daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > European Forums > UK & Ireland Architecture Forums > Projects and Construction > Liverpool Metro Area

Liverpool Metro Area 'Scouse Scrapers for both sides of the Mersey

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old December 20th, 2006, 01:34 PM   #101
bluesnapper

Likes (Received): 236

Quote:
Originally Posted by westisbest View Post
i doubt we will get 90,000 pax more than last year for nov-dec
Quote:
no i think 5 will be reached
Confused westi?

Both posts quoted in reply to two different posts asking if 5million passengers to be reached at LPL for 2006.

Last edited by bluesnapper; December 20th, 2006 at 01:52 PM.
bluesnapper no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links

Old December 20th, 2006, 02:03 PM   #102
westisbest
Justice for the 96

Likes (Received): 28

yes but the first was posted a week or so back, my readings on the echos website has changed my mind

18 League Titles
5 European Cups
westisbest no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 20th, 2006, 02:08 PM   #103
westisbest
Justice for the 96

Likes (Received): 28

right that 3.768million over 9 months (Jan-Sep) equals about 420,000 per month (average) 420,000 for the Oct-Dec equals 1.26Million, that is 5.03 million, who knows?

18 League Titles
5 European Cups
westisbest no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 20th, 2006, 02:17 PM   #104
bluesnapper

Quote:
right that 3.768million over 9 months (Jan-Sep) equals about 420,000 per month (average) 420,000 for the Oct-Dec equals 1.26Million, that is 5.03 million, who knows?
Firstly, what does it say the Echo website for you to change your mind?

Secondly, October is still in the summer period for airlines. This means that October will be much higher than those in November and December.

For comparison and giving a better idea of the final total;

Jan 06 to Sept 06 = 3,768,387
Oct06 to Dec 06 = 1,155,090 (Oct 05 = 417,737 plus Nov 05 = 339,863 plus Dec 05 = 342,486 PLUS 5%)
TOTAL = 4,923,477
Old December 20th, 2006, 02:49 PM   #105
bustcapl
Cork 2005

Likes (Received): 57

who cares i would be more bothered by the loat revenue and pax from not having a decent ILS system installed. Over 35 flights canx yesterday and more today... that just shite!

LPL i think is the only airport in the top ten in the country which does not have CATIII ILS system

www.justgiving.com/trevorcaplisnyc08
bustcapl no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 20th, 2006, 03:08 PM   #106
bluesnapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by bustcapl View Post
who cares i would be more bothered by the loat revenue and pax from not having a decent ILS system installed. Over 35 flights canx yesterday and more today... that just shite!

LPL i think is the only airport in the top ten in the country which does not have CATIII ILS system
The airport is having a £24million reconstruction of the runway, part of this involves replacing the lighting.

The renewal of the lighting involves, amongst other things, resiting of the ducts and wiring and as a consequence the airport is operating to CAT I capabilities.

When various stages have been reached then the 'CAT' level will be altered.

It must be said that although any airport maybe licensed for CAT III does not mean any aircraft can land in those conditions. The pilot and aircraft MUST be licensed to operate for CAT III also.

For information the current state of play is that the runway has had 4" in depth taken off it and a new covering of 4" put back. The runway is currently half way (in length) having another layer 2" in depth put on before the final 2" in depth layer finishing off the job. The various layers are of different substances that make up modern runways.
Old December 21st, 2006, 02:17 PM   #107
bustcapl
Cork 2005

Likes (Received): 57

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesnapper View Post
The airport is having a £24million reconstruction of the runway, part of this involves replacing the lighting.

The renewal of the lighting involves, amongst other things, resiting of the ducts and wiring and as a consequence the airport is operating to CAT I capabilities.

When various stages have been reached then the 'CAT' level will be altered.

It must be said that although any airport maybe licensed for CAT III does not mean any aircraft can land in those conditions. The pilot and aircraft MUST be licensed to operate for CAT III also.

