daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > General Urban Developments > DN Archives

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old June 23rd, 2008, 02:48 PM   #81
RafflesCity
By Spirit

Likes (Received): 105

Heres another update by lifestyle-1881

This tower is rising ahead of the others

RafflesCity no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old July 6th, 2008, 08:45 AM   #82
coolhot

Likes (Received): 0

Good To Be There
CitiWall to take on 30 Storey Glass and Curtain Wall Works
-------------------------------------------------------
www.citiwall.com.sg
coolhot no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 14th, 2008, 05:04 PM   #83
RafflesCity
By Spirit

12 July 2008

Spot the office tower rising on the right.

image hosted on flickr
Old July 26th, 2008, 06:36 PM   #84
RafflesCity
By Spirit

25 July 2008

Old July 26th, 2008, 09:19 PM   #85
Ni3lS

Likes (Received): 3423

Crane maze
[2016] > Norway, Valencia, Arvidsjaur, Innsbruck, Moselvalley, Geneva, Lisbon, Basel, Vosges, Munich, Trieste, Barcelona, Nürburgring, Frankfurt, Spa, Berlin, Wuppertal, Dortmund, Como, Monaco, Saint-Tropez, Tegernsee, Hamburg, Lübeck, Madrid, Stuttgart, Faro, Hochgurgl
[2017] > Düsseldorf, Mallorca, Geneva, Annecy, Montafon, Vorarlberg, Barcelona, Zürich, Crete, Lisbon, Cascais, Málaga, Ronda, Dolomiti, Sistiana, Kitzbühel
Ni3lS no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 11th, 2008, 03:30 PM   #86
RafflesCity
By Spirit

9 August 2008

Taken by Baby

Old August 12th, 2008, 03:18 AM   #87
Dale

Likes (Received): 5505

What a beehive.
Dale no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 12th, 2008, 03:17 PM   #88
Brasil Guy

Likes (Received): 5

As usual in Singaporean construction sites, the first tower is rising pretty fast.
Old August 14th, 2008, 06:55 PM   #89
RafflesCity
By Spirit

BHP Billiton to lease office space at MBFC

14 Aug 08

Aussie firm will take up 150,000 sq ft at Marina Bay Financial Centre's Tower 2

(SINGAPORE) Mining and resources giant BHP Billiton of Australia is leasing about 150,000 sq ft at Marina Bay Financial Centre, BT understands.

The space will be in MBFC's 50-storey Tower 2, under the mega project's first phase, which is slated for completion in second quarter 2010.

BHP Billiton is one of the world's biggest producers of primary aluminium, copper, lead, zinc, nickel, iron ore and metallurgical coal. It is also a major producer and marketer of export thermal coal and has a significant oil and gas business with production operations in Australia, the UK, Gulf of Mexico, Algeria and Pakistan, according to information on the group's website.

Singapore is already one of BHP Billiton's three centralised marketing hubs (the other two are in The Hague in The Netherlands and Antwerp in Belgium) focusing on the Asian energy market, base metals, stainless steel materials and carbon steel-making raw materials. The centre in The Hague focuses on aluminium, petroleum and the European energy coal market, while the Antwerp office serves the group's diamond customers around the world.

BHP Billiton's Singapore operations are currently located at Capital Tower and Springleaf Tower, both near Tanjong Pagar MRT Station. Market watchers expect the group to give up its existing premises when it moves to MBFC. The 150,000 sq ft or so it will be leasing at MBFC is said to be more than twice the group's existing space in Singapore, suggesting expansion plans in Singapore.

BHP Billiton, which is listed on the Australian and London bourses, posted profit after taxation of US$13.5 billion for the year ended June 30, 2007, up 28.2 per cent from the preceding year.

Some property market watchers were pretty impressed with news of BHP Billiton's leasing deal at MBFC given the slower office leasing market.

MBFC is iconic of Singapore's ambitions to be a major financial centre. Including the latest leasing deal with BHP Billiton, MBFC's 2.9 million sq ft total net lettable area of offices is about 60 per cent pre-committed.

Monthly rents in the development are in the region of $16 per sq ft, said Kevin Wong, chief executive of Keppel Land, at a results briefing last month. KepLand is developing MBFC jointly with Hongkong Land and Li Ka-shing's Cheung Kong Holdings/Hutchison Whampoa.

However, BHP Billiton will probably be paying less than the $16 psf rental being quoted, given the size of space it is leasing, market watchers reckon.

