daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > Supertalls

Supertalls Discussions of projects under construction between 300-599m/1,000-1,999ft tall.
» Proposed Supertalls

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old November 23rd, 2009, 07:59 PM   #1481
Jex7844
La Défenseholic

Likes (Received): 2916

Hardly born and already dead...

Hello folks,

I really feel sorry for you guys...It must be hard to swallow the pill given that the works had begun...

I'm not russian,but the cancellation of this great tower is very sad.

I'm as gutted as you are but there's nothing we can do.The crisis strikes everywhere and already has made some other projects uncertain in the world...

Let's hope Moscow will design another interesting tower once the crisis is over.

Bye to you all.

Highcliff liked this post
Jex7844 no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old November 23rd, 2009, 08:17 PM   #1482
russianpride

Likes (Received): 2571

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jex7844 View Post
Hello folks,

I really feel sorry for you guys...It must be hard to swallow the pill given that the works had begun...

I'm not russian,but the cancellation of this great tower is very sad.

I'm as gutted as you are but there's nothing we can do.The crisis strikes everywhere and already has made some other projects uncertain in the world...

Let's hope Moscow will design another interesting tower once the crisis is over.

Bye to you all.
I also really feel sorry for you...

Quote:
Originally Posted by coth View Post
It's not cancelled yet. Nobody has bought a plot so far yet, nor nobody has bought Russian Land entire business or single projects. So it's still on hold.

next time read the thread before posting

russianpride no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 23rd, 2009, 09:30 PM   #1483
SilentStrike

Likes (Received): 192

be realistic.
This thing is cancelled.

Whatever will be built on this plot will be completely different so Russia Tower is cancelled in the design (and name too) as we know it.

SilentStrike no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 24th, 2009, 10:47 AM   #1484
warden987

Likes (Received): 903

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilentStrike View Post
be realistic.
This thing is cancelled.

Whatever will be built on this plot will be completely different so Russia Tower is cancelled in the design (and name too) as we know it.

Maybe, but I still believe that not
warden987 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 24th, 2009, 11:32 AM   #1485
mattz23

Likes (Received): 1

why they cancel this project? .. i guest so by some time they will find way to continue this..
mattz23 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 24th, 2009, 03:26 PM   #1486
SirAdrian
♥ Skyscrapers

Likes (Received): 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattz23 View Post
why they cancel this project? .. i guest so by some time they will find way to continue this..
This was due to the global economic recession, they were in the middle of preparations already.

Quote:
Originally Posted by russianpride
I also really feel sorry for you...
... and we for you. Reminds me of the Twin Towers 2 crowd.
SirAdrian no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 25th, 2009, 10:49 PM   #1487
coth
pride leader

Likes (Received): 6827

From today's press-conference. The tower is not cancelled, it's officially on hold and still planned to be built. But while they are looking for a new investor and solving all legal questions they plans to build a cheap-quick temporal ground solution for parking. All legal questions to build the parking should be clear by next month.

coth no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 25th, 2009, 11:15 PM   #1488
dark_shadow1
arctic tern

Likes (Received): 510

Quote:
Originally Posted by coth View Post
From today's press-conference. The tower is not cancelled, it's officially on hold and still planned to be built. But while they are looking for a new investor and solving all legal questions they plans to build a cheap-quick temporal ground solution for parking. All legal questions to build the parking should be clear by next month.
But I suppose that it will have to be re-approved...
dark_shadow1 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 26th, 2009, 07:29 AM   #1489
patrykus

Likes (Received): 1794

...and redesigned, and renamed. If thats not true just correct me. But i suppose as 612m russia tower its dead.

patrykus no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 26th, 2009, 10:17 AM   #1490
coth
pride leader

Likes (Received): 6827

All depend on will future investor buy only a land plot, whole project or entire business.

coth no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 26th, 2009, 10:34 AM   #1491
TheFuturistic

Likes (Received): 3059

In my opinion, there are some kinds of insane races in human history, e.g:
1. Nuclear arms race
2. Supertall skyscraper race
TheFuturistic no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 26th, 2009, 10:41 AM   #1492
Gaeus
500-Internal Server Error

Likes (Received): 87

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFuturistic View Post
In my opinion, there are some kinds of insane races in human history, e.g:
1. Nuclear arms race
2. Supertall skyscraper race
If mankind back in 1950s started with economic and scientific race, then the world will be totally different right now. Good thing the Cold War is gone and we are now starting with the economic race. However, we are currently struggling with the economic race. Hoping we will recover soon.
Gaeus no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 26th, 2009, 11:03 AM   #1493
chjbolton
chjbolton

Likes (Received): 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaeus View Post
If mankind back in 1950s started with economic and scientific race, then the world will be totally different right now. Good thing the Cold War is gone and we are now starting with the economic race. However, we are currently struggling with the economic race. Hoping we will recover soon.
That is one of the dumbest things to say. Warfare is probably one of the greatest ways of achieving economic advancement and prosperity.
Yes, destruction and mayhem are an inherent part of it, but the scientific and technological discoveries/achievements kick started by military research are endless. Virtually everything around you nowadays is somewhat a spinoff from the will to annihilate yesterday or even today's declared enemy.
The Cold War was a fantastic opportunity for development and real progress; and if I may add, you Yanks should have picked a man better fitted to understand modern day challenges then the child currently not launching the new phase of military/scientific research he should have launched to answer Chinese and Russian ambitions.

