daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Forums > Stadiums and Sport Arenas > Under Construction

Old March 30th, 2011, 05:48 AM   #481
Miklo Velka

Likes (Received): 0

Nice pics, can't wait for the stadium's upgrade. Aux aaaarmes!

Sponsored Links

Old March 31st, 2011, 12:43 AM   #482
imbee

Likes (Received): 11

those corners look horrible, still hope they find a better solution
imbee no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 31st, 2011, 09:10 PM   #483
alabro

Hopefully if this development goes ahead it will last longer than the previous redevelopment that came some time in the nineties. It's a much different stadium now to the one that I remember seeing on tele when the cheating bastards drew with Rangers in the first Champions league.
alabro no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 8th, 2011, 09:37 AM   #484
Brigate Rossonere
Milanista

Likes (Received): 1

I hope this is constructed. What an amazing stadium it would become. Right now it seems fair to say it is a horrible stadium. The fans and players deserve better. The renders are amazing.
Old April 8th, 2011, 12:37 PM   #485
Axelferis

Likes (Received): 868

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brigate Rossonere View Post
I hope this is constructed. What an amazing stadium it would become. Right now it seems fair to say it is a horrible stadium. The fans and players deserve better. The renders are amazing.
100% agree

With this roof you'll hear much better the french counterpart of your "vaf********"

Seriously marseille fans needs a roof
Old April 16th, 2011, 11:10 PM   #486
def

Likes (Received): 9

http://www.flickr.com/photos/villede...66529432/show/
def no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 17th, 2011, 01:16 PM   #487
Axelferis

Schedule of works trhough different steps/phasis

image hosted on flickr

phase00 par villedemarseille, sur Flickr

image hosted on flickr

phase01 par villedemarseille, sur Flickr

image hosted on flickr

phase02 par villedemarseille, sur Flickr

image hosted on flickr

phase03 par villedemarseille, sur Flickr

image hosted on flickr

phase04 par villedemarseille, sur Flickr

image hosted on flickr

phase05 par villedemarseille, sur Flickr

image hosted on flickr

phase06 par villedemarseille, sur Flickr

image hosted on flickr

phase07 par villedemarseille, sur Flickr

image hosted on flickr

phase08 par villedemarseille, sur Flickr

image hosted on flickr

phase09 par villedemarseille, sur Flickr
Old April 18th, 2011, 11:58 AM   #488
Brigate Rossonere
Milanista

Ok I think we all agree that this proposal is an amazing one and once completed will be a stadium that we will all wow at, but how much of a chance does this have to be built? Can someone please put a percentage figure to it? (Try to make it accurate please)
Old April 18th, 2011, 01:40 PM   #489
Botoxx

It's 100 % sure !!!!!
Works start this summer at the end of the championship
Financement is okay, project is okay, city and club are okay, all is okay !!!!!!!!!!!
Botoxx no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 18th, 2011, 01:52 PM   #490
Axelferis

Quote:
Ok I think we all agree that this proposal is an amazing one and once completed will be a stadium that we will all wow at, but how much of a chance does this have to be built? Can someone please put a percentage figure to it? (Try to make it accurate please)
France organizes euro 2016 remember?

The only doubt is for Lyon that we don't know if this stadium will exist one day...
Old April 18th, 2011, 09:32 PM   #491
Benn

Likes (Received): 57

But the Gerland is certainly capable of hosting Euro matches in a worst case situation (although I find it a much more attractive stadium than OL Land or whatever its called).
Benn no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 18th, 2011, 11:17 PM   #492
Botoxx

Lyon's stadium project is such a mess Its ridiculous
We just need that Prime Minister say "yes" to resolve the file. But he won't for electoral reasons and stupid political rivalry...

It contrasts with the Marseille one for Euro 2016. All details and financing issues were solved so quickly... It's easier when you deal with a real football city...
Botoxx no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 18th, 2011, 11:26 PM   #493
Axelferis

Lyon project has weakness that other cities projects don't have

Yes it is 100% private but in France it's not enough... Rather have the partnership of the city.
Old April 19th, 2011, 11:27 AM   #494
skaP187

Likes (Received): 60

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benn View Post
But the Gerland is certainly capable of hosting Euro matches in a worst case situation (although I find it a much more attractive stadium than OL Land or whatever its called).
Amen.

OL Marseile looks good!
skaP187 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 19th, 2011, 02:22 PM   #495
Brigate Rossonere
Milanista

Quote:
Originally Posted by Botoxx View Post
It's 100 % sure !!!!!
Works start this summer at the end of the championship
Financement is okay, project is okay, city and club are okay, all is okay !!!!!!!!!!!
That is great news. This was all agreed upon so quickly. So different to Italy (Cagliari new stadium talks for example, years of talk, still no progress).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axelferis View Post
France organizes euro 2016 remember?
Or course I know France is hosting Euro 2016, would I be a true fan of football otherwise?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axelferis View Post
The only doubt is for Lyon that we don't know if this stadium will exist one day...
I can't exactly understand what you are saying here? Are you saying the only doubts are around Lyon's stadium and this one is 100% sure to be constructed? If so, ok then
Old April 19th, 2011, 05:52 PM   #496
gavstar00

Likes (Received): 24

Really impressed with this design, the sheer size of the roof alone is the most spectacular part of it but I'm also massively impressed with how light and airy it looks within the stadium in the renders given the support structure rises with the roof. For me, definitely the most impressive and visually stunning stadium for the 2016 Euros that we've currently seen.

