daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > City/Metro Compilations

City/Metro Compilations Help report active highrise/urban developments occurring in your city to the global SSC community.

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old April 19th, 2016, 03:34 PM   #2661
Victhor
Que paza!!!

Likes (Received): 1734

中美信托金融大厦
Sino-US Trust Finance Building

102 metres, 23 floors. Foundation works are well advanced, it must rise very soon.
The plot is very well situated, it's a pity that this project is not taller or more special.

Last edited by Victhor; April 26th, 2016 at 10:48 AM.
Victhor no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old May 10th, 2016, 10:19 PM   #2662
Victhor
Que paza!!!

Great news!, 2 unknown projects until now, that are supossed to start construction soon in very central plots!.
Source: https://mp.weixin.qq.com/s?__biz=MzA...l2mYKqD7YIj#rd

1. West Nanjing Road Station / 线南京西路站
The only information is the construction rate, which is very high, with that rate it is likely that this project will be over 200 metres tall. It's located next to the almost complete Dazhongli project.

Sheung Delu Kang Ting Road / 位于常德路康定路
It's going to be 200 metres tall, the render is from a previous proposal, the new proposal hasn't been realeased yet, but it must have the same dimension.

Location of both projects:

Munwon, el palmesano, Transhumanista, SH16 liked this post
Old May 11th, 2016, 09:47 AM   #2663
Joel que

Likes (Received): 42

shanghai should encourage the constructyion of art deco sky scraper

erbse, LeGreg liked this post
Joel que no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 17th, 2016, 12:29 PM   #2664
Victhor
Que paza!!!

Otis is Building World’s Tallest Elevator Test Tower in China

Quote:
Otis China will build a new elevator test tower in Shanghai as part of a new global research and development facility. Planned at approximately 270 meters (885 feet) in height, the new test tower is anticipated to be the tallest above-ground test tower in the world upon completion. Currently, the tallest is the ThyssenKrupp elevator test tower in Rottweil, Germany at 246 meters (807 feet).
http://highrisefacilities.com/otis-i...inkId=24389698

http://www.dezeen.com/2016/05/11/sha...t-tower-china/

I still don't know where in Shanghai is it going to be built!

SH16, Pansori, Londonese liked this post

Last edited by Victhor; May 17th, 2016 at 12:38 PM.
Old May 17th, 2016, 06:09 PM   #2665
erkantang

Likes (Received): 186

Hopefully not near the city
erkantang no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 5th, 2016, 07:25 PM   #2666
LeGreg

Likes (Received): 0

Hi guys I just wanted to know if there are currently any skyscrapers under construction in the Pudong district ? Because I see a lot of super and megatall buildings growing up all around China (Shenzhen, Wuhan, Chongqing, Shenyang...) and I see nothing more in Shanghai (in Pudong actually)...
LeGreg no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 6th, 2016, 01:24 PM   #2667
Shanghainese

Likes (Received): 92

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeGreg View Post
Hi guys I just wanted to know if there are currently any skyscrapers under construction in the Pudong district ? Because I see a lot of super and megatall buildings growing up all around China (Shenzhen, Wuhan, Chongqing, Shenyang...) and I see nothing more in Shanghai (in Pudong actually)...
Hello LeGreg,

Hmmm, i donīt know...the Foxconn is just around 100m in the first line infront of the Oriental Pearl Tower under construction. Then, the Century Avenue along, there are a few Projects under construction, also around until 150m.

Someone say, that it could come a Skyscraper oder Supertall beside to the Shanghai Tower but i donīt know.... The field for this actually will be slowly demolish. A waterstation now is there.

I think, Shanghai donīt need anymore supertalls. The 4 Brothers Oriental Pearl Tower, Jin Mao Tower, Meadows Opener and the Shanghai Tower are the Face of Shanghai. It donīt need more if you ask me. A Skyscraper yes but not a supertall i think.

But we will see what the future brings .

PS: You can ask the guys at Gaoloumi, maybe they know more...
The cause of the economic crisis is the policy of cheap money. Artificially low interest rates mean a culture of debt and inflation. This follow economic collapse. The profiteers of such a system speak a you that the causes are different. But that is not correct. Ludwig von Mises understood our monetary system. But the mainstream suppressed his findings.

www.misesde.org and www.mises.com
Shanghainese no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 6th, 2016, 07:31 PM   #2668
Victhor
Que paza!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shanghainese View Post
Hello LeGreg,

Hmmm, i donīt know...the Foxconn is just around 100m in the first line infront of the Oriental Pearl Tower under construction. Then, the Century Avenue along, there are a few Projects under construction, also around until 150m.

