daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > City/Metro Compilations

City/Metro Compilations Help report active highrise/urban developments occurring in your city to the global SSC community.

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old November 19th, 2015, 11:37 AM   #2581
the spliff fairy
ONE WORLD

Likes (Received): 6216

^'old residential buildings' to be torn down - does that mean the historic old townhouses/ longtang streets, or the modern crass that came after? This does after all include the site of the Old City.

Zaz965 liked this post
the spliff fairy no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old November 19th, 2015, 12:20 PM   #2582
Herzarsen
Herzarsen

Likes (Received): 64

What are these projects?

Huge construction going under way by Century Park and Science and Technology Museum, which is at the end of Century Avenue. From what I found close to 10 buildings going up almost at the same time.

I was able to find only one project on Gaoloumi.com. Please help if you have any other info how this area will look. I was not able to find more details in any threads here, I dont know how tall all the buildings will be except the one in the thread below. Plus there is one short 30 story tall tower that just topped out and cladding is being put on.

I dont seem to be able to upload few night images I took last night. Any tips on China non blocked platform? Imageshack does not seem to work.

So again the only one thread from Gaoloumi. The core is several stories already above ground.

http://www.gaoloumi.com/viewthread.p...age%3D1&page=1

Here is an old image from Gaolumi from early September. This only shows part of the area since big part is hidden behind the buildings on the right.

Here is a nice overview from June. Now they are all going up.

SH16, SLASH_2, geometarkv, Android2001 liked this post
Herzarsen no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 19th, 2015, 12:38 PM   #2583
Victhor
Que paza!!!

Likes (Received): 1696

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herzarsen View Post
Huge construction going under way by Century Park and Science and Technology Museum, which is at the end of Century Avenue. From what I found close to 10 buildings going up almost at the same time.

I was able to find only one project on Gaoloumi.com. Please help if you have any other info how this area will look. I was not able to find more details in any threads here, I dont know how tall all the buildings will be except the one in the thread below. Plus there is one short 30 story tall tower that just topped out and cladding is being put on.

I dont seem to be able to upload few night images I took last night. Any tips on China non blocked platform? Imageshack does not seem to work.

So again the only one thread from Gaoloumi. The core is several stories already above ground.

http://www.gaoloumi.com/viewthread.p...age%3D1&page=1

Here is an old image from Gaolumi from early September. This only shows part of the area since big part is hidden behind the buildings on the right.

Here is a nice overview from June. Now they are all going up.

Hi!

In the second picture you can see 2 rounded holes and 1 square hole, all with a red looking structure inside it, I think thats the structure of the three towers of the International Financial Center, the project from that gaoloumi thread, and also here:
http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=1860194
The buildings wich structure seems to be at a more advanced progess is "Yuen Business District 2-16-2 Lot" and you can find it here:
http://www.gaoloumi.com/viewthread.p...extra=page%3D2

About the pictures, you can try imgur.com, but I don't know if that web works in China, and I guess you are aware that you need a "VPN" to visit some webpages blocked in China, right? such as facebook, instagram and youtube I think.

Are you living there or just on a fast visit?

PD: that building you say is topped and working on cladding might be this project, but the cladding seems already complete:
http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showth...light=shanghai
http://www.gaoloumi.com/viewthread.p...ge%3D1&page=74

Other projects on the area that may be under construction, I only know about JW Marriot Marquis Hotel
http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showth...light=shanghai
Which I think it's located here, but I'm not sure:

SH16, Seoul_Korea, Munwon liked this post

Last edited by Victhor; November 19th, 2015 at 12:53 PM.
Victhor no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 19th, 2015, 01:36 PM   #2584
hkskyline
Hong Kong

Likes (Received): 17790

Quote:
Originally Posted by the spliff fairy View Post
^'old residential buildings' to be torn down - does that mean the historic old townhouses/ longtang streets, or the modern crass that came after? This does after all include the site of the Old City.
There have been a lot of redevelopments already before this announcement. There isn't much of the really old city left, but then, the original buildings were badly-maintained, dirty, and in general, not desirable to be around.

World Photo Gallery - | St. Petersburg, Russia | Pyongyang | Tokyo | Istanbul | Dubai | Shanghai | Mumbai | Bangkok | Sydney

New York, London, Prague, Iceland, Rocky Mountains, Angkor Wat, Sri Lanka, Poland, Myanmar, and much more!

el palmesano, geometarkv liked this post
hkskyline no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 19th, 2015, 02:09 PM   #2585
Victhor
Que paza!!!

