daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > Skyscrapers > Proposed Skyscrapers

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old November 7th, 2006, 01:46 PM   #21
Erebus555
It's Sting. So What?

Likes (Received): 186

Actually this suits the skyline quite well so the design does work.
The UK Housing Wiki - Attempting to document every tower block, council estate, private estate, housing association, tower block construction/ demolition method, tower block architect, tower block construction company... etc etc, in the UK. Everything to do with postwar residences! - Please join and help!

EREBUS - OFFICIAL MOD CANDIDATE 2011 - BRITISH MODS FOR BRITISH PEOPLE!
Erebus555 no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old November 8th, 2006, 12:07 AM   #22
CULWULLA

Likes (Received): 10101

4th tallest to roof or 6th to structural tip.
over 250m
Q1-323m (2005)
Eureka-297m (2006)
Vision-283m (2007-2010)
120 collins-264m (1991)
101 collins-260m (1991)
480 queen st-255m proposed
bourke place-254m (antenna) (1990)
GPT-254m (antenna) (1993)
Rialto-251m (1986)
Riparian-250m (antenna) (2005)
Old November 9th, 2006, 12:34 PM   #23
RSG

Likes (Received): 4

I like it. It will add alot to the Brisbane skyline.
Old November 13th, 2006, 09:18 AM   #24
jimmialli

Likes (Received): 41

These buildings all look gr8 - hopefully Brisbane will become a bit more cosmopolitan and liveable.
jimmialli no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 13th, 2006, 09:49 AM   #25
Brendan

Likes (Received): 23

Culwulla and Locke, both of you are absolute geniouses. Thankyou so very much for both of your contributions to the website, thankyou so very much.

As for the tower, I actually like it, the beacon is amazing, I cannot wait to see it at night!

Well done Brisbane!
Brendan no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 28th, 2007, 08:44 AM   #26
KJBrissy

Likes (Received): 3408

480 Queen is approved. Rumours around are saying that it could hit 86 storeys!!!

Council approves Brisbane's tallest tower - new $650M project
QBR Tuesday 27 March 2007

Property developer APH has received Brisbane City Council Development Approval for what will be the city’s tallest tower – a 70-level commercial office, 5 star hotel and luxury residences development at 480 Queen Street, Brisbane.

The $650 million development come has been approved to 250m high, but will climb much higher once the city’s height limit is removed under the new CBD Masterplan.

The tower will also contain the Brisbane CBD’s first new 5-star apartment hotel project in more than a decade.

The new development approval comprises three major components to the new mixed-use development:

• 29,500 sq m of A-grade office space;
• 168 hotel apartments; and
• 109 premium residential apartments.

APH settled the $32 million purchase of the 480 Queen Street property in July 2006, and recently acquired the adjoining 828 sqm "Dome Niteclub" site for $7 million to incorporate into the tower plans.

"This iconic development will deliver the next generation of technology and sustainable design with first class accommodation facilities for office workers, short-term visitors to Brisbane and permanent residents as well as unparalleled and uninterrupted views of the Brisbane River, the Story Bridge and greater Brisbane," says APH Managing Director John Wilson.

Water-harvesting, black-water recycling, evaporative and other sustainable and energy efficient technologies will be employed to help conserve water and minimise energy consumption.

The project architects, Brisbane’s Cottee Parker, has worked with APH on several developments, including Aurora Tower, which was completed in May 2006.

"It was important that we chose a local architect sympathetic to the challenges facing Brisbane," Wilson says.

"Cottee Parker is uniquely Brisbane and has added some fantastic buildings to the Brisbane skyline."

Demolition works at 480 Queen Street will commence in December 2007, with construction to start in March 2008. Completion of the project is forecast for November 2010.

The office component of the building will be released to the market first, followed by the hotel and residential components.

