daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > European Forums > Euroscrapers > General European discussions > Phototeka

Phototeka Urban photo's of skyscrapers, skylines, architecture and cityscapes

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 7 votes, 5.00 average.
Old August 17th, 2007, 01:22 PM   #281
Jünyus Brütüs
Awesome User

Likes (Received): 98

well, when we decide to go to a travel or a holiday we always think western europe first or Turkish holiday spots( yes i know my family has creative vision)

We passed Macedonia before when i was little but did not stay there. I always interested in Balkans and Caucasia, they are most interesting and beatiful regions in my eyes. Balkan countries have enjoyable culture and their cities develop very fast.

I actually say, i met with Macedonia in this forum. i did not know many things about it before, i just have 2 Macedonian friends from Istanbul and thats it. But now im happy to see its beatiful cities and new developments from there. i become happy when i see modern and cultural cities from Balkans with happy and young faces in the streets. The situation was very different when i was more younger(well, im 20 now). we raised with bad news from Balkans, in the past everyday we watched sad things in our TVs from western part of Balkans... but today we are watching new developments and happy news from your countries and even i start to envy you

oh sorry for this offtopic post!

i hope i will visit Macedonia, be sure i will share this trip plan with my family or maybe with my friends which can be more enjoyable.

Sponsored Links

Old August 17th, 2007, 01:41 PM   #282
dejan
BANNED

Likes (Received): 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafkas View Post
well, when we decide to go to a travel or a holiday we always think western europe first or Turkish holiday spots( yes i know my family has creative vision)

We passed Macedonia before when i was little but did not stay there. I always interested in Balkans and Caucasia, they are most interesting and beatiful regions in my eyes. Balkan countries have enjoyable culture and their cities develop very fast.
Great! you'll definitely enjoy them!

Quote:
I actually say, i met with Macedonia in this forum. i did not know many things about it before, i just have 2 Macedonian friends from Istanbul and thats it. But now im happy to see its beatiful cities and new developments from there. i become happy when i see modern and cultural cities from Balkans with happy and young faces in the streets. The situation was very different when i was more younger(well, im 20 now). we raised with bad news from Balkans, in the past everyday we watched sad things in our TVs from western part of Balkans... but today we are watching new developments and happy news from your countries and even i start to envy you
Yeah that's understandable.
If you can't recognise a country at any moment in the real world, you'll definitely get their faster through the internet

Quote:
oh sorry for this offtopic post!

i hope i will visit Macedonia, be sure i will share this trip plan with my family or maybe with my friends which can be more enjoyable.
Hehe no problem...doesn't matter about off topic post
It would be great if you could share the possible trip with someone, but also nice too if you go by yourself, either way
dejan no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 30th, 2007, 02:18 PM   #283
SkaNdErBeG

Likes (Received): 39

Recent photos from flickr:

image hosted on flickr

image hosted on flickr

image hosted on flickr

image hosted on flickr

image hosted on flickr

image hosted on flickr

image hosted on flickr

image hosted on flickr

image hosted on flickr

image hosted on flickr

image hosted on flickr

image hosted on flickr

image hosted on flickr

image hosted on flickr

image hosted on flickr

image hosted on flickr
SkaNdErBeG no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 30th, 2007, 02:28 PM   #284
dejan
BANNED

Great perspectives, thanks
Old August 30th, 2007, 02:40 PM   #285
dewrob

Likes (Received): 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafkas View Post
whoaw... Skopje looks wonderful, better than i expected, i wanna visit the city now, i can say i felt soul of the city with these pictures, Macedonian cities start to attract me, first Ohrid and then Skopje... nice job guys!
that's very good to hear Kafkas, IMO the biggest strenght of any Balkan city is its soul, everything else comes after that. It's very nice to hear that U was able to recognize that from the pictures

@Skanderbeg nice pics
dewrob no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 30th, 2007, 03:02 PM   #286
danielmaco

Likes (Received): 0

Skopje

Not far from Skopje is Matka

danielmaco no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 30th, 2007, 03:09 PM   #287
dejan
BANNED

Wow very nice!
Old September 20th, 2007, 06:41 PM   #288
dewrob

random pics

Old October 14th, 2007, 06:42 AM   #289
skender
BANNED

Likes (Received): 0

skender no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 14th, 2007, 01:15 PM   #290
BiH-x

Likes (Received): 817

BiH-x no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 6th, 2007, 05:56 AM   #291
iLiR

Likes (Received): 47

Here's a couple pics of Shkup.