"Good thing the Cold War is gone..." Think again. From a humanistic point of view, your statement is just about viable (still very naive though). Period.

chjbolton no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 27th, 2009, 07:36 AM   #1494
TheFuturistic

Cold hor Hot is just a reference to a certain war
human conflicts are endless so the war is unavoidable from time to time on earth
Let us hope that there would be no such a big war which would end the human existence.
The arms race is unavoidable
But is the crazy supertall race (500, 800, 1200 m...) really needed for human life or its just about show-off ? can it be stoppable?

Old November 27th, 2009, 10:31 AM   #1495
TheFuturistic

I hate the supertalls so much (e.g. the latest one in dubai) it resembles a tree not a human house. In that case human living has been put back onto trees, a backward evolution?

Old November 27th, 2009, 11:25 AM   #1496
sakai
BANNED

Likes (Received): 59

Quote:
Originally Posted by chjbolton View Post
That is one of the dumbest things to say. Warfare is probably one of the greatest ways of achieving economic advancement and prosperity.
Yes, destruction and mayhem are an inherent part of it, but the scientific and technological discoveries/achievements kick started by military research are endless. Virtually everything around you nowadays is somewhat a spinoff from the will to annihilate yesterday or even today's declared enemy.
The Cold War was a fantastic opportunity for development and real progress; and if I may add, you Yanks should have picked a man better fitted to understand modern day challenges then the child currently not launching the new phase of military/scientific research he should have launched to answer Chinese and Russian ambitions.

"Good thing the Cold War is gone..." Think again. From a humanistic point of view, your statement is just about viable (still very naive though). Period.
this is one of the dumbest things to say. warfare is one of the most inefficient engines for economic growth. it costs money to finance wars that serve the sole purpose of destroying capital. the same scientific achievements during war could also be the achievements without war if you invest the same amount of money. real economic growth comes from industry driven innovation that demands technology and human capital and is not dependent on government funded research in how to kill people.
sakai no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 27th, 2009, 04:01 PM   #1497
SirAdrian
♥ Skyscrapers

Likes (Received): 49

War is bad for business, and the more global the economy becomes, the more resistance there will be to war. Increasingly, trade partners find themselves on the opposite sides of a political machinery. I think we saw the last world war already, and maybe the internet plays a role in that.

SirAdrian no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 27th, 2009, 05:11 PM   #1498
Coinpeace

Likes (Received): 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirAdrian View Post
War is bad for business, and the more global the economy becomes, the more resistance there will be to war. Increasingly, trade partners find themselves on the opposite sides of a political machinery. I think we saw the last world war already, and maybe the internet plays a role in that.
you'd think russia would benefit from an all out war. i mean they have alot of commodities and war would jack up the price and demand, and to be honest, Russia kindof runs there economy on commodities...

Dangerous
Part 4: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iMEQiI7wLEE Part 4 is up :) 550m|110fl

My Youtube Channel:http://www.youtube.com/user/coinpeace

my building is getting up there :)

Coinpeace no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 27th, 2009, 05:20 PM   #1499
Coinpeace

Likes (Received): 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by chjbolton View Post

umm, i personally dont agree with you. if we had not been in a Cold War, scientists would still have researched, but they would share there research with other scientists in the world elsewhere who can use their findings and more effectivly inform one another... thus, scientists would be able to reasearch more advanced technologies and solutions to our problems. Not to mention, we wouldn't have that stupid nuclear race that is now threatening all of our lives with the N.K.s and Iranians (altho the Iranians may be telling the truth, but I'm not sure yet) threatening to start a nuclear war. Not to mention, upkeeping the nuclear missles costs a (forgive the language) shitload of taxpayer's money.
Part 4: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iMEQiI7wLEE Part 4 is up :) 550m|110fl

My Youtube Channel:http://www.youtube.com/user/coinpeace

my building is getting up there :)

Coinpeace no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 27th, 2009, 08:06 PM   #1500
sakai
BANNED

Likes (Received): 59

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coinpeace View Post
you'd think russia would benefit from an all out war. i mean they have alot of commodities and war would jack up the price and demand, and to be honest, Russia kindof runs there economy on commodities...

Dangerous
artificially inflated demand is hardly a sustainable long term growth strategy.
sakai no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
ibc, mibc plot 17-18, moscow-city, moskau