daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > City/Metro Compilations

City/Metro Compilations Help report active highrise/urban developments occurring in your city to the global SSC community.

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old September 28th, 2012, 09:16 PM   #401
Minsk

Likes (Received): 1786

Amazing tower!
Minsk no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old September 28th, 2012, 09:24 PM   #402
ZZ-II
I love Skyscrapers

Likes (Received): 6525

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julito-dubai
New Developments for Huangdao, south of Qingdao Bay

The first is Shimao Genting Building 248 metres high

The second is Hilton Huangdao, I would guess about 430m high plus helipad maybe 450m

They were just setting up the office there, so there is not much info on this yet....
That helipad on that hilton tower looks awesome!
ZZ-II no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 30th, 2012, 07:03 PM   #403
CarlosBlueDragon
CarlosRedDragon

Likes (Received): 678

中国国庆节快乐 (^_^)

> 同一个做夢
> 同一个中国
(同一个北京)(同一个上海)(同一个天津)(同一个广州)(同一个深圳)(同一个重庆)(同一个杭州)(同一个南京)(同一个沈陽)(同一个武汉)(同一个成都)(同一个長春)(同一个长沙)(同一个苏州)(同一个无锡)(同一个扬州)(同一个西安)(同一个吉林)(同一个青島)(同一个大连)(同一个厦门)(同一个潮州)(同一个高州)(同一个香港)(同一个澳門)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I LoVe ChInA
CarlosBlueDragon no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 2nd, 2012, 05:15 PM   #404
Julito-dubai
Yes We Can !

Location: Nanjing (CN), Beijing (CN), Braunschweig (GER), Dubai (UAE)
Likes (Received): 254

There is yet more to come. Found this on gaoloumi.com

I believe it is Jiaonan New City, South of Huangdao Area

At least 2 350m twin towers, plus the ones I have posted a few days ago, because I believe that is where they are going.

[IMG]http://i47.************/4vld7b.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i45.************/244bqxz.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i50.************/2v0ixit.jpg[/IMG]

http://www.gaoloumi.com/viewthread.p...&extra=&page=2

already some development happening:

http://newhouse.qd.soufun.com/2012-0...955419_all.htm

- Your man for special investigative tasks in the Yangtse River Delta ! -

Three things I am following on the Internet:

- Skyscraper Construction in China
- Developing Story of Andrea Rossi and the Ecat. A new technology to produce heat and electricity through a new nuclear process called LENR
- Discovery of Extrasolar Planets

Last edited by Julito-dubai; October 2nd, 2012 at 05:45 PM.
Julito-dubai no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 2nd, 2012, 05:44 PM   #405
Julito-dubai
Yes We Can !

Navy Museum Qingdao planned at the old harbour

[IMG]http://i48.************/2a8ri1c.jpg[/IMG]

- Developing Story of Andrea Rossi and the Ecat. A new technology to produce heat and electricity through a new nuclear process called LENR
Old October 6th, 2012, 06:08 PM   #406
Julito-dubai
Yes We Can !

[IMG]http://i49.************/w7kfus.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i48.************/skxpjk.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i46.************/2rnivkg.jpg[/IMG]

Qingdao Little Harbor Redevelopment. Looks like there are 2 tall towers to come

Old October 8th, 2012, 05:14 PM   #407
hkskyline
Hong Kong

Likes (Received): 17797

Scaffold collapse kills 2 in East China city

FUZHOU, Oct. 7 (Xinhua) -- Two workers were killed Sunday morning after a scaffold at a construction site collapsed in Fuzhou City in east China's Fujian Province, according to local government.

Four workers were buried by the collapsing scaffold at the Silver Bay Construction site in Mawei District of Fuzhou City, said a spokesman of the city government.

Two of them were seriously injured and died in hospital. The other two were under medical treatment.

The scaffold collapsed at 7:24 a.m.while workers were cleaning the walls of a building.

Police said they are investigating the cause of the accident.

