daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Airports and Aviation > Airports

Airports discussions about existing airports

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old July 30th, 2012, 10:39 AM   #361
danchun

Likes (Received): 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by hmmwv View Post
The chart above my post shows from Jan to May 2012 Yunan received 1.22 million foreign visitors. Kunming only counts towards one portion of the Yunnan travel market, as the more famous places such as Dali or Lijiang are far from Kunming, in fact when I visited Yunan I didn't even bother with Kunming. Also if funny that you mentioned Laotian migrant workers, have you ever been to China? I've never heard of Southeastern Asian migrant workers in China, not to say they don't exist, but the number must be extremely small. I would say the vast majority of the visitors come from English speaking or other European countries. Go to the traditional Naxi nation town of Lijiang and you'll see that it's hard to find a store that doesn't have someone who can speak English. I'd say most Chinese colleges (anywhere) and most high schools in major cities have native English speakers as foreign language teacher, Yunnan University's English program started in 1942 and remains one of the strongest in the nation, the separate College of Tourism's foreign language department alone has 11 foreign teachers.

korean tourists are the most,then japanese,the usa.
danchun no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old July 31st, 2012, 12:00 AM   #362
Geography

Likes (Received): 104

Quote:
I would say the vast majority of the visitors come from English speaking or other European countries. Go to the traditional Naxi nation town of Lijiang and you'll see that it's hard to find a store that doesn't have someone who can speak English. I'd say most Chinese colleges (anywhere) and most high schools in major cities have native English speakers as foreign language teacher, Yunnan University's English program started in 1942 and remains one of the strongest in the nation, the separate College of Tourism's foreign language department alone has 11 foreign teachers.
So can we all agree that knowledge of English is an important factor in a city's development? And that to acquire a good level of spoken English you need native English speaking teachers?

I'm waiting for particlez to call us all English chauvinists for agreeing to the above statement.
Geography no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 31st, 2012, 07:04 AM   #363
danchun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geography View Post
So can we all agree that knowledge of English is an important factor in a city's development? And that to acquire a good level of spoken English you need native English speaking teachers?

I'm waiting for particlez to call us all English chauvinists for agreeing to the above statement.
now maybe Chinese is more important .
Old July 31st, 2012, 07:39 AM   #364
FM 2258

Likes (Received): 612

Quote:
Originally Posted by danchun View Post
now maybe Chinese is more important .
Yeah, 1.3 billion people I think at least speak some form of Chinese.

These new Chinese airports are very beautiful and from the ones I've visited are all very easy to get around and through.
FM 2258 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 31st, 2012, 08:36 AM   #365
danchun

in 2011,there were about 4 million foreign tourists coming to Yunnan,there were 0.16 billion domestic tourists(from other provines) coming to Yunnan.

so the percent of foreign touists only:2.5%
Old August 1st, 2012, 12:27 AM   #366
hmmwv

Likes (Received): 420

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geography View Post

Absolutely, I think most people in China would acknowledge that reality too.
Old August 2nd, 2012, 06:38 AM   #367
peacedot

Likes (Received): 1

Reality is that more and more people in the west are learning Chinese now, the language from the central kingdom.
Old August 8th, 2012, 04:12 PM   #368
hkskyline
Hong Kong

Likes (Received): 18135

Source : http://pic.feeyo.com/posts/568/5689009.html

World Photo Gallery - | St. Petersburg, Russia | Pyongyang | Tokyo | Istanbul | Dubai | Shanghai | Mumbai | Bangkok | Sydney

New York, London, Prague, Iceland, Rocky Mountains, Angkor Wat, Sri Lanka, Poland, Myanmar, and much more!
hkskyline no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 9th, 2012, 03:53 PM   #369
[email protected]
Global Citizen

Likes (Received): 6407

I'm surprised that no airline has announced any intercontinental destinations from the new airport yet, considering how popular Yunnan is as a tourist destination.
R@ptor no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 12th, 2012, 06:33 AM   #370
crskyline

Likes (Received): 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by hmmwv View Post
The chart above my post shows from Jan to May 2012 Yunan received 1.22 million foreign visitors. Kunming only counts towards one portion of the Yunnan travel market, as the more famous places such as Dali or Lijiang are far from Kunming, in fact when I visited Yunan I didn't even bother with Kunming. Also if funny that you mentioned Laotian migrant workers, have you ever been to China? I've never heard of Southeastern Asian migrant workers in China, not to say they don't exist, but the number must be extremely small. I would say the vast majority of the visitors come from English speaking or other European countries. Go to the traditional Naxi nation town of Lijiang and you'll see that it's hard to find a store that doesn't have someone who can speak English. I'd say most Chinese colleges (anywhere) and most high schools in major cities have native English speakers as foreign language teacher, Yunnan University's English program started in 1942 and remains one of the strongest in the nation, the separate College of Tourism's foreign language department alone has 11 foreign teachers.
Regarding to the issue migrant workers, China restricts both the inflow and outflow of non-skilled workers. Therefore, there is not much Chinese migrant workers in richer industralised nations and also there is not much migrant workers from SE asia working in China.
crskyline no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 20th, 2012, 05:37 PM   #371
bill623

Likes (Received): 0

GOOD....I LIKE BEAUIFUL
bill623 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 27th, 2012, 06:31 PM   #372
peacedot

Last edited by peacedot; August 27th, 2012 at 06:42 PM.
peacedot no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 27th, 2012, 06:39 PM   #373
peacedot

Old August 29th, 2012, 09:14 AM   #374
Wilz
Indonesian

Likes (Received): 191

airports in major cities of china are extraordinary, that are very great achievement.
Old August 30th, 2012, 03:16 PM   #375
hkskyline
Hong Kong

Likes (Received): 18135

Source : http://pic.feeyo.com/posts/570/5707244.html

World Photo Gallery - | St. Petersburg, Russia | Pyongyang | Tokyo | Istanbul | Dubai | Shanghai | Mumbai | Bangkok | Sydney

New York, London, Prague, Iceland, Rocky Mountains, Angkor Wat, Sri Lanka, Poland, Myanmar, and much more!
hkskyline no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 31st, 2012, 02:26 PM   #376
Awesome.e

Likes (Received): 33

WOW!!!!!!!!
Miami,
Tampa,
London, Munich, Windhoek
Awesome.e no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 5th, 2012, 04:10 PM   #377
dirkjes