daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > General Urban Developments > DN Archives



Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.


Reply

 
Thread Tools
Old March 11th, 2013, 02:02 AM   #14121
skyridgeline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 1,514
Likes (Received): 1203

Quote:
Originally Posted by tim1807 View Post
I believe the Burj Khalifa has 517 000 m2 and the Shanghai Tower has 380 000 m2, so the Burj has more. However, the top floor of ST will be 3 meters higher than BK top floor.
According to Wikipedia ...

Burj Khalifa : 309,473 m² ( + below grade? )

Shanghai Tower: 380,000 m² above grade + 170,000 m² below grade
__________________

Highcliff liked this post
skyridgeline no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old March 11th, 2013, 07:49 AM   #14122
bigreach
GF 117 #1, Lotte Tower #2
 
bigreach's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 1,370
Likes (Received): 739

Quote:
Originally Posted by tim1807 View Post
I believe the Burj Khalifa has 517 000 m2 and the Shanghai Tower has 380 000 m2, so the Burj has more. However, the top floor of ST will be 3 meters higher than BK top floor.
Really that last part of that 'fact" Take's me by complete surprise. I can see it though, because seems like the top 1/3 of BK has room for nothing.


Quote:
Originally Posted by skyridgeline View Post
According to Wikipedia ...

Burj Khalifa : 309,473 m² ( + below grade? )

Shanghai Tower: 380,000 m² above grade + 170,000 m² below grade
Wikipedia isn't 100% accurate on all things, there was a "troll" on this site "and other member's kept calling him out on it, forgot his name though," that would update wikipedia with what he wanted, when he wanted, (Involving Skyscrapers). He was banned multiple times, he obviously knows his way around a computer quite well, because I know, I couldn't do that, I'm 40 and my 14yr old can do that sh#@, so I tend not to trust most of wikipedia.. Hell I don't even know how to post photos on this site, just learned how to multi-quote..
__________________
Rooftops over Spires/Antennas/
Rooftops, someplace where you can look over the edge, can't do that climbing a needle.

Valenciano2020, mCx2, Highcliff liked this post
bigreach no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 11th, 2013, 01:27 PM   #14123
Eadfrith
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 63
Likes (Received): 14

This seems to have really slowed down.
__________________

Highcliff liked this post
Eadfrith no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 11th, 2013, 03:12 PM   #14124
phoenixboi08
Registered User
 
phoenixboi08's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 1,542
Likes (Received): 791

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigreach View Post
Really that last part of that 'fact" Take's me by complete surprise. I can see it though, because seems like the top 1/3 of BK has room for nothing.




Wikipedia isn't 100% accurate on all things, there was a "troll" on this site "and other member's kept calling him out on it, forgot his name though," that would update wikipedia with what he wanted, when he wanted, (Involving Skyscrapers). He was banned multiple times, he obviously knows his way around a computer quite well, because I know, I couldn't do that, I'm 40 and my 14yr old can do that sh#@, so I tend not to trust most of wikipedia.. Hell I don't even know how to post photos on this site, just learned how to multi-quote..
Wikipedia isn't really useful in terms of being a primary source but is very useful as a secondary one...provided the primary sources cited in the articles are reliable (and the information wasn't manipulated.
__________________

bigreach, Highcliff liked this post
phoenixboi08 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 11th, 2013, 03:31 PM   #14125
Vrooms
threeyearson.
 