Earlier tenants clinched at MBFC include Standard Chartered, which is taking 508,298 sq ft at the 33-storey Tower 1, also in the project's first phase. Barclays and American Express International have signed up for Tower 2, also in Phase 1 and where BHP Billiton will be housed.

The second phase of the project, expected to be completed in 2012, will include Tower 3, with about 1.3 million sq ft of offices, of which about 700,000 sq ft have been leased by DBS.

By KALPANA RASHIWALA
Business Times
Old September 2nd, 2008, 04:11 PM   #90
RafflesCity
By Spirit

29 August 2008

Taken by LittlePig

Old September 11th, 2008, 04:06 AM   #91
RafflesCity
By Spirit

Over 65% of Phase 1 leased out

11 Sep 08

BHP Billiton and Macquarie take up total of more than 216,000 sq ft

(SINGAPORE) The first phase of Marina Bay Financial Centre is 65.6 per cent pre-leased, almost two years ahead of its completion in Q2 2010. Two big names from Australia, BHP Billiton and Macquarie Group, are among the latest tenants announced by the consortium developing the mega project.

The BHP Billiton deal confirms a BT story last month.

The resources giant will lease 142,000 sq ft on levels 44 to 50 of MBFC's Tower 2 under the project's first phase, while Macquarie will take more than 74,000 sq ft on levels 16 to 18 of the same tower. Both tenancies are for 10 years, with options for renewal and expansion.

Murex Southeast Asia, which is involved in software development for trading, risk management and processing, has leased about 25,000 sq ft on level 19 of Tower 2 under a six-year tenancy agreement.

With the latest signings, the total 2.92 million sq ft of Grade A office space in both phases of the MBFC development is 61 per cent pre-committed.

The project is a symbol of Singapore's ambition to be a leading financial centre.

The office component of MBFC's Phase 1 comprises Tower 1, fully let and anchored by Standard Chartered Bank, and Tower 2, which is now 45 per cent pre-leased. The second phase, slated for completion in Q2 2012, consists of Tower 3, which is 55 per cent pre-committed and anchored by DBS Bank with a 700,000 sq ft lease.

MBFC marketing agent CB Richard Ellis's executive director Moray Armstrong said that while overall office leasing momentum in Singapore has eased in the past few months, the latest signings at MBFC are 'a good indicator that demand for quality office space remains in positive territory'.

'There is, of course, some caution among occupiers, but across the majority of our client base we sense there is underlying confidence in Singapore's relative position,' he said.

The MBFC project also includes two residential developments and 119,000 sq ft of retail space. The project is being developed by a consortium comprising Hongkong Land, Keppel Land and Li Ka-shing's Cheung Kong (Holdings)/ Hutchison Whampoa.

By KALPANA RASHIWALA
Old September 15th, 2008, 04:11 PM   #92
RafflesCity
By Spirit

13 September 2008

Old November 3rd, 2008, 03:42 PM   #93
RafflesCity
By Spirit

2 November 2008

Old December 1st, 2008, 08:58 AM   #94
Dr Gonzo

Nice weather when you took them pics
Dr Gonzo no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 4th, 2008, 03:45 AM   #95
Dr Gonzo

updated pics anyone please?
Dr Gonzo no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 4th, 2008, 05:26 AM   #96
weird
vagamundo

Singapore Marina will be incredible when those towers will be finished.

Last edited by weird; December 6th, 2008 at 03:47 AM.
weird no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 4th, 2008, 10:16 AM   #97
Ni3lS

Likes (Received): 3423

It's not Dubai. This is Singapore
[2016] > Norway, Valencia, Arvidsjaur, Innsbruck, Moselvalley, Geneva, Lisbon, Basel, Vosges, Munich, Trieste, Barcelona, Nürburgring, Frankfurt, Spa, Berlin, Wuppertal, Dortmund, Como, Monaco, Saint-Tropez, Tegernsee, Hamburg, Lübeck, Madrid, Stuttgart, Faro, Hochgurgl
[2017] > Düsseldorf, Mallorca, Geneva, Annecy, Montafon, Vorarlberg, Barcelona, Zürich, Crete, Lisbon, Cascais, Málaga, Ronda, Dolomiti, Sistiana, Kitzbühel
Ni3lS no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 6th, 2008, 03:47 AM   #98
weird
vagamundo

Sorry. Typo. My mind was thinking in one thing and my fingers have tapped another one
weird no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 7th, 2008, 06:26 AM   #99
corredor06
BANNED

Likes (Received): 31

great project
corredor06 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 2nd, 2009, 01:37 PM   #100
RafflesCity
By Spirit

28 February 2009