Also a huge fan of the grandstands within, love the split level tiers as they move further back to make it look even bigger - well done Marseille!
gavstar00 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 19th, 2011, 07:07 PM   #497
matts67

Likes (Received): 3

Quote:
That is great news. This was all agreed upon so quickly. So different to Italy (Cagliari new stadium talks for example, years of talk, still no progress).
Well, in fact adding a roof to the velodrome had been promised by the city mayor for years...and for the 1998 WC the plan was initially to make the Velodrome a 80 000 seats stadium. But the city chosed the cheapest project possible, which was the 60 000 seats stadium we all know. To be honest I quite like its architecture, in the sense there is only one tier in the stands behind the goals, which makes a great atmosphere. I'm quite happy they keep this. But I still think it's a (small!) mistake not to have gone to 75 000+ seats...

Quote:
I can't exactly understand what you are saying here? Are you saying the only doubts are around Lyon's stadium and this one is 100% sure to be constructed? If so, ok then
What he's saying is that Lyon's new stadium is indeed facing some difficulties, as opposition for nimbies is quite strong and this project should already be constructed now (I think it's been at least 3 or 4 years that everything's ready, except having the authorizations to build!). Moreover Lyon's president JM Aulas is starting to become bored of this file advancing so slow...
but I think it's going to be build on time. I have more doubts on Lens project (who will certainly be relegated to League 2 next year), Nancy and Toulouse.
But this upgraded version of the Velodrome is definitely going to be built now. so good news! Can't wait to ear Marseille's Ultras songs resonate in such a stadium!
matts67 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 20th, 2011, 06:15 AM   #498
Brigate Rossonere
Milanista

Quote:
Originally Posted by matts67 View Post
Well, in fact adding a roof to the velodrome had been promised by the city mayor for years...and for the 1998 WC the plan was initially to make the Velodrome a 80 000 seats stadium. But the city chosed the cheapest project possible, which was the 60 000 seats stadium we all know. To be honest I quite like its architecture, in the sense there is only one tier in the stands behind the goals, which makes a great atmosphere. I'm quite happy they keep this. But I still think it's a (small!) mistake not to have gone to 75 000+ seats...
So, just like with many cases, the idea was always there but never the funding? I hope Italy get a WC or Euro soon to really bring heir stadia up to date

75,000+? Being the Milan fan I am, I know very well how sore on the eyes it is to see your team play in a half empty stadium for most of the season. Even Inter, who's average attendance is at 65,000 after five straight years of success both domestically and in Europe is not good to see because the stadium is rarely full.

I am sure that Marseille would fare no better. Having a capacity of 60,000-65,000 is just right. Big enough for the big games but not too big to make the crowds look pathetic in small games.

Quote:
Originally Posted by matts67 View Post
What he's saying is that Lyon's new stadium is indeed facing some difficulties, as opposition for nimbies is quite strong and this project should already be constructed now (I think it's been at least 3 or 4 years that everything's ready, except having the authorizations to build!). Moreover Lyon's president JM Aulas is starting to become bored of this file advancing so slow...
but I think it's going to be build on time. I have more doubts on Lens project (who will certainly be relegated to League 2 next year), Nancy and Toulouse.
But this upgraded version of the Velodrome is definitely going to be built now. so good news! Can't wait to ear Marseille's Ultras songs resonate in such a stadium!
Thanks for clearing that up.
Old April 21st, 2011, 12:10 AM   #499
matts67

Likes (Received): 3

Quote:
So, just like with many cases, the idea was always there but never the funding? I hope Italy get a WC or Euro soon to really bring heir stadia up to date

75,000+? Being the Milan fan I am, I know very well how sore on the eyes it is to see your team play in a half empty stadium for most of the season. Even Inter, who's average attendance is at 65,000 after five straight years of success both domestically and in Europe is not good to see because the stadium is rarely full.

I am sure that Marseille would fare no better. Having a capacity of 60,000-65,000 is just right. Big enough for the big games but not too big to make the crowds look pathetic in small games.
Maybe you're right. It's almost matter of debate wether a club could fill in a bigger stadium, and I still can't find a satisfying answer to the question "is it better to have a 80 000 stadium for having a more impressive atmosphere for the big games (the ones that matter!) or having a 60 000, but always full.
I used to think the 80 000 option was the best, but I start changing my mind slowly...
And I totally agree with you. Italy deserves a WC or a Euro tournament to finally upgrade its stadium and make some of the nice projects that we keep to see appearing come true!! (and get rid of those bloody athletics tracks everywhere!!!)
matts67 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 21st, 2011, 03:13 AM   #500
Jim856796
The Q&A Guy

Likes (Received): 160

The west and east stands will be rebuilt, but the north and south stands will be retained. After the Euro 2016, the north and south stands should be demolished and new stands will be constructed to match with the east/west stands.

You support the good projects... and oppose the bad.
Jim856796 no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
stadiums and arenas