daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > City/Metro Compilations

City/Metro Compilations Help report active highrise/urban developments occurring in your city to the global SSC community.

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old May 7th, 2013, 10:09 AM   #2321
big-dog

Likes (Received): 6839

MTR City Plaza 近铁城市广场

Construction area: 200k sqm
Opening: June 1 2014
Built directly above metro Line 13. B1 is the Line 13 Zhenru Rd Station.

Official site

Huti, junerain, Highcliff liked this post
big-dog no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old May 7th, 2013, 08:48 PM   #2322
hkskyline
Hong Kong

Likes (Received): 17790

Lingang New City set to attract global talent
Shanghai Daily
May 3, 2013

HIGH-END international communities will be built in the Pudong New Area's Lingang New City, which is expected to attract top-level manufacturing and modern service industries by 2020, the city government announced yesterday in a mid- and long-term development plan.

Around 800,000 permanent residents will live in the area, which will include preferential policies in applying for residential permits, the plan said.

"The city government will take the successful experiences of Gubei and Biyun international communities to build the new neighborhoods in Lingang, while introducing high-end commercial, educational, cultural and medical resources," the municipal government said, mentioning two other Shanghai communities.

The government plans to attract the leading experts in various industries, senior officials from enterprises as well as highly skilled talent to become permanent residents of the area.

The number of foreign citizens living in Shanghai exceeded 173,000 by the end of 2012, a 6.7 percent increase compared with 2011. They make up a quarter of such citizens on China's mainland. Most of them live in nearly 80 neighborhoods across the city, the Shanghai Exit & Entry Administration Bureau said.

To better serve the future residents in the area, the government plans to introduce in international schools for children of foreign workers while building elementary schools and kindergartens affiliated with the Shanghai Maritime University and Ocean University.

A new branch of the Shanghai No. 6 People's Hospital and many medical centers will be built in the area. A health examination center for foreigners also is planned.

A sports park will be built along the sea where people can swim, dive and use motorboats and sailboats.

"The Lingang New City will become an ecologically friendly region with a wide range of trees, with better air quality than other parts of the city and with all the household garbage treated in ways harmless to the environment," the plan said.

The area will have an "intellectualized information management system." High-speed wireless will cover the area, including a "smart community" system to help residents with information on traffic, education and health care.

Lingang will mainly develop modern manufacturing and strategic industries like nuclear, wind and solar energies as well as civil aviation, shipping, oceanic, subway and automobile industries.

Its modern services will include financial facilities, e-commerce, cultural innovation, places for conferences and meetings, and tourism, according to the plan.

The 315.6-square-kilometer Lingang New City is 75 kilometers from downtown Shanghai along the southeast coast at the mouth of Hangzhou Bay. It is connected to Yangshan Deep Water Port by Donghai Bridge.

The Pudong International Airport is to the north. Pudong's rail network links Lingang to the national railway system, while the S2, G15 and G1501 highways form part of the Yangtze River Delta highway network.

Shanghai's Metro Line 16 is set to go into service this year, bringing Lingang into the city's subway network.

World Photo Gallery - | St. Petersburg, Russia | Pyongyang | Tokyo | Istanbul | Dubai | Shanghai | Mumbai | Bangkok | Sydney

New York, London, Prague, Iceland, Rocky Mountains, Angkor Wat, Sri Lanka, Poland, Myanmar, and much more!

Highcliff liked this post
hkskyline no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 12th, 2013, 10:38 AM   #2323
_Night City Dream_

Likes (Received): 94081

Quote:
Originally Posted by big-dog View Post
The highest building in this picture is Xujiahui Center (380m). The construction date has been delayed due to land acquisition issue. Per latest update the construction is going to start in 2014.
Thanks. Anf how tall are the existing twin towers of Xujiahui?

My Baku / Мой Баку / 我的巴库

_Night City Dream_ no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 12th, 2013, 10:55 AM   #2324
little universe
A Living Sculpture

They are Grand Gateway Twin Towers / 港汇双子塔 at 262 m.

I love Beijing TiananMen, Rising Sun upon it.
I love Beijing ChaoyangMen, Rising Skyscrapers beyond it!

