daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > General Urban Developments > DN Archives

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old April 19th, 2013, 01:31 AM   #14561
fimiak

Likes (Received): 37

And that is why this is my favorite upcoming project in the world.

Sponsored Links
Old April 19th, 2013, 02:45 AM   #14562
SergioCrash
Trujillo mítico y moderno

Likes (Received): 587

For me too!
Old April 19th, 2013, 06:53 AM   #14563
RoofHeightMatters

Likes (Received): 73

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calvin Coolidge View Post
*GASP* "You don't worship at the Sacred Holy Church of Anthropogenic Climate Change? I will judge and mock you for failing to believe sketchy and unproven claims by hypocritical politicians and the scientists whose budgets they control!"

Hahahaha, SO appropriate that your name is Calvin Coolidge. Please do your part to reduce climate change and jump off a tall building.

Calvin Coolidge liked this post
RoofHeightMatters no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 19th, 2013, 09:54 AM   #14564
lowai

Likes (Received): 810

Forgot to load this

image hosted on flickr

IMG_2788 by [url=http://www.flickr.com/people/[email protected]/]

CP11, Vrooms, billgates, РВСН, bbq and 1 others liked this post
lowai no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 19th, 2013, 11:03 AM   #14565
Severiano

Likes (Received): 756

Quote:
Originally Posted by kix111 View Post
I heard the podium mall is going to be high-end, but considering IFC is just right next door, what store of brands will the mall get?

Im looking forward to those brands that represent high-end fashion but are not in IFC for example YSL, McQueen and Givenchy.
I would prefer if it had something like a restaurant. Which is really lacking in Ljz. I don't need anymore luxury stores, just go to HK and wait in line on Canton road. There is not one decently priced Chinese restaurant in the entire LJZ. What the hell. I can get Chinese food easier in Tampa at lunch time than I can in LJZ. Pathetic. Put a Chinese restaurant on the street!!!! When I worked at Jin Mao, eating lunch was a nightmere. It was either the slop at the cafeteria at jin mao. Or Baoyu and truffle soup at a hotel. There is nothing convenient and moderately priced anywhere within walking distance. Don't give me that "international" BS either. Central in HK has tons of options and restaurants, and HK is more international now than Shanghai will be in 50 years.

alandot liked this post
Severiano no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 19th, 2013, 01:55 PM   #14566
China Hand

Likes (Received): 161

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeLogical View Post
I take it you dont believe in global warming? Do you also believe the world is flat?
Via PM only.
China Hand no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 19th, 2013, 04:04 PM   #14567
China Hand

Likes (Received): 161

Quote:
Originally Posted by Severiano View Post
I would prefer if it had something like a restaurant. Which is really lacking in Ljz. I don't need anymore luxury stores, just go to HK and wait in line on Canton road. There is not one decently priced Chinese restaurant in the entire LJZ. What the hell. I can get Chinese food easier in Tampa at lunch time than I can in LJZ. Pathetic. Put a Chinese restaurant on the street!!!! When I worked at Jin Mao, eating lunch was a nightmere. It was either the slop at the cafeteria at jin mao. Or Baoyu and truffle soup at a hotel. There is nothing convenient and moderately priced anywhere within walking distance. Don't give me that "international" BS either. Central in HK has tons of options and restaurants, and HK is more international now than Shanghai will be in 50 years.
Maybe the various sky lobbies/atria will have more reasonably priced fare as the goal is to keep workers in the building and not consuming time and energy going out for lunch. When you have to ride 121 floors down to get outside, you spend 30 minutes just riding elevators up and down.
China Hand no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 19th, 2013, 08:06 PM   #14568
hmmwv

Likes (Received): 420

Quote:
Because you guys in those buildings are suppose to be gold collar supermen who only need Starbucks to get through the day! Jokes aside, do they allow lunch boxes to be delivered to the offices? I know office buildings in Puxi do.
Old April 19th, 2013, 08:12 PM   #14569
tim1807
faster than buildings

Likes (Received): 5334

Quote:
Originally Posted by China Hand View Post
Maybe the various sky lobbies/atria will have more reasonably priced fare as the goal is to keep workers in the building and not consuming time and energy going out for lunch. When you have to ride 121 floors down to get outside, you spend 30 minutes just riding elevators up and down.
That's why the elevators are going lightning speed.
tim1807 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 20th, 2013, 12:50 AM   #14570
Huhu

Likes (Received): 437

Quote:
Hard times for the 1 percent.
Huhu no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 20th, 2013, 02:59 AM   #14571
Tandax

Likes (Received): 451

Awesome photos guys.
Old April 20th, 2013, 06:26 AM   #14572
SergioCrash
Trujillo mítico y moderno

Likes (Received): 587

:O speechless!
Old April 20th, 2013, 07:37 AM   #14573
kix111

Likes (Received): 2929

Quote:
There are quite a lot of Chinese restaurants in Lujiazui? Those in Superbrand Mall are quite decently price i think, while the ones in IFC are a bit more expensive. Most of the restaurants have special "lunch meals" about 50-100RMB, i would imagine with some lunch allowance, this can be easily afforded by those people working in the area. There are also a lot of cafeterias beneath the offices, they are very cheap and the food taste decent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hmmwv View Post
Because you guys in those buildings are suppose to be gold collar supermen who only need Starbucks to get through the day! Jokes aside, do they allow lunch boxes to be delivered to the offices? I know office buildings in Puxi do.
I think it varies depending on the office. When i interned in IFC, we had to use swipe cards to access the elevator room. I havent even seen a postman in the elevator during the time i interned in IFC.
kix111 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 20th, 2013, 09:39 AM   #14574
VECTROTALENZIS
★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Likes (Received): 4407

Quote:
Originally Posted by kix111 View Post
There are quite a lot of Chinese restaurants in Lujiazui? Those in Superbrand Mall are quite decently price i think, while the ones in IFC are a bit more expensive. Most of the restaurants have special "lunch meals" about 50-100RMB, i would imagine with some lunch allowance, this can be easily afforded by those people working in the area. There are also a lot of cafeterias beneath the offices, they are very cheap and the food taste decent.

I think it varies depending on the office. When i interned in IFC, we had to use swipe cards to access the elevator room. I havent even seen a postman in the elevator during the time i interned in IFC.
Agreed, there are also some Chinese fast restaurants near Mcdonalds near the metro station that are quite cheap.
VECTROTALENZIS no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 20th, 2013, 10:03 AM   #14575
comet the cat
Too tall is not an option

Likes (Received): 85

The glass is rising pretty high now!

Last edited by comet the cat; April 20th, 2013 at 10:03 AM. Reason: Grammar
comet the cat no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 20th, 2013, 03:46 PM   #14576
no1xc

Likes (Received): 4

Quote:
Man, you must be kidding. Chinese food or any type of food in Tampa is just horrible. How could you compare what Tampa can offer in terms of food to what you can get in Shanghai? Diversity and taste of food in these two cities are light years apart with Shanghai on the better end.
no1xc no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 20th, 2013, 08:25 PM   #14577
rolandkorg
Cúcuta una postal

Likes (Received): 203

Beautiful tower
rolandkorg no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 20th, 2013, 11:06 PM   #14578
hoosier

Likes (Received): 53

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calvin Coolidge View Post
*GASP* "You don't worship at the Sacred Holy Church of Anthropogenic Climate Change? I will judge and mock you for failing to believe sketchy and unproven claims by hypocritical politicians and the scientists whose budgets they control!"

Sketchy and unproven claims? Are you insane? The existence of anthropogenic climate change is not disputable you lunatic! The only detractors are nutjob conservative psycopaths doing the oil and gas industry's bidding.

Take off the tinfoil hat. Are you seriously going to assert that tens of thousands of scientists are in some big conspiracy to do the bidding of unnamed politicians to get funding? That is an absolute joke.
Old April 21st, 2013, 02:21 AM   #14579
Daireon
The lunatic is in my head

Likes (Received): 5512

Quote:
Originally Posted by Space Invader View Post
It just misses the flying cars on this one...
Incredible pictures.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/blackst...5494/lightbox/
That looks like a rendering. This city is c r a z y
Old April 21st, 2013, 02:28 AM   #14580
deadhead262

Likes (Received): 223

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celt67 View Post
The design is about 40 times better than that limp apology they're building in downtown Manhattan.
Thats your opinion my friend, just because it has curves doesn't make it better. I dont thing the ST is even the best in shanghai.

Highcliff liked this post
deadhead262 no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
china, gensler, hypertall, lujiazui financial center, pudong, pudong new area, shanghai, shanghai center, supertall