I preffer they keep some old neighborhoods even if they are not in good conditions, just to keep a part of the city appart from that correct cold artificial modern kind of urbanization. But if they demolish them, then I hope they build tall high-rises over 100 metres, like those residential buildings in Pudong you can see in the background in the first 2 pictures, and not those wide 30 story repetitive buildings that are everywhere in Shanghai wich are sooo boring.
Old November 19th, 2015, 02:24 PM   #2586
hkskyline
Hong Kong

Quote:
Originally Posted by Victhor View Post
I preffer they keep some old neighborhoods even if they are not in good conditions, just to keep a part of the city appart from that correct cold artificial modern kind of urbanization. But if they demolish them, then I hope they build tall high-rises over 100 metres, like those residential buildings in Pudong you can see in the background in the first 2 pictures, and not those wide 30 story repetitive buildings that are everywhere in Shanghai wich are sooo boring.
Unfortunately, they did preserve a traditional neighbourhood that has since become famous and commercialized (the wrong kind of preservation). Tianzifang is now a must-go destination.

There are still some authentic neighbourhoods that are not on the chopping block. I have galleries of a few of them on my website.

World Photo Gallery - | St. Petersburg, Russia | Pyongyang | Tokyo | Istanbul | Dubai | Shanghai | Mumbai | Bangkok | Sydney

New York, London, Prague, Iceland, Rocky Mountains, Angkor Wat, Sri Lanka, Poland, Myanmar, and much more!

Victhor liked this post
Old November 19th, 2015, 08:32 PM   #2587
Victhor
Que paza!!!

Fortune 500 company to settle in the plot beside Star Harbor project, near Sinar Mas / Magnolia supertall tower. They are going to spend 5 billion yuan (730 million €, 780 million $) on the project, the plot has a construction rate of 5.5, that's a lot (6.0 in Star Harbor), so something tall could be built, I don't know what is the height restriction, I think the Star Harbor project on the neighbour plot has a 240 metres heigh limit +10% of unused height, so it reaches 263 metres tall thanks to a parapet, and in a previous masterplan, there was a 180m planned there.
This is all I can decipher from the google translator version of this article: http://www.weixinyidu.com/n_2413078

No. 89 block area 23037.2㎡, volume ratio 5.5.
Ground floor area 126704.6㎡. include:
◆ Commercial 19006㎡
◆ office space 95028㎡
◆ cultural facilities 6335.2㎡
90000㎡ underground operating area, including :
◆ 40,000 square meters underground commercial area
◆ garage area of 50,000 square meters.

The plot has undergone demolitions for 3 years and now it's cleared:

TowerVerre:) liked this post

Last edited by Victhor; November 19th, 2015 at 08:57 PM.
Old November 19th, 2015, 08:53 PM   #2588
Victhor
Que paza!!!

“一方大厦” or "Party building" or "Dalian Party building" (name according to google translator)
around 18-20 floors, this is under construction at the north of Sinar Mas.
Total construction area of ​​about 100,000 sq m.
http://www.shhkgh.gov.cn/content/New...341830358.html
http://swin.cscec.com/art/2014/11/27...62_187997.html

el palmesano, Munwon, erbse, Zaz965 liked this post

Last edited by Victhor; November 19th, 2015 at 10:45 PM.
Old November 19th, 2015, 09:06 PM   #2589
Victhor
Que paza!!!

And, by the way, I have seen a lot of project news in blogs made by "Shanghailord", but "he" stopped to update here in october:
http://www.weixinjinghua.com/user/shanghailord/
The same as here:
http://www.weibo.com/u/2140313162#_rnd1447859280061

Then I have found this:
http://www.vxinquan.cn/shanghailord/1/

And now, I have found this, that seems to be new, but there's only one post, the most recent of all:
http://www.weixinyidu.com/a_87979
Old November 20th, 2015, 12:55 AM   #2590
el palmesano
Roquetero

Likes (Received): 19503

great projects!

keep posting

TowerVerre:) liked this post
el palmesano no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 21st, 2015, 06:01 AM   #2591
hkskyline
Hong Kong

Work on new Metro will start in 2016
Shanghai Daily Excerpt
November 21, 2015

A SENIOR official from the Chongming County said yesterday that construction work on Metro Line 19 will begin next year after the central government approves the project by the end of the year.