_Night City Dream_, Highcliff liked this post
little universe no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 12th, 2013, 11:00 AM   #2325
little universe
A Living Sculpture

Zhou Chunya Art Studio

By Local Architects TM Studio

from archidaily.com

Quote:

Architects: TM Studio
Project Architects: Tong Ming, Huang Xiaoying
Client: Zhou Chunya
Area: 3000.0 sqm
Photographs: Courtesy of TM Studio

The Background for the construction of Zhou Chunya Art Studio is the actively promoted process of New Rural Movement in the suburban of Jiading District, Shanghai. By introducing celebrated artists to setup bases in the villages, the remote and segregated country areas were expected to share the dynamics of development from the city, and a marriage between the emerging culture industry and scenic country landscape could be achieved.

Three sides of the site are surrounded by rivers witch were attached with typical south-eastern country landscape. A concrete structure and appearance was chosen for this building in order to cope with this natural and wild environment, and hopefully in this way, the quality and atmosphere of the artistic space would be illustrated.

The design was started with the working and living requirements from the artist himself, and also with a careful consideration on the features of the site. Generally, the studio was distinguished into two parts. The eastern part is two-stories high, mainly a private space for the artist to paint, study and sleep. Therefore, this linear volume is more solid and exclusive to the outside in order to keep the privacy.

On the western part the side, there was an existing rebuilt traditional wooden frame building at the very beginning. It was preserved and used as a main axis to organize the layout of the new developed area. The courtyard system, presenting a classical meaning in space, provided stages for the frequent public activities of the artist.

The height difference between two parts was used to make the roof of western part a beautiful terrace with an open view into the surrounding country landscape. The terrace was connected with the other working and living spaces by various paths, and it would expanded the public space of the ground floor, provided an multiple usage in form of different combination with the rest part of the building. To accommodate the rainy season, the drainage system of the roof has been designed in an open way integrating the structure of the skylights. In order to adapt with the raining season, the drainage system of the roof was designed in an open way and to be integrated with the structure of the skylight window in details.

Huti, big-dog, Highcliff liked this post

Last edited by little universe; May 12th, 2013 at 11:10 AM.
Old May 12th, 2013, 11:10 AM   #2326
little universe
A Living Sculpture

Mapletree Minhang Development Proposal, Minhang District / 闵行区

By British Architects Aedas

from archdaily.com

Quote:

With the ground breaking ceremony recently held to kick start construction, the Aedas designed Mapletree Minhang Development Project involves two sites – Mapletree Business City and VivoCity. With a site area of approximately 119,000 square meters and a gross floor area of about 297,000 square meters, Vivocity is designed as a double looped mall with high efficiency. More images and architects’ description after the break.

The facade design is inspired by the traditional Chinese bamboo basket used by the fishermen to keep the catch of the day, which symbolizes wealth and prosperity.

This project is Mapletree Investments Pte Ltd’s largest single investment in China to date. The whole development will be constructed in three phases – Mapletree Business City in Phase 1 and 3, and VivoCity in Phase 2. The development will be the first large-scale commercial and retail mixed-use development in the district upon completion. Works for Phase 1 is expected to be completed in 2015.

Old May 13th, 2013, 10:09 AM   #2327
hkskyline
Hong Kong

Residents prepare for new lives as community faces demolition
Shanghai Daily
2013-5-13

RELOCATION for the residents of Dongsiwenli, one of the largest and oldest downtown Shikumen communities in the city, has arrived even though some still haven't agreed to compensation terms.

The nearly 100-year-old community will be demolished to make way for a new office tower.

"Now you Shanghai people will get rich after all this," said a couple from out-of-town to a local man living next door.

The Shanghai man just smiled.

The man's three-member family live in a 21-square-meter apartment in Dongsiwenli, Jing'an District. After they are relocated they will own two larger apartments, which they received as compensation, in the Pudong New Area's Sanlin area.

90 billion yuan

Dongsiwenli was first built in 1914 and the demolishment of the community is part of a broad blueprint to increase the pace of urban renovation and so-called slum removal.

Shanghai plans this year to replace 700,000 square meters of dilapidated housing and relocate 30,000 households to new apartments to improve the living conditions of low-income locals.

The government is expected to pay a total of 90 billion yuan (US$14.6 billion) in relocation compensation this year.

Some Dongsiwenli residents, knowing their lives will change, harbor fears that the compensation they received wasn't enough while a minority still haven't agreed on a settlement.

The west part of the community, Xisiwenli, was demolished more than 10 years ago. Office buildings are now being built on the land. Now the bulldozers and wrecking balls are coming to the rest of the community, home to more than 3,000 households, several factories, dozens of stalls, and a senior's home.

Some residents are happy to move out from cramped quarters and into modern apartments with plumbing and other amenities. Others worried about a variety of things.

Cao Koudi, who is nearly 70 years old, moved to the area after getting married decades ago.

