daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > City/Metro Compilations

City/Metro Compilations Help report active highrise/urban developments occurring in your city to the global SSC community.

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old October 26th, 2008, 01:32 PM   #101
Quicksilver
Yanukovich nash boh

Likes (Received): 4835

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilentStrike View Post
Please do! this forum really needs some hangzhou pics, some of the best building are building build there!
I will do my best, visting CBD is on my agenda and know list of projects now so should be able to recongnise them.
Quicksilver no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old October 26th, 2008, 10:31 PM   #102
SilentStrike

Likes (Received): 192

lol i meant to say:

Please do! this forum really needs some hangzhou pics, some of the best buildings are being build there!

I was close to drunk when i posted that.
SilentStrike no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 27th, 2008, 07:57 PM   #103
Quicksilver
Yanukovich nash boh

Likes (Received): 4835

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilentStrike View Post
lol i meant to say:

Please do! this forum really needs some hangzhou pics, some of the best buildings are being build there!

I was close to drunk when i posted that.
No problems, I got the meaning of the first message anyway
Quicksilver no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 5th, 2009, 01:06 AM   #104
the spliff fairy
ONE WORLD

Likes (Received): 6426

found this on skyscraperpage, thanx to chicagoshenzhen

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagoshenzhen View Post
In the first day of 2009, I took a walk around the New CBD area of Hangzhou--Qianjiang New Town, a brand-new area on the north bank of Qiantangjiang River. It started construction about 7 years ago and is expected to have most of the projects finished in the coming 5 years.

To the new CBD area:
image hosted on flickr

The Civil Center
image hosted on flickr

image hosted on flickr

The red one is the BRT(Bus Rapid Transit) bus
image hosted on flickr

Interior
image hosted on flickr

The International Convention Center of Hangzhou: golden sun (or golden egg, I guess)
image hosted on flickr

image hosted on flickr

image hosted on flickr

The Grand Theater of Hangzhou: moon with pearl
image hosted on flickr

image hosted on flickr

image hosted on flickr

ZheJiang Fortune Finance Center
image hosted on flickr

Zunbao Twin Building
image hosted on flickr

Left:Sheng'ao Central Building; Right: Huacheng Building
image hosted on flickr

Zhejiang Telecom Building
image hosted on flickr

Random views around the Qianjiang New CBD Area
image hosted on flickr

image hosted on flickr

image hosted on flickr

image hosted on flickr

Westlake Cultural Plaza near Wulin Square
image hosted on flickr

image hosted on flickr
the spliff fairy no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 7th, 2009, 01:32 PM   #105
SilentStrike

omg that is so nice!
Old January 7th, 2009, 02:00 PM   #106
AnJellyCue

Likes (Received): 4

WOW
That's nice. thanks for the pics.
AnJellyCue no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 8th, 2009, 04:40 PM   #107
Huti
bitte spiel mir etwas

Likes (Received): 19976

highrises: a bit too (square-ish) conservative
lowrises(eggs and moons): No.1!!!
Old February 1st, 2009, 10:06 AM   #108
willliu

Likes (Received): 758

The last pics looks so great!
willliu no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 12th, 2009, 05:12 PM   #109
staff
囧!

Location: Hong Kong | Singapore | Melbourne | Malm÷ | Copenhagen | Shanghai
Likes (Received): 717

Winning design unveiled for Zhejiang University Medical Center

Old May 5th, 2009, 06:52 AM   #110
big-dog

Likes (Received): 6840

Hangzhou Raffles Plaza (planning)

(xinhuanet forum)
big-dog no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 5th, 2009, 06:54 AM   #111
big-dog

JinJi Qianjiang Commercial Complex (Planning)

(xinhuanet forum)
Old May 5th, 2009, 07:23 AM   #112
big-dog

May 1

Hangzhou CBD constructon update

Zhejiang Fortune Center (twin), 258m

Convention center

Entrance of Wave City, large underground shopping center

Hangzhou Citizen center (government building, library etc)

Left: Wanxiang right: Wanyin

Greenland, Wangzu No 1

by kankanwusuowei, xinhuanet
Old May 5th, 2009, 07:41 AM   #113
foxmulder_ms

Likes (Received): 21

Very nice city and pictures. Thanks..
foxmulder_ms no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 5th, 2009, 07:44 PM   #114
SilentStrike

Quote:
Originally Posted by big-dog View Post
Hangzhou Raffles Plaza (planning)

(xinhuanet forum)
This one has already been approved i think.
Old May 5th, 2009, 08:10 PM   #115
skyscraper100
>:

Likes (Received): 32

nice one, very unique
skyscraper100 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 5th, 2009, 08:38 PM   #116
staff
囧!