Old November 7th, 2007, 01:40 AM   #292
BiH-x

Quote:
"The change wasn't such drastic one like in Pristina, the street was already pedestrian they just changed the tiling, illumination and horticulture, so it was basically facelifting. It used to have those small granite tiles like the ones used on some older streets that handle traffic U know (kaldrma would be the word I gueess), now it has.... well take a look
if U want to see another type of pedestrian zone in Skopje here is a load of the old turkish bazaar taken in the same period. That place still needs facelifting to be done though

http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showpo...&postcount=269

if U want more pictures just roam the Macedonian picture threads there are plenty of them from this area."
(Just figure we continue the discussion in the appropriate thread.)

I really enjoyed watching those photos. Skopje's pedestrian street came out great. Those tall streetlights look really nice, and I bet they give the street a real atmosphere at night.

Anyways, looking at these pictures it just stuck me how similar in many ways Skopje and Sarajevo are. The main pedestrian street of Skopje is like our Ferhadija, and the Turkish part is like our Bascarsija.

Oh, and:

http://img96.imageshack.us/img96/9393/img31846ro.jpg

Old November 7th, 2007, 01:49 AM   #293
dewrob

I completely agree about the similarity with an addition that Sarajevo's historical zone is bigger than the one of Skopje due to our '63 quake... However SA and SK are the only cities on the Balkans which have preserved the Turkish legacy in them and this is where the main similarity stems from.

I'm not really sure about the Carsija though I think our is bigger but Sarajevo's one is better maintained and more mainstream and of course more well known... But the pedestrian zone of Skopje is small in proportion to the size of the city altough there are some nice expantion perspectives and I'm quite optimistic about them

Old November 7th, 2007, 01:58 AM   #294
iLiR

Old November 7th, 2007, 02:00 AM   #295
Realek
BANNED

Likes (Received): 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by dewrob View Post
But the pedestrian zone of Skopje is small in proportion to the size of the city altough there are some nice expantion perspectives and I'm quite optimistic about them

Hah! You've always been megalomaniac when it comes to pedestrian zones.
Realek no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 7th, 2007, 02:01 AM   #296
dewrob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Realek View Post
Hah! You've always been megalomaniac when it comes to pedestrian zones.

quite a hypnotic avatar there Realek
Old November 7th, 2007, 02:04 AM   #297
BiH-x

Quote:

I completely agree about the similarity with an addition that Sarajevo's historical zone is bigger than the one of Skopje due to our '63 quake... However SA and SK are the only cities on the Balkans which have preserved the Turkish legacy in them and this is where the main similarity stems from.

I'm not really sure about the Carsija though I think our is bigger but Sarajevo's one is better maintained and more mainstream and of course more well known... But the pedestrian zone of Skopje is small in proportion to the size of the city altough there are some nice expantion perspectives and I'm quite optimistic about them
Well bascarsija went through a complete overhauling after the war...some would claim its too maintained now, as they have begun to tile it like this. People feel it takes away from the "old town feeling". I see where they're coming from, but tbh, I like the new tiling.

Btw, do you live in Skopje now?
Old November 7th, 2007, 02:05 AM   #298
dewrob

Quote:
Originally Posted by BiH-x View Post
Well bascarsija went through a complete overhauling after the war...some would claim its too maintained now, as they have begun to tile it like this. People feel it takes away from the "old town feeling". I see where they're coming from, but tbh, I like the new tiling.

Btw, do you live in Skopje now?
yeap
Old November 7th, 2007, 02:10 AM   #299
BiH-x

Then I cant wait for summer when you'll be taking pics of the girls in short skirts on Skopje's pedestrian streets
Old November 7th, 2007, 02:13 AM   #300
iLiR

Tags
skopje

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: