daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > General Urban Developments > DN Archives



Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.


Reply

 
Thread Tools
Old March 31st, 2010, 06:54 PM   #3881
foxmulder
Registered User
 
foxmulder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 2,135
Likes (Received): 381

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rise To The Top View Post
^Longer. They won't be allowed to pour during expo.
This is stupid. Why they decided to stop all construction work for 6 months??? Huge time lost for Shanghai.
__________________

Highcliff liked this post
foxmulder no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old March 31st, 2010, 07:07 PM   #3882
Ewan117
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 267
Likes (Received): 18

I thought they wanted to stop all construction work to reduce the pollution in the air? reduce dust for the visitors? I wonder whether the government will take further action during these six months to further make the environment clearer, like what they did for the Beijing Olympics
__________________

Highcliff liked this post
Ewan117 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 1st, 2010, 12:45 AM   #3883
Rise To The Top
Future CiE and Architect
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Boston/Holderness
Posts: 403
Likes (Received): 88

Quote:
Originally Posted by foxmulder View Post
This is stupid. Why they decided to stop all construction work for 6 months??? Huge time lost for Shanghai.
Construction traffic and the pollution from the traffic is a big factor. Luijiazui was a mess during that first initial pour. I'd say they are probably going to pour again before expo, then let it cure for the time being. Just picture how many trucks it took to make a 60,000cubic meter pour possible, esp with setting times. Traffic must have been terrible.
__________________

Highcliff liked this post
Rise To The Top no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 1st, 2010, 04:20 AM   #3884
foxmulder
Registered User
 
foxmulder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 2,135
Likes (Received): 381

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ewan117 View Post
I thought they wanted to stop all construction work to reduce the pollution in the air? reduce dust for the visitors? I wonder whether the government will take further action during these six months to further make the environment clearer, like what they did for the Beijing Olympics

Well, there are no athletes running a marathon in here and this is not 1 but 6 months. It is just a big time lost in my view. Even GDP figures might be affected for the city.
__________________

Highcliff liked this post
foxmulder no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 1st, 2010, 07:54 AM   #3885
Parisian Girl
MONACO _ Côte d'Azur
 
Parisian Girl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: PARIS - Monte Carlo - London
Posts: 16,678
Likes (Received): 2829

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fury View Post
Hi all.

60,000 cubic meters in a single continuous pour - awesome.

PG it will take a long time but they will be able to get ready for and start pouring core walls right away as there won't be much weight for a while.

The BK is the only raft I know of that they waited 6 months (Sep 04 - Mar 05) before they started getting ready for the core walls. Some of this time may have been because of switching over to the tower contractors but I know they did want to wait for some curing time.

All other foundations I have been "watching" there was no wait time before forming up and pouring core walls. With the pace of this project I'm sure it will be right away as well.

Thanks Fury. Great insight, as always.
__________________
Je m'appelle Paris

Highcliff liked this post
Parisian Girl no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 1st, 2010, 09:28 AM   #3886
DennisS
Just a student
 
DennisS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Eindhoven
Posts: 766
Likes (Received): 70

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fury View Post
Hi all.

60,000 cubic meters in a single continuous pour - awesome.

PG it will take a long time but they will be able to get ready for and start pouring core walls right away as there won't be much weight for a while.

The BK is the only raft I know of that they waited 6 months (Sep 04 - Mar 05) before they started getting ready for the core walls. Some of this time may have been because of switching over to the tower contractors but I know they did want to wait for some curing time.

All other foundations I have been "watching" there was no wait time before forming up and pouring core walls. With the pace of this project I'm sure it will be right away as well.

The curing time of concrete is 28 days until it has its full strength, but from what I heared there were initially some problems with the BK raft and new contractors, so I guess that's why there was some delay.

Indead there is only a very little weight on the raft with only the first corewalls climbing up, so I guess (if the raft and the contractors are ok) they keep on going at full speed.

__________________

Highcliff liked this post
DennisS no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 1st, 2010, 12:29 PM   #3887
z0rg
fok julle naaiers
 
z0rg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Madrid
Posts: 24,722
Likes (Received): 15902

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rise To The Top View Post
Construction traffic and the pollution from the traffic is a big factor. Luijiazui was a mess during that first initial pour. I'd say they are probably going to pour again before expo, then let it cure for the time being. Just picture how many trucks it took to make a 60,000cubic meter pour possible, esp with setting times. Traffic must have been terrible.
60,000m3, is that a record for a single tower? World's largest concrete bukkake ever?
__________________
What is dead may never die, but rises again, harder and stronger.

More than 300 supertall projects on going in China.

Highcliff liked this post
z0rg no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 1st, 2010, 01:04 PM   #3888
Oasis-Bangkok
From Zero to Hero !!
 