Vrooms's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Singapore
Posts: 9,676
Likes (Received): 1638

taken yesterday from flickr:
image hosted on flickr

shanghai tower by Rui Fonyu 丰宇瑞, on Flickr
image hosted on flickr

shanghai tower by Rui Fonyu 丰宇瑞, on Flickr
__________________
🔥🚀
Vrooms no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 11th, 2013, 09:06 PM   #14126
TowerJunkie
Registered User
 
TowerJunkie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Baltimore
Posts: 343
Likes (Received): 127

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigreach View Post
Wikipedia isn't 100% accurate on all things, there was a "troll" on this site "and other member's kept calling him out on it, forgot his name though," that would update wikipedia with what he wanted, when he wanted, (Involving Skyscrapers). He was banned multiple times, he obviously knows his way around a computer quite well, because I know, I couldn't do that, I'm 40 and my 14yr old can do that sh#@, so I tend not to trust most of wikipedia.. Hell I don't even know how to post photos on this site, just learned how to multi-quote..
Accuracy of Wikipedia has been found to be on par with other encyclopedias, but not because of it is as diligent. It is because Wikipedia is more current overall than any other type of encyclopedic information source. If you go to a skyscraper's website, chances are it has been several weeks since a status update or new construction photos.
__________________

bigreach, Highcliff liked this post
TowerJunkie no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 11th, 2013, 09:41 PM   #14127
skyridgeline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 1,514
Likes (Received): 1203

Burj Khalifa:

Tower GFA
309,473 m² / 3,331,140 ft²


Shanghai Tower:

Tower GFA
420,000 m² / 4,520,842 ft²


Tower Gross Floor Area (GFA)
Tower GFA refers to the total gross floor area within the tower footprint, not including adjoining podiums, connected buildings or other towers within the development.


- http://skyscrapercenter.com/index.php (Council on Tall Buildings and Urban Habitat)
__________________

spectre000, HRP4Life, Highcliff liked this post
skyridgeline no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 12th, 2013, 03:27 AM   #14128
Cloudpiercer
Registered User
 
Cloudpiercer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 52
Likes (Received): 66

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vrooms View Post
taken yesterday from flickr:

image hosted on flickr

shanghai tower by Rui Fonyu 丰宇瑞, on Flickr
look at the light-to-dark gradation that went through the double layer glass, wow
__________________

Highcliff liked this post
Cloudpiercer no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 12th, 2013, 10:45 AM   #14129
orange boy
BANNED
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 1,150

Current height~ 476 m. 102 fl.
__________________

Highcliff liked this post
orange boy no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 12th, 2013, 11:07 AM   #14130
ZZ-II
I love Skyscrapers
 
ZZ-II's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Near Ingolstadt in Bavaria
Posts: 33,504
Likes (Received): 6525

Quote:
Originally Posted by orange boy View Post
Current height~ 476 m. 102 fl.
Seems it is not rising at the moment
__________________
Click here to get the Worlds Supertall Lists

Highcliff liked this post
ZZ-II no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 13th, 2013, 07:03 AM   #14131
VRS
Registered User
 
VRS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Jakarta
Posts: 46,752
Likes (Received): 11521

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vrooms View Post
from this view, that tower its big then i guess....call kingkong for climb up...* i think kingkong its happy for climb new tower.
__________________

Highcliff liked this post
VRS no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 13th, 2013, 01:47 PM   #14132
chornedsnorkack
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 4,962
Likes (Received): 386

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZZ-II View Post
Seems it is not rising at the moment
That 476 m is already 2 m higher than the 474 m observation deck of World Financial Centre.

Any recent photos from that point of view?
__________________

Highcliff liked this post
chornedsnorkack no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 13th, 2013, 02:38 PM   #14133
stefanv
Registered User
 
stefanv's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Bucharest
Posts: 269
Likes (Received): 339

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordschleife View Post
By 天池

This was one year ago....God, they were really fast!
__________________

Rckr88, Lion007, CP11, Highcliff liked this post
stefanv no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 14th, 2013, 02:13 AM   #14134
CrazyDave
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Waterbury - CT
Posts: 1,058
Likes (Received): 192

Quote:
Originally Posted by VRS View Post
from this view, that tower its big then i guess....call kingkong for climb up...* i think kingkong its happy for climb new tower.
The new Tower doesn't have enough Hand Holds for Kong. To Sleek with nothing to grab but glass.
__________________

Highcliff liked this post
CrazyDave no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 14th, 2013, 05:13 AM   #14135
IngMarco
Registered User
 
IngMarco's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Culiacán
Posts: 4,161
Likes (Received): 2630

Bring mothra then.

