daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > General Urban Developments > DN Archives

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old April 2nd, 2010, 05:31 PM   #3901
Blue Flame
Get Silly!

Likes (Received): 575

Well don't get too excited, we don't know how this will turn out yet. Renders almost always make it look better than it is. Just don't go overboard.

Highcliff liked this post
Blue Flame no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old April 2nd, 2010, 10:34 PM   #3902
Maggern2k

Likes (Received): 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Flame View Post
Well don't get too excited, we don't know how this will turn out yet. Renders almost always make it look better than it is. Just don't go overboard.
Actually, I've seen just as many renders which proved otherwise. Shanghai IFC being the prime example.

Maggern2k no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 2nd, 2010, 11:32 PM   #3903
Ahmad Rashid Ahmad
Sapphire

Likes (Received): 6164

Amazing render.......
Ahmad Rashid Ahmad no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 3rd, 2010, 12:53 AM   #3904
FM 2258

Likes (Received): 611

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maggern2k View Post
Actually, I've seen just as many renders which proved otherwise. Shanghai IFC being the prime example.
I agree, most of the time the actual building looks much better than the rendering in my opinion.

FM 2258 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 3rd, 2010, 07:00 PM   #3905
mightygoose

Likes (Received): 10

so the inner skin, is it circular with the rotating tri focal curve for the outer skin, or is it just a less radicalised tri focal curve. i'm trying to estimate based on the shapes of the periodic sky lobbies but can't tell for sure.

mightygoose no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 4th, 2010, 01:11 AM   #3906
UAE_isthebest

Likes (Received): 38

A truly magnificent skyscraper.. great for Shanghai

UAE_isthebest no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 4th, 2010, 02:43 PM   #3907
robert44444uk
Dhaka, Bangladesh

Likes (Received): 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fury View Post
- I'm pretty sure 60,000 meters cubed is a world record for a foundation pour. I hope the number is accurate.
That is equivalent to a square based equilateral pyramid (as in Giza-style) 63 metres (207 ft) high.

robert44444uk no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 4th, 2010, 08:45 PM   #3908
egramsb

Likes (Received): 391

Quote:
Originally Posted by robert44444uk View Post
That is equivalent to a square based equilateral pyramid (as in Giza-style) 63 metres (207 ft) high.
Not quite. The big pyramid of Khufu is 230m square and was originally 146.5m high. So the volume is 230^2*146.5/3 = 2,580,000m3. The pour was 60,000m3 or a fraction 0.032 of that. So the pyramid has to shrink a factor 0.032^(1/3)=0.285 to have the same volume, which would make it 65.6m wide and 41.8m high. Still impressive, I admit.

egramsb está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old April 5th, 2010, 08:11 AM   #3909
twister6284

Likes (Received): 3

To put that 65.6m wide, 41.8m high pyramid in another perspective, I found it easy to compare with the WTC towers, which were 64m wide and 417m / 415m tall (roof). Such a pyramid of concrete would almost exactly match the footprint of either tower, and be almost exactly 1/10th the height, perhaps 11 floors high (out of 110). Agreed, that's *massive* for one pour.

Last edited by twister6284; April 5th, 2010 at 08:26 AM. Reason: Small correction to the up arrows to make it easier on the eyes. Hey, I'm OCD, can't help it.
twister6284 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 5th, 2010, 02:28 PM   #3910
korea2002

Likes (Received): 1269

Detail Information

http://www.swagroup.com/site_admin/n...ghai_Tower.pdf

korea2002 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 5th, 2010, 02:56 PM   #3911
TXSkyWatcher

Likes (Received): 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by FM 2258 View Post
I agree, most of the time the actual building looks much better than the rendering in my opinion.
I agree.....the new tower in Austin is a great example.