Oasis-Bangkok's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Bangkok
Posts: 15,698
Likes (Received): 50677

detail of Shanghai Tower







On the top

















Thank pics from Liftok.com
__________________

Highcliff liked this post
Oasis-Bangkok no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 1st, 2010, 01:07 PM   #3889
Eastern37
Optimist
 
Eastern37's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Townsville
Posts: 6,494
Likes (Received): 3046

This building is so amazing, i havent seen renders of the top before looks awesome
Eastern37 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 1st, 2010, 01:32 PM   #3890
HK999
University of HK / 香港大學
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Hong Kong SAR / 香港特區
Posts: 3,389
Likes (Received): 336

just beautiful, again: lucky shanghai.
__________________
Sapientia et Virtus 明德格物
Industrial Organization, MSc

Highcliff liked this post
HK999 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 1st, 2010, 01:56 PM   #3891
The seventh shape
Master of his domain
 
The seventh shape's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 1,355
Likes (Received): 817

What a massive pit, was it this deep for Burj Khalifa? There are no images of it on its thread.
__________________

Highcliff liked this post
The seventh shape no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 1st, 2010, 02:22 PM   #3892
staff
囧!
 
staff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Hong Kong | Singapore | Melbourne | Malmö | Copenhagen | Shanghai
Posts: 10,830
Likes (Received): 717

Quote:
Originally Posted by z0rg View Post
concrete bukkake
__________________

Highcliff liked this post
staff no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 2nd, 2010, 12:09 AM   #3893
King of Construction
skyscraperized
 
King of Construction's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Kelpen-Oler
Posts: 801
Likes (Received): 254

Quote:
Originally Posted by HK999 View Post
just beautiful, again: lucky shanghai.
Lucky Milan!
__________________
As finishing touch, God created the Dutch

Visited countries: Austria-Belgium-Bosnia & Herzegovina-Bulgaria-Canada-Croatia-Czech Republic-England-France-Germany-Greece-Hong Kong-Italy-Liechtenstein- Luxembourg
Malaysia-Montenegro-Morocco-the Netherlands-Poland-Serbia-Singapore-Spain- Switzerland-Turkey-United Arab Emirates-United States of America-Wales

Highcliff liked this post
King of Construction no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 2nd, 2010, 12:17 AM   #3894
Peloso
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Away from Macaronia
Posts: 1,173
Likes (Received): 245

Quote:
Originally Posted by King of Construction View Post
Lucky Milan!
Who'd have thought those macaroni were able to build a 632 mt. tower!
__________________
Save Italy, fight the Macaroni
E(xtinction)=m(afia)c(reeps)˛

Highcliff liked this post
Peloso no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 2nd, 2010, 12:18 AM   #3895
MTF
Registered User
 
MTF's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 2,778
Likes (Received): 203

April fool!
__________________
There is no excellent beauty that hath not some strangeness in the proportion - Francis Bacon

Highcliff liked this post
MTF no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 2nd, 2010, 04:41 AM   #3896
VRS
Registered User
 
VRS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Jakarta
Posts: 46,751
Likes (Received): 11519

very nice rendering picture....
__________________

Highcliff liked this post
VRS no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 2nd, 2010, 05:06 AM   #3897
Pansori
planquadrat
 
Pansori's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: London - Vilnius
Posts: 9,956
Likes (Received): 6859

Cheers for Milan! Finally Europe will have a proper supertall
Pansori no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 2nd, 2010, 05:11 AM   #3898
VRS
Registered User
 
VRS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Jakarta
Posts: 46,751
Likes (Received): 11519

wish ur dream come true in reality mate...
__________________

Highcliff liked this post
VRS no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 2nd, 2010, 07:57 AM   #3899
Fury
Proudly Canadian
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 2,059
Likes (Received): 350

Hi all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DennisS View Post
The curing time of concrete is 28 days until it has its full strength, but from what I heared there were initially some problems with the BK raft and new contractors, so I guess that's why there was some delay.

Indead there is only a very little weight on the raft with only the first corewalls climbing up, so I guess (if the raft and the contractors are ok) they keep on going at full speed.

Hi Dennis.
28 days for normal concrete but additives can change that number significantly.
The other issue is the size and thickness of the block of concrete. Full strength can take years - indeed decades when we are talking about Dam size.
As we were both saying there should be no problem forming up core walls right away.
2 points :
- I wonder what the plan is during expo. I am concerned to hear there may be some wait time.
- I'm pretty sure 60,000 meters cubed is a world record for a foundation pour. I hope the number is accurate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by the seventh shape
What a massive pit, was it this deep for Burj Khalifa? There are no images of it on its thread.
Hi seventh.
The BK has only 2 lower levels and one of those is counted in the official "above ground" height measurements. The original excavation was only around 10 meters deep. I only have a few shots from back then as there were precious few from the project at that time.

__________________
Burj Khalifa - The Greatest Structure of our Time !!

Highcliff liked this post
Fury no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 2nd, 2010, 04:55 PM   #3900
Qtya
sensational
 
Qtya's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Budapest - Brussels
Posts: 15,047
Likes (Received): 9050

Incredible how graceful this building is... Just love it! Most beautiful skyscraper I have ever seen... It's beauty almost makes me cry...
__________________
„A nemzet csak akkor remélhet egy jobb jövőben, ha polgárai képesek közös erőfeszítéssel felelősséget vállalni a közjóért.”

II. János Pál pápa
Qtya no está en línea   Reply With Quote


Reply

Tags
china, gensler, hypertall, lujiazui financial center, pudong, pudong new area, shanghai, shanghai center, supertall

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Related topics on SkyscraperCity


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 09:27 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Feedback Buttons provided by Advanced Post Thanks / Like (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

SkyscraperCity ☆ In Urbanity We trust ☆ about us | privacy policy | DMCA policy

Hosted by Blacksun, dedicated to this site too!
Forum server management by DaiTengu