daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > Supertalls

Supertalls Discussions of projects under construction between 300-599m/1,000-1,999ft tall.
» Proposed Supertalls

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old October 29th, 2006, 12:39 AM   #61
beaujoe

Likes (Received): 1

It seems to me that this tower would have a pretty good chance of being built. None of the elements of design seem unrealistic. 600m is an achieveable height, assuming the ground proves to be suitable for such a tower.

I think this tower is very, very well planned. It illustrates a good example of a "mixed use" tower. Its design is simple, yet elegant, and still sophisticated. And the architects have a very good structural design as well. It could easily become a symbol for Russia as their economy and nation continue to develop.

I'm excited to see how the project progresses!
beaujoe no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old October 29th, 2006, 02:02 AM   #62
jmancuso
make it so...

Likes (Received): 56

i don't see how this or the LBT or is a rip of of the transamerica pyramid...as if the transamerica corporation invented the pyramid concept.
Old October 29th, 2006, 11:35 AM   #63
HLLND-OZ

Likes (Received): 0

INVENTED THE PYRAMID ?!?!?

What about Egypt ? Pyramid ?
HLLND-OZ no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 29th, 2006, 02:51 PM   #64
eng_kheffa
HASSAN H. FATHY

APPROPRIATE SITE ?????

i do not think this location of the project is proportional to its size and majority , IT SEEMS THAT STREETS R VERY NARROW , SOMETHING LIKE THAT MUST HAVE MORE AREA AND SPACE SO AS TO BE ABLE TO ADAPT WITH THE VOLUME OF COMPRESSION OF TENS OF CARS AND LOT OF PEOPLE
... OR WHAT DO U THINK ?
eng_kheffa no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 29th, 2006, 05:51 PM   #65
coth
pride leader

Likes (Received): 6827

first of all i think that there was no necessary to use big colorfic font.

second - there are 10 underground floors planned for parking and other stuff. as you could notice there is a freeway just in 50 meters. and there is one currently but it will be a junction of three freways.

Highcliff liked this post
coth no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 29th, 2006, 07:10 PM   #66
[email protected]
Funk Master

Likes (Received): 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myster E View Post
Badguyom, I apologise for my sarcastic comment, ignore me no hard feelings
its ok, no problem for me
The fact is I would tell, its remember me a bit the LBT and not "its remember me a lot"....
Old October 29th, 2006, 08:46 PM   #67
Indyman

Likes (Received): 4

This is my favorite building right now. I would take this in an instant before Burj Dubai or SWFC
Old October 29th, 2006, 08:47 PM   #68
Luke
Blackboard Monitor

Likes (Received): 153

The Transamerica Pyramid has four faces and a square base.

LBT does not have a square base and it has more than four faces. The faces do not meet at a common vertex (point) so therefore it is not a pyramid.

Let's try not compare all these buildings just because they taper and are pointy.

Each should be discussed on their own merits on which note I would say that Russia Tower is a very fine design, and a worthy pinnacle to Moscow's skyline.
Old October 30th, 2006, 06:03 AM   #69
skyperu34
TRUXILLO del PERU !!!

Likes (Received): 808

great !!!! that pic show construction started already !

Diseńo, arquitectura, arte y naturaleza en:

skyperu34 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 30th, 2006, 06:27 AM   #70
CULWULLA

Likes (Received): 10147

after burjD, this is my fav!
thanks
Old October 30th, 2006, 11:13 PM   #71
ZZ-II
I love Skyscrapers

Likes (Received): 6534

After Burj dubai, my favourite is Al Burj.

ZZ-II no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 30th, 2006, 11:24 PM   #72
Piotr-Stettin

Europe rulez . Amazing Hmmmm ( Russia Tower Sears Tower)
"Powszechnie wiadomym jest, że optymistyczne i żywe kolory nastrajają optymistycznie i budzą energię, a w leczeniu naszych pacjentów jednym z istotnych elementów terapii jest obudzenie w pacjencie woli walki z chorobą"
dyrektor Starosławska
Piotr-Stettin no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 30th, 2006, 11:38 PM   #73
Piotr-Stettin

http://www.businessweek.com

OCTOBER 9, 2006 GLOBAL BUSINESS

The Russian Towers Are Coming

Foreign investors are getting in on projects from Moscow to Novosibirsk

Not too many years ago, Moscow's skyline consisted of little more than the onion domes of the Kremlin and the Gothic spires of the Stalin-era buildings known as the Seven Sisters. But today, a forest of cranes dominates a 250-acre stretch along the Moscow River, where the 93-story Federation Tower -- soon to be Europe's tallest -- is rising. A few blocks away, the European Trade Center, with 160 stores, a nine-screen cinema, and a swimming pool, is nearing completion. And on the city's outskirts, the 54-story Triumph Palace last year began offering luxury residences to wealthy Russians. All across Moscow, new office towers and apartment blocks are transforming Russia's capital.