Line 19 will connect Chongming Island to the Pudong New Area across the Yangtze River.

Some early work for the new elevated subway has already been done which will help in lowering costs, said Ma Yuesheng, the county’s party chief.

“Chongming residents will be able to take the elevated subway to Pudong by 2020,” Ma said.

The new Metro line will mainly benefit taxi drivers, a third of whom live on the island.

As per the previous plan released by the city’s top planning body, the new line will start from the Rongqiao Road station near Pudong’s Jinqiao area and will have stops on the Changxing and Hengsha islands, the other two islands in the county.

The line will stretch further north and link to Qidong City in neighboring Jiangsu Province, according to the Shanghai Planning, Land and Resources Administration.

Travel time, costs cut

Sun Zhang, a professor at the Institute of Rail Transit at Tongji University, said bullet trains might be used on the line to cut the travel time from 90 to 45 minutes. Vehicles need more than two hours to make the trip now by road.

Currently, the island is connected to downtown by the Shanghai Yangtze River Bridge and a tunnel that costs 100 yuan for a private vehicle to go forth and back. Corporate vehicles have to pay 190 yuan (US$29.8)for a return trip.

phoenixboi08, erbse, geometarkv liked this post
Old November 23rd, 2015, 11:18 AM   #2592
Victhor
Que paza!!!

CapitaLand Hanzhonglu

Height: 160 metres
Floor count: 31
Under Construction

In Gaoloumi: http://www.gaoloumi.com/viewthread.p...a=#pid14727143

As this is already rising, I don't think it's necessary to open a thread, buildings of this height are finished very fast in Shanghai .

Larger: http://i.imgur.com/QKu0h1c.jpg?1

2015/07/19

2015/10/11

Last edited by Victhor; November 23rd, 2015 at 05:00 PM.
Old November 27th, 2015, 09:30 PM   #2593
Victhor
Que paza!!!

In this photo of the Dazhongli towers you can see a new high-rise under construction at the left, I don't have any information about it, I asked in english in Gaoloumi and the only answer was "hotel", we'll see how tall it gets, 20 floors by now!.

Munwon, SH16, totaleclipse1985 liked this post

Last edited by Victhor; November 27th, 2015 at 09:36 PM.
Old November 28th, 2015, 02:56 AM   #2594
Munwon

Likes (Received): 3183

Shanghai is waking up!
Munwon no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 28th, 2015, 07:36 AM   #2595
hkskyline
Hong Kong

Masonry office building of former British American Tobacco reopens as art museum
Shanghai Daily
November 26, 2015

THE former office building of the British American Tobacco that once monopolized local market has reopened to the public as a modern art museum after a year-long renovation, the chief designer said today.

The Yee Tsoong Tobacco Co. Building built in 1920 by the company will exhibit paintings, sculptures and innovative furniture. The former garage has been renovated into a lounge bar.

The four-story masonry structure in Neoclassical style was the Shanghai headquarters of the tobacco company that firstly introduced foreign cigarettes to Shanghai and monopolized the market for decades.

The building was then transformed into the factory building for the Shanghai camera plant after 1949 where China’s first domestically made camera was manufactured.

The renovation of the building marks the beginning of a series of historic buildings in the Bund area to be renovated and reopen to the public. They will include the Union Church built by British colonists in 1886.

Old December 1st, 2015, 07:51 AM   #2596
hkskyline
Hong Kong

Quote:
Originally Posted by hkskyline View Post
Part of the city's major tunnel ready for service after renovation
Shanghai Daily
August 14, 2015

Work has been completed ahead of schedule on one of the tubes in the Yan’an Road E.Tunnel and traffic that had been traveling under the Huangpu River from Puxi to Pudong in the other tunnel will now be transferred to the renovated one starting Friday morning. Workers will move on to renovate the other tunnel. The tunnel renovation program should be completed at the end of the year. It usually carries 80,000 vehicles a day.
Yan’an Road E. Tunnel to open by year’s end
Shanghai Daily Excerpt
December 1, 2015

RENOVATION on Yan’an Road E. Tunnel, one of the city’s busiest passages under the Huangpu River, will be complete by the end of this year, Shanghai Road Administration Bureau said yesterday.

Work on the northern section — Pudong to Puxi — started in February this year and finished in mid August, while the three-month work on the southern section of the tunnel — Puxi to Pudong — is set to be completed by mid-December, slightly ahead of schedule.