"We may have trucks of books to move," half-joked Cao. "Although there's no toilet facility, our home is quite comfortable with only two of us."

Still, Cao was worried that the hospitals will be far away once they move from the downtown community.

Resident Wu Juijin, 88, said she wasn't too worried about the move while taking her dog for a walk and stopping for a chat with neighbors.

"I do not know whether I would come back to this place," said Wu, who lives with her son after her husband died long ago. "I might not be suitable for the business environment afterwards."

Wu moved to Dongsiwenli when she was 12 years old. At that time there was a flour mill and a stone mill in the community, she said, adding that the Japanese troops were on the other side of the river.

Wu said they are mostly finished moving to the new apartment.

Nothing to talk about

Some residents, however, decided to hold onto their homes as long as possible.

"There's nothing to talk to them about," said a man washing clothes in a sink outside his home as several men from the so-called demolition-and-relocation team walked by. The man said he did not sign the compensation agreement as the team only agreed to give him money for half of his home space. To prove his case, he took out the deed with his dead mother's name on it.

A little more than 10 percent of Dongsiwenli residents have not yet signed compensation agreements.

"I'd rather die with my home," said another resident, an elderly man surnamed Shen.

Another resident surnamed Yuan said: "For them it's a situation you can't win, like throwing an egg against a rock."

Yuan, 50, is the owner of a grocery store and seemed eager to move out.

Yuan said her family received two apartments as compensation.

"One for my husband and me, and one for our son to get married," she said.

At the senior's home, "Most of the elderly here have gone," said an employee surnamed Wu. "They were picked up by their families or they died."

World Photo Gallery - | St. Petersburg, Russia | Pyongyang | Tokyo | Istanbul | Dubai | Shanghai | Mumbai | Bangkok | Sydney

New York, London, Prague, Iceland, Rocky Mountains, Angkor Wat, Sri Lanka, Poland, Myanmar, and much more!

Old May 13th, 2013, 03:16 PM   #2328
big-dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by little universe View Post

They are Grand Gateway Twin Towers / 港汇双子塔 at 262 m.
I was there whole day today. That's also where I spent weekend and had drinks.

little universe, Highcliff liked this post
big-dog no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 14th, 2013, 12:50 PM   #2329
_Night City Dream_

It's a pity that China still doesn't understand that even buildings that date back to 1914 is already part of history, too. They'd better refurbish these small sometimes nicely decorated low buildings to make them a good place to live in. Instead, they tear them down to build a skyscraper. I love skyscrapers but Shanghai still can boast loads of non built-up areas. And skyscrapers only is not a go...

Chevin liked this post
Old May 28th, 2013, 09:02 AM   #2330
Xtartrex
Your nemesis

The problem with the slums is the infraestructure poorly designed, smell and whatever else there is, don't you think is better to remove them and start anew? As for historical buildings, I can't picture a slum being rich in history if there is no important cultural heritage on it, long term costs will only make it a pain on the neck, and eventually will be abandoned, by then the price tag for that piece of land will be not be worth buying.

That's my view anyway.
Xtartrex no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 29th, 2013, 10:39 AM   #2331
hkskyline
Hong Kong

Jiaxing-Shaoxing Sea-crossing Bridge to open by end of June

The construction of the main towers of the Jiaxing-Shaoxing Sea-crossing Bridge is finished in Shaoxing, east China's Zhejiang Province, May 24, 2013. The bridge is expected to be open to traffic by the end of June this year. It will halve the driving time from Shaoxing to Shanghai in east China after it is finished. (Xinhua/Xu Yu)

Workers pave asphalt on the surface of the Jiaxing-Shaoxing Sea-crossing Bridge in Shaoxing, east China's Zhejiang Province, May 24, 2013. The bridge is expected to be open to traffic by the end of June this year. It will halve the driving time from Shaoxing to Shanghai in east China after it is finished. (Xinhua/Xu Yu)

The construction of the main towers of the Jiaxing-Shaoxing Sea-crossing Bridge is finished in Shaoxing, east China's Zhejiang Province, May 24, 2013. The bridge is expected to be open to traffic by the end of June this year. It will halve the driving time from Shaoxing to Shanghai in east China after it is finished. (Xinhua/Xu Yu)

the spliff fairy, Highcliff liked this post
Old May 29th, 2013, 11:45 AM   #2332
_Night City Dream_

How long is it expected to be?

