daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > City/Metro Compilations

City/Metro Compilations Help report active highrise/urban developments occurring in your city to the global SSC community.

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old July 25th, 2007, 02:04 AM   #101
LordChaos80
武昌虎泉啤酒王

Likes (Received): 19

@cold:

Well, although I wouldn't put it as rude as u did, I admit that I actually agree with the first part of ur comment (as far as it is referring to the lights on this building and the general over-use of RED in China). In my opinion it is not only the crappy neon lights but the whole design of the tower's roof section lacking quality in a very unnecessary way. This is perhaps a common problem: I have seen many highrise buildings in China which seemed to be decently designed (or at least fair) as long as u don't look at the top, because the latter is a) overloaded with disney-style kitsch or b) like in this case here - there`s some unnecessary crap on it looking like a cargo container peppered with antennas. Obviously some Chinese architects have some weird obsession in messing up a building's top. I don't know...

See what kind of top I would suggest for this building and build ur own opinion :

I just did it very quickly so excuse the lack of accuracy. But u see what I mean: Clean lines without any crap around.

Again the original picture with those cheap lights and the other mess on the top of the building...

@z0rg: Sorry for offtopic...

Last edited by LordChaos80; July 25th, 2007 at 02:33 AM.
LordChaos80 no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links

Old July 25th, 2007, 02:42 AM   #102
cold

Likes (Received): 0

@LordChaos80

Sorry if I sound rude..But I"m just being real here. I'm Chinese myself.

You can see these laziness and cheap design from Chinese. Take The forbidden city for an example, in the day you can see the light wire all over the forbidden city building. Other example is the Bund in Shanghai, you can see 1 or 2 satellite dish on top of there roof. I think it destroy the building and the beauty of it. I don't understand Chinese fascination with neon light. Every historic building have some neon light on them and on the days you can see the wire everywhere.

Sorry for being off topic..
cold no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 25th, 2007, 07:04 AM   #103
Joel que

Likes (Received): 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by cold View Post
@LordChaos80

Sorry if I sound rude..But I"m just being real here. I'm Chinese myself.

You can see these laziness and cheap design from Chinese. Take The forbidden city for an example, in the day you can see the light wire all over the forbidden city building. Other example is the Bund in Shanghai, you can see 1 or 2 satellite dish on top of there roof. I think it destroy the building and the beauty of it. I don't understand Chinese fascination with neon light. Every historic building have some neon light on them and on the days you can see the wire everywhere.

Sorry for being off topic..
use of neon light was only for special occasion,but it was during the stalin era when massive use of neon light for propaganda porposes, or to over up soviet's "concrete block": shabbyness.this idea later barrow by the Chinese probably for same porposes.
instead of neon light, China should get rid all these electric wiring and cable.it so eye sore.
Joel que no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 30th, 2007, 09:46 AM   #104
LordChaos80
武昌虎泉啤酒王

OK, let`s get back to topic: Construction in Wuhan!

a new Swimming Centre meeting international competition standards:

New pics of Shimao's Splendid Yangtze Project (Phase1) [taken by/图片作者: bobo198191]:

Some information on the big one here: Height 175m, 55 floors. Taller buildings (up to 255m) will follow!

Visible progress at Wuhan Tiandi Project [taken by/图片作者: Godlive]:

A model of Wuhan Tiandi's Number One Highrise:

The Opera again...

Two yet unknown highrise constructions in Wuchang in the background. I'll try to find out what is going on there later...

A neat little new office building:

Recent pic of Minsheng (seems to be taken from a helicopter):

Tianxingzhou Bridge (completion scheduled for 2008, overall length 4657m, longest rail-corn-road cable-stayed bridge in China):

Last edited by LordChaos80; July 30th, 2007 at 11:33 AM.
Old July 31st, 2007, 02:18 PM   #105
CarlosBlueDragon
CarlosRedDragon

Likes (Received): 367

Good !!
CarlosBlueDragon no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 8th, 2007, 03:47 PM   #106
z0rg
Ironborn member

Likes (Received): 9061

Wuhan's second supertall might be on the way soon!

Gezhouba International Plaza / 葛洲坝国际广场, 300m~, 69 floors.

