daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > General Urban Developments > DN Archives

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old September 6th, 2012, 06:06 PM   #11981
phoenixboi08

Likes (Received): 791

Quote:
Originally Posted by kix111 View Post
This is not central Luajizui though, its the old shipyard, all the way next to Yanggao road?
Oh, sorry for the confusion.
It's on the riverfront; the side facing Hongkou (a little bit to the right in the 2nd photo below), which is much more peaceful an area to walk in if you want to enjoy the river and not crowds. There's some old buildings and warehouses that they refurbished along with the developments there. That old warehouse below is where I took that panorama from. There's a nice grassy area where I used to go sit and sketch/read/picnic (31.246639,121.510156 on google maps). If you look closely, you can see the cranes on the ST site peeking up between SWFC and Jin Mao.

It's actually not that far away, it's on the other side of Pudong Ave. about 2km away from The Trio
I was just posting it because your comment made me remember it

I was shocked when I realized how much of that area was still quite empty. I guess that's where they're envisioning the eastward expansion of Lujiazui.

I think there's nothing proposed for that plot tbh. I think it'll be a green space until/if they decide to put something there. I don't know if they're planning another supertall in the area in the near future. Anyone know if they are?

Highcliff liked this post

Last edited by phoenixboi08; July 23rd, 2013 at 05:45 AM. Reason: typos
phoenixboi08 no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old September 6th, 2012, 10:35 PM   #11982
hmmwv

Likes (Received): 420

The green netting inside pretty much indicates that internal cladding will start.
Old September 7th, 2012, 12:17 AM   #11983
BarbaricManchurian
来了就是深圳人

Likes (Received): 6878

Quote:
Originally Posted by phoenixboi08 View Post
Oh, sorry for the confusion.
It's on the riverfront; the side facing Hongkou (a little bit to the right in the 2nd photo below), which is much more peaceful an area to walk in if you want to enjoy the river and not crowds. There's some old buildings and warehouses that they refurbished along with the developments there. That old warehouse below is where I took that panorama from. There's a nice grassy area where I used to go sit and sketch/read/picnic (31.246639,121.510156 on google maps). If you look closely, you can see the cranes on the ST site peeking up between SWFC and Jin Mao.

https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphot..._5850769_n.jpg

It's actually not that far away, it's on the other side of Pudong Ave. about 2km away from The Trio
I was just posting it because your comment made me remember it

I was shocked when I realized how much of that area was still quite empty. I guess that's where they're envisioning the eastward expansion of Lujiazui.

http://ewcg.dreamhosters.com/wp-cont...tower3_900.jpg

I think there's nothing proposed for that plot tbh. I think it'll be a green space until/if they decide to put something there. I don't know if they're planning another supertall in the area in the near future. Anyone know if they are?
The empty plot in the pic by lowai is supposed to be the last phase of the nearby residential development. Someone posted a render earlier and it looked at least 280m tall.
BarbaricManchurian no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 7th, 2012, 01:03 AM   #11984
skyscraper03

Likes (Received): 44

Excellent height, excellent architecture.
Just magnificent.

Not just this building, Shanghai could really become the new brightest jewel in all of East Asia or perhaps in the World. I hope it makes great contributions to the humanity once it reaches the point as mighty cities like Tokyo and New York did
skyscraper03 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 7th, 2012, 04:49 AM   #11985
bigreach
GF 117 #1, Lotte Tower #2

Likes (Received): 739

Wow incredible, looks like the only place you can look out from the outter cladding, is on top of the trusses,, Cannot wait to see inner cladding,, I hope to hell it has a greenish tint,, just saw so many renders, with a Greenish tint.. IT LOOKED GREAT. Shanghai Tower is just on pace to be the Best of our Generation
Old September 7th, 2012, 08:56 AM   #11986
TowerJunkie

Likes (Received): 127

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultros View Post
Eh they'll live. At least it looks badass from the outside.
Yup, they will live just as I have in my little commie block prisonesque concrete building and cubicle for the last three years.

In all that open space though, climate control will be difficult with all that solar energy, temperature gradient, and humidity.

It would be a dream come true to work in this building.
TowerJunkie no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 7th, 2012, 09:50 AM   #11987
MBarendse
Stijgende lijn, das fijn!

Likes (Received): 416

Quote:
Originally Posted by amazonico24 View Post
I LOVE CHINA AMAZING TOWER PLZ TAKE ME TO CHINA ... CHINA IS FIRST IN EVERYTHING SPORT BULDINGS ECONOMY UFFF THE NEW ASIATIC POWER ... NICE PROYECT I LOVE SHANGAI ,,, SORRY I NEW HERE I FROM LONDON UK... HIII
Looks like you're having some problems with your caps-lock key...

''Ene tooren maekt noch geen skijlijn''
www.twitter.com/mtjBarendse
FLICKR
MBarendse no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 7th, 2012, 11:38 AM   #11988
TowerJunkie

Likes (Received): 127

Quote:
Originally Posted by MBarendse View Post
Looks like you're having some problems with your caps-lock key...
I'm sorry. Grammar police to the rescue! Nothign better to do, this is too juicy to pass up.

Oh Nevermind...
TowerJunkie no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 7th, 2012, 05:32 PM   #11989
CompayEE
CompayEE

Likes (Received): 29

All about China’s craze over giant skyscrapers
Luc Citrinot - 05 September 2012, 10:24

http://www.traveldailynews.asia/news...o-s-craze-over

The craze for the tallest buildings in China will take place between Shanghai and Shenzhen. Shanghai is looking now at getting in 2014 its Shanghai Tower. Started in 2008, the construction faced delays due to technical problems. It should reach a height of 400 meter at the end of the year before reaching its final height of 632 meters next year. It will be the world’s second highest building only surpassed by the Burj Khalifa in Dubai. Unfortunately for its owners, the tower will only be the tallest of China for just a year time once the Pingan IFC Tower in Shenzhen has been completed. The latter will reach the sky at 648 meter and is the work of another famed world architect cabinet Kohn Pedersen Fox.

Craze, arrogance or a bit of both? The Xiaoxiang Morning Post in Changsha, the capital of central China's Hunan Province –and a rather unknown city for most travellers- will built the world’s tallest building. Proposed by the Yuanda Group, Sky City would be a 220-storey building, with a height of 838 meters, ten meters higher than Burj Khalifa. More amazing, Yuanda Group declares that the construction will take less than a year –some reports indicate two months, some other seven months. It took for the Burj Khalifa six years to be completed and four years for Taiwan’s Taipei 101, formerly the world’s highest construction. Mission impossible for Changsha ? Most probably...

Figures released by skyscraper-observing website motiancity.com show that as of March 2011, Mainland China had built 350 skyscrapers higher than 152 meters, outstripping the number in the United States. The country is currently adding another 287 high-rises over the next three to four years.

Such a fever will also create problems of environmental sustainability, safety issues on construction –probably the case of the Changsha project- security issues in case of problem –such as a fire for example. And not to mention all the problems of oversupply in the market with the necessity to fill up all new offices, apartments and hotel rooms which are due to inundate the market.

Far of the legendary Asian wisdom in business, China’s speculative building boom is going unabated to cheer up some egos. Beware of Prometheus' myth...

CompayEE no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 7th, 2012, 11:05 PM   #11990
Pansori
planquadrat

Likes (Received): 6859

Sounds like just another article which is using data and information taken right out of the ass.
Pansori no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 8th, 2012, 11:03 AM   #11991
Legomaniac

Likes (Received): 1955

Quote:
Originally Posted by skymex View Post
Oh my god, the moon!!!
i can almost see the flags...such an amazing photograph..
Legomaniac no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 8th, 2012, 03:03 PM   #11992
kix111

Likes (Received): 2929

kix111 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 8th, 2012, 03:30 PM   #11993
OldBoy137
Ph3nom

Likes (Received): 851

Love this cladding.
Instagram - lastph3nom
LastFm
OldBoy137 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 8th, 2012, 05:16 PM   #11994
filipu94

Likes (Received): 79

So far it looks great, though
filipu94 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 8th, 2012, 05:56 PM   #11995
charles54
ARCHITECT

Likes (Received): 39

thanks kix111 i was longing for a pic from that angle
charles54 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 8th, 2012, 08:28 PM   #11996
bigreach
GF 117 #1, Lotte Tower #2

Likes (Received): 739

nice photo's kix where exactly do you get an angle like that? Maybe from SWFC or Jin Mao?
Old September 8th, 2012, 08:53 PM   #11997
General Huo

Likes (Received): 432

some snap shots by me on Sept 3rd.

“匈奴未灭,无以家为也!” 汉冠军侯景桓侯骠骑大将军大司马霍去病

General Huo no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 9th, 2012, 11:57 PM   #11998
billgates

Likes (Received): 225

How will they cover up the white frame that holds up the external cladding?
billgates no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 10th, 2012, 12:48 AM   #11999
jhalsey

Likes (Received): 181

This is on the way to being massively impressive.
jhalsey no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 10th, 2012, 01:44 AM   #12000
CULWULLA

Likes (Received): 10124

ive asked a few times about current height. so ive estimated myself
about 328m? 70th floor?

Last edited by CULWULLA; September 11th, 2012 at 12:54 AM.
CULWULLA no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
china, gensler, hypertall, lujiazui financial center, pudong, pudong new area, shanghai, shanghai center, supertall