And the pace on this tower really seems to have slowed down, I hope our friends in shanghai can tell us what is going on.
__________________

Highcliff liked this post
IngMarco no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 14th, 2013, 01:17 PM   #14136
orange boy
BANNED
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 1,150

by yuyu2302



__________________

Vrooms, CP11, cfredo, Munwon, billgates and 2 others liked this post
orange boy no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 14th, 2013, 02:46 PM   #14137
NYCrulz
America started it all !!
 
NYCrulz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: turku
Posts: 782
Likes (Received): 2376

I think this is sure to win several awards when it is completed, emporis award for sure...
Shanghai makes me envious!!
__________________

Highcliff liked this post
NYCrulz no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 14th, 2013, 02:58 PM   #14138
NYCrulz
America started it all !!
 
NYCrulz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: turku
Posts: 782
Likes (Received): 2376

Quote:
And what silly tower in TOKYO are you talking about, not Ping An are you? Unless they consider Shenzhen, part of Tokyo, or do they have a new bldg planned for TOKYO, I haven't seen or been introduced to yet, yet? I'm not a Geographer when it comes to China, but Is that what you're talking about, because I see your point about the 3 meters, and wanting ST to beat It but not with a silly spire. Perhaps 1 of you could answer my question thank you. If not could someone please help?
bigreach! He's talking about the TOKYO SKY TREE that's not even a building at 634 meters. So even if TST will beat ST by 2 meters it will not affect in anyway!!
__________________

Highcliff liked this post
NYCrulz no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 14th, 2013, 06:18 PM   #14139
Vrooms
threeyearson.
 
Vrooms's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Singapore
Posts: 9,676
Likes (Received): 1638

as of yesterday from flickr:
image hosted on flickr

To be the Tallest building in Shanghai, China by Phreddie, on Flickr
image hosted on flickr

Shanghai, China by Phreddie, on Flickr
__________________
🔥🚀

chambre12, billgates, Swiddle, Highcliff liked this post
Vrooms no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 15th, 2013, 05:18 AM   #14140
bigreach
GF 117 #1, Lotte Tower #2
 
bigreach's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 1,370
Likes (Received): 739

Quote:
Originally Posted by orange boy View Post
by yuyu2302



Just a quick Question,, I thought they were on the 4th truss,, the drawing shows that we're at 480 meters,, that must be core "only", correct. So they have 4? more truss belts to catch the core? Would that 480meters (how many feet? if you don't mind), are the cladding and truss belts at as opposed to the core, which is flying!!! Has it taken over SWFC? at 480, not counting cranes?I know the cladding is starting on 3rd truss correct? And when will it be considered a MEGATALL 1800ft or 2000,, I thought it was 1800, and super was 1200? Is that correct?I'm starting to get confused with this 1 although it is my favorite,,, I just have a tough time translating meters to feet... (Us Damn Americans!!!!)
__________________
Rooftops over Spires/Antennas/
Rooftops, someplace where you can look over the edge, can't do that climbing a needle.

Speechless.♥, Highcliff liked this post

Last edited by bigreach; March 15th, 2013 at 05:26 AM.
bigreach no está en línea   Reply With Quote


Reply

Tags
china, gensler, hypertall, lujiazui financial center, pudong, pudong new area, shanghai, shanghai center, supertall

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Related topics on SkyscraperCity


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 01:53 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Feedback Buttons provided by Advanced Post Thanks / Like (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

SkyscraperCity ☆ In Urbanity We trust ☆ about us | privacy policy | DMCA policy

Hosted by Blacksun, dedicated to this site too!
Forum server management by DaiTengu