Location: Hong Kong | Singapore | Melbourne | Malm÷ | Copenhagen | Shanghai
Likes (Received): 717

A great CBD in the works. Kinda reminds me of Moscow IBC but lower and a bit more spread out. Modern Hangzhou will look spectacular in 10-15 years time.
Old May 6th, 2009, 03:32 PM   #117
snapdragon

Likes (Received): 368

I am planing to travel across china sometime this year or maybe next . Actually i am even considering getting a job in China . I was offered a job in huawei in shenzen sometime back but i dropped it .(((( that was a real big mistake now i am so desperate to be a part of chinese growth story and see it for myself .That is the single most exciting thing on earth and ahs got me hooked
snapdragon no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 12th, 2009, 11:33 AM   #118
hkskyline
Hong Kong

Likes (Received): 18168

Luxury hotels flock to Hangzhou
6 May 2009
Shanghai Daily

Hangzhou has become a competitive battlefield for the luxury hotel industry. The capital of Zhejiang Province is attracting flocks of international hotel chains ready to try for a slice of the city's huge tourism market. Tan Weiyun checks in.

Famous as a tourist destination with its beautiful setting and rich cultural heritage, Hangzhou, now named as one of "China's Best Tourism City," has become a competitive battlefield for the luxury hotel industry.

The capital of Zhejiang Province is attracting flocks of international hotel chains ready to try for a slice of the city's huge tourism market.

"Hangzhou has a good balance of leisure and business," said Michael Malik, chairman of the Shanghai Business Council Marriott International. "We don't think it is too late for us to enter the market. It is just about the right time as the market is maturing."

The hotel giant has two major two projects - the Courtyard by Marriott Hangzhou City Center and the JW Marriott Hotel Hangzhou. The Courtyard will be open by the end of this year and the other hotel by the end of next year. It is the first time the Marriott group has set foot in the scenic city.

Located in Wulin, Hangzhou's business center, the 320-room JW Marriott and the 340-room Courtyard by Marriott Hangzhou City Center will offer travelers an even wider selection of accommodation.

As Marriott's luxury hotel brand, the JW Marriott Hotel Hangzhou will provide a variety of dining options, including a casual all-day restaurant, a Chinese restaurant with 10 private dining rooms, a specialty restaurant with three private dining rooms and a lobby lounge and entertainment bar.

Marriott's Courtyard hotels are designed for businessmen and upmarket travelers. The Courtyard by Marriott Hangzhou City Center will have an executive floor and lounge, a business center and a gift shop. Guests of the Courtyard will have access to the JW Marriott Hotel Hangzhou's conference rooms, restaurants and lounges, health club and spa.

Though the global economic crisis has cast a shadow over the industry, Marriot is sticking to its strategy in China with many other properties under construction.

Currently there are 17 hotels being built around the country, including five in Shanghai and others in Hangzhou, Suzhou, Nanjing, Beijing, Guangzhou, Xi'an, Tianjin and Macau.

"Though these are difficult times, we're continuing to do a good job," the chairman said. "To take good care of our customers, create value and deliver great service for them is our philosophy."

Another leading hotel chain, InterContinental Hotels Group, plunged into Hangzhou's tourism market early this year.

Last month the group opened the four-star Holiday Inn Hangzhou in the city's Thousand Island Lake area, providing conference facilities and a large banquet hall, broadband Internet access, video conferencing facilities and on-site technical support.

A few months earlier, the Crowne Plaza Hangzhou Grand Canal and Holiday Inn Express Grand Canal were opened close to the city's CBD and downtown.

The Crowne Plaza has 331 rooms including 106 executive rooms and suites equipped with ergonomically designed work areas, broadband Internet access, full-size individual baths and 37-inch flat screen LCD televisions.

It's business services include tailor-made conference programs. All six conference rooms and the ballroom have natural light and are designed to accommodate between 20 and 500 people and offer audio-visual systems, broadband Internet access and LCD projectors.