Renders

我院中标葛洲坝国际广场项目规划设计

发布时间:[2007-6-20]

近日,我院设计二所和设计七所联合参与了葛洲坝国际广场项目规划设计投标,经有关专家多次评审后,我院方案从诸多强手中脱颖而出,取得了规划方案中标的佳绩。

项目规划地块位于江汉区青年路航侧村,紧邻即将启动的王家墩中心商务区、武汉海关地块和青年路范湖地铁车站,规划用地总面积约15万平方米,总建筑面积约为50万平方米。在不久的将来,大规模的高档居住区和商业、办公建筑将从此拔地而起,其中69层的中国葛洲坝集团总部大楼将成为武汉市的地标性建筑。

该项目的中标对于扩大我院的知名度,积累我院建筑设计经验与业绩,具有良好的推动作用。

Google translator:

Hospital successful Gezhouba Project Planning and Design International Plaza

Release date: [2007-6-20]

Recently, two hospital design and design in the seven joint Gezhouba International Plaza project planning and design tender for accreditation by the relevant experts repeatedly, I-House program from the hands of many come to the fore, made the successful planning programs success.

Project planning block in the Jianghan District Youth side of the road Hang Village, adjacent to the upcoming outage Wang Center Business District, Wuhan Customs plots and youth Fan Lake Road subway station, planning for a total area of about 150,000 square meters with a total construction area of approximately 500,000 square meters. In the near future, large-scale high-grade commercial and residential areas, from office buildings will be built, with 69 of China Gezhouba Group headquarters building will become a landmark in Wuhan City of Architecture.

The successful bidder for the project to expand the visibility of our hospital, I accumulated experience in the building design and performance, has a good role in promoting.

http://www.whadi.com.cn/Publish/2007...01927390.shtml

It's almost the same design as this proposal for the Shanghai Center. Much shorter, of course.

The height should be around 300-330m, but I don't think we should open a thread at the supertall forum until we can confirm it is above 300m

More than 300 supertall projects on going in China.
z0rg no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 8th, 2007, 10:24 PM   #107
ZZ-II
I love Skyscrapers

Likes (Received): 4243

supertalls are always welcome

Follow me on Twitter: @Black_Peak
ZZ-II no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 19th, 2007, 01:14 AM   #108
LordChaos80
武昌虎泉啤酒王

(originally posted by Hankow / Bukan on skyscrapers.cn)

A new quite tall project located in central Hankou has been announced: It's name "武漢水游城" translates to "Wuhan Water Travel City". It is said to be 240m high, counting 60 floors when finished:

http://www.peng-xin.com.cn/pengxin/p...n/wuhan_e.html

http://www.peng-xin.com.cn/pengxin/wuhan.html

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

One more finding. Not a skyscraper, but nevertheless a nice project:

Library of Hubei Province

Last edited by LordChaos80; October 19th, 2007 at 01:50 AM.
Old October 19th, 2007, 05:35 AM   #109
velut arbor aevo

Likes (Received): 11

Wuhan is looking great. Hopefully some of these inland cities will get more attention outside of China.
velut arbor aevo no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 28th, 2007, 01:00 AM   #110
LordChaos80
武昌虎泉啤酒王

Ok, some updates on Wuhan again. Note that some of the construction pics are more than a month old, so some projects might have undergone big progress meanwhile. However, better than nothing, I thought....

None of these pics is mine. Credits to all those who originally released them!

Wuhan Sea World - obviously also including two midsize towers...

A new 5 Stars Hotel...

Twin towers at Optical Valley CBD, left one almost finished

Hubei Museum of Art - already finsihed some months ago...

The new walking zone at Optical Valley Plaza is progressing well!

A new 4 Stars hotel in Huquan, Hongshan (just next to my old apartment... )

Terminal II of Tianhe Airport...

Qintai Opera

Old December 27th, 2007, 11:43 AM   #111
LordChaos80
武昌虎泉啤酒王

Wuhan Tiandi...

Small update on Wuhan Tiandi / Yongqing Area Reconstruction Project!

I shot those pics in October, so please excuse that this is not a really recent update. Anyway, u can see a thing or two about what is going on there...

