will be concentrating on the new overnite train to Chennai. Thanks for all the support Friends.
__________________
Navin Augustin

drjeniki, livingston, TuticorinCity liked this post
Navin Augustin no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 24th, 2013, 04:45 AM   #6829
Navin Augustin
With Care
 
Navin Augustin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Tuticorin
Posts: 780
Likes (Received): 193

--- Cross Posting from Railways Thread ----

Rail commuters seek new road to Vanchi Maniyachi

Rail commuters from Tuticorin are clamouring for a better road link to reach Vanchi Maniyachi station on time to board trains, according to the All India Chamber of Commerce and Industries (AICCI), Tuticorin.

J.P.Joe Villavarayar, former president of the AICCI, on Tuesday complained that only a few evening trains started from Tuticorin.

Therefore, many Chennai-bound passengers here have long felt the need for a daytime train.

While some day trains to Chennai do touch Maniyachi, people from Tuticorin find it difficult to reach the station on time. Many passengers prefer to take the circuitous route to Kovilpatti to catch trains, he points out.

“Many commuters from Tuticorin take private luxury buses plying in the morning hours.The railway authorities should explore the possibility of introducing additional daytime train services,” Mr.Villavarayar said.

S.Natarajan, Chairman, V.O.Chidambaranar Port Trust, Tuticorin, told The Hindu that a proposal to lay a new road link to Maniyachi station was pending with the Southern Railway authorities.

The existing road between Tuticorin and Vanchi Maniyachi, which was around 43 kilometres, could be shortened by half if a new road skirting the railway line was laid, allowing passengers to board around 36 trains passing through Vanchi Maniyachi, he claimed.

The project could be pursued under the Centrally-sponsored Prime Minister’s Rural Road Scheme, Mr. Natarajan suggested.

Highways Divisional Engineer Krishnasamy said a feasibility study was under way.

http://www.thehindu.com/todays-paper...cle4947360.ece
__________________
Navin Augustin

rj_anntny liked this post
Navin Augustin no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 24th, 2013, 04:55 AM   #6830
Navin Augustin
With Care
 
Navin Augustin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Tuticorin
Posts: 780
Likes (Received): 193

Dear Friends,

What a miracle that AICCI - Tuticorin members are interested in Trains these days. This is all a confused statement. A decade ago when Railways came up with the idea to move the Tuticorin station to Milavittan it was the same set of people who opposed it and now they complain that the level crossings are causing traffic jam within the city. MR. J.P.Joe Villavarayar has come up with these statements forgetting the day time link express to Chennai. I dont think so passengers from Tuticorin would prefer to board a train in Maniyatchi Junction rather boarding the same in Tuticorin.

AICCI - Tuticorin could have focussed on demands that are valid to Tuticorin rather than complaining over the current state.

Even if someone comes up with the saying that the city will develop when the station is moved to Milavittan or a road is laid next to the tracks all the way to Maniyatchi Junction to board trains then following will be the scenario

1) We will never be able to ask for new trains as Railways will be so happy to reject the demands just bey saying board it in Maniyatchi Junction.

2) Station can be moved to Milavittan once it becomes a junction but not at the current state.

3) Railway station is located within the city limits of cities like Nellai, Nagercoil, Madurai, Trichy, Chennai which has more trains than Tuticorin. To reduce congestion just uprooting the station is not the only solution

4) Passengers of our city who find it hard to reach the New Integrated Bus stand located around 10 kms away from the current bus stand will also find it really hard to board a train that will stop 43 kms away from the city.
__________________
Navin Augustin
Navin Augustin no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 24th, 2013, 05:57 AM   #6831
chandarrambala
Balamurugan
 
chandarrambala's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Tuticorin/Coimbatore
Posts: 268
Likes (Received): 71

Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Navin Augustin View Post
Dear Friends,

Finally the elusive train has come. I am so excited to see it in Tuticorin's second platform. On the same time we had to keep in mind that it is Madurai's train that has been extended to Tuticorin. I wish that Madurai also should be given it new day time train to Chennai in the form of a Shatabdi.

Thanks a lot Ashwin. Its a combined effort of Tuticorin Passenger Association, its secretary Mr.Piramanayagam, Bala Sir from Coimbatore, Prakash Sir from Chennai and many other Rail enthusiasts.

