daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > General Urban Developments > DN Archives

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old November 13th, 2013, 06:26 PM   #17301
ZZ-II
I love Skyscrapers

Likes (Received): 6525

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riley1066 View Post
Just one of the worst buildings I've ever seen ... Shanghai is a ruined city with these monstrosities intruding on it like this. Just a totally ruined city. Tear it down and start again with something better.
This tower one of the worst buildings ever? Oo
ZZ-II no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old November 13th, 2013, 06:37 PM   #17302
Fabouninou

Likes (Received): 248

Nonsense! This tower's structure is divine!

pteranodon liked this post
Fabouninou no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 13th, 2013, 06:52 PM   #17303
Riley1066

Likes (Received): 520

Not Even World Trade Center related at all, although New York City is the Emperor of Skylines.

Santiago's Costanera Center looks better than Shanghai Tower does.

Chicago looks better than Shanghai.

Hong Kong and Sydney and Toronto look classier than Shanghai.

Buenos Aires is more interesting than Shanghai.

Heck even Panama City looks better than Shanghai.

Shanghai is full of 3rd to 4th rate reject designs from foreign firms dumping them on a desperate Chinese real estate market.

fanspy liked this post
Riley1066 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 13th, 2013, 07:07 PM   #17304
patrykus

Likes (Received): 1794

Quote:
Originally Posted by patrykus View Post
I don't think he is controlling it
Told'ya
PolishTowersU/CPolishTowersU/CComingSoon/CPolishTowersU/CPolishTowersU/CPolishTowersU/C

patrykus no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 13th, 2013, 07:18 PM   #17305
Built to destroy

Likes (Received): 1992

Quote:
Not Even World Trade Center related at all, although New York City is the Emperor of Skylines.
Shanghai is full of 3rd to 4th rate reject designs from foreign firms dumping them on a desperate Chinese real estate market.
Don't smoke this shit or change your dealer.

Pansori, KillerZavatar, bigreach liked this post
Built to destroy no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 13th, 2013, 07:37 PM   #17306
Archaean
BANNED

Likes (Received): 311

This has to be one of the most immature forums ive ever been on. All of you who have posted on this page come off as 14 year old children that have no place here. Do us all a favor and stop posting in this site.

Joshua Dodd, bigreach, 4npower liked this post
Archaean no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 13th, 2013, 07:38 PM   #17307
The Quiet Storm
I ❤ Skyscrapers!

Likes (Received): 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archaean View Post
This has to be one of the most immature forums ive ever been on. All of you who have posted on this page come off as 14 year old children that have no place here. Do us all a favor and stop posting in this site.
I can't believe what I'm seeing. It shouldn't be allowed either.

ON iTUNES NOW
The Quiet Storm no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 13th, 2013, 09:38 PM   #17308
Joshua Dodd

Likes (Received): 1548

Quote:
Just one of the worst buildings I've ever seen ... Shanghai is a ruined city with these monstrosities intruding on it like this. Just a totally ruined city.

Tear it down and start again with something better.
You have a strange opinion. I honestly do not understand your standing of distaste for this building. This is an architectural masterpiece, a building of graceful magnitude, majestic in its smooth elegance, and a true modern marvel. I could only dream of Dallas having a marvel like this. Shanghai has an outstanding skyline as well. Yes, there are many structures I do not like in the city, Tomorrow Square being one of those.

What is it you do not like about this building? I'm not indicating you're jealous of it because it is in China, but I have noticed many posters displaying a similar disgruntlement for this very prideful and nationalistic reason.
Joshua Dodd no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 13th, 2013, 09:41 PM   #17309
Joshua Dodd

Likes (Received): 1548

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archaean View Post
I question the age of some of these posters myself.
Joshua Dodd no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 13th, 2013, 10:29 PM   #17310
erkantang

Likes (Received): 185

Quote:
Not Even World Trade Center related at all, although New York City is the Emperor of Skylines. Santiago's Costanera Center looks better than Shanghai Tower does. Chicago looks better than Shanghai. Hong Kong and Sydney and Toronto look classier than Shanghai. Buenos Aires is more interesting than Shanghai. Heck even Panama City looks better than Shanghai. Shanghai is full of 3rd to 4th rate reject designs from foreign firms dumping them on a desperate Chinese real estate market.
If you think everything is better than shanghai,than get off of our forum .....
erkantang no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 13th, 2013, 11:27 PM   #17311
Munwon

Likes (Received): 3183

Quote:
Just one of the worst buildings I've ever seen ... Shanghai is a ruined city with these monstrosities intruding on it like this. Just a totally ruined city.

and you're on a skyscraper forum because?????

orange boy liked this post
Munwon no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 13th, 2013, 11:41 PM   #17312
KillerZavatar
also known as Wally

