daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > General Urban Developments > DN Archives

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old April 8th, 2007, 11:49 PM   #181
mdiederi
Artist

Likes (Received): 162

When I drove by this morning the glass facade was already wrapping around the end of the west wing.
mdiederi no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old April 9th, 2007, 07:32 AM   #182
mdiederi
Artist

Starting to look big.
Old April 9th, 2007, 07:33 AM   #183
mdiederi
Artist

Some more glass.
Old April 9th, 2007, 07:33 AM   #184
mdiederi
Artist

The Harmon foundation
Old April 10th, 2007, 05:16 AM   #185
Superfish

Likes (Received): 2

Harmon seemed to take awhile but good to see it underway.
Superfish no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 10th, 2007, 10:55 PM   #186
mdiederi
Artist

Tram

Monte Carlo end

Bellagio end
Old April 11th, 2007, 10:26 PM   #187
potipoti
El de los aurones

Likes (Received): 13521

The project is incredible!!! I was there in march and I was like... OMG!!!
potipoti no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 12th, 2007, 03:06 AM   #188
-Corey-
Je suis tout ā vous

Likes (Received): 5227

YEah, This project is the best in Las Vegas, i was there last year..

๏̯͡๏๏̯͡๏
-Corey- no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 12th, 2007, 03:41 AM   #189
CrazyAboutCities

Likes (Received): 240

VERY IMPRESSIVE!!!!!!!! WAY TO GO LAS VEGAS! I love this project!

My only concern about this project is... The monorail... It is seen it will be dead end for monorail. I kept hearing tons of negative comments about Las Vegas monorail. I haven't experience it yet... I haven't been to Las Vegas since 2000. I hope to go there sometime this year or next depends. I wonder if this dead end station will extend sometime within future from now or what?
CrazyAboutCities no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 12th, 2007, 04:51 AM   #190
FastFerrari
I double dog dare you!!!

Likes (Received): 32

This one project is like they are actually building a CityCenter. Cant wait till they put on a lil bit more of the facade to actually see how it compares to....dare i say the Trump thats u/c down the way. By the way wats the Tram...its a type of light rail system that if built would be the most spectacular in world....can someone shed some light on that subject for me...thanx
FastFerrari no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 12th, 2007, 10:59 AM   #191
philip
The Picture Guy

Likes (Received): 71

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastFerrari View Post
This one project is like they are actually building a CityCenter. Cant wait till they put on a lil bit more of the facade to actually see how it compares to....dare i say the Trump thats u/c down the way.
CityCenter is already winning even without comparing the facade. Trump Las Vegas is sitting on a parking garage made of slabs of concrete. It will pale in comparison to CityCenter where visitors and condo owners are greeted by magnificent atriums, dynamic water features, and upscale shopping promenade at ground level.

I applaud MGM's decision to hire world-renowed architects, just look at the differnece it makes.
On the other hand, Trump Tower will be NOTHING, I say "NOTHING" other than a building if it doesn't carry and display the name 'Trump" at the top.

Last edited by philip; April 12th, 2007 at 11:12 AM.
philip no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 12th, 2007, 07:14 PM   #192
mdiederi
Artist

I'm pretty sure the tram at CC will be free to ride. It's not part of the Las Vegas Monorail system and doesn't go very far. They really should connect it to the tram at Excalibur/Luxor and also the one at Mirage/TI, since MGM owns all of those properties. As I understand it, there might also be some other types of people movers inside the CC buildings, but I have no details about that.
Old April 12th, 2007, 08:05 PM   #193
mdiederi
Artist

Just heard that the four towers if front will be increased in height by about 40 feet each, but still not as tall as the main Pelli tower.
Old April 12th, 2007, 08:35 PM   #194
Taylorhoge

Likes (Received): 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdiederi View Post
I'm pretty sure the tram at CC will be free to ride. It's not part of the Las Vegas Monorail system and doesn't go very far. They really should connect it to the tram at Excalibur/Luxor and also the one at Mirage/TI, since MGM owns all of those properties. As I understand it, there might also be some other types of people movers inside the CC buildings, but I have no details about that.
The tram that used to be there was free as well that went between Bellagio and Monte Carlo
Taylorhoge no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 18th, 2007, 05:24 AM   #195
mdiederi
Artist

Facade wrapping around the north side now.
Old April 18th, 2007, 05:26 AM   #196
mdiederi
Artist

Vdara starting to get some floors.
Old April 18th, 2007, 08:51 AM   #197
philip
The Picture Guy

Likes (Received): 71

They are really trying to fit Vdara in such a tight space between the parking garage and the Cosmopolitan. This is like Hong Kong, amazing !!
Old April 21st, 2007, 12:23 AM   #198
mdiederi
Artist

update press release from MGM

LAS VEGAS, April 20, 2007 /PRNewswire-FirstCall via COMTEX News Network/ -- MGM MIRAGE (NYSE: MGM) today provided updated information on its CityCenter cost estimates and the progress of the residential sales efforts.

CityCenter Program and Cost Estimates

Construction of all components of CityCenter is well underway. The components of CityCenter remain unchanged while the gross construction square footage has increased by 670,000 square feet. Management has updated CityCenter's gross construction costs to a total of approximately $7.4 billion, excluding land costs and preopening expenses. Management also has updated its estimate of expected gross proceeds from the sale of residential units, from $2.5 billion to $2.7 billion, resulting in a new estimated net cost of CityCenter of $4.7 billion versus the previous estimate of $4.3 billion. In each case, these net costs exclude approximately $200 million in preopening expenses.

"In a project of the magnitude and complexity of CityCenter, variances are to be expected," said Terry Lanni, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of MGM MIRAGE. "Our revised estimate of costs and revenues represents the increase to the overall development size as well as the tremendous public response to the residential offerings. Unit sales have been robust, and CityCenter continues to track to an on-schedule opening in November 2009."

Residential Sales Progress

Sales of residential units commenced in January 2007 and have been exceptionally strong. Through April 19, 2007, contracts for the sale of residential units have been executed representing over $800 million in sales proceeds at average sales per square foot above original projections. These contracts are accompanied by non-refundable deposits equal to 10% of the purchase price at signing, with a second 10% deposit due in six months from contract signing.

The Company is currently converting reservations to sales contracts for Vdara, the 1,543-unit condominium-hotel tower. During its initial release, the Company has received over 700 reservations and anticipates converting approximately 60% of such units to sales contracts. To date, over 300 of these reservations have been converted to sales contracts. The Company has also begun taking reservations for the two 335-unit Veer towers, and has received over 630 reservation deposits. The Company has only recently begun converting reservations to contract. The residential program at the Mandarin Oriental has been tremendously successful with approximately 90% of the 227 units sold out at higher average price per square foot than originally anticipated. The Company expects to release approximately 200 residences at The Harmon later this year.
Old April 21st, 2007, 11:47 PM   #199
mdiederi
Artist

They added another tower crane behind the Mandarin Oriental.

Old April 21st, 2007, 11:50 PM   #200
mdiederi
Artist

So there are 12 tower cranes on the site so far.

Here are some shots around the southwest side.

Tags
las vegas