We soon will be concentrating on the new overnite train to Chennai. Thanks for all the support Friends.
Navin sir,

thank you... this train helps for Devoties of Panimayamatha & Jesus Christ will come to Tuticorin @ August 5th 2013..
__________________
Bala
chandarrambala no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 24th, 2013, 06:13 AM   #6832
chandarrambala
Balamurugan
 
chandarrambala's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Tuticorin/Coimbatore
Posts: 268
Likes (Received): 71

தூத்துக்குடி பனிமயமாதா கோவில் திருவிழா - பக்தர்கள் தூத்துக்குடி வருவதற்கு தேவைப்படும் சிறப்பு ரயில்கள்(for August 5th 2013):

1. Chennai Egmore - Tuticorin Express via Kumbakonam, Karaikkudi, Aruppukottai, Kovilpatti.
2. Erode / Coimbatore - Tuticorin passanger via Karur, Madurai, Kovilpatti.
3. Kanyakumari / Thiruvananthapuram - Tuticorin Passanger via Tirunelveli, Maniyachi bypass.
4. Velankanni - Tuticorin ONT via Trichy, Karaikkudi, Aruppukottai.
__________________
Bala

Last edited by chandarrambala; July 24th, 2013 at 07:10 AM.
chandarrambala no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 24th, 2013, 02:26 PM   #6833
Aswin kumar
Registered User
 
Aswin kumar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Tuticorin/Chennai
Posts: 682
Likes (Received): 149

Finally we have got all the trains which were announced in past 2 years railway budget in reasonbly good time.Now as Navin sir said we need to concentrate on next set of trains.I personally feel we need a train to kerala.May be Tuty-Mangalore express via TVC,Kollam,ernakulam may be a good option.....
Aswin kumar no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 24th, 2013, 02:27 PM   #6834
Aswin kumar
Registered User
 
Aswin kumar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Tuticorin/Chennai
Posts: 682
Likes (Received): 149

Roadshow on Tuticorin

CHENNAI, JULY 23:
The All India Chamber of Commerce and Industries (AICCI) is to organise a roadshow on Tuticorin in Chennai. The two-day event, scheduled for July 27 and 28, is designed to project and promote Tuticorin as the most favoured investment destination.

Over 30 Tuticorin-based manufacturers and service providers would set up stalls at the venue, showcasing their success stories.

A press release quoting P.S.S.K. Raja Sankaralingam, President of AICCI, said Tamil Nadu Tourism Minister S.P. Shanmuganathan will launch the event, and many senior officials and industrialists will be participating.

The Union Minister of Shipping, G.K. Vasan, will initiate a seminar on investment opportunities available in the district. K.B. Nagendra Murthy, Managing Director and CEO of Tamilnad Mercantile Bank Ltd; P. Ramnath, CEO of Sterlite Copper; and S. Natarajan, Chairman, V.O. Chidambaranar Port Trust, Tuticorin, will participate in the seminar.
__________________

livingston liked this post
Aswin kumar no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 24th, 2013, 03:49 PM   #6835
jayak914
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 459
Likes (Received): 91

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aswin kumar View Post
CHENNAI, JULY 23:
The All India Chamber of Commerce and Industries (AICCI) is to organise a roadshow on Tuticorin in Chennai. The two-day event, scheduled for July 27 and 28, is designed to project and promote Tuticorin as the most favoured investment destination.

Over 30 Tuticorin-based manufacturers and service providers would set up stalls at the venue, showcasing their success stories.

A press release quoting P.S.S.K. Raja Sankaralingam, President of AICCI, said Tamil Nadu Tourism Minister S.P. Shanmuganathan will launch the event, and many senior officials and industrialists will be participating.

The Union Minister of Shipping, G.K. Vasan, will initiate a seminar on investment opportunities available in the district. K.B. Nagendra Murthy, Managing Director and CEO of Tamilnad Mercantile Bank Ltd; P. Ramnath, CEO of Sterlite Copper; and S. Natarajan, Chairman, V.O. Chidambaranar Port Trust, Tuticorin, will participate in the seminar.
Good Progress
jayak914 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 25th, 2013, 06:22 AM   #6836
chandarrambala
Balamurugan
 
chandarrambala's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Tuticorin/Coimbatore
Posts: 268
Likes (Received): 71

Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aswin kumar View Post
Finally we have got all the trains which were announced in past 2 years railway budget in reasonbly good time.Now as Navin sir said we need to concentrate on next set of trains.I personally feel we need a train to kerala.May be Tuty-Mangalore express via TVC,Kollam,ernakulam may be a good option.....
nice... But my idea, for need & require new trains to Kerala of the following:

1. Tuticorin - Mumbai (LTT) By-weekly exp (like Port City Exp - it will cover 5 major port cities) via Maniyachi bypass, Tirunelveli, Thiruvananthapuram, Kottayam, Ernakulam Town, Kannur, Mangalore Jn, Madgon Jn and Roha.
2. Tuticorin - Sengottai passanger (in future, This train will need and may extend to Ernakulam Jn via Kollam and Azhapuzha)
3. Tirunelveli - Nagarcoil Passanger to be extended with double side (Tuticorin & Thiruvananthapuram)
__________________
Bala
chandarrambala no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 25th, 2013, 06:30 AM   #6837
chandarrambala
Balamurugan
 
chandarrambala's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Tuticorin/Coimbatore
Posts: 268
Likes (Received): 71

தூத்துக்குடி பனிமய மாதா பேராலய திருவிழா 7,500 வைரம், வைடூரிய கற்களால் தங்கத்தேர் அலங்கரிப்பு
http://www.dinakaran.com/District_De...214721&cat=504
பதிவு செய்த நேரம்:2013-07-24 11:02:26

தூத்துக்குடி பனிமய மாதா பேராலய திருவிழாவில் வரும் 5ஆம் தேதி நடக்க இருக்கும் தங்கத் தேரோட்டத்தை முன்னிட்டு வைரம், வைடூரியம், பவளம் உள்ளிட்ட 7,500க்கும் மேற்பட்ட கற்கள் பதித்து தேர் அலங்கரிக்கப்பட்டு வருகிறது.
உலக பிரசித்தி பெற்ற தூத்துக்குடி பனிமயமாதா ஆலயத் திருவிழா வரும் 26ஆம் தேதி கொடியேற்றத்துடன் துவங்குகிறது. இந்த ஆண்டு 15வது தங்கத் தேரோட்டம் வரும் ஆகஸ்ட் 5ஆம் தேதி நடக்கிறது.
இதற்காக மாதாவின் ஜெபமாலையில் உள்ள 53 மணிகளை குறிக்கும் விதமாக 53 அடி உயர தங்கத்தேர் அமைக்கப்பட்டுள்ளது.
இத்தேரை அலங்கரிக்கும் பணி கடந்த ஜனவரி மாதம் 6ம் தேதி முதல் துவங்கி நடந்து வருகிறது. இதற்காக பனிமயமாதா ஆலயத்தை ஒட்டியுள்ள பகுதியில் பெரிய கூண்டு அமைத்து, அதற்குள் தேர் நிறுத்தப்பட்டு அலங்கரிக்கும் பணி நடந்து வருகிறது.
இத்தேரில் பனிமய மாதா சொரூபத்துடன் சேர்த்து 53 முக்கிய சொரூபங்கள் வைக்கப்படுகின்றன.இதில் 12 ராஜாக்கள், பைபிளை எழுதிய 4 சுவிசேசகர்களான புனித அருளப்பர், மத்தேயு, மாற்கு, லூக்கா ஆகியோரின் சொரூபங்கள் இடம்பெறுகின்றன. மேலும், அடுத்த நிலையில் 8 பெண் புனிதர்கள் சொரூபங்களும் தங்கத்தேரில் நிறுவப்பட்டு வருகின்றன. சொரூபங்கள் அமைக்கும் பணி கடந்த மே 20 முதல் துவங்கி நடந்து வருகிறது. இவற்றை அழகுபடுத்தும் வேலைகளும் நடக்கிறது. இதில் சிற்பி செல்வெஸ்டர் என்பவரது தலைமையில் சுமார் 50க்கும் மேற்பட்டவர்கள் இரவு, பகலாக பணிபுரிந்து வருகின்றனர்.
தேர் முழுவதும் தங்க நிற ஜரிகை பேப்பர்கள் ஒட்டப்படுகின்றன. இதற்காக, ஜெர்மனியில் இருந்து பிரத்யேகமாக தயாரிக்கப்பட்டுள்ள தங்க நிறத்திலான பேப்பர்கள் வரவழைக்கப்பட்டுள்ளன.
மேலும், தங்கத்தேரின் ஒவ்வொரு அடுக்கிலும் வைரம், வைடூரியம், பவளம், முத்து உள்ளிட்ட 7 ஆயிரத்து 500க்கும் மேற்பட்ட கண்கவர் கற்கள் பதிக்கப்பட்டுள்ளன.
துரித கதியில் நடந்து வரும் தங்கத்தேர் அலங்கார பணிகள் அடுத்த வாரம் நிறைவு பெற்று ஆகஸ்ட் 5ஆம் தேதி நகர வீதிகளில் வலம் வர இருக்கிறது. இதையடுத்து, தூத்துக்குடி நகரம் தற்போதே விழாக்கோலம் பூண்டுள்ளது.
__________________
Bala
chandarrambala no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 25th, 2013, 07:44 AM   #6838
drjeniki
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: tuticorin
Posts: 347
Likes (Received): 77

Quote:
Originally Posted by Navin Augustin View Post
Dear Friends,

What a miracle that AICCI - Tuticorin members are interested in Trains these days. This is all a confused statement. A decade ago when Railways came up with the idea to move the Tuticorin station to Milavittan it was the same set of people who opposed it and now they complain that the level crossings are causing traffic jam within the city. MR. J.P.Joe Villavarayar has come up with these statements forgetting the day time link express to Chennai. I dont think so passengers from Tuticorin would prefer to board a train in Maniyatchi Junction rather boarding the same in Tuticorin.

