daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > City/Metro Compilations

City/Metro Compilations Help report active highrise/urban developments occurring in your city to the global SSC community.

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old February 1st, 2007, 11:30 AM   #41
bedista
honoria et victoria

Likes (Received): 1

bloody hell! i will die just to see this built!!!! guess it would be so much better if this tower (Millennium Tower World Business Center, Busan, Korea) is about 800m in height.

ANIMO SAN BEDA!!!
ANIMO ATENEO!!!

long live the M.O.B. !!!
bedista no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old February 1st, 2007, 03:03 PM   #42
BOM
Alive

Likes (Received): 8

^ I agree

I don't see how it'll be the biggest tower in Asia when there'll be taller structures within Korea and you have Burj Dubai in the UAE. However, it is still a beautiful project.

c;

Last edited by BOM; February 1st, 2007 at 03:16 PM.
BOM no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 1st, 2007, 06:57 PM   #43
ZZ-II
I love Skyscrapers

Likes (Received): 6525

please build this tower, its so wonderful!!!
ZZ-II no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 1st, 2007, 06:58 PM   #44
ZZ-II
I love Skyscrapers

delete
Old February 3rd, 2007, 06:57 PM   #45
BOM
Alive

I'm going to redesign the first two pages/slots today, so it'll look a lot less abstract.

It'll include more info on: NSC, DMC, possible canal projects, Han River bridge renovations, the opera house that might include a supertall, and more.

c;

Last edited by BOM; February 3rd, 2007 at 11:24 PM.
Old February 3rd, 2007, 07:34 PM   #46
Giedrius_LT
BaltoScandia

Likes (Received): 2

Not bad.

Okay okay, just joking, it's beautiful
Giedrius_LT no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 4th, 2007, 05:34 AM   #47
sushibricks

Likes (Received): 0

some of these projects are being built with 100% certainty. It came out on the news several days ago when I was just bored sitting on the sofa and caught some words.

I found out some reasons why Korea has so much proposals but can't get built.

People here who own buildings are SO concerned with how much sunlight their buildings will get for how long per day. If a super tall is built, many buildings will be covered with shadows. Some people think that this brings bad luck or makes their location bad, eventually dropping the values.

There's also height restriction issues, not with the air force, but again with the shadows.

There's always people complaining. In addition to this, traffic traffic and traffic!!! I supposedly live in a area with low density and man, traffic here in the main street is HORRIBLE.

Otherwise, I don't see why these won't be built unless they're a total waste and useless.

I can't wait Songdo's completed...I know the First World Towers or wtvr those apartments are called are already being built and more or less close to being completed within a year or so.
sushibricks no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 4th, 2007, 06:24 AM   #48
MILIUX
skyscraper connoisseur

Likes (Received): 331

Quote:
Originally Posted by sushibricks View Post
People here who own buildings are SO concerned with how much sunlight their buildings will get for how long per day. If a super tall is built, many buildings will be covered with shadows. Some people think that this brings bad luck or makes their location bad, eventually dropping the values.
Is it like Fung Shay?
Old February 4th, 2007, 06:01 PM   #49
BOM
Alive

Here's a peak at the new front page!

In next ten-twenty years, Korea will see a transformation that'll bring the country back into the forefront of the world economy. With the establishment of over three free economic zones, expansion of all major port facilities, the shift in ubiquitous technologies and cities, and the huge effort to beatify and cosmopolitan-ize all large cities, Korea hopes to see another economic boom reminiscence to the early 90's. Further attention to social and economic equality and the fulminating growth of the Korean entertainment industry has hallmarked the country's entry to the 21st century. Although haunting memories of the Asian Financial Crisis looms over the economic history of Korea, the country is still pummeling its way to the end of the tunnel. New Songdo City, Digital Media City, BJEZ, the Korea and US FTA, and further beautifications in the capital all mark Korea's ambitious growth. The supertalls being constructed in Korea capitalize on the countrys' hopes and aspirations.
Index of Supertalls (300+):