For information the current state of play is that the runway has had 4" in depth taken off it and a new covering of 4" put back. The runway is currently half way (in length) having another layer 2" in depth put on before the final 2" in depth layer finishing off the job. The various layers are of different substances that make up modern runways.
All very useful information blue... i do work in the industry... and 85/90% of the operators inand out of LPL have both CatIII capable a/c and pilots.... A319's and 737-800 are CATIII equipped.

I use to work at an airline that could only operate in CATI conditions and i know the that fog rarely if ever hoversz above those limitations. (550m+)

I understand the necessity to resurface the runway.... but my point was that of those 36 canx that happened the other day maybe only 5 or six would have happened with a CATIII Ils. The likes of EZY and FR will always use the fog as an excuse to canx poorly selling flights.

When i looked at the weather the RVR was usually between 200-300m , perfectly suitable for CATIII operations.

LPL can ill afford anymore days like that....

Is the airport going to have CATIII when the runway works are finished ? Or will it just be back to CATII and CATI at the other end i would be inetrested to know.

Ta!

www.justgiving.com/trevorcaplisnyc08
bustcapl no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 21st, 2006, 08:50 PM   #108
Scarecrow
Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

Likes (Received): 997

Quote:
i do work in the industry
**** off! You're a trolly dolly. A crap one at that.
Old December 22nd, 2006, 12:49 AM   #109
bluesnapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by bustcapl View Post
All very useful information blue... i do work in the industry... and 85/90% of the operators inand out of LPL have both CatIII capable a/c and pilots.... A319's and 737-800 are CATIII equipped.

I use to work at an airline that could only operate in CATI conditions and i know the that fog rarely if ever hoversz above those limitations. (550m+)

I understand the necessity to resurface the runway.... but my point was that of those 36 canx that happened the other day maybe only 5 or six would have happened with a CATIII Ils. The likes of EZY and FR will always use the fog as an excuse to canx poorly selling flights.

When i looked at the weather the RVR was usually between 200-300m , perfectly suitable for CATIII operations.

LPL can ill afford anymore days like that....

Is the airport going to have CATIII when the runway works are finished ? Or will it just be back to CATII and CATI at the other end i would be inetrested to know.

Ta!
I was down there on a site visit last week and the runway has very limited lighting with no centre line in places which gives the basic CAT I rating.

Once the runway reconstruction has been done the airfield lighting will be CAT III.

But there is more to CAT III than lighting within the airfield.

One final thing is that its illegal to land at an airport by ignoring the prevailing conditions and the rating of the pilot/aircraft/airfield.

Now re 'LPL can ill afford anymore days like that.... ' the airport company has very little choice in the matter because the reconstruction (together with the 40 year old wiring and ducting system needing to be brought up to date) needed to be done at this time and at this time of the year.

Last edited by bluesnapper; December 22nd, 2006 at 12:56 AM.
Old December 22nd, 2006, 07:36 PM   #110
bluesnapper

Liverpool/New York JFK route now timetabled daily until early January 2008.

Was thought to be dropping (from daily) to two per week from November 2007.
Old December 23rd, 2006, 11:13 AM   #111
Liverpool8
southcentralLiverpool

Likes (Received): 0

so what happened to all the scaremongering about stop-offs in Knock? BTW, I have been to Knock airport. The airport was in the middle of redevelopment so probably it has changed since I was last there (June). The best thing about it is its restaurant on the 1st floor - it seems to act as a canteen for the surrounding area serving industrial sized meals (chicken/beef curry, steak pie etc -nothing for vegetarians, I'm afraid - even the cheese sandwiches have ham in them) You can sit and watch a 737 or two land/take off whilst you eat your meal. The runway looks a bit dodgy, like it was done by a tarmac cowboy.
Liverpool8 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 23rd, 2006, 02:58 PM   #112
Doug Roberts

Likes (Received): 163

Blue, does this change in the timetable suggest that the bookings are going better than expected or is this wishful thinking?? BTW thanks for the info on the runway job, are there any pictures?

