daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > General Urban Developments > DN Archives

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old October 22nd, 2006, 04:14 PM   #21
Trances
, , and , Fade to Black.

Likes (Received): 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by TopperCity View Post
The level of Carbon Dioxide in the long tunnel will be so immense that it makes this project unsafe and impossible to build.

First dont expect the cars to drive right through ?
Whats the current ferry traffic ? I can see it working but then guess what these studies are for !

Sponsored Links
Old October 22nd, 2006, 11:03 PM   #22
beaujoe

Likes (Received): 1

I'm not a gambling person, but I would gladly put a large sum of money down that this project will never happen. I agree with what many people have said: the project is economically unfeasible. They wouldn't be able to make profit off the project, at least not in the foreseeable future of this century. Plus it would only cost 5 billion euros? Come on... maybe if they use unpaid slave labor they could cut costs down to the single digits of billions, but even that would be a stretch.
beaujoe no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 22nd, 2006, 11:13 PM   #23
el palmesano
Roquetero

Likes (Received): 19503

This hung KrazyPlanet in a Spanish forum Spain includes the tunnel under the Straits of Gibraltar in the infrastructure plan -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- PROJECT WITH MOROCCO Spain includes the tunnel under the Straits of Gibraltar in the infrastructure plan SERVIMEDIA the minister of Promotion, Magdalena Alvarez, communicated its homologous Moroccan, Karim Chellab, who Spain has including the project of a tunnel under the Straits of Gibraltar, to unite Africa and Europe with a fixed connection, in the Infrastructure Plan 2005-2020. Thus Alvarez to the Moroccan authorities was transferred, within the framework of the visit of the Kings from Spain to Morocco, and announced that Spain and Morocco will jointly present/display the project to the European Commission to obtain bottoms. In addition, since the fourth campaign of soundings of the Straits already is being made by the technicians, a visit to the zone has remembered by which the tunnel in the next month of May could run. The Moroccan Infrastructure minister also presented/displayed the plan of his country and spoke of the possibility of participation of Spanish companies, for which he will organize himself, next in Spain, an encounter between Spanish industralists and the Moroccan Administration.

the Straits of Gibraltar

this is the bridge

the tunnel

this it is a floating tunnel, that is tunnel is half and another bridge
el palmesano no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 23rd, 2006, 02:31 AM   #24
godblessbotox
la is pritty

Likes (Received): 27

very interesting if true

me+flickr=joy

Last edited by godblessbotox; October 23rd, 2006 at 02:31 AM. Reason: ..its true not ture
godblessbotox no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 23rd, 2006, 02:52 AM   #25
cmoonflyer
Mainland Sea & Sky

Likes (Received): 73

Good news ! When does the project commenece ? and how much will it cost ?
We looked at mountains until dawn, and then when dawn came, it was too pretty for me - there was pink and blue and gold, in the sky, and on icy places, brilliant pink and gold flashes, and the snow was colored too, and I said," Oh," and sighed; and each moment was more beautiful than the one before; and I said, " I love you, Momma." Then I fell asleep in her arms.
That was happiness then.

- Harold Brodkey
cmoonflyer no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 23rd, 2006, 02:59 AM   #26
DonQui
BANNED

Likes (Received): 10

If the tunnel between France and the UK, two countries that have undoubtedly more traffic and communication, being parts of the EU, is struggling to survive financially, no way in hell would this one be anywhere close to profitable.

Plus, there already were immigration issues at Sangatte between France and the UK! What do you think would happen between a non-EU/EU frontier?

DonQui no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 24th, 2006, 12:32 AM   #27
Tubeman
Jubilation

Likes (Received): 3245

For the love of God! Rainier, jmancuso or baquthier pleeeease move this thread to the appropriate subforum!
Tubeman no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 24th, 2006, 05:33 AM   #28
Harkeb
BANNED

Likes (Received): 22

^ This tube is getting up Tubeman tube! LOL
Harkeb no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 24th, 2006, 09:53 AM   #29
mikeleg
Poor Leno

Likes (Received): 11

Project is, awesome, but bridge looks better ....

1,25 km height
Old October 24th, 2006, 10:11 AM   #30
Ajaypp
Trivandrum Lobbyist

Likes (Received): 1131

I don't doubt the technical feasibility of the tunnel given the Channel tunnel, the Japanese undersea tunnel and the new Alps tunnels. However, the financial feasibility seems to be in question, judging from the responses here.
Ajaypp no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 24th, 2006, 10:32 AM   #31
Bigben838

Likes (Received): 2

You are comparing the channel tunnel with this tunnel or bridge, but you can't compare them because the channel tunnel is between 2 countries and this tunnel or bridge is between 2 continents. I think its a great idea!
Old October 24th, 2006, 05:57 PM   #32
Erebus555
It's Sting. So What?

Likes (Received): 186

This is a tad dangerous isn't it? I mean, the seismic activity round there could cause a hell of a lot of maintenance problems. Also, I dont see the profitability of this. It will cause immigration problems just like the Channel Tunnel has done as well.
The UK Housing Wiki - Attempting to document every tower block, council estate, private estate, housing association, tower block construction/ demolition method, tower block architect, tower block construction company... etc etc, in the UK. Everything to do with postwar residences! - Please join and help!

EREBUS - OFFICIAL MOD CANDIDATE 2011 - BRITISH MODS FOR BRITISH PEOPLE!
Erebus555 no está en línea   Reply With Quote