Likes (Received): 8232

don't feed the troll guys, that's what he wants.

anyways, i feel the area needs more density and i am hoping for more at least 250m tall structures around. but other than the 200m oriental financial center next to shanghai tower there does not seem to go much on, so my question would be if there are any masterplans or at least plots that could have potential?

bigreach liked this post
KillerZavatar no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 14th, 2013, 12:19 AM   #17313
Gabriel900
Super Mod

Likes (Received): 28998

I came here to see this awesome tower not to read that nonsense ... I know people visited Shanghai and they told me it is beautiful and from pics I see it is definitely way better looking from lots of other boring cities!
Gabriel900 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 14th, 2013, 12:38 AM   #17314
N.Y.C.H

Likes (Received): 407

If you don't like the building there is absolutely no need to even visit the thread for that building, and to even comment about how much you don't like it because frankly no one really cares!!!! I think the ST is a nice building, not over the top in my books but definitely nice, but it doesn't mean I come here and try to stir trouble. GROW UP!

Rain Drops, Eranovus, L.A.F.2., kix111 liked this post
N.Y.C.H no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 14th, 2013, 01:23 AM   #17315
King of Construction
skyscraperized

Likes (Received): 254

[IMG]http://t2.************/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTubUz8-vo6ztwjHCwtchjxt2sZjkgVgOntZaObuWg3z2zBKzR-[/IMG]

Visited countries: Austria-Belgium-Bosnia & Herzegovina-Bulgaria-Canada-Croatia-Czech Republic-England-France-Germany-Greece-Hong Kong-Italy-Liechtenstein- Luxembourg
Malaysia-Montenegro-Morocco-the Netherlands-Poland-Serbia-Singapore-Spain- Switzerland-Turkey-United Arab Emirates-United States of America-Wales
King of Construction no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 14th, 2013, 02:36 AM   #17316
bigreach
GF 117 #1, Lotte Tower #2

Likes (Received): 739

I have a feeling that cartoon is 100% accurate. Cool post by the way.

Kanto, pteranodon liked this post
bigreach no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 14th, 2013, 03:33 AM   #17317
onewtclover

Likes (Received): 1028

Quote:

Costanera Center looks very nice, and it's a great building. But I think Shanghai Tower looks better. However, if you like simple, refined buildings, I would say that Costanera Center is better for you.

Chicago and Shanghai are both very great cities. I like them both, but they are very different cities, so I don't like to compare them. American cities are different than Chinese cities. They don't have the logos or the radiant lights. Honestly, I think Shanghai is better than Chicago. These are my top 4 favorite cities:
1. New York (I know, since I live in New York it's not fair, but these lists are very subjective.)
2. Shanghai
3. Chicago
4. Dubai

I think Shanghai is better than Hong Kong, by a little bit. Sydney doesn't have a "tall" building. Toronto looks okay, but Shanghai has more "tall" buildings. And Panama City's not as great as any of the mentioned cities.

I'm judging these cities based on architecture, so Hong Kong could beat Shanghai if you were talking about tourist attractions that don't include tall buildings.

And if you're saying that Shanghai's full of reject designs, you could actually be right, depending on your idea of a "reject" design. You have a very unique point of view, and I appreciate you for sharing it.

Kanto liked this post
onewtclover no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 14th, 2013, 03:53 AM   #17318
Eranovus

Likes (Received): 20

Quote:

I just contacted the Shanghai municipal government and they have agreed to tear it down, thus wasting billions of dollars, all because you don't like it.
Eranovus no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 14th, 2013, 03:58 AM   #17319
N.Y.C.H

Likes (Received): 407

Quote:
Originally Posted by fanspy View Post
Americans are very emotionally immature. They cannot bear it if anything is better than what they have. They also cannot accept any criticism. If you tell them that one of their icons is ugly, say the WTC, they will throw tantrums. It's a cultural trait of there's, there is no denying this.
Let us not point any fingers around considering someone said the same about the ST and we had a page or two of nonsense.
N.Y.C.H no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 14th, 2013, 04:14 AM   #17320
L.A.F.2.
Georgia Tech

Likes (Received): 5307

Quote:
Originally Posted by fanspy View Post
Americans are very emotionally immature. They cannot bear it if anything is better than what they have. They also cannot accept any criticism. If you tell them that one of their icons is ugly, say the WTC, they will throw tantrums. It's a cultural trait of there's, there is no denying this.
This is a bit stereotypical. I know several Americans, including myself, who always call out bias in the NYC threads.

bigreach liked this post
L.A.F.2. no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
china, gensler, hypertall, lujiazui financial center, pudong, pudong new area, shanghai, shanghai center, supertall