daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > City/Metro Compilations

City/Metro Compilations Help report active highrise/urban developments occurring in your city to the global SSC community.

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old August 18th, 2008, 08:28 PM   #601
staff
囧!

Location: Hong Kong | Singapore | Melbourne | Malm÷ | Copenhagen | Shanghai
Likes (Received): 717

Here are SOM's skybridges that currently make all of Lujiazui a big construction site at street level.

image hosted on flickr

image hosted on flickr

image hosted on flickr

image hosted on flickr

image hosted on flickr

image hosted on flickr

image hosted on flickr

Sponsored Links
Old August 18th, 2008, 08:50 PM   #602
z0rg
fok julle naaiers

Likes (Received): 15908

Some pics by 841120tss

GFB almost finished

Ping An Tower

More than 300 supertall projects on going in China.
z0rg no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 18th, 2008, 10:16 PM   #603
z0rg
fok julle naaiers

image hosted on flickr

Found something about this one.

Huai Hai Zhong Road Project (Joint venture)

The project is on Huai Hai Zhong Road spanning Luwan and Xuhui districts in the heart of the business, commercial and retail zone in Puxi. It already has a number of major office buildings and modern shopping centres, making the area a favourable site for malls, offices and up-market residences. The project will have an eight-storey shopping mall plus basement and car park, two 28- and 32-storey office buildings and two 24-storey residential towers.

The Group's attributable gross floor area is 2.5 million square feet. The Group's expertise in developing quality properties and the prime location, top-grade design and quality will make it a new model for commercial property development in Shanghai.

The mall component will be a premium shopping destination with the most comprehensive selection of retail choices in town. The fašades and interiors were designed by a noted architecture firm Benoy, which did Hong Kong APM. The mall will measure about 1.3 million square feet and house over 300 shops. Opening is scheduled in 2011.

The planning of the development respects the surrounding cityscape. The towers are aligned in harmony with the office buildings on the east and south, while the residential towers are all at the west end. Extensive windows will let in sunlight. The modern, environmentally-friendly design will make the development a new landmark on Huai Hai Zhong Road. The project is next to the natural greenery of Xiang Yang Park. A 12,000-square-foot green belt is planned between Nan Chang Road and Xiang Yang Nan Road, plus green spaces at building entrances and atop the mall, will add life to the development and provide attractive public space for the city.

The development will be connected to the existing and proposed metro subway stations at the intersection of three lines. The two basement floors will be directly linked to the concourses of the two proposed lines, which will boost visitor flow to the mall and add an efficient pedestrian subway in Xuhui district.

Huai Hai Zhong Road project was given precertification by the Leadership in Energy & Environmental Design (LEED) programme under the US Green Building Council: considered an important global benchmark for sustainable development. The LEED Gold precertification recognizes the first two office towers in the development.

http://www.shkp.com/en/scripts/mainl...d_shanghai.php

Old August 18th, 2008, 10:26 PM   #604
the spliff fairy
ONE WORLD

Likes (Received): 6231

image hosted on flickr

aaargh, not keen at all on the skybridges. It's basically Courbousier redux - not pedestrian friendly at all. To cross to the other side you have to walk up the street, up the stairs, cross the bridge, down the stairs, then down the street again. Ad nauseum when crossing several roads.

They don't work. Alot of sixties town centres in UK have them, also Hong Kong. I'm not a fan, much prefer pedestrian cross
the spliff fairy no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 18th, 2008, 10:30 PM   #605
z0rg
fok julle naaiers

I agree, hate them. Unless they have escalators, then I like it a lot. But if they haven't it is so annoying...

Old August 19th, 2008, 12:40 AM   #606
ZZ-II
I love Skyscrapers

Likes (Received): 6525

are these skybridges really UC already? would be cool, i love them
ZZ-II no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 19th, 2008, 12:43 PM   #607
kix111

Likes (Received): 2929

yeah they were u/c ages ago haha

i dont mind as long as there are air conditioning in them, because sometimes summer can get really really hot in shanghai (over 35 degress)
kix111 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 19th, 2008, 01:51 PM   #608
staff
囧!

And heating in the winters, which can get really cold!
Old August 20th, 2008, 09:30 AM   #609
kix111

Likes (Received): 2929

certainly

from http://www.skyscrapers.cn/forum/view...extra=page%3D1

kix111 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 20th, 2008, 07:25 PM   #610
ZZ-II
I love Skyscrapers

Likes (Received): 6525

Quote:
Originally Posted by kix111 View Post
yeah they were u/c ages ago haha

i dont mind as long as there are air conditioning in them, because sometimes summer can get really really hot in shanghai (over 35 degress)
do we have any pics from the bridges? never seen some
ZZ-II no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 20th, 2008, 08:48 PM   #611
abcgoodest

Likes (Received): 3

I think urban planners should really review their planning of Shanghai. No doubt Shanghai is building some terrific buildings. But if you view the panorama of the city, the overall layout of the city is still a dismay, looks like a sprawl of ugly, disorganized, badly designed blocks mixed with old low-rise blocks. Shanghai is starting to mount a challenge on London, Tokyo and New York City but that doesn't mean building supertalls everywhere. Checkout the city layout of the 3 cities I just mentioned, see what Shanghai is missing?
abcgoodest no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 20th, 2008, 10:57 PM   #612
vara×dinec
vara×din forever...

Likes (Received): 1

Quote:
certainly

what is this building?
vara×dinec no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 20th, 2008, 11:24 PM   #613
staff
囧!

abcgoodest,
No, I don't see what it is missing. If you're referring to the planning in Lujiazui - it makes up a fraction of a percent of Shanghai's urban area. The rest is insanely urban, dense, walkable and vibrant.

varaždinec,
Hongqiao Traffic Hub.
Old August 20th, 2008, 11:57 PM   #614
cornish pasty

Likes (Received): 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by the spliff fairy View Post
aaargh, not keen at all on the skybridges. It's basically Courbousier redux - not pedestrian friendly at all. To cross to the other side you have to walk up the street, up the stairs, cross the bridge, down the stairs, then down the street again. Ad nauseum when crossing several roads.

They don't work. Alot of sixties town centres in UK have them, also Hong Kong. I'm not a fan, much prefer pedestrian cross
I agree with you, when it's just one street I think it's so much easier just to cross, but I think it works well when it's on a large scale like all over Lujiazui. I'd imagine it being an outdoors version of Minneapolis's skyways.
cornish pasty no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 21st, 2008, 05:35 AM   #615
XiaoBai
逍遥法外

Likes (Received): 18

Quote:
Or 40 degrees if you're talking about this summer.
Old August 21st, 2008, 04:19 PM   #616
abcgoodest

Likes (Received): 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by staff View Post
abcgoodest,
No, I don't see what it is missing. If you're referring to the planning in Lujiazui - it makes up a fraction of a percent of Shanghai's urban area. The rest is insanely urban, dense, walkable and vibrant.

vara×dinec,
Hongqiao Traffic Hub.
In fact I'm referring to the entire Shanghai skyline.
For Lujiazui, you see a big problem as Jinmao tower and SWFC is too close such that they don't accomodate each other beside it, and now they are going to build another supertall RIGHT BESIDE them. Combining with the ugly 1990s towers(can't anyone just destroy or modify them) beside it looks aweful.

For Puxi, if you look across from Lujiazui you see a bunch of disorganized commie blocks and towers mixed with low rises that look as if they are going to fall apart. All of this, combining with the fact that the city lacks sufficient greening and parks, makes Puxi looks like a huge sprawl of mess.

I understand the need to redevelop, build skyscrapers for office, residential demand, but can't the officals plan it in an orderly way? Designating some spaces for high rises and some spaces for low rises. And please use more evergreens in your city greening because I don't like to see so many barren trees in winter.

