daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > General Urban Developments > DN Archives

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old January 18th, 2011, 03:08 PM   #5921
Scrapernab2

Likes (Received): 99

Quote:
Originally Posted by googledpeakoil View Post
I really can't understand the cranes being outside the core! I can't believe they haven't thought this out.
I promise, they did.
Scrapernab2 no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old January 18th, 2011, 03:21 PM   #5922
VRS

Likes (Received): 11688

last picture its very nice view to see the progress...
VRS está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old January 18th, 2011, 05:01 PM   #5923
patrykus

Likes (Received): 1794

Quote:
I really can't understand the cranes being outside the core! I can't believe they haven't thought this out.
Why not cranes growing inside the lift shaft? The point is that lift shafts carry on throughout the building so don't intersect floors. Where the cranes are now no floors can be built while the cranes remain.
I imagine lifting up 220t hunks of steel means the cranes can't hang over very far ... so maybe that's the problem - if they were in the lift shafts then maybe they wouldn't be able to reach over to the outside of the building (once that start climbing)... can't think of any other reason.
It's also going to be interesting to see how the steels that are on every 10-12th floor will go in. Maybe in a month we'll see this start to happen? I'd imagine they'd wait till the core has gone several levels past it, the concrete has hardened and the scaffolding cleared.
It's interesting to see the super-columns starting to grow - well spotted Pablo - I just scrolled up to check to see if they had appeared. I'm curious if they will be steel or steel and concrete like the core - i would have expected steel only but we'll see.
Look at the picture below the cranes are actually able to rise theirs towers (remember they were originally installed on the bottom of the hole), thats probably also the reason why they dont have modules for adding new pieces (they simply don't need them)

patrykus no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 18th, 2011, 05:33 PM   #5924
AltinD
The Modecator

Likes (Received): 6077

Quote:
Why not cranes growing inside the lift shaft? The point is that lift shafts carry on throughout the building so don't intersect floors. Where the cranes are now no floors can be built while the cranes remain.
I imagine lifting up 220t hunks of steel means the cranes can't hang over very far ... so maybe that's the problem - if they were in the lift shafts then maybe they wouldn't be able to reach over to the outside of the building (once that start climbing)... can't think of any other reason.
It's also going to be interesting to see how the steels that are on every 10-12th floor will go in. Maybe in a month we'll see this start to happen? I'd imagine they'd wait till the core has gone several levels past it, the concrete has hardened and the scaffolding cleared.
It's interesting to see the super-columns starting to grow - well spotted Pablo - I just scrolled up to check to see if they had appeared. I'm curious if they will be steel or steel and concrete like the core - i would have expected steel only but we'll see.
The bases of the cranes rise as the tower rises. Inside the lift shaft you can only fit one crane, probably two at max.
I can cheat you blind.

AltinD no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 18th, 2011, 09:14 PM   #5925
OEincorparated

Likes (Received): 47

Still amazing how they can get so much concrete up to pour the floors of the tower.
OEincorparated no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 19th, 2011, 02:45 AM   #5926
drunkenmunkey888

Likes (Received): 53

Quote:
Originally Posted by HK999 View Post
holy moly! this must be the largest core i've ever seen so far. such a humongous tower, i can only imagine how it will look like when finished. the progress being made in the last 4 weeks is just amazing, that's what i call fast.
That core is bigger than entire finished buildings
drunkenmunkey888 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 19th, 2011, 03:21 AM   #5927
CocoMay

Likes (Received): 2

Oh my...

China supertall rock.
CocoMay no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 19th, 2011, 03:49 AM   #5928
Fury
Proudly Canadian

Likes (Received): 350

Hi all.

Quote:
Hi google.
In addition to the 2 answers above on many projects the shafts are being worked on and some lifts are installed before the cranes are removed. Early on the construction workers use the external temporary lifts - later they use some of the permanent lifts as well.

Ray.
Old January 19th, 2011, 12:44 PM   #5929
googledpeakoil

Likes (Received): 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fury View Post
Hi all.

Hi google.
In addition to the 2 answers above on many projects the shafts are being worked on and some lifts are installed before the cranes are removed. Early on the construction workers use the external temporary lifts - later they use some of the permanent lifts as well.

Ray.
There's about 20+ lift cores in that massive core - if the cranes used 2 of them then there would still be others that could be used as temporary ones for construction work ... maybe these cranes are so massive that the self-climbing is bigger in width than even the largest lift shafts?

But the cranes where they are as I can see have disadvantages:
massive cantilevered steel supports that are complicated and get in the way.
inability to construct floor plates as the cranes cross the floors.

We can wait to see how they build higher to see why they have chosen this - but it's quite unusual I think. Normally you have some in the core lift shafts, then some around the outside of the building that bolt on. All the steels do then is block a few windows which get put in as the building is nearing completion.
googledpeakoil no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 19th, 2011, 01:35 PM   #5930
armyv

Quote:

We can wait to see how they build higher to see why they have chosen this - but it's quite unusual I think. Normally you have some in the core lift shafts, then some around the outside of the building that bolt on. All the steels do then is block a few windows which get put in as the building is nearing completion.
No, it's not unusual. The Burj Khalifa TC were also out of the core. Only the climbing method looks different. Bk cranes risen then they add new pieces in.
Here it looks they build first a new support, press the whole crane till the center support up and after that, the lover support will remove. So the floor plates 10-20 stages behind the core.
armyv no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 19th, 2011, 07:32 PM   #5931
charles54
ARCHITECT

Likes (Received): 39

brilliant tower! lot of progress since the last month!
charles54 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 19th, 2011, 11:35 PM   #5932
OEincorparated

Quote:
Originally Posted by drunkenmunkey888 View Post
That core is bigger than entire finished buildings
I know, that's alot of concrete and steel.
Old January 19th, 2011, 11:55 PM   #5933
z0rg
fok julle naaiers

Likes (Received): 16054

By oceanbrain

More than 300 supertall projects on going in China.
z0rg no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 20th, 2011, 01:30 AM   #5934
OEincorparated

Huge! Those super columns are bigger then the cars.
Old January 20th, 2011, 02:24 AM   #5935
Theca Winter

it almost looks like a waffle.
Theca Winter no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 20th, 2011, 02:44 AM   #5936
MattTheTubaGuy
Skyscrapers to the stars

Likes (Received): 647

Quote:
Originally Posted by OEincorparated View Post
Huge! Those super columns are bigger then the cars.
Bigger than buses!

Complete and T/O Supertalls Map
U/C Supertalls Map
Prep and O/H Supertalls Map
All Supertalls map!

Google Earth map (WIP)

ZZ-II's World Supertalls List

view my buildings made on Maya
MattTheTubaGuy no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 20th, 2011, 03:06 AM   #5937
oliver999
starwar

Likes (Received): 1141

i think it is snowing in shanghai
Old January 20th, 2011, 04:20 AM   #5938
Nordschleife

Likes (Received): 713

骑扫把的luna
Nordschleife no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 20th, 2011, 01:07 PM   #5939
charles54
ARCHITECT

Likes (Received): 39

very good progress! all the super-columns are installed wouldn't be too long before we can see the rise!
charles54 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 20th, 2011, 01:21 PM   #5940
kix111

Likes (Received): 2929

This morning by me, this snow is huge for Shanghai!!

[IMG]http://i55.************/25psho3.jpg[/IMG]
kix111 no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
china, gensler, hypertall, lujiazui financial center, pudong, pudong new area, shanghai, shanghai center, supertall