Old May 29th, 2013, 11:47 AM   #2333
_Night City Dream_

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xtartrex View Post
The problem with the slums is the infraestructure poorly designed, smell and whatever else there is, don't you think is better to remove them and start anew? As for historical buildings, I can't picture a slum being rich in history if there is no important cultural heritage on it, long term costs will only make it a pain on the neck, and eventually will be abandoned, by then the price tag for that piece of land will be not be worth buying.

That's my view anyway.
I can understand it but they are actually the same as the buildings in Western Europe, lets say, with an only exception that they are dirty, they smell and not in order. Still, they can be refurbished. In Europe, they tend to save old buildings which are only 100 years old.

Again, in Europe, there are lots of not very new buildings which don't have anything about history. But they are preserved.

Old May 29th, 2013, 12:27 PM   #2334
little universe
A Living Sculpture

Quote:
Originally Posted by hkskyline View Post
Jiaxing-Shaoxing Sea-crossing Bridge to open by end of June

It's in Zhejiang Province not Shanghai, thus should be posted to the lesser known Chinese cities' projects & construction thread instead.

Old May 29th, 2013, 04:07 PM   #2335
phoenixboi08

Likes (Received): 791

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xtartrex View Post

That's my view anyway.
I believe he's probably talking about stuff like this: https://www.google.com/search?q=shan...LIPW9QTolIHADg

they are significant, architecturally (unique to Shanghai), and so far, it really seems Luwan (Xintiandi, Tianzifang, etc) had made an afford to meld them into the urban fabric. Though, mostly, but not always, it ends up being gentrified. There are areas where you can still find beautiful neighborhoods in this style (Hongkou and around Jing'an I'd say).

Most times, they just tear them down and plop a high rise. which is interesting, because these homes would be worth far more: they can be quite large and are differentiated.
Old June 1st, 2013, 04:24 PM   #2336
little universe
A Living Sculpture

What's this rising tower on Huaihai Road??? Anybody here knows???

Do we have thread for this guy in SSC?

image hosted on flickr

DSC_4764.jpg by ah_fotobox, on Flickr

image hosted on flickr

DSC_4762.jpg by ah_fotobox, on Flickr

Last edited by little universe; June 2nd, 2013 at 02:53 PM.
Old June 1st, 2013, 09:09 PM   #2337
cfredo

Likes (Received): 1334

It's phase 2 (second tower) of Shanghai ICC.
http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=1419006

little universe, Highcliff liked this post
cfredo no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 4th, 2013, 12:46 PM   #2338
hkskyline
Hong Kong

Shanghai steps up treatment of sludge
2013-6-3
Shanghai Daily

ABOUT 650,000 tons of sludge was treated in Shanghai last year as new treatment facilities opened, said Shanghai Chengtou yesterday in its social responsibility report.

The sewage processor said a facility handling the sludge drying process opened in the Pudong New Area last year.

Meanwhile, 14 sewage treatment plants had cut chemical oxygen demand (COD) emissions by more than 410,000 tons last year in the city. The figure represented about 75 percent of the city's total decrease in COD, Chengtou said.

Meanwhile, more than 13 million people in downtown Shanghai have benefited from the Qingcaosha Reservoir, which is providing cleaner tap water to many areas of the city, according to the report.

Old June 11th, 2013, 11:49 AM   #2339
hkskyline
Hong Kong

SOEs flocking to former Expo site
2013-6-9
Shanghai Daily

STATE-OWNED energy company China Huaneng Group Corp yesterday broke ground for new offices on the former World Expo site in the Pudong New Area.

A total of 13 state-owned enterprises, including Baosteel and State Grid have signed contracts to build headquarters in the zone, that during the Expo was the site of the Australia and Thailand pavilions.

About 28 buildings will be built there using environmentally friendly materials.

The Beijing-based Sinochem Group and China Changjiang National Shipping Group are building two buildings - 70 and 50 meters high respectively - in the zone, and will move their operation centers there by 2015.

"The 18.72-hectare Zone B aims to become the world's top-notch corporate headquarters zone," said Ding Hao, president of the Expo Development Group and chief planner for post-Expo development of the site.

Meanwhile, China's jumbo jet producer yesterday completed work on the underground floors of its new headquarters at the site.

The Commercial Aircraft Corp of China was the first enterprise to start work on building its new headquarters at the zone.

They are due to be complete next year.

Old June 24th, 2013, 08:23 AM   #2340
big-dog

Yuexing Mall will open on July 5th. The subway exit (line 13) has opened on June 22nd.

Quote:

Aug 6th 2011
quoted from here

Tags
shanghai