The newly opened Holiday Inn Express Hangzhou Grand Canal is 15 minutes' drive to the West Lake on the elevated highway and is tailored for thrifty tourists who still care about quality.

"Hangzhou has become an important market for us. It has its unique advantages," said Li Jing, the director of sales and marketing of Crowne Plaza. "Hangzhou is not only a long-famed tourist destination, but also a potential market for the MICE industry (meetings, incentives, conferences and events) close to the commercial center in Shanghai."

Another IHG hotel is scheduled to open in Hangzhou's Binjiang area at the end of this year.

The accommodation market in Hangzhou has become more heated as other hotels open. After a soft opening last December, the Oakwood Residence Hangzhou will have a grand opening in second half of this year.

Located on Jiaogong Road, and linked to the Europe America Center complex at the prime Yellow Dragon commercial circle, this 166-residence residency block claims to be the city's first international serviced apartments offering studios, one, two or three bedroom options and a kaleidoscope of facilities and services.

It might be luxurious for tourists but behind the glamor there is a fierce battle for customers going on around the picturesque West Lake and its neighboring landmarks.

World Photo Gallery - | St. Petersburg, Russia | Pyongyang | Tokyo | Istanbul | Dubai | Shanghai | Mumbai | Bangkok | Sydney

New York, London, Prague, Iceland, Rocky Mountains, Angkor Wat, Sri Lanka, Poland, Myanmar, and much more!
hkskyline no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 5th, 2009, 05:17 PM   #119
hkskyline
Hong Kong

Likes (Received): 18168

Offering the sun and the moon
5 November 2009
Shanghai Daily

HANGZHOU is best known for its West Lake, but many people tend to forget the city's other body of water - the Qianjiang River, known for its spectacular tides.

Qianjiang New Town, the area near the river on the other side of the city, has been getting increased exposure in recent years.

Like Shanghai's Pudong New Area, this area has been planned as a financial center for the city and Zhejiang Province, and as with Pudong there's spectacular architecture.

The most awe-inspiring is the vast sun-moon complex, with an 18-story golden ball representing the sun and a silver crescent representing the moon.

The exterior has been completed and work on the interior is underway.

The idea is to compare development of Hangzhou and Qianjiang New Town to the glorious celestial bodies.

"The iconic construction, the rising sun and the moon, will put Hangzhou on the international map, attracting people not only to see the wonderful national heritage of the city, but also the modern and innovative part," says Rob Spiekerman, general manager of InterContinental Hangzhou, a five-star international hotel contained in the golden ball. It's expected to open next year.

The golden ball is the Hangzhou International Conference Center, said to be the largest planned in China, and the crescent-shaped Hangzhou Grand Theater.

Attached to the conference center and inside the ball, the InterContinental Hangzhou will have nearly 400 rooms and large and advanced conference facilities.

The grand ballroom, 2,000 square meters without pillars, can accommodate more than 1,000 guests for all kinds of international meetings. It can be divided into smaller units for smaller events. The hotel offers 26 other meeting rooms.

It also offers a state-of-the-art video conference room and a TV broadcasting room. All meeting rooms use natural lighting and some have private gardens for events such as weddings or anniversaries.

Spiekerman, who has worked extensively in Europe, tells Shanghai Daily he has wanted to work in China.

Arriving seven months ago, Spiekerman traveled around the country and fell in love with Hangzhou, "a financial heart with beautiful scenery and rich culture."

"I'm very excited with the project, not only for its distinguished architecture, but also for the potential of the market, with daily developments," says Spiekerman. He now devotes his time to solving the various challenges posed by the exterior curvature of the hotel, which occupies part of the ball.

The hotel will have around 400 rooms with floor-to-ceiling windows that offer panoramic view of the Qianjiang River and the scenic city.

World Photo Gallery - | St. Petersburg, Russia | Pyongyang | Tokyo | Istanbul | Dubai | Shanghai | Mumbai | Bangkok | Sydney

New York, London, Prague, Iceland, Rocky Mountains, Angkor Wat, Sri Lanka, Poland, Myanmar, and much more!
hkskyline no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 6th, 2009, 01:09 PM   #120
city_thing
Put it in your mouth

Likes (Received): 883

There doesn't seem to be a single pedestrian in the entire city!

It will be interesting to see how civic life blooms in China's rebuilt cities. All these new areas look so dead, they must be ghost towns at night.
city_thing no está en línea   Reply With Quote