I know I'm being critical, but this is what Shanghai has to improve on to be considered as a world-class megapolis.
abcgoodest no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 21st, 2008, 04:54 PM   #617
z0rg
fok julle naaiers

Quote:
Originally Posted by abcgoodest View Post
In fact I'm referring to the entire Shanghai skyline.
For Lujiazui, you see a big problem as Jinmao tower and SWFC is too close such that they don't accomodate each other beside it, and now they are going to build another supertall RIGHT BESIDE them. Combining with the ugly 1990s towers(can't anyone just destroy or modify them) beside it looks aweful.
All 6~ floor midrises around Lujiazui are scheduled to be torn down as Lujiazui is facing a huge extension eastwards. I don't see any problem about setting 3 supertalls in 3 big plots next to each other, quite a nice cluster in my opinion. Many CBDs around the world are planning similar schemes.

Quote:
For Puxi, if you look across from Lujiazui you see a bunch of disorganized commie blocks and towers mixed with low rises that look as if they are going to fall apart. All of this, combining with the fact that the city lacks sufficient greening and parks, makes Puxi looks like a huge sprawl of mess.
Puxi is a skyscraper ocean. In a few decades basically the whole area within Zhongshan ring road will become a monster CBD with clusters of 200m+ towers disseminated all around this huge area. I agree with you about the crappy old lowrises, that fortunately are being demolished quite fastly, making Shanghai one the world's fastest redeveloping cities. There are many crappy highrsies built in the 80s and early 90s either, but I don't think they'll be there for many years unless they are cleaned up.

About parks, imo Shanghai has too many of them. Not in the central districts fortunately (Luwan, Huangpu, Jing'an, etc), but in other areas these green spots are a total waste of land. In general every big green area is a waste of land, they better set tons of tiny parks anywhere around the city where people can do exercises, walk the kids, etc. But big ones make no sense but pacifying the cityphobia of those greenist lobbies

Quote:
I understand the need to redevelop, build skyscrapers for office, residential demand, but can't the officals plan it in an orderly way? Designating some spaces for high rises and some spaces for low rises. And please use more evergreens in your city greening because I don't like to see so many barren trees in winter.
Overplanning is antinatural, that's Lujiazui's main problem. I hate most pre-planned CBDs. This area just looks like a huge skyscraper museum. The concept of large projects popping-up anywhere within the huge city center is far more natural and offers developers more freedom to grow their projects. On the other hand just look at Jing'an and Nanjing Lu in general, there are tons of office and residential big towers combined with midrises. The area around this avenue is probably the most pleasant in modern Shanghai. Anyway, midrises will tend to disappear little by little, especially those ugly reed roofed clones that you still can find almost anywhere, yawn!

When talking about urban aesthetics, Shanghai's main problem are those tacky residential highrises. Fortunately they aren't building this kind of shit anymore as almost every modern residential highrise being built nowadays is very cute as long as you like condos

Deciduous trees, well, so many cities around the world have tons of them. It offers a more 'natural spirit' to your cities as you can witness the effects of the seasons along the year...

Last edited by z0rg; August 21st, 2008 at 05:04 PM.
Old August 21st, 2008, 05:58 PM   #618
XiaoBai
逍遥法外

Likes (Received): 18

Aug. 21st. Took a stroll along North Sichuan Rd., camera in tow.

Rose Plaza

image hosted on flickr

image hosted on flickr

image hosted on flickr

Jia Jie International

(...and apparently, downtown Seattle as well )
image hosted on flickr

image hosted on flickr

image hosted on flickr

...and this one going up at N. Sichuan and Wu Jin Road (forgot to check out the sign for the info--looks like it's being built above the currently U/C line 10 subway--and probably over 100m)

image hosted on flickr

[IMG]
Old August 21st, 2008, 08:11 PM   #619
staff
囧!

Quote:
Originally Posted by XiaoBai View Post
...and this one going up at N. Sichuan and Wu Jin Road (forgot to check out the sign for the info--looks like it's being built above the currently U/C line 10 subway--and probably over 100m)
That's the Shanghai Intl. Capital Plaza!

image hosted on flickr

image hosted on flickr
Old August 21st, 2008, 10:06 PM   #620
z0rg
fok julle naaiers

Northeast Lujiazui by dysiabai.
image hosted on flickr

image hosted on flickr

image hosted on flickr

Tags
shanghai