This image is actually outdated, but it provides a good, simple summary... if you know Korean. If not, it has nice pictures :3.
AIG Main Tower [300 meters / 984 feet] [80 floors] [Approved/U/C; Completion: ?] [ Yeouido, Seoul; SIFC(Seoul International Finance Center)]
Parc 1 [302 meters] [72 floors] [Pretty sure it is approved or U/C; Completion: 2010] [Yeouido, Seoul; SIFC(Seoul International Finance Center)]
Northeast Asia Trade Tower[305 meters / 1001 feet] [65 floors] [U/C; Completion: 2010] [Incheon / New Songdo City]
Lotte World Busan [494 meters / 1,621 feet] [107 floors] [U/C; Completion: 2012] [Busan]
Millenium World Business Center Busan [550 meters] [110 floors] [Redesigned; Completion: 2011] [Busan]
Lotte World 2 [555 meters] [112 floors] [Completion: 2010] [Seoul]
International Business Center [580 meters] [130 floors] [Bidding/Approved; Completion: TBA]
Incheon Towers [610 meters / 2,000 feet] [151 floors] [U/C; Completion: 2010] [Incheon / New Songdo City]

c;

Last edited by BOM; February 9th, 2007 at 06:00 AM.
Old February 4th, 2007, 11:17 PM   #50
ZZ-II
I love Skyscrapers

Incheon Towers [510 meters] [151 floors] [U/C; Completion: 2010] [Incheon / New Songdo City]

are these towers really UC? and not 610m?
Old February 5th, 2007, 12:52 AM   #51
malec
Rrrraaaaaahhhhhhh!!!!!!!

Likes (Received): 125

Nope, just proposals that'll almost certainly never materialise
malec no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 5th, 2007, 01:27 AM   #52
mtb_nz
Wellington user

wow... what massive designs
mtb_nz no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 5th, 2007, 03:45 AM   #53
cydevil
Faith of the Heart

Likes (Received): 450

I wouldn't hold my breath for the Lotte Jamsil tower, because the Korean military strongly opposes its construction. While the Korean military has approved the Sangam International Business Tower under the condition that an anti-air battery be built on its roof, they're strongly opposing the Lotte Jamsil tower because it's close to the primary military airbase of Seoul. As the Korean military claims, the tower "will be in the flight path of aircrafts taking off from the air base".

Recently this year, Lotte announced a redesigned Lotte Busan tower with an extended height of 510m(previously 494m). I'm thinking this is because the possibility of getting the Lotte Jamsil tower is now slim, and so Lotte is focusing on the Busan tower.

As for the "landmark" tower in Yongsan(the 310m tower in the given image) I think it's interesting to note that a Korean business association proposed a mega-tower complex over 200 stories high. However, it is unlikely that the proposal will be accepted since the city government restricted height of the tower to 350m recently.

And the Incheon tower will be 610m in height.
cydevil no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 5th, 2007, 04:08 AM   #54
BOM
Alive

Are you sure it is 610 meters (for the Incheon Towers)?
At first I thought it was 610 then I looked at other sources, and they had more conservative numbers around 510.

I'll change it to 610 meters anyway >.>

As for speculations over the unlikely construction of buildings, such restrictions are usually done to structures in Seoul. The New Songdo City area in Incheon, where the Incheon Towers are being constructed, will definitely be built.

A 200-story tower would be interesting, but I'm pretty sure, as you said, the city government would expectedly make a restriction.

Also... here's a link with a quick overview of NSC & Parc 1: http://www.cushwakeasia.com/images/n...pportunity.pdf

c;

Last edited by BOM; February 5th, 2007 at 04:22 AM.
Old February 5th, 2007, 09:22 PM   #55
ZZ-II
I love Skyscrapers

shoudn't be start of construction at the Icheon towers this or next year?
Old February 7th, 2007, 12:17 AM   #56
BOM
Alive

I believe so C:

c;
Old February 7th, 2007, 02:03 AM   #57
Duomot
losing track of time

Likes (Received): 202

Really incredible, and they are so high... even more than 600 m.
I particularly like the Millennium Tower World Business Center.
Duomot no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 8th, 2007, 07:22 PM   #58
Evangelion
BANNED

Likes (Received): 3

i read in the news today that the incheon tower is under construction at the moment and will be built in august 2009!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

awesome tower !!!

Zefire liked this post
Evangelion no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 8th, 2007, 07:33 PM   #59
ZZ-II
I love Skyscrapers

hope you're right. but we need an evidence!
Old February 9th, 2007, 03:34 AM   #60
BOM
Alive

Great to hear

I wish there was a photo gallery for the construction going on in Incheon.

c;