daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > City/Metro Compilations

City/Metro Compilations Help report active highrise/urban developments occurring in your city to the global SSC community.

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old February 18th, 2016, 11:53 AM   #2621
Victhor
Que paza!!!

Likes (Received): 1696

I opened a thread for this new project: http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showth...#post130803975

Quote:
Originally Posted by Victhor View Post
The Threat title is not the actual name of the tower, but I don't know if it has a name in English. I named it this way because it is located in the new development area, located 8km south of the city center, called The South Bund, and this is the plot with the highest allowed building height.
The only source by now for the render is Gaoloumi forum: http://www.gaoloumi.com/forum.php?mo...age%3D1&page=1
The thread title says: 徐汇滨江恒基, what probabli is the project name, I don't know, according to google translator it means: Xuhui Bin Jiang Hengji. Xuhui is the name of the district.

18/12/2016

11/10/2015

An proposal of the rest of the area to let you have an idea, there are several proposals for this, and I don't know which one is the winner, but the size of the buildings is almost the same in all of them:

And in the other side, there's another project almost topped out, two 230+199m towers
http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=1516038

el palmesano, Zaz965 liked this post
Victhor está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old February 22nd, 2016, 08:11 PM   #2622
tateyb

Likes (Received): 368

Competition Winners Announced for Massive Shanghai Project

Quote:
Major mixed-use projects in China, which tend to feature skyscraping towers at their epicentres, often initiate an international design competition to ensure a remarkable end result. The winners of these design competitions are then tasked with seeing massive projects through to completion. On February 22, it was announced that Goettsch Partners out of Chicago and Hong Kong-based multidisciplinary architecture and design studio Lead 8 have won such a contest for a site in Shanghai.

Victhor, SH16, Zaz965, erbse, AbidM liked this post
tateyb no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 22nd, 2016, 10:49 PM   #2623
Victhor
Que paza!!!

Great!, it's surprising that I have not seen it yet in Gaoloumi .
It's not really tall, but at least it's a bit over the 30fl-100m. tall sea of buildings.
I guess it's around 150 metres.
Old February 23rd, 2016, 03:04 PM   #2624
hkskyline
Hong Kong

Likes (Received): 17790

City suspends demolition on downtown building that was major 'comfort women' house during Japanese invasion
Shanghai Daily Excerpt
February 23, 2016

THE Hongkou District government today suspended the demolition on a building, which was once a major local comfort houses where Japanese troops forced “comfort women” into sexual slavery during the occupation of the city in the 1930s and 40s.

Known as the “Umi no le", the two-story wooden and brick structure on Gongping Road in the district was used to serve high-ranking Japanese naval officials from 1939 through 1946.

The comfort house, which was opened and operated by a Japanese naval veteran named Sakashita Kumazo, had 17 rooms and included bathrooms, warehouses, kitchens and sitting rooms. It imprisoned 40 comfort women including 20 Chinese and 20 from Japan and Korea.

Kumazo's son who helped operating the comfort house in 1944 and 1945 had made a visit to the city in 1991 to confess his guilt. He said the building was well preserved and looked exactly the same as half a century ago.

“It is important that China protects remaining evidences of these crimes, especially as most of the victims have already deceased and many of those comfort house buildings have disappeared,” said Professor Su Zhiliang, an expert researching on the 'comfort women' history.

The house was later purchased by local railway bureau to accommodate its employees, said a 78-year-old resident surnamed Su who has lived nearby for over half a century.

The house used to accommodate 15 households and they later all agreed on relocation deals, Su told Shanghai Daily.

Almost all the houses surrounding this building have already been demolished with residents relocated.

A cobbler said workers began demolishing the former comfort house yesterday but stopped and left today.

World Photo Gallery - | St. Petersburg, Russia | Pyongyang | Tokyo | Istanbul | Dubai | Shanghai | Mumbai | Bangkok | Sydney

New York, London, Prague, Iceland, Rocky Mountains, Angkor Wat, Sri Lanka, Poland, Myanmar, and much more!

el palmesano, erbse liked this post
hkskyline no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 23rd, 2016, 05:24 PM   #2625
tateyb

Likes (Received): 368

Quote:
Great!, it's surprising that I have not seen it yet in Gaoloumi .
It's not really tall, but at least it's a bit over the 30fl-100m. tall sea of buildings.
I guess it's around 150 metres.
It came straight from the architect yesterday!

Victhor liked this post
tateyb no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 23rd, 2016, 07:30 PM   #2626
Victhor
Que paza!!!

Possibly a new proposal in North Bund 89. These three plots where supossed to have an height limit of 157, 150 and 187 metres, but this proposal seems to be around 170, 90 and 250 metres tall.
http://www.gaoloumi.com/forum.php?mo...extra=page%3D1

Edit 12/03/16
Found a better quality image. Counted 36 floors.

SH16, totaleclipse1985, Munwon, AbidM liked this post

Last edited by Victhor; March 12th, 2016 at 05:55 PM.
Old February 24th, 2016, 06:49 PM   #2627
Victhor
Que paza!!!

New project, published in Gaoloumi last July.
http://www.gaoloumi.com/forum.php?mo...age%3D1&page=1
I don't know if it's a renovation or a full demolition and new construction.
It's called Ocean Terminal, in the North Bund. It's 98.60 metres tall and 24 or 25 floors.

Existing building:

Old February 26th, 2016, 05:50 AM   #2628
nycsoho00

Likes (Received): 0

i think shanghai needs more parks and green lungs for the people to enjoy and not another skyscraper.
nycsoho00 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 27th, 2016, 07:04 AM   #2629
Shanghainese

Likes (Received): 91

Nycsoho,

And I think, you need more coaching about Shanghai. Shanghai has much more green spaces then in the past, Shanghai develops much green spaces for the future. Shanghai will get a green ring about the city. Shanghai develops waterfronts and green spaces along the water. Shanghai has so much trees in some parts of the streets. I can not remind that New York has so much trees....

Thinking before speaking.

Skyscrapers are important for good looking and to use efficient the country area. And by the way, in Shanghai, there will build also low rises, not only skyscrapers.

You are referring your information only about Skyscrapercity. Maybe, you should read other pages about the development of Shanghai .
The cause of the economic crisis is the policy of cheap money. Artificially low interest rates mean a culture of debt and inflation. This follow economic collapse. The profiteers of such a system speak a you that the causes are different. But that is not correct. Ludwig von Mises understood our monetary system. But the mainstream suppressed his findings.

www.misesde.org and www.mises.com

FabriFlorence liked this post

Last edited by Shanghainese; February 27th, 2016 at 07:10 AM.
Shanghainese no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 27th, 2016, 08:05 AM   #2630
hkskyline
Hong Kong

Quote:
Originally Posted by hkskyline View Post
City to keep population under 25m
Shanghai Daily Excerpt
January 25, 2016

THE Shanghai government has set a target to keep the city’s population under 25 million by 2020, Mayor Yang Xiong told the Shanghai People’s Congress yesterday.

“We will strictly control population growth through multiple policy measures,” he said while presenting the government work report on the opening day of the annual legislative session, which closes on Friday.

According to official figures released earlier, Shanghai had 24.3 million residents at the end of 2014, including registered locals and migrants who had been in the city for six months or more.

“The city government can take several measures, such as standardizing employment, demolishing illegal residential buildings and cracking down on group rentals to control the migrant population,” said Wang Jianping, director of the Shanghai Statistics Bureau.

The 25 million target was calculated after assessing the city’s resources and layout, he said.
24.15 million!

http://www.shanghaidaily.com/metro/p.../shdaily.shtml
Old February 27th, 2016, 08:33 AM   #2631
Joel que

Likes (Received): 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by nycsoho00 View Post
i think shanghai needs more parks and green lungs for the people to enjoy and not another skyscraper.
shanghai should adpat urban farming.
Joel que no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 28th, 2016, 04:34 AM   #2632
HardBall

Likes (Received): 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by nycsoho00 View Post
Quite the opposite.

Chinese cities in general have way too much green space. Having large tracts of unbuilt land is actually one of the worst causes of pollution from daily activities of city dwellers, basically extends everyone's commute, trip to store, to shopping malls, to leisure, a mile or two longer. It adds up to a huge amount of extra carbon footprint by the city.

We actually need to disabuse people of the idea that somehow all green spaces in the city are environmentally sound. Far from the case. Well planned spaces that take advantage of unusable tracts between buildings, or root-top greenery, are definitely helpful. Huge tracts of land without commercial or residential development in the middle of a CBD definitely do not.
HardBall no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 29th, 2016, 07:54 PM   #2633
FabriFlorence

Likes (Received): 393

Quote:
Originally Posted by hkskyline View Post
City suspends demolition on downtown building that was major 'comfort women' house during Japanese invasion
Shanghai Daily Excerpt
February 23, 2016

THE Hongkou District government today suspended the demolition on a building, which was once a major local comfort houses where Japanese troops forced “comfort women” into sexual slavery during the occupation of the city in the 1930s and 40s.

Known as the “Umi no le", the two-story wooden and brick structure on Gongping Road in the district was used to serve high-ranking Japanese naval officials from 1939 through 1946.

The comfort house, which was opened and operated by a Japanese naval veteran named Sakashita Kumazo, had 17 rooms and included bathrooms, warehouses, kitchens and sitting rooms. It imprisoned 40 comfort women including 20 Chinese and 20 from Japan and Korea.

Kumazo's son who helped operating the comfort house in 1944 and 1945 had made a visit to the city in 1991 to confess his guilt. He said the building was well preserved and looked exactly the same as half a century ago.

“It is important that China protects remaining evidences of these crimes, especially as most of the victims have already deceased and many of those comfort house buildings have disappeared,” said Professor Su Zhiliang, an expert researching on the 'comfort women' history.

The house was later purchased by local railway bureau to accommodate its employees, said a 78-year-old resident surnamed Su who has lived nearby for over half a century.

The house used to accommodate 15 households and they later all agreed on relocation deals, Su told Shanghai Daily.

Almost all the houses surrounding this building have already been demolished with residents relocated.

A cobbler said workers began demolishing the former comfort house yesterday but stopped and left today.
Very good news. I think that this historical building with a so special story should become a museum or a cultural center.
FabriFlorence no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 2nd, 2016, 06:35 PM   #2634
hkskyline
Hong Kong

Urban planner launches global design competition
March 1, 2016
Shanghai Daily Excerpt

SHANGHAI’S urban planner yesterday began soliciting designs from around the world to develop the east bank of Huangpu River into a 21-kilometer-long “coherent public promenade.”

The east side of river bank between Yangpu and Xupu bridges is now interrupted by ferry docks, commercial buildings, restaurants and construction sites. Only 45 percent of it is open to the public, according to the official microblog account of the information office of the city government.

The government plans to open up the whole river bank by the end of next year and complete the major parts of the promenade by 2018.

“A coherent riverside area can enhance the business environment, improve the living standards as well as create more tourism attractions of Pudong,” said Shen Xiaoming, the Party secretary of Pudong New Area.

The area, known as the East Bund, includes the Lujiazui area, the former site of World Expo 2010 and Qiantan — also known as the New Bund area — which is being developed into a business district.

Only a 9-kilometer section near the Expo site area is “coherent” now, the blog said.

The major interruptions along the bank include ferry docks, a driving center, a construction site and commercial facilities such as a yacht club and several seafood restaurants.

World Photo Gallery - | St. Petersburg, Russia | Pyongyang | Tokyo | Istanbul | Dubai | Shanghai | Mumbai | Bangkok | Sydney

New York, London, Prague, Iceland, Rocky Mountains, Angkor Wat, Sri Lanka, Poland, Myanmar, and much more!
Old March 3rd, 2016, 03:33 AM   #2635
Shanghainese

Likes (Received): 91

This will be a green lung for Shanghai.

http://www.shanghaidaily.com/metro/p.../shdaily.shtml
The cause of the economic crisis is the policy of cheap money. Artificially low interest rates mean a culture of debt and inflation. This follow economic collapse. The profiteers of such a system speak a you that the causes are different. But that is not correct. Ludwig von Mises understood our monetary system. But the mainstream suppressed his findings.

www.misesde.org and www.mises.com
Shanghainese no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 12th, 2016, 05:41 PM   #2636
Victhor
Que paza!!!

Fortune Plaza
Height: 180 + 177
Floors: 39 + 36
Architect: Gensler

Source: https://mp.weixin.qq.com/s?__biz=MzA...KKGLmf5fzy3#rd (images don't show in Chrome for me, but in Explorer and Edge)

It's 10 km far from Lujiazu, very far from the skyline center as usual, so for me it doesn't complete the skyline, just makes it wider. The news claims they are 180 and 177 metres tall, but it might not be completely right, judging by the renders, the height difference between the towers seems bigger.

the line is 10km long

January 2015

September 2015

SH16, Munwon, totaleclipse1985 liked this post

Last edited by Victhor; March 12th, 2016 at 05:59 PM.
Old March 15th, 2016, 03:51 PM   #2637
Victhor
Que paza!!!

Chanches for a 400m! The height is not confirmed, just an estimation. I guess this is only a very early masterplan or so, still far from a final project, but I don't really know.
The translated version of this article is not easy to understand.
http://www.aiweibang.com/yuedu/97878316.html
(images don't show in Chrome)
There have been some demolitions in the area since 2014, but still more than 90% of the plot is full with old dense buildings, I don't expect any construction to start before 2018.

Quote:
The exclusive finishing last number, all of a sudden start of the Yangpu collection work Lot 6 Riverside plots, many people lamented the big message of determination to Yangpu Riverside development. Yangpu Riverside and as the most important development project, the century-old charm daitou eight areas, namely Pingliang 1,2,3,7,8,9 neighborhood will work with Shanghai Puxi shipyard factory, by the rise of a foreign, private enterprises and SOE cooperation in the construction above and below ground gross floor area Chaoguo 160 square meters of Shanghai core area of the largest urban regeneration complex projects.

Great Wall Asset and CDB support transformation of the old Shanghai to jointly provide 146 million bank loan to support the development of the whole project. Recently, the design and the operator of the project, the world-renowned architectural firm and the management company Portman Group announced the latest shocking concept of the program. According to the plan, the future heart of Yangpu Riverside will rise 6 super high-rise building, as the new Shanghai landmark buildings. Wherein a layer of more than 80, nearly 400 meters the tallest building is expected to become the center of Xujiahui than the tallest building in Puxi. Lujiazui landmarks across the three towers, looking! Here's Yangpu Riverside dream future

Older plans:

Last edited by Victhor; March 15th, 2016 at 05:06 PM.
Old March 18th, 2016, 12:08 AM   #2638
Victhor
Que paza!!!

First, I need a quick translation for this, could someone help me?, it might mean 1 week 3 days, but very badly translated into chinese by google translator. I've done some research and literally could mean "1 day 3 autumn".

Second:
A friend from Shanghai took these pics of construction boards for me, he says it is "In Jinqiao, I think xinjinqiao road"

Last edited by Victhor; March 18th, 2016 at 12:19 AM.
Old March 18th, 2016, 02:55 PM   #2639
hkskyline
Hong Kong

5 used oil tanks to be converted into art galleries in Xuhui District
March 17, 2016
Shanghai Daily

FIVE huge oil tank once belonging to China’s major aviation fuel supplier will be turned into art galleries, theatre and exhibition centers at a new park along the Huangpu River in Xuhui District, the authority said yesterday.

The four small and a large tank was built by the China National Aviation Fuel to store fuel to supply to the Hongqiao International Airport and it will become the iconic structures at the Oil Tank Art Park to open to public in 2017, an official with the district government said.

The park will cover 57,000 square meters to become a public activity and art center with the memory of the city’s early industry, the official added.

Construction on the park project will begin by the end of this year and open next year.

Old March 18th, 2016, 08:13 PM   #2640
erkantang

Likes (Received): 185

Quote:
First, I need a quick translation for this, could someone help me?, it might mean 1 week 3 days, but very badly translated into chinese by google translator. I've done some research and literally could mean "1 day 3 autumn".

Second:
A friend from Shanghai took these pics of construction boards for me, he says it is "In Jinqiao, I think xinjinqiao road"

It does mean 1day 3 autumns, probably a modern fancy name

Victhor liked this post
erkantang no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
shanghai