AICCI - Tuticorin could have focussed on demands that are valid to Tuticorin rather than complaining over the current state.

Even if someone comes up with the saying that the city will develop when the station is moved to Milavittan or a road is laid next to the tracks all the way to Maniyatchi Junction to board trains then following will be the scenario

1) We will never be able to ask for new trains as Railways will be so happy to reject the demands just bey saying board it in Maniyatchi Junction.

2) Station can be moved to Milavittan once it becomes a junction but not at the current state.

3) Railway station is located within the city limits of cities like Nellai, Nagercoil, Madurai, Trichy, Chennai which has more trains than Tuticorin. To reduce congestion just uprooting the station is not the only solution

4) Passengers of our city who find it hard to reach the New Integrated Bus stand located around 10 kms away from the current bus stand will also find it really hard to board a train that will stop 43 kms away from the city.


navin for ur info, there are 2 chambers in tuty, AICCI supported the station shift infact, but the other chamber ICCI is the one which opposed it, being then the oldest chamber and the one with powerful voices on those days it succeeded in retaining the present station and its members r still in power in the railway board today
drjeniki no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 25th, 2013, 10:29 AM   #6839
Navin Augustin
With Care
 
Navin Augustin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Tuticorin
Posts: 780
Likes (Received): 193

Jenkins Anna,

Thanks for the clarification of the number of chambers in Tuticorin Well, if AICCI has supported the station shift then, what is the point of asking the road all the way to Maniyatchi Junction now?

This is more like getting into trouble. Do you really think on the reality people would take a long ride to board the congested train coming from Nagercoil/Nellai. The primary reason came for the road was to board the Mumbai trains. Instead of travelling to Maniyatchi Junction the same passenger can very well travel to Nellai.

If someone says that we had to go through the Nellai traffic, then I can come up with the reason as Maniyatchi Junction does not have facilities.

Yetha yeduthaalum pretchana na yeppudi thaan munnetram kaana?
__________________
Navin Augustin
Navin Augustin no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 25th, 2013, 11:41 AM   #6840
Aswin kumar
Registered User
 
Aswin kumar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Tuticorin/Chennai
Posts: 682
Likes (Received): 149

Thoothukudi flavour in namma Chennai

By Express News Service - CHENNAI 25th July 2013 10:33 AM
Our city has always been a prime destination spot for expos from various countries around the globe. For the first time, the city will witness an expo from one of our own towns– an expo from Thoothukudi titled Chennaiyil Thoothukudi Thiruvizha. The expo promises to bring authentic and native products of Thoothukudi to provide an experience of their lifestyle and life in the Pearl City.

Promoted by the All India Chambers of commerce and Industries (AICCI), the expo will showcase several brands originating from Thoothukudi including Springlers Salts, AVM coconut oil, Hip tea and Agsar paints among others. Nearly 30 stalls including the famous nungu, parotta and other authentic dishes will also be a part of the exhibition.

Apart from this, a convention on Tuticorin as an investment centre will be held at the Raintree Anna Salai, in the presence of four CEOs of major industries in Thoothukudi. The two-day expo will be inaugurated by Union Cabinet Minister of shipping, G K Vasan on July 27 and will be held at the Express Avenue Mall, Royapettah.

Source:http://newindianexpress.com/cities/c...cle1700126.ece

Iam really excited about this roadshow.Now we have everything in our city(Port,Industries,Airport,Logistics,Manufacturing,Good govt officials,),and its all about advertising it.This is a right move.This helps investers,traders or even general public to know the potential of our city.Presence of Union ministers,VOC port chairman,TMB offcials and other big shots adds more value and attraction.And the sweeter news is that after this show in chennai,AICCI is planning to do similar shows in Mumbai,Hyderabad and Bangalore!!!!
Aswin kumar no está en línea   Reply With Quote


Reply

Tags
port

Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT +2. The time now is 12:30 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Feedback Buttons provided by Advanced Post Thanks / Like v3.2.5 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

SkyscraperCity ☆ In Urbanity We trust ☆ about us | privacy policy | DMCA policy

Hosted by Blacksun, dedicated to this site too!
Forum server management by DaiTengu