Someone say, that it could come a Skyscraper oder Supertall beside to the Shanghai Tower but i donīt know.... The field for this actually will be slowly demolish. A waterstation now is there.

I think, Shanghai donīt need anymore supertalls. The 4 Brothers Oriental Pearl Tower, Jin Mao Tower, Meadows Opener and the Shanghai Tower are the Face of Shanghai. It donīt need more if you ask me. A Skyscraper yes but not a supertall i think.

But we will see what the future brings .

PS: You can ask the guys at Gaoloumi, maybe they know more...
I can confirm exactly what you said, Pudong is very big, surely he refers to Lujiazui, and there isn't any project taller than 120 metres for a very long time, about 2km from Lujiazui, in Pudong, there's a project under construction with 3 towers from 150 to 215 metres tall. And in the center of Lujiazui there has been a proposal for many years as you said, but nothing serious, and no news since 2011 or so.
Old June 8th, 2016, 09:31 PM   #2669
LeGreg

Likes (Received): 0

Thank you guys for your informations and yes i was talking about the Lujiazui part of Pudong because of course Shanghai has already all the supertalls towers that she needs (4 towers higher than 400m that's huge !) but I really feel like Lujiazui is too large and doesn't have enough skyscrapers for the moment (but it's been only 26 years that luijazui district really exist)
LeGreg no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 25th, 2016, 07:55 PM   #2670
hkskyline
Hong Kong

Likes (Received): 18133

Mega stadium planned for Shanghai as part China's dream to be global soccer superpower
17 June 2016
South China Morning Post Excerpt

As part of China's effort to become a global soccer superpower, authorities in the nation's largest city have announced plans for a massive new football stadium to seat 50,000 spectators, a semi-official news website reports.

When completed, the Pudong Soccer Stadium in Shanghai is expected to double to a venue for international events like the World Cup, Olympic Games or possibly the 2019 Fifa Club World Cup, for which China is reportedly bidding, according to report on Thepaper.cn.

Separately, sources had told the city's Jiefang Daily newspaper that the Shanghai Sports Bureau had approached domestic and international architectural firms for ideas and but the whole project was still under discussion.

The stadium is likely to be the new home for Shanghai International Port Group (SIPG) Football Club, the Thepaper.cn report said.

The new stadium will cover a 10 hectare site in Pudong New Area, according to a statement from the bureau that did not provide more details such as a budget or timeline for the project.

Shanghai already has two soccer stadiums - the 35,000-seat Hongkou stadium and the Jinshan stadium that seats fewer than 20,000 spectators - as well as the multi-purpose Shanghai Stadium that can also host football matches along with other sports.

But the city government has long hoped to build a larger capacity soccer stadium.

In an earlier interview with the Thepaper.cn, Chen Xuyuan, president of Shanghai International Port and owner of the SIPG, said the original plan was to upgrade the Yuanshen Sports Centre Stadium, a facility for 10,000 people that is used mostly for association football matches in the city.

But the plan didn't eventuate because the site was too small, the report said.

World Photo Gallery - | St. Petersburg, Russia | Pyongyang | Tokyo | Istanbul | Dubai | Shanghai | Mumbai | Bangkok | Sydney

New York, London, Prague, Iceland, Rocky Mountains, Angkor Wat, Sri Lanka, Poland, Myanmar, and much more!

Zaz965 liked this post
hkskyline no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 11th, 2016, 07:03 PM   #2671
Victhor
Que paza!!!

From Gaoloumi, it seems this 120 metre tower is under construction, not sure about the veracity of the information.
Name: Something like "长江实业的高尚领域A3的行政公馆的二期" or "Two noble art A3 Cheung Kong executive mansion"
Floors: 43 (but seems too many for only 120 metres, something is wrong here)

http://sh.house.ifeng.com/detail/201...772917_0.shtml

From xsw999 in Gaoloumi:

http://www.gaoloumi.com/forum.php?mo...&extra=&page=1

Munwon, SH16, Zaz965 liked this post
Old July 17th, 2016, 05:02 AM   #2672
Victhor
Que paza!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Victhor View Post
Great news!, 2 unknown projects until now, that are supossed to start construction soon in very central plots!.
Source: https://mp.weixin.qq.com/s?__biz=MzA...l2mYKqD7YIj#rd

1. West Nanjing Road Station / 线南京西路站
The only information is the construction rate, which is very high, with that rate it is likely that this project will be over 200 metres tall. It's located next to the almost complete Dazhongli project.

Sheung Delu Kang Ting Road / 位于常德路康定路
It's going to be 200 metres tall, the render is from a previous proposal, the new proposal hasn't been realeased yet, but it must have the same dimension.

