daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Continental Forums > United Arab Emirates - دار زايـــد > Dubai Projects > Dubai Project Development

Dubai Project Development Other projects under construction and development

Old December 31st, 2010, 07:06 PM   #681
Tony 90

Likes (Received): 72

Jumeirah Pk last week

Certainly more activity than in Nov, cement trucks and workers buses coming and going.

Tony 90 no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links

Old January 1st, 2011, 12:57 AM   #682
jpark

Likes (Received): 0

Thanks for the pics Tony, much appriciated. By the looks of it there are a number of us thet are being screwed by HSBC and Nakheel with the extra interest that we are paying for nothing. What are peoples thoughts about collectively coming to an agreement that we will not make any more payments to Nakheel until the building is in a position of handover. This could act as our compensation. What are your thoughts?
jpark no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 7th, 2011, 08:54 PM   #683
JPC4

We need to act fast before the separation of Nakheel from DW

http://www.thenational.ae/thenationa...e-of-forecasts
JPC4 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 12th, 2011, 07:18 AM   #684
samy888

HI , i just joined the group, and would like to actively take part in all the meetings inorder to find some solution for us unfortunate owners, pls update is there is any meeting schedule any time soon.

sameer
samy888 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 12th, 2011, 07:19 AM   #685
samy888

HI , i just joined the group, and would like to actively take part in all the meetings inorder to find some solution for us unfortunate owners, pls update is there is any meeting schedule any time soon.

sam
Old January 12th, 2011, 07:21 AM   #686
samy888

by the way is there anyone with a RAKBANK mortgage, as i am stuck with them pretty bad and really need to find some sort of solution
Old January 14th, 2011, 12:56 PM   #687
samy888

hi all

i met my lawyer yesterday and they are definitely very optimistic in winning the case over nakheel to cancel our agreements as they have passed the max completed date which has already been delayed by 1 year and six months , we all now need to serve legal notice to nakheel to refund our paid installements which is clearly stipulated in our contracts.

anyone can contact me on sameer-ansari@hotmail.com inorder to meet up with the lawyer inorder to proceed further.
Old January 21st, 2011, 08:47 PM   #688
camelrider

Quote:
Originally Posted by samy888 View Post
hi all

i met my lawyer yesterday and they are definitely very optimistic in winning the case over nakheel to cancel our agreements as they have passed the max completed date which has already been delayed by 1 year and six months , we all now need to serve legal notice to nakheel to refund our paid installements which is clearly stipulated in our contracts.

anyone can contact me on sameer-ansari@hotmail.com inorder to meet up with the lawyer inorder to proceed further.

Hei mate,

can you please specify, the 'reason' of optimism, especially when you state "the max completed date"........

Do you ACTUALLY have a COMPLETION DATE - BLACK on WHITE in your contract/spa?

Be careful who to trust.....just a thought..... WIN or LOSE if you decide to go to litigation, Lawyers WILL STILL get paid!

I am not being pessimistic, I am in the same SH!T as you might be in......but I have lost faith in this sh!thole big time!
camelrider no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 31st, 2011, 06:40 PM   #689
yomura

If you have not paid any installments via credit note consolidation then you can surely make case against Nakheel.

However if you have paid any installments through credit consolidation then Nakheel inserts new delivery date in the Settlement Agreement.

I suggest to send cancellation notice through Lawyer but routed through Notary Public. Better to try luck on case as that way your loss will be minimum compared to selling the villa where you will lose considerable amount of money
yomura no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 2nd, 2011, 05:26 PM   #690
pakboy
London is London

Likes (Received): 1832

its turned out no where as good as they had marketed it.
Old February 5th, 2011, 11:23 PM   #691
camelrider

Quote:
Originally Posted by yomura View Post
If you have not paid any installments via credit note consolidation then you can surely make case against Nakheel.

However if you have paid any installments through credit consolidation then Nakheel inserts new delivery date in the Settlement Agreement.

I suggest to send cancellation notice through Lawyer but routed through Notary Public. Better to try luck on case as that way your loss will be minimum compared to selling the villa where you will lose considerable amount of money
I have paid my installments as per 'CONSTRUCTION Schedule INSTALLMENTS', through my Bank of course! Have paid 70% so far...& yes I have been paying INTEREST ONLY for the past 2.5 years!...when construction has stopped since OVER a Year & a half ago!

Any ideas???????
camelrider no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 6th, 2011, 12:44 AM   #692
Parisian Girl
MONACO _ Côte d'Azur

Likes (Received): 2746

Nakheel restarts work on Dubai projects

Quote:
6 February 2011

DUBAI — Nakheel has restarted work on all of its projects in Dubai, the master developer’s CEO Chris O’Donnell told reporters on Saturday.

“The contractors are back on all our projects,” he said at the inauguration of the Jumeirah Islands Club.

Chris said that the first projects to be handed over to the customers in 2011 and early 2012 are portions of the Jumeirah Park and Al Furjan.

“The projects will be completed and handed over to the buyers. We are also in discussion with the customers in these projects,” he said.

“The funding provided by the Dubai government helped us move forward,” Chris said.
http://www.khaleejtimes.com/DisplayA...February89.xml
Old February 17th, 2011, 07:13 PM   #693
Venky1

Did a site visit to phase 2a today. All 10 rows of houses ( majority legacy large 4 bed's - approx. 250 houses in all ) have progressed a lot - upto the plastering stage - next being painting and fittings. By the looks of it this phase should be delivered by end of 2011. The row by the lake in this phase is being built from scratch and presently 2 layers of brick work from foundation are done . This row too i suspect will be worked on faster and be delivered by end 2011.

The only negatives are the fact that the villas are very close to each other and makes the whole community look a bit crowded and secondly they have a wall between houses ( like meadows and unlike jumeriah islands ) which makes the garden space look a bit confined and smaller. The swimming pools are also done in lots of the villas and eat a lot of space where the plat sizes are only 6000-7000 sq foot. for the larger plot sizes the pool leaves enough space for a decent garden.

Overall will be quite a pretty community once occupied and the greenery is in place. I think people need to be patient for another few months. I plan to visit the site once a month and see progress which at last for phase 2a seems good.
Venky1 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 17th, 2011, 07:56 PM   #694
jellyfish

Hi Venky, thanks for the update, do you mind taking some pics next time you visit? Did you see any of the 3 bed large villas?
jellyfish no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 19th, 2011, 03:44 AM   #695
share.info

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venky1 View Post
Did a site visit to phase 2a today. All 10 rows of houses ( majority legacy large 4 bed's - approx. 250 houses in all ) have progressed a lot - upto the plastering stage - next being painting and fittings. By the looks of it this phase should be delivered by end of 2011. The row by the lake in this phase is being built from scratch and presently 2 layers of brick work from foundation are done . This row too i suspect will be worked on faster and be delivered by end 2011.

The only negatives are the fact that the villas are very close to each other and makes the whole community look a bit crowded and secondly they have a wall between houses ( like meadows and unlike jumeriah islands ) which makes the garden space look a bit confined and smaller. The swimming pools are also done in lots of the villas and eat a lot of space where the plat sizes are only 6000-7000 sq foot. for the larger plot sizes the pool leaves enough space for a decent garden.

Overall will be quite a pretty community once occupied and the greenery is in place. I think people need to be patient for another few months. I plan to visit the site once a month and see progress which at last for phase 2a seems good.

Hi venky

Please advise on how i can make a visit as i live in the u.k but i am here in Dubai for a week
i would really appreciate if you can p.m me on how i can get on site

thanks
share.info no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 19th, 2011, 11:33 AM   #696
mansouqa

Smile Phases

Good day JP's i'd like to know how are the phases distributed in the project or if there is a site or a file i can download that illustrates the layout of the phases. I'd really appreciates a help here.

Thanks alot
mansouqa no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 1st, 2011, 06:35 AM   #697
samy888

HI Venky

HOw did you manage to view the inside of jp, i would want to do the same . Can you pls advice on it
Old March 1st, 2011, 11:50 AM   #698
Desertrose

I pass by the Jumeirah Park site regularly and I haven't seen any action. I've passed by on different days and times of the week.

Seriously, after reading the articles by Nakheel's CEO I'm in a daze. Are they working on the site secretly in the middle of the night and stopping in the day time??!!

I'm sick of Nakheel taking advantage of us " the customer". I haven't heard from them in over a year and when I hear about something it's usually through the newspapers. No one has ever challenged what their CEO has been saying publicly. There is no action on site. False statements just to promote their clubs!

The photos posted on this site gave me hope and the comments about package 2a sounds promising. I think these photos depict how far the construction got to a few years back. I thank you for the photos and appreciate the effort taken in posting them to share with all of us. Please help us more and take monthly photos so we can compare and see if they're advancing in construction.

Some one prove me wrong! I was around the area two weeks ago and watched for a while to see if there's any action. There is nothing!
Desertrose no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 5th, 2011, 11:43 AM   #699
samy888

no work at all

Hi guys, i totally agree with desert rose , nakheel does seem to be working in a veru secret manner or maybe has invisible workers and machinery which cannot be seen by the normal folk.

The funny thing is nakheel customer care themselves told me that the progress of my villa in phase 2a has been upto 25% only which actually means 10% , i have my serious doubts that anything has progressed any further.

sam
Old March 9th, 2011, 09:38 AM   #700
hamadah

I bought a villa in Package 2a two years ago, and the completion was 75%+ up to plastering, and so other villas I have seen that time, i am wondering if there is any recent progress on these. if these are the ones they are referring to as achieving progress it is a big lie
hamadah no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
dubai