World Photo Gallery - | St. Petersburg, Russia | Pyongyang | Tokyo | Istanbul | Dubai | Shanghai | Mumbai | Bangkok | Sydney

New York, London, Prague, Iceland, Rocky Mountains, Angkor Wat, Sri Lanka, Poland, Myanmar, and much more!
hkskyline no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 11th, 2012, 01:05 PM   #408
Minsk

Gehua Youth and Cultural Center / Open Architecture

Architects: Open Architecture
Architect In Charge: Li Hu, Huang Wenjing
Project Team: Qi Zhengdong, Thomas Batzenschlager, Zhao Yao, John Lim, Wang Jianling, Wu Lan, Ge Ruishi, Sigmund Lerner, Zhu Deshun
Project Year: 2012
Photographs: Xia Zhi

This pioneer youth and cultural center is located in Beidaihe, a seaside town with exceptional historical and cultural significance. The whole building is surrounded by nature, protected from the noises and chaos of the city. The 2,700 sqm’s building has various functional requirements: theater, gallery, activity spaces, DIY space, café, book bar, multi-media hall, master studio, VIP room and so on. With the aim of maximizing both the preservation of nature on site and the diversity of spatial qualities, OPEN designed a building which is completely fused with nature. Free flowing indoor spaces fully connect to the outdoor landscape. The same space can assume different functions for different occasions. The central courtyard is not only part of the landscape throughout the year but it is also an extension to the theatre for hosting a much larger crowd watching performances. The roof is covered with green and a variety of suitable outdoor activities, so 100% of the land is effectively used, an important aspect of the camp’s operation.

Although the theatre is relatively small with about 120 seats, it is designed and equipped to be able to host high quality professional performances. When both sets of folding doors behind the stage are fully opened, the courtyard suddenly becomes a part of the theatre, creating a delightful surprise that transforms the small theatre into a large performing arena. The performers act and dance inside and outside, taking in the natural elements outside as part of the performance. The spectators will enjoy a totally different kind of theater experience both novel and unexpected. In another occasion, the courtyard risen along the slope can be an ideal auditorium for both performances and open-air cinema.

The building is funded by Beijing Gehua Cultural Development Group, and will be the base for the Little Angle Action Fund under the China Youth Foundation for their Camp Experience and Training Center. It also serves as a cultural center for Beidaihe’s local communities.

Source: www.archdaily.com

Old October 11th, 2012, 03:07 PM   #409
hkskyline
Hong Kong

Buddhism-themed park under construction in NW China

LANZHOU, Oct. 8 (Xinhua) -- Construction on a Buddhism-themed park in the ancient city of Dunhuang in northwest China's Gansu Province kicked off earlier this month, local officials said Monday.

Situated in the historic site of Shazhou in west Dunhuang, the World Buddhism Culture Park will consist of a prayer square, a Buddhist relic study center, a hall for debating Buddhist scripts and a meditation center, sources with the Dunhuang Tourism Bureau said.

The park is the first of its kind in Gansu. It is expected to be completed in two years with an investment of around 3 billion yuan (477 million U.S. dollars).

The park will cover an area of around 20 hectares and will epitomize Buddhist culture, the sources said.

As an important courier station on the ancient Silk Road, Dunhuang was the first stop for Buddhist monks entering China, thus playing an important role in the spread of Buddhism. Dunhuang is widely known for the Mogao Grottoes, where a great number of Buddhist sculptures and wall paintings have been preserved.

World Photo Gallery - | St. Petersburg, Russia | Pyongyang | Tokyo | Istanbul | Dubai | Shanghai | Mumbai | Bangkok | Sydney

New York, London, Prague, Iceland, Rocky Mountains, Angkor Wat, Sri Lanka, Poland, Myanmar, and much more!
Old October 13th, 2012, 02:24 PM   #410
Julito-dubai
Yes We Can !

New Mega CBD area for southern Suzhou (Wuzhong, Wujiang area I believe...)

All over the gaoloumi Suzhou forum....

http://www.gaoloumi.com/viewthread.p...extra=page%3D1

http://bbs.csztv.com/thread-89980-1-1.html

[IMG]http://i45.************/v67x44.jpg[/IMG]

Tallest will be 400 to 500 meters!

Last edited by Julito-dubai; October 13th, 2012 at 02:42 PM.
Old October 13th, 2012, 02:31 PM   #411
Julito-dubai
Yes We Can !

[IMG]http://i46.************/347cmdu.png[/IMG]

Location of the project called "Suzhou Bay"

Old October 13th, 2012, 02:43 PM   #412
Julito-dubai
Yes We Can !

http://www.jtpchina.cn/

Lots of projects from this architect. Just have a look. Would be too much posting them all...

just one:

Dianshan Lake. New city between Suzhou and Shanghai near Qingpu

[IMG]http://i48.************/205ds87.jpg[/IMG]

This one in Nanjing:

http://www.jtpchina.cn/en/projects/nanjing/

Last edited by Julito-dubai; October 13th, 2012 at 02:55 PM.
Old October 15th, 2012, 08:07 AM   #413
Julito-dubai
Yes We Can !

320 x 2 in Langfang between Beijing and Tianjin:

http://www.gaoloumi.com/viewthread.p...extra=page%3D1

[IMG]http://i45.************/z1eti.jpg[/IMG]

Old October 15th, 2012, 12:39 PM   #414
the spliff fairy
ONE WORLD

Likes (Received): 6227

kewl! Langfang will get bigger and unite Beijing and Tianjin into one megacity?
the spliff fairy no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 15th, 2012, 06:43 PM   #415
CoCoMilk

Likes (Received): 1131

This is expected. Langfang property is much cheaper than CBDs in Beijing and Tianjin, and it's located in a strategic location with a different political background (under a province rather)
CoCoMilk no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 20th, 2012, 04:56 PM   #416
Minsk

Taiyuan Archaeological Museum / Paul Andreu Architecte

Architects: Paul Andreu Architecte
Project Year: 2007
Project Area: 50,000 sqm
Photographs: Paul Andreu Architecte

The city of Taiyuan, 3.3 million inhabitants in the south of Beijing, has entrusted Paul Andreu the design of its archaeological museum.

It is with him, and in collaboration with BIAD, that Richez Associés develops the project, and specifies the organisation of the exhibition floors, the structures, and the architecture of the facades : the five oblique volumes of the museum are equipped with vertical kliplock sheets enhanced by glass panels.

Source: www.archdaily.com

Old October 21st, 2012, 10:04 PM   #417
the spliff fairy
ONE WORLD

Likes (Received): 6227

ok, Andreu needs to be shot
the spliff fairy no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 25th, 2012, 11:38 PM   #418
Minsk

Kalarch INC's Tianjin Tuanbo Tennis Center takes shape in Tuanbo New Town

Kalarch Design Group (KDG) won the commission to design Tianjin Tuanbo International Tennis Center as a result of an invited international design competition in 2008. KDG won the commission after being awarded first prize, emerging from a field of five competitors.

The Tennis Center is located in Tuanbo New Town, an AECOM planned new community south of downtown Tianjin. The new town promotes healthy life style by providing a live/work balance, a variety of sports amenities and an eco friendly environment. Tennis Center is part of Phase One for the New Town. It is scheduled for completion by the end of 2012, in time for 2013 East Asian Games hosted by Tianjin.

The Tennis Center includes three main facilities: the Center Court, Court No. One and the Tennis Club. There are also eighteen practice courts. The Center has the capacity to host major professional events. In an effort to promote financial sustainability, the venue will be used as training and leisure facilities after and between competitions.

The three main buildings are conceived as identical objects, generic cup-shaped inner cores with tilted outer shells. The concrete inner cores are simple and efficient, while louvered outer shells, due to its material and shape, providing an ever-changing quality.

The grounds are generously landscaped, providing an open and welcoming environment for the Center. While major events not in session, the grounds will serve as a tennis themed urban park, serving communities in Tuanbo. CCDI Beijing served as executive architect for this project.

Source: www.worldarchitecturenews.com

Old October 26th, 2012, 12:23 AM   #419
el palmesano
Roquetero

Likes (Received): 19605

seems amazing!
Old October 27th, 2012, 01:51 PM   #420
hkskyline
Hong Kong

Infrastructure boost planned for China's youngest city

HAIKOU, Oct. 26 (Xinhua) -- Plans have been announced to speed up infrastructure construction in the newly established Sansha City in the South China Sea to fully tap into the island city's rich natural resources.

"We will accelerate construction projects in Sansha in sectors including traffic, telecommunication, water and electricity supply, logistics and sewage treatment," said Jiang Dingzhi, governor of China's southernmost province of Hainan, home to Sansha.

Speaking at a conference on oceanic exploitation on Thursday, he said the province will also prioritize building service bases for resource development.

Further support will be given to develop the fishery, tourism, gas and oil sectors, according to the governor.

China's youngest city, officially set up in July on Yongxing Island to administer the Xisha, Zhongsha and Nansha islands and their surrounding waters, is planning four infrastructure projects and started a housing program last month.

The projects include road construction, water supply and drainage on Yongxing Island, where the city government is seated.