daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > General Urban Developments > DN Archives

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old February 17th, 2014, 06:33 AM   #18481
bigreach
GF 117 #1, Lotte Tower #2

Likes (Received): 739

I have never seen any you-tube vid hit 19mill in 4 days. If this isn't national news in the USA tomorrow,, (Monday) , but Sandra Bullock's stupid movie is, (2-14-14) WE HAVE A PROBLEM,, here in the USA. A Country that Brian Williams on NBC national news, reported Brittney Spears cutting her hair off, (years ago) in the final minutes of a 30 min, NATIONAL newcast some years ago... This is surely news. You KNOW they're gonna shut the site down for days to make sure it wasn't "compromised" in any way.

These Guys will Make Millions, if they don't have to use it for BAIL $

I love *****: this is an example: Crazy Russian dudes, posted they're vid on You-tube,, ***** did a great job, transferred those photos here, for us. But before the Crazy Russian dudes made an account and posted THEIR own photos here. ***** will get a Million likes.

Crazy Russian guys have just ruined the skyscraper pages for us, and (for example) the likes people receive for each photo! Crazy Russian dudes could/should get 100,000 likes for each pic. We're on a whole new level now. For example ***** (love the hell outta him) he posts their photos, and gets more likes.. ( but it's crazy Russian dudes photo's from you-tube) , after ***** Posts it,, (Crazy Russian dudes post it, and gets less likes.). The same guys who took the photo's, get less cred, than the person who "found it" first. Crazy Russians guys or guy Is now a SSC member. How can anyone get more likes for Crazy Russian Guys pics, than Well Crazy Russian Guy? This guy,, or these guys (crazy Russian dudes) are now part of our forum.

And he's done what all of US, would kill to do, not to mention disregard for Law, their own lives, just to capture INCREDIBLE photos.. This is Insane.

Last edited by bigreach; February 17th, 2014 at 07:10 AM.
bigreach no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old February 17th, 2014, 07:22 AM   #18482
_Forum_
Dr. B. R. Ambedkar

Likes (Received): 3880

Is this directed at me ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigreach View Post

I love *****: this is an example: Crazy Russian dudes, posted they're vid on You-tube,, ***** did a great job, transferred those photos here, for us. But before the Crazy Russian dudes made an account and posted THEIR own photos here. ***** will get a Million likes.

Crazy Russian guys have just ruined the skyscraper pages for us, and (for example) the likes people receive for each photo! Crazy Russian dudes could/should get 100,000 likes for each pic. We're on a whole new level now. For example ***** (love the hell outta him) he posts their photos, and gets more likes.. ( but it's crazy Russian dudes photo's from you-tube) , after ***** Posts it,, (Crazy Russian dudes post it, and gets less likes.). The same guys who took the photo's, get less cred, than the person who "found it" first. Crazy Russians guys or guy Is now a SSC member. How can anyone get more likes for Crazy Russian Guys pics, than Well Crazy Russian Guy? This guy,, or these guys (crazy Russian dudes) are now part of our forum.

And he's done what all of US, would kill to do, not to mention disregard for Law, their own lives, just to capture INCREDIBLE photos.. This is Insane.
Old February 17th, 2014, 07:37 AM   #18483
tumbleweed_tx

Likes (Received): 35

Ivan, how long did you have to wait or the weather to clear up?
tumbleweed_tx no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 17th, 2014, 09:59 AM   #18484
Beck Duggleby
Ozone Layer

Likes (Received): 27

What an incredible act of bravery. Rather stupid, but incredible.

And what a city, especially from above!
Beck Duggleby no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 17th, 2014, 01:28 PM   #18485
MrUpsidown

Likes (Received): 54

Quote:
I have never seen any you-tube vid hit 19mill in 4 days. If this isn't national news in the USA tomorrow,, (Monday) , but Sandra Bullock's stupid movie is, (2-14-14) WE HAVE A PROBLEM,, here in the USA. A Country that Brian Williams on NBC national news, reported Brittney Spears cutting her hair off, (years ago) in the final minutes of a 30 min, NATIONAL newcast some years ago... This is surely news. You KNOW they're gonna shut the site down for days to make sure it wasn't "compromised" in any way.

What exactly is your point here?
MrUpsidown no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 17th, 2014, 01:29 PM   #18486
MrUpsidown

Quote:
Originally Posted by tumbleweed_tx View Post
Ivan, how long did you have to wait or the weather to clear up?
I think they said somewhere that they had to wait around 18 hours...
Old February 17th, 2014, 01:39 PM   #18487
MrUpsidown

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave-in-Toronto View Post
If the two of the climbers are apprehended by the Chinese, what do people think is an appropriate punishment?