"We expect the market to welcome the office space with open arms. Current research shows there is virtually zero A-grade commercial space currently available for lease in the Brisbane CBD, and 2% vacancy across all grades," says Wilson.
“When I was poor and complained about inequality they said I was bitter. Now that I'm rich and I complain about inequality they say I'm a hypocrite. I'm beginning to think they just don't want to talk about inequality.”
KJBrissy no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 28th, 2007, 08:52 AM   #27
giovani kun
====(^.^)====

Likes (Received): 559

fantastic

we need this one too in or skylines..impresive indeed
giovani kun no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 28th, 2007, 09:23 AM   #28
KJBrissy

I'm just hoping it hits the magic 300m to roof height after the redesign, then all my prayers are answered
“When I was poor and complained about inequality they said I was bitter. Now that I'm rich and I complain about inequality they say I'm a hypocrite. I'm beginning to think they just don't want to talk about inequality.”
Old May 1st, 2007, 12:19 PM   #29
Ralphkke
Carpe Diem

Likes (Received): 2

Nice tower!, i love this kind of designs.
Ralphkke no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 23rd, 2007, 11:25 AM   #30
KJBrissy

New CBD Masterplan should be out before the end of the year. We will see an increase in height then!
Old September 18th, 2007, 07:23 AM   #31
JayT
Like whatever....

Likes (Received): 1000

Any word on this one? A new DA for a higher tower should be out soon.

J
JayT no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 18th, 2007, 10:01 AM   #32
KJBrissy

Should be out when the City Centre Neighbourhood Plan becomes official. It is in the draft stages at the moment.
Old September 18th, 2007, 09:36 PM   #33
jpaulo_001
BANNED

Likes (Received): 0

Beautiful
jpaulo_001 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 1st, 2007, 01:22 PM   #34
KJBrissy

Now called Trilogy Tower and is now Approved.

Great website
Old November 2nd, 2007, 01:31 AM   #35
Second City
Loyola University

Likes (Received): 3

Very Nice! I like it.
Old December 1st, 2008, 01:35 PM   #36
Benficista123

Likes (Received): 0

BRISBANE | Trilogy Tower | 265m | 70 fl | On Hold

This time i searched the forums to see if there was a thread on this and theyre wasn't so i'm hoping this works.

this is the trilogy tower and to be one of the tallest in brisbane
unfortunately these are the only pictures i could find on google lol. but i hope it is enough and i hope people can help me out.

this buildings i a mix use building 265 meters tall with 70 floors and is under excavation at the moment. I'm not sure on completion though.

here are the photos of what it looks like in close up with a few surrounding buildings.

and what it will look like on the Brisbane skyline.
Benficista123 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 1st, 2008, 01:55 PM   #37
KDreamer
Marketing & Fashion, yo.

Likes (Received): 519

Personally I reckon that empire sq's top looks similar to the top of trilogy -- similar detail...(lantern)
KDreamer no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 1st, 2008, 02:19 PM   #38
Chad
Kickimus Gluteus Maximus

Likes (Received): 3624

Seems like I just felt in love with it.

-Imate pravo da ćutite, sve što budete rekli može i biće upotrebljeno protiv vas na forumu

You know you love me. XOXO.
Chad no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 1st, 2008, 02:25 PM   #39
Burden

The tower is actually on hold, redirect your intensions to the main SSC thread. http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showth...457523&page=19
Burden no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 1st, 2008, 05:26 PM   #40
Ni3lS

Likes (Received): 3423

I knew that there already was a thread about this one
[2016] > Norway, Valencia, Arvidsjaur, Innsbruck, Moselvalley, Geneva, Lisbon, Basel, Vosges, Munich, Trieste, Barcelona, Nürburgring, Frankfurt, Spa, Berlin, Wuppertal, Dortmund, Como, Monaco, Saint-Tropez, Tegernsee, Hamburg, Lübeck, Madrid, Stuttgart, Faro, Hochgurgl
[2017] > Düsseldorf, Mallorca, Geneva, Annecy, Montafon, Vorarlberg, Barcelona, Zürich, Crete, Lisbon, Cascais, Málaga, Ronda, Dolomiti, Sistiana, Kitzbühel
Ni3lS no está en línea   Reply With Quote