Old March 3rd, 2008, 05:02 PM   #112
LordChaos80
武昌虎泉啤酒王

Some update about Yongqing Area Development. While construction of phase 1 (pics above) already is in full swing these days, the final design for the second stage has yet to be chosen. Recently, four different design concepts have been presented to the public. Here they are in random order:

The designated area:

Concept 1 by 同济大学:

Concept 2 by 国际城市设计公司:

Concept 3 by 加拿大NCK事务所:

Concept 4 by 日本都市计画:

Credits to "mt" at skyscrapers.cn for discovering these pics.

Last edited by LordChaos80; March 3rd, 2008 at 05:26 PM.
Old March 3rd, 2008, 09:32 PM   #113
ZZ-II
I love Skyscrapers

i prefer concept 4, all the green on the towers looks great

Old March 4th, 2008, 06:35 AM   #114
davee08

Likes (Received): 29

City in central China plans to spend US$40 billion on subway system

BEIJING: A city in central China plans to spend US$40 billion to extend its subway line, as part of China's relentless drive to build more infrastructure, the official Xinhua News Agency said Monday.

Wuhan, capital of Hubei province, plans to spend 300 billion yuan (US$40 billion, €26 billion) to expand its subway system, Xinhua said. It will be extended from seven to 12 lines with 309 stations by 2015.

A spokesman from the Wuhan city government publicity office confirmed the plans, but said it still has to be approved by the government.

The cost is equal to what China's capital Beijing is spending to remake its infrastructure to prepare for the Olympics that start in August.

Wuhan is a transportation hub for central China

Once the expansion is finished, 66 percent of the city's 8.7 million people will be able to find a subway station within 600 meters (yards) of their home, Xinhua said
davee08 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 4th, 2008, 01:35 PM   #115
z0rg
Ironborn member

The plan says the metro length will extend to 530 km from the present 220 km, and from seven to 12 lines with 309 stations by 2015.[...]
http://news.xinhuanet.com/english/20...nt_7709030.htm

Wow, another Chinese city getting a subway system larger than today world's largest.

Old March 4th, 2008, 08:40 PM   #116
ZZ-II
I love Skyscrapers

wow, that's more than twice....and that already by 2015!!

Old March 5th, 2008, 09:42 PM   #117
z0rg
Ironborn member

Map

Old March 7th, 2008, 01:08 AM   #118
LordChaos80
武昌虎泉啤酒王

Yeah, these are really great news for Wuhan and I am quite looking forward for a complete new public transport experience there in the future as I know very well how terrible the traffic situation has become during recent years. The new Chang Jiang-bridges will also be of much help to improve it. Wuhan finally awakes from its' slumber!
Old April 4th, 2008, 09:31 AM   #119
LordChaos80
武昌虎泉啤酒王

Final design for Gezhouba International Plaza has been released recently (compare to z0rg's posting above). Height has been increased from 300 to 350m. Haven't found any better pics yet, sry....

Old April 20th, 2008, 01:28 PM   #120
snow is red
Vicky Pollard lol

Likes (Received): 87

China completes its first road tunnel across Yangtze River

(Xinhua)
Updated: 2008-04-20 10:08

China completed its first road tunnel across the Yangtze River on Saturday in Central China's Wuhan City after more than three years of construction.

The 3,609-meter, bi-directional four-lane road tunnel connects Wuhan's two major parts -- Wuchang, where government offices and universities are based, and Hankou, the business center.

The tunnel will allow 52,000 vehicles to travel at 50 kilometers per hour each day, said Yin Weizhen, Wuhan vice mayor.

"It will take only seven minutes from Wuchang to Hankou, while traveling above the ground costs half an hour."

The strongly permeable tunnel can combat a flood occurring once in 300 years and earthquake measuring up to six on the Richter scale, Yin said.

The two-billion yuan ($286 million) project began in November 2004 and is expected to be open late this year.

Wuhan, capital of Hubei Province, is one of the largest city in Central China with a population of eight million. It is the center of five railway lines, six expressways, and several highways. The city serves as the gateway to China's hinterlands and is nicknamed the "thoroughfare to nine provinces".

The city has increased the pace of improving transport infrastructure in recent years to ease clogged roads. Five bridges are in use over the Yangtze, and one more is being built.

http://www.chinadaily.com.cn/bizchin...nt_6629672.htm
snow is red no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
wuhan