I think a fine of some amount, but no jail time -a trespassing fine only. After all, it seems they didn't do any damage, and they brought a huge amount of free publicity for Shanghai Tower.
They should get paid for that! Millions of people are talking about it worldwide now...
Old February 17th, 2014, 02:29 PM   #18488
conc.man

Likes (Received): 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave-in-Toronto View Post
If the two of the climbers are apprehended by the Chinese, what do people think is an appropriate punishment?

I think a fine of some amount, but no jail time -a trespassing fine only. After all, it seems they didn't do any damage, and they brought a huge amount of free publicity for Shanghai Tower.
Maybe detain for around 5-15 days, that's I remember what happened to some Chinese and French guys who climbed up Jinmao and SWFC.

Last edited by conc.man; February 17th, 2014 at 02:35 PM.
conc.man no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 17th, 2014, 02:53 PM   #18489
Atmosphere
Live from the sky!

Likes (Received): 797

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Forum_ View Post
According to raskalov the chinese authorities have asked the russian embassy to give the details of these 2 guys

Google translated

This is what the Shanghai tower owner has told to the "xinmin" reporter on feb 13th

Google translated
If the Chinese government is smart, they just pay these guys to tell them all the security leaks they've found and how they did it and impose stricter rules after that. But even if they paid these guys, it would probably not reach the news but stay quiet.
Old February 17th, 2014, 04:22 PM   #18490
_Forum_
Dr. B. R. Ambedkar

Photo copyright: casper shaw

Photo copyright: 沈咪咪

orange boy, Equario, DJaCoNdA, CP11, sgollis and 3 others liked this post
_Forum_ no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 17th, 2014, 04:24 PM   #18491
RON-E

Likes (Received): 35

wow! great pic! its coming along very nicely!
RON-E no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 17th, 2014, 05:45 PM   #18492
hunser
Steinway to Heaven |¦┆┊

Likes (Received): 5031

Can someone tell me who the (future) tenants are for this tower? What's the occupancy rate?
hunser no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 17th, 2014, 06:02 PM   #18493
_Forum_
Dr. B. R. Ambedkar

Photos copyright: 澹凝寄庐

[IMG]http://i60.************/25ywup0.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i58.************/2rookg9.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i57.************/15q51fc.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i59.************/jzuum9.jpg[/IMG]

Last edited by _Forum_; February 18th, 2014 at 01:52 PM. Reason: to fix the broken link
_Forum_ no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 17th, 2014, 07:05 PM   #18494
mdiederi
Artist

Likes (Received): 162

Quote:
Originally Posted by hunser View Post
What's the occupancy rate?
Zero.

DubaiM liked this post
mdiederi no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 17th, 2014, 09:41 PM   #18495
Eric Offereins
The only way is up

Likes (Received): 28147

lol. I'm interested in tenants also.
Eric Offereins está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old February 17th, 2014, 09:51 PM   #18496
Numarine
BANNED

Likes (Received): 33

Numarine no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 17th, 2014, 11:01 PM   #18497
cfredo

Likes (Received): 1334

Quote:
Originally Posted by hunser View Post
Can someone tell me who the (future) tenants are for this tower? What's the occupancy rate?
The upper half of the tower will be a Jin Jiang Hotel (Chinese hotel chain). The rest of the tower is afaik still vacant. But considering Shanghai's low vacancy rate this will change soon enough.

hunser, little universe liked this post
cfredo no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 18th, 2014, 12:40 AM   #18498
King of Construction
skyscraperized

Likes (Received): 254

Quote:

You have a point there. The people that made those pics should get more likes than those who just pass them along.

But people like Forum do make it possible for alot of people to see them. They aren't asking for all those likes and without them we would likely not even see those beautiful pictures at all.

Visited countries: Austria-Belgium-Bosnia & Herzegovina-Bulgaria-Canada-Croatia-Czech Republic-England-France-Germany-Greece-Hong Kong-Italy-Liechtenstein- Luxembourg
Malaysia-Montenegro-Morocco-the Netherlands-Poland-Serbia-Singapore-Spain- Switzerland-Turkey-United Arab Emirates-United States of America-Wales

Huhu, bigreach liked this post
King of Construction no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 18th, 2014, 05:31 AM   #18499
Huhu

Likes (Received): 437

Good on you for actually being able to comprehend his post. Here, have a "like."

phoenixboi08 liked this post
Huhu no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 18th, 2014, 07:43 AM   #18500
bigreach
GF 117 #1, Lotte Tower #2

Likes (Received): 739

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Forum_ View Post
Is this directed at me ?
Actually this is not directed at anybody, just "us" who look for pics on the net.

Kinda like using a Stephen King short story in a lit class, then you look over and Stephen King is your classmate. just very "weird"

Tags
china, gensler, hypertall, lujiazui financial center, pudong, pudong new area, shanghai, shanghai center, supertall