Vehicles from Pudong to Puxi will still be banned from using the tunnel by then as it would be closed to have its traffic signs changed. The tunnel will reopen to traffic by January.

Before renovation started in February, an estimated 90,000 vehicles per day traveled through it to get back and forth between Pudong and Puxi.

Zaz965 liked this post
Old December 2nd, 2015, 01:44 PM   #2597
hkskyline
Hong Kong

Xujiahui Cathedral under major revamp to restore historic look
December 2, 2015
Shanghai Daily

Xujiahui Catholic Cathedral 01 by Kramchang, on Flickr

The iconic Xujiahui Cathedral is seen in this file photo. The century-old cathedral, once the biggest in the Far East, is undergoing a renovation to get rid of leaking roofs and bug-bitten floors.

The century-old Xujiahui Cathedral, one of the city’s most iconic buildings, is undergoing a major renovation to restore its historic look, the Xuhui District government said yesterday.

The work started last Monday and will last through August 17 next year during which time the cathedral will be closed, an official with the district government told Shanghai Daily.

It has been closed since August 24 for safety reasons.

Formerly known as the Saint Ignatius Cathedral, the church was once the largest cathedral in the Far East. It was designed by a British architect and built by French businessmen. Construction began in 1906 and was completed in October 1910.

The renovation work will fix a leaky roof and repair damage from wind abrasion. The tiles and wooden floors bitten by termites will also be replaced in the Gothic structure.

“The cathedral has suffered severe leakages while parts of construction material have been falling down, frequently in recent times, disrupting prayers and scaring off visitors,” the cathedral said in a brief statement.

The objective of the project is to restore its historic look from the 1950s, while some new materials will be used to protect the building from rain and wind.

The dome and interior wall will be repainted while the wooden handrails and floors will be stabilized and partly replaced. Some anti-termite paint will be used to protect the building.

Meanwhile, the original brick floors that were replaced by cement during the last renovation in 1991 will be restored. The size and color of the bricks will be the same as in the original floors.

For its exterior decoration, the cross on the bell tower will be repainted and stabilized. The roof will also be changed to the original rock material.

Replacing the tiles will be the biggest part of the renovation project since all the tiles will come from Europe to revive the medieval Gothic look,.

Zaz965 liked this post
Old December 4th, 2015, 12:44 PM   #2598
hkskyline
Hong Kong

Metro Line 12 to open soon
Shanghai Daily Excerpt
December 3, 2015

THE western extension to Metro Line 12 will go into service by the end of the month.

The extension features 16 stations, and the whole line now connects with every other on the network, except 5 and 16.

The system operator said the service will help to ease the pressure on lines 1 and 9 during peak hours.

To make the line even more appealing to passengers, all station platforms on the new extension have been fitted with air purifiers, the company said.

Zaz965 liked this post
Old December 9th, 2015, 07:31 AM   #2599
hkskyline
Hong Kong

Park to reopen after restoring its historic look
Shanghai Daily Excerpt
December 9, 2015

A PARK that was popular among Jewish refugees during World War II in Hongkou District will reopen at the end of this month after a six-month renovation.

The historic Huoshan Park, which was built in 1917 and covers 3,000 square meters, was a major meeting point for the Jewish refugees who had fled Nazi-occupied Europe.

The renovation restored the park’s historic look and rebuilt many former British style gardens, a city government official said. A former pavilion, path and scenery walls that were all broken have been restored.

One of the highlights after the renovation is the “path of peace,” which has stone plaques placed along the path introducing the history of Jewish residents in the area during the war. A public square in the park has also been expanded to 120 square meters from the former 80 square meters for people to commemorate.

The Huoshan Park was originally called Studley Park when it opened in August 1917.

Zaz965 liked this post
Old December 10th, 2015, 02:06 AM   #2600
Jim856796

Likes (Received): 843

About the redevelopment of Shanghai's Old City:

New buildings are being erected in Shanghai's Old City area: An example of poor planning? The people who thought of redeveloping the Old City must think that the buildings within it have no (or little) architectural significance, and the Shanghai city planners who are allowing this are probably treating the Old City like a slum, and that is the reason why the buildings within Shanghai's Old City are being torn down for those new buildings.

You support the good projects... and oppose the bad.
Jim856796 no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
shanghai