Try not. Do or do not, there is no try. Yoda
Doug Roberts no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 23rd, 2006, 03:03 PM   #113
bluesnapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liverpool8 View Post
so what happened to all the scaremongering about stop-offs in Knock? BTW, I have been to Knock airport. The airport was in the middle of redevelopment so probably it has changed since I was last there (June). The best thing about it is its restaurant on the 1st floor - it seems to act as a canteen for the surrounding area serving industrial sized meals (chicken/beef curry, steak pie etc -nothing for vegetarians, I'm afraid - even the cheese sandwiches have ham in them) You can sit and watch a 737 or two land/take off whilst you eat your meal. The runway looks a bit dodgy, like it was done by a tarmac cowboy.
Globespan has been approved by the US authority to stop enroute Liverpool/JFK.

As yet I cannot see that there are any changes timetabled into the schedules.
Old December 23rd, 2006, 03:10 PM   #114
bluesnapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug Roberts View Post
Blue, does this change in the timetable suggest that the bookings are going better than expected or is this wishful thinking?? BTW thanks for the info on the runway job, are there any pictures?
Considering that it was to drop to twice weekly in the scheduling winter period (between the change in times we have in the UK) at the end of October and is now to fly daily in that period I take it that its doing 'well'.

I have no pictures of the runway work but I do know that the contractors are pleased with the brief from the airport and are saying that the work ask for and is being delivered is of top quality even at £24million.
Old December 23rd, 2006, 03:31 PM   #115
Doug Roberts

Likes (Received): 163

Blue, thanks for the info. I take it you work at the airport?? if so it's great to have an insiders view of things.

BTW the Daily Post reported this morning that Easyjet are on a collision course with Neil Pakey over the proposed '£2 security charge' EJ are urging their passengers not to pay the charge and have said that LJLA is the only airport in the UK that they use, who are asking for the security fee. I can see a U turn coming.

Try not. Do or do not, there is no try. Yoda
Doug Roberts no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 23rd, 2006, 03:33 PM   #116
wiki

Likes (Received): 13

LOTS OF DESTINATIONS
wiki no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 23rd, 2006, 03:36 PM   #117
bluesnapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug Roberts View Post
Blue, thanks for the info. I take it you work at the airport?? if so it's great to have an insiders view of things.
No, in finance sector.
Old December 24th, 2006, 11:34 AM   #118
Liverpool8
southcentralLiverpool

Likes (Received): 0

Quote:
Globespan has been approved by the US authority to stop enroute Liverpool/JFK.

As yet I cannot see that there are any changes timetabled into the schedules.
yeah but don't airlines do this all the time? (Apply for routes that they don't subsequently use). Hasn't Globespan also done the same for the Glasgow - US routes? My guess is that in some hamfisted way they are attemtping to cover their arses in case the routes do not generate good yields. I'm sure that they are sensible enough to realise that a stop off would probably put as many people off as it would attract. There's no mention whatsoever of services to Knock from anywhere on their website.
Liverpool8 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 24th, 2006, 12:14 PM   #119
bluesnapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liverpool8 View Post
yeah but don't airlines do this all the time? (Apply for routes that they don't subsequently use). Hasn't Globespan also done the same for the Glasgow - US routes? My guess is that in some hamfisted way they are attemtping to cover their arses in case the routes do not generate good yields. I'm sure that they are sensible enough to realise that a stop off would probably put as many people off as it would attract. There's no mention whatsoever of services to Knock from anywhere on their website.
Yes they do.

They do it to get all options approved in case they do need it in future.
Old December 26th, 2006, 12:20 PM   #120
bluesnapper

Quote:
Officially, up until the end of September = 3,768,387
October total is 461,106 so the official passenger total stats up to the end of October is 4,229,493.

Revised estimate for the annual 2006 total is now;

Jan 06 to Oct 06 = 4,229,493
Nov 06 and Dec 06 = 716,466 (Nov 05 = 339,863 plus Dec 05 = 342,486 PLUS 5%)
Total = 4,945,959

Tags
airports, airports of north england