TXSkyWatcher no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 5th, 2010, 06:16 PM   #3912
kabuto

Likes (Received): 2

Amazing project indeed! I reckon it will have much more floor space than the Burj Khalifa...

kabuto no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 5th, 2010, 07:06 PM   #3913
Pansori
planquadrat

Likes (Received): 6859

Quote:
Originally Posted by kabuto View Post
Amazing project indeed! I reckon it will have much more floor space than the Burj Khalifa...

ST will have a total of 550 000 m2 (below grade and above grade) and Burj Kalifa 464 000m2. This is the info given by Wikipedia.

The price tag for ST is US$2.2 billion and BK is US$1.5 billion. So overall, despite being shorter (i.e. not having a tall spire), ST is bigger and more expensive tower. And, in my opinion, much nicer and sophisticated.
Pansori está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old April 5th, 2010, 07:35 PM   #3914
Ewan117

Likes (Received): 18

I think the west tower in Gz, standing at 440m has more or similar floor space to BK

Ewan117 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 6th, 2010, 10:57 AM   #3915
snapdragon

Likes (Received): 368

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pansori View Post
ST will have a total of 550 000 m2 (below grade and above grade) and Burj Kalifa 464 000m2. This is the info given by Wikipedia.

The price tag for ST is US$2.2 billion and BK is US$1.5 billion. So overall, despite being shorter (i.e. not having a tall spire), ST is bigger and more expensive tower. And, in my opinion, much nicer and sophisticated.
+1

snapdragon no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 6th, 2010, 03:27 PM   #3916
DerFlo4711

Likes (Received): 6

I wonder if thay're gonna continue on with another even taller building beside the ST, and taller after that. Would be a kind of stairway to the sky, which it is already now but only with two complete steps and one under construction. That way people would always have jobs and it could be like a "little" city project. Plus,... I'd watch that.

DerFlo4711 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 6th, 2010, 08:36 PM   #3917
giovani kun
====(^.^)====

Likes (Received): 559

Have I missed something..I have not seen a picture of the foundation block after the pour .. there were some pictures of the unfinished job ..do we have such pictures after the pour was made ?

giovani kun no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 6th, 2010, 09:02 PM   #3918
sickasick

Likes (Received): 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerFlo4711 View Post
I wonder if thay're gonna continue on with another even taller building beside the ST, and taller after that. Would be a kind of stairway to the sky, which it is already now but only with two complete steps and one under construction. That way people would always have jobs and it could be like a "little" city project. Plus,... I'd watch that.
i don't think there will be any building taller than ST in lujiazui in the near future (at least a few decades). check out 'shanghai urban planning museum' for future shanghai skylines.

there could be more super-talls rising from the ground in other CBD areas in shanghai, but it is more likely to see future buildings surpassing ST in cities such as Shenzhen, Tianjin and Chongqing.

sickasick no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 6th, 2010, 10:44 PM   #3919
tommy949

Likes (Received): 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by sickasick View Post
i don't think there will be any building taller than ST in lujiazui in the near future (at least a few decades). check out 'shanghai urban planning museum' for future shanghai skylines.

there could be more super-talls rising from the ground in other CBD areas in shanghai, but it is more likely to see future buildings surpassing ST in cities such as Shenzhen, Tianjin and Chongqing.
Don't forget Guangzhou

tommy949 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 6th, 2010, 10:56 PM   #3920
snapdragon

Likes (Received): 368

Quote:
Originally Posted by sickasick View Post

considering the Wuhan 660 is a project the municipal govt is dam serious about and Zhuhai 680 is all set to be implemented considering they just invested heavily in one of the best roadway exchanges in the world in zhuhai . Zhuhai 680 is a definite possibility. Also since pingan has ran some many campaigns . i think the Pingan IFC will be 646 mt and it is already in construction . I think by 2020 if shanghai zhongxin manages to stay in top 5 tallest buildings of China it would be a great achievement

snapdragon no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
china, gensler, hypertall, lujiazui financial center, pudong, pudong new area, shanghai, shanghai center, supertall