Location of both projects:
It seems this project has a final design now, and it may be under construction already, the plot is active.
http://www.gaoloumi.com/forum.php?mo...extra=page%3D1

SH16 liked this post
Old July 17th, 2016, 05:09 AM   #2673
Victhor
Que paza!!!

Misterious tower under construction far in Pudong, maybe it is the 270m Otis testing tower.

SH16, Munwon liked this post
Old July 17th, 2016, 05:27 AM   #2674
erkantang

Likes (Received): 186

Quote:
Misterious tower under construction far in Pudong, maybe it is the 270m Otis testing tower.

Proberly is because it is so thin, but that went up fast though haha
erkantang no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 23rd, 2016, 02:32 PM   #2675
gaodashang

Likes (Received): 2

Hi, I'm new to this forum. This may have been discussed before, but I'm not sure as I haven't read thru all the pages in the thread:

Does anyone know what is being built in this massive construction site bounded by the Suzhou River, West Tianmu Road to the North, and Hengfeng Road to the East, the area in the pic below? For reference, this construction site is right behind the Intercontinental Puxi, and is close to the Hanzhong Road metro stop.

[/IMG]
gaodashang no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 26th, 2016, 05:08 PM   #2676
Victhor
Que paza!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaodashang View Post
Hi, I'm new to this forum. This may have been discussed before, but I'm not sure as I haven't read thru all the pages in the thread:

Does anyone know what is being built in this massive construction site bounded by the Suzhou River, West Tianmu Road to the North, and Hengfeng Road to the East, the area in the pic below? For reference, this construction site is right behind the Intercontinental Puxi, and is close to the Hanzhong Road metro stop.

[/IMG]
The image doesn't show. Try to upload the photo to some image storage website like http://imgur.com/ if you are outside China or use VPN, or you can try flickr.com if you are in China without VPN.
PD: However, nothing tall goes in that area at the moment, maybe you have seen a 30-floor concrete structure, it's not going to get any taller, just 30-33 floor, there are other projects just next to the river, mostly residential and around 10 floors, maybe a bit taller, but shorter than 20 floors.
There are several skyscrapers, included a 300m tower, planned for the area between Hanzhong road station and Qufu road station, closer to Qufu road, but it will take very long until something tall begins construction, at the moment the area that is demolished is mostly for parks, the area for tall buildings is yet inhabited, maybe they are in the expropriation process, that usually takes 3-6 years. Try to upload that image, maybe I am talking about the wrong area.

SH16 liked this post

Last edited by Victhor; July 27th, 2016 at 04:21 AM.
Old July 26th, 2016, 05:17 PM   #2677
Victhor
Que paza!!!

A new project 260 metres tall. From the bad google translation I call it "Jinqiao fifth center", it is in Jianqiao, that's in Pudong, but very far as almost always... 11km from the Shanghai Tower. The plot is not under demolition yet.
Source:

The location is at the north of this point, across the wide road:
http://map.qq.com/?l=437098998

Jinqiao fifth center 01 by Victor Carcedo, en Flickr

turnip, AbidM, SH16, Kot Bazilio, teddybear liked this post

Last edited by Victhor; July 31st, 2016 at 02:53 PM.
Old July 30th, 2016, 04:47 PM   #2678
gaodashang

Likes (Received): 2

It turns out that I don't have enough posts to post links or pictures, but I'll try to do so once I have 10 posts here.

As a more detailed explanation via words only, that area is on the right embankment of Suzhou Creek and roughly halfway between Hanzhong Road and Jiangning Road metro stations on line 13. I think the construction site also extends to the Jiangning Road station side of the Suzhou River. It used to be a slum-like collection of housing spanning both sides of the river just behind the Club Tower of Intercontinental Puxi (BM Plaza) until it got torn down a few years ago.

Hope this is useful!

SH16, Victhor liked this post
gaodashang no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 30th, 2016, 08:26 PM   #2679
Kot Bazilio

Likes (Received): 2661

Quote:
A new project 260 metres tall. From the bad google translation I call it "Jinqiao fifth center", it is in Jianqiao, that's in Pudong, but very far as almost always... 11km from the Shanghai Tower. The plot is not under demolition yet.
The location is at the north of this point, across the wide road:
http://map.qq.com/?l=437098998

Jinqiao fifth center 01 by Victor Carcedo, en Flickr
Residential, office, mixed use?
Kot Bazilio no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 30th, 2016, 08:27 PM   #2680
Kot Bazilio

Likes (Received): 2661

next page
Kot Bazilio no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
shanghai