While much of the boom is due to oil money, overseas investors are getting in on the action, too. This year, foreign investment funds are likely to sock as much as $1.5 billion into Russian real estate projects, nearly double last year's level, according to real estate consultant CB Richard Ellis Noble Gibbons. "Russia is clearly a key market for us," says John Carrafiell, global co-head of Morgan Stanley Real Estate, which in July bought 10% of developer RosEuroDevelopment. The Russian group plans investments worth $3 billion over the next five years, including office towers and shopping malls in major regional cities, and a $500 million campus for high-tech firms in the Siberian city of Novosibirsk.

The attraction? Booming business and rising personal wealth mean that demand is up for all types of property. Top-quality office space in Moscow now rents for $95 a square foot -- two-thirds higher than in Midtown Manhattan. That's bad news for Moscow's business tenants, but it's a boon for real estate investors, who are seeing annual returns that top 10%, vs. 4% to 5% in Western Europe and the U.S.

Morgan Stanley isn't alone in trying to cash in on the growth. Austria's Meinl European Land Ltd. in March paid $508 million for four Moscow hypermarkets. British fund Raven Russia Ltd. raised $266 million for Russian real estate last year. And London-based Fleming Family & Partners three years ago launched a $60 million Russian real estate investment fund with money from U.S. investors such as the General Electric Pension Trust (GE ). Now the group is raising a second fund, worth at least $150 million, and hopes to invest $1 billion in the country over the next two years. Russia "gives substantial upside compared to Western Europe," says Nikolai Karetnikov, Fleming's asset manager in Moscow.

One problem, though, is finding projects that meet Western standards. Investors remain concerned about the quality of Russian construction and the reliability of partners. Until recently, foreign investment funds put money into completed buildings only, steering clear of the risks connected with construction and development -- a murky business in Russia. Construction projects typically require more than 300 separate permits and licenses. It's a red-tape barrier that opens up big possibilities for corruption.

But as property prices rise and bargains grow scarce, investors are starting to take on greater risk for higher returns. They're now keen to fund construction, where annual returns of at least 20% are the norm. They're also targeting smaller cities such as Novosibirsk, Ekaterinburg, and Krasnoyarsk, which are largely virgin territory. "The Russian regions are now much more attractive for investors than Moscow," says Natalia Korotayeva, commercial director of RosEuroDevelopment. "You can still buy a very good site and build a very good project at low cost."

Indeed, as Moscow real estate prices continue their ascent, there are growing fears that the market will overshoot. Russia's reliance on volatile oil heightens the chance of unexpected shocks. But analysts play down the risk of a commercial real estate bubble. Demand continues to outstrip supply by a wide margin, says Irina Florova, head of research at CBRE in Moscow. While Paris and London each have 300 million to 400 million square feet of modern office space, more populous Moscow has just over 50 million -- much of it Soviet-era construction that lacks air conditioning, sophisticated communications, and sufficient space for parking. Says Florova: "We don't think we will have any crisis soon."
"Powszechnie wiadomym jest, że optymistyczne i żywe kolory nastrajają optymistycznie i budzą energię, a w leczeniu naszych pacjentów jednym z istotnych elementów terapii jest obudzenie w pacjencie woli walki z chorobą"
dyrektor Starosławska
Piotr-Stettin no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 2nd, 2006, 08:19 PM   #74
Escoto_Dubai2008
Dubai, 21st Century City

Likes (Received): 411

Tha's nice to see that Moscow skyline is chnaging too fast, everyday the people of Moscow are eyewitness of all these changes, and I think that the Russia Tower is only the begining for more tall tower in Moscow and in all important cities in Russia.
Escoto_Dubai2008 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 2nd, 2006, 08:39 PM   #75
jef

Likes (Received): 5

I am very happy for Moscow.

I reckon this proposal is far better from all these bland tower blocks in Dubai and not far from reaching the quality of London skyscrapers such as Shard London Bridge, Bishopsgate or Leadenhall.
jef no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 2nd, 2006, 08:44 PM   #76
ZZ-II
I love Skyscrapers

nice news

Old November 2nd, 2006, 09:15 PM   #77
Brad
voyageur

Likes (Received): 4163

Thanks very much to everybody for the sencere comments
Brad no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 18th, 2006, 12:10 AM   #78
coth
pride leader

Likes (Received): 6827

citynext.ru has just published more exact height - 612 meters

coth no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 18th, 2006, 12:23 AM   #79
ZZ-II
I love Skyscrapers

cool, 12 meters more!!
Old November 18th, 2006, 01:06 AM   #80
tom042

Perhaps they just wanted to slip it past the Chicago Spire.
tom042 no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
ibc, mibc plot 17-18, moscow-city, moskau