daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Airports and Aviation > Airports

Airports discussions about existing airports



Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.


Reply

 
Thread Tools
Old July 30th, 2012, 10:39 AM   #361
danchun
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 296
Likes (Received): 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by hmmwv View Post
The chart above my post shows from Jan to May 2012 Yunan received 1.22 million foreign visitors. Kunming only counts towards one portion of the Yunnan travel market, as the more famous places such as Dali or Lijiang are far from Kunming, in fact when I visited Yunan I didn't even bother with Kunming. Also if funny that you mentioned Laotian migrant workers, have you ever been to China? I've never heard of Southeastern Asian migrant workers in China, not to say they don't exist, but the number must be extremely small. I would say the vast majority of the visitors come from English speaking or other European countries. Go to the traditional Naxi nation town of Lijiang and you'll see that it's hard to find a store that doesn't have someone who can speak English. I'd say most Chinese colleges (anywhere) and most high schools in major cities have native English speakers as foreign language teacher, Yunnan University's English program started in 1942 and remains one of the strongest in the nation, the separate College of Tourism's foreign language department alone has 11 foreign teachers.

korean tourists are the most,then japanese,the usa.
danchun no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old July 31st, 2012, 12:00 AM   #362
Geography
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 447
Likes (Received): 104

Quote:
I would say the vast majority of the visitors come from English speaking or other European countries. Go to the traditional Naxi nation town of Lijiang and you'll see that it's hard to find a store that doesn't have someone who can speak English. I'd say most Chinese colleges (anywhere) and most high schools in major cities have native English speakers as foreign language teacher, Yunnan University's English program started in 1942 and remains one of the strongest in the nation, the separate College of Tourism's foreign language department alone has 11 foreign teachers.
So can we all agree that knowledge of English is an important factor in a city's development? And that to acquire a good level of spoken English you need native English speaking teachers?

I'm waiting for particlez to call us all English chauvinists for agreeing to the above statement.
Geography no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 31st, 2012, 07:04 AM   #363
danchun
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 296
Likes (Received): 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geography View Post
So can we all agree that knowledge of English is an important factor in a city's development? And that to acquire a good level of spoken English you need native English speaking teachers?

I'm waiting for particlez to call us all English chauvinists for agreeing to the above statement.
now maybe Chinese is more important .
danchun no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 31st, 2012, 07:39 AM   #364
FM 2258
Registered User
 
FM 2258's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Austin
Posts: 5,438
Likes (Received): 612

Quote:
Originally Posted by danchun View Post
now maybe Chinese is more important .
Yeah, 1.3 billion people I think at least speak some form of Chinese.

These new Chinese airports are very beautiful and from the ones I've visited are all very easy to get around and through.
FM 2258 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 31st, 2012, 08:36 AM   #365
danchun
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 296
Likes (Received): 19

in 2011,there were about 4 million foreign tourists coming to Yunnan,there were 0.16 billion domestic tourists(from other provines) coming to Yunnan.

so the percent of foreign touists only:2.5%
danchun no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 1st, 2012, 12:27 AM   #366
hmmwv
Registered User
 
hmmwv's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Seattle
Posts: 2,391
Likes (Received): 420

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geography View Post
So can we all agree that knowledge of English is an important factor in a city's development? And that to acquire a good level of spoken English you need native English speaking teachers?

I'm waiting for particlez to call us all English chauvinists for agreeing to the above statement.
Absolutely, I think most people in China would acknowledge that reality too.
__________________
The building under construction next to Shanghai Tower is Oriental Financial Center. The "plot" next to Jinmao is reserved green belt and no skyscraper will be built there.
hmmwv no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 2nd, 2012, 06:38 AM   #367
peacedot
Registered User
 
peacedot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Big Apple
Posts: 138
Likes (Received): 1

Reality is that more and more people in the west are learning Chinese now, the language from the central kingdom.
__________________
GREEN URBAN
peacedot no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 8th, 2012, 04:12 PM   #368
hkskyline
Hong Kong
 
hkskyline's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Posts: 86,867
Likes (Received): 18135

Source : http://pic.feeyo.com/posts/568/5689009.html



























__________________
Hong Kong Photo Gallery - Click Here for the Hong Kong Galleries

World Photo Gallery - | St. Petersburg, Russia | Pyongyang | Tokyo | Istanbul | Dubai | Shanghai | Mumbai | Bangkok | Sydney

New York, London, Prague, Iceland, Rocky Mountains, Angkor Wat, Sri Lanka, Poland, Myanmar, and much more!
hkskyline no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 9th, 2012, 03:53 PM   #369
[email protected]
Global Citizen
 
R@ptor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Frankfurt
Posts: 4,302
Likes (Received): 6407

I'm surprised that no airline has announced any intercontinental destinations from the new airport yet, considering how popular Yunnan is as a tourist destination.
R@ptor no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 12th, 2012, 06:33 AM   #370
crskyline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Jakarta -> Singapore -> Vancouver
Posts: 157
Likes (Received): 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by hmmwv View Post
The chart above my post shows from Jan to May 2012 Yunan received 1.22 million foreign visitors. Kunming only counts towards one portion of the Yunnan travel market, as the more famous places such as Dali or Lijiang are far from Kunming, in fact when I visited Yunan I didn't even bother with Kunming. Also if funny that you mentioned Laotian migrant workers, have you ever been to China? I've never heard of Southeastern Asian migrant workers in China, not to say they don't exist, but the number must be extremely small. I would say the vast majority of the visitors come from English speaking or other European countries. Go to the traditional Naxi nation town of Lijiang and you'll see that it's hard to find a store that doesn't have someone who can speak English. I'd say most Chinese colleges (anywhere) and most high schools in major cities have native English speakers as foreign language teacher, Yunnan University's English program started in 1942 and remains one of the strongest in the nation, the separate College of Tourism's foreign language department alone has 11 foreign teachers.
Regarding to the issue migrant workers, China restricts both the inflow and outflow of non-skilled workers. Therefore, there is not much Chinese migrant workers in richer industralised nations and also there is not much migrant workers from SE asia working in China.
crskyline no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 20th, 2012, 05:37 PM   #371
bill623
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 7
Likes (Received): 0

GOOD....I LIKE BEAUIFUL
bill623 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 27th, 2012, 06:31 PM   #372
peacedot
Registered User
 
peacedot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Big Apple
Posts: 138
Likes (Received): 1

__________________
GREEN URBAN

Last edited by peacedot; August 27th, 2012 at 06:42 PM.
peacedot no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 27th, 2012, 06:39 PM   #373
peacedot
Registered User
 
peacedot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Big Apple
Posts: 138
Likes (Received): 1

__________________
GREEN URBAN
peacedot no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 29th, 2012, 09:14 AM   #374
Wilz
Indonesian
 
Wilz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Medan, North Sumatra
Posts: 763
Likes (Received): 191

airports in major cities of china are extraordinary, that are very great achievement.
__________________
Your coming is our happiness, Its time to visit INDONESIA
Wilz no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 30th, 2012, 03:16 PM   #375
hkskyline
Hong Kong
 
hkskyline's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Posts: 86,867
Likes (Received): 18135

Source : http://pic.feeyo.com/posts/570/5707244.html

__________________
Hong Kong Photo Gallery - Click Here for the Hong Kong Galleries

World Photo Gallery - | St. Petersburg, Russia | Pyongyang | Tokyo | Istanbul | Dubai | Shanghai | Mumbai | Bangkok | Sydney

New York, London, Prague, Iceland, Rocky Mountains, Angkor Wat, Sri Lanka, Poland, Myanmar, and much more!
hkskyline no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 31st, 2012, 02:26 PM   #376
Awesome.e
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Cape Town
Posts: 1,866
Likes (Received): 33

WOW!!!!!!!!
__________________
Visited Cities Around The World
Taipei, Kaohsiung, Hong Kong, Singapore, Kuala Lumpur, Tokyo, Johannesburg, Durban, Pretoria, Cape Town, New York, Washington DC,
Chicago,
Miami,
Tampa,
London, Munich, Windhoek
Awesome.e no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 5th, 2012, 04:10 PM   #377
dirkjes
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Belgium
Posts: 53
Likes (Received): 1

Should read this

http://en.kunming.cn/index/content/2...nt_3067209.htm
dirkjes no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 28th, 2012, 05:51 AM   #378
peacedot
Registered User
 
peacedot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Big Apple
Posts: 138
Likes (Received): 1

__________________
GREEN URBAN
peacedot no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 28th, 2012, 05:53 AM   #379
peacedot
Registered User
 
peacedot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Big Apple
Posts: 138
Likes (Received): 1

__________________
GREEN URBAN
peacedot no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 28th, 2012, 06:17 AM   #380
peacedot
Registered User
 
peacedot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Big Apple
Posts: 138
Likes (Received): 1

__________________
GREEN URBAN
peacedot no está en línea   Reply With Quote


Reply

Tags
east asian hub airport

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Related topics on SkyscraperCity


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 03:37 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Feedback Buttons provided by Advanced Post Thanks / Like (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2018 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2018 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

SkyscraperCity ☆ In Urbanity We trust ☆ about us | privacy